2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    edited January 2020
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 
    I thought every MSG show was/is considered  the best one ever?

I saw Albuquerque as a guess, along with North Charleston SC, for the missing city. Any other guesses? 
    I live in Charleston, SC. I would die if they came here, but not sure if it would geographically make sense?
    Anyway, I have some connections to the venues here and could sniff around...
    but they are announcing official dates soon soo...I don't know.... may just wait
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Ilovepj47 said:
    myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.
    Before or after Howard called Eddie a dick?

https://youtu.be/AQbBFVMEf6s

Howard is jealous. He wishes he could be 1% the man eddie is. 
    I wish 1% of the people on Earth could grow over the course of their lifetimes the way Howard Stern has. 
    Yes. Exactly. 
  • kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 56

Ron Bennington > Howard Stern
    This, 100% agree  #legend
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    If Pearl Jam does the Stern Show, it would have to be a Town Hall type of show to do it justice, ala Billy Joel.  I think Stern is a big enough fan that he can pull it off and sound reasonably knowledgeable.  I do remember some funny banter when Pearl Jam covered Love Reign O'er Me and Artie, Robin and Howard were weighing in whether they liked it or not.  There is a concert connection in that the guy who put together the Atlanta 94 radio broadcast that Eddie thanked whose name escapes me has been mentioned by Howard and Gary on the show as a friend of the program, so there's that connection.  I have a feeling Gary and Kelly Curtis have talked before.  Not out of the realm of possibility but I am not sure if Eddie is a Stern Show fan or not.

Gary and Kelly absolutely have talked before, no doubt about it.

Regarding the below part, Howard hates when any audience sings along to any song. I think this was also the part when Howard sounded impressed that Pearl Jam once used a guitar to play the keyboard part at the beginning.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news08/6-16.htm

6/19/2008:
    After the break we heard a prank call Richard made to a public access call in show. Fred also played Pearl Jam covering The Who's ''Baba O'Riley.'' Howard came back and said that he hates when the audience sings the song for the band. He didn't know who it was singing so Fred told him. Howard said that guy really is a good singer. He said he liked the cover too.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • We’re about to go into a tailspin lol

@dimitrispearljam Any shows after 4/18?

"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Melzombie said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 

I saw Albuquerque as a guess, along with North Charleston SC, for the missing city. Any other guesses? 
    I live in Charleston, SC. I would die if they came here, but not sure if it would geographically make sense?
    but they are announcing official dates soon soo...I don't know.... may just wait
    I would love to see them in Charleston, SC.  When did this rumor start?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Melzombie said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:

It hasn't.
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    I really hope we get the announcement tomorrow, bare minimum a tease of an announcement but I really don't wanna wait until monday. Lol 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Melzombie said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:

Not a rumor. We were trying to determine a city we may have missed. I tossed Charleston out as a guess.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    How about Charlottetown, PEI :)
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • mcgruff10 said:
    This website is saying Pearl Jam in Long Beach, California on 03/28/2020.  I wish this were true considering the ticket prices, not that I could make it out there anyways.  But what happened to the days of online ticket vendors prematurely leaking dates before the tour was announced?

https://www.wegow.com/en-us/nr/concerts/pearl-jam-concert-in-long-beach-gaslamp-restaurant-bar
    Pj is now playing bars for $26?! Sign me up!!
    Now THAT’S a hot ticket
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    on2legs said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing? ah, ya, just a little, haha. Probably the biggest/best interviewer of our time. No, not from 20 years ago, but today, for sure. He interviews A-list celebs all the time. Shit, he had Hillary Clinton on a few weeks ago, imagine that. And she actually came off well received. So he does have some magic still. He could get Ed to talk and feel comfortable imo. Not to mention I believe 35 million listeners.  
    I think we have different ideas of A-list celebrities if Hillary Clinton is on your list.  Maybe if he interviewed her in 2016 before the election.  But in 2019... not so much.  
    Most A listers stop by and do Howard these days. Robert Downey Jr, Seth Rogan, Jennifer Aniston, Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, McCartney, Billie Eilish...need more?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    Brisk. said:
    how sure are we NYC is getting a show on 3/30?
    I was just about to ask this - it's the only date I'm eyeing up currently

.That NYC date has been solid on the forum for weeks, and IIRC more than one reliable source.

NYC is typically the most expensive most difficult ticket. I’m expecting odds of two percent and resale prices well north of $500. Same probably  for Baltimore 

A few Europe arena shows had face value tickets available  as of a few days ago, if that’s an option.
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    Brisk. said:
    how sure are we NYC is getting a show on 3/30?
    I was just about to ask this - it's the only date I'm eyeing up currently

.That NYC date has been solid on the forum for weeks, and IIRC more than one reliable source.

NYC is typically the most expensive most difficult ticket. I’m expecting odds of two percent and resale prices well north of $500. Same probably  for Baltimore 

A few Europe arena shows had face value tickets available  as of a few days ago, if that’s an option.
    Is for any seat in the arena or GA tixs? 
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    GA are 10c only and shouldn’t be available on secondary market. People can sell there plus one for cost or trade. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Imagine PJ doing a 4 night run at MSG for new years ala Phish. I’m not sure they have it in them these days, but would be awesome indeed.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    Ilovepj47 said:
    myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.
    Before or after Howard called Eddie a dick?

https://youtu.be/AQbBFVMEf6s

Howard is jealous. He wishes he could be 1% the man eddie is. 
    I wish 1% of the people on Earth could grow over the course of their lifetimes the way Howard Stern has. 
    Stern is still in the 1 percent of giant douches in the country. Saw him on Bill Maher a few months ago and was still an unlikeable guy. I can’t see anyone with the band wanting any part of him
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,953
    edited January 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    on2legs said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing? ah, ya, just a little, haha. Probably the biggest/best interviewer of our time. No, not from 20 years ago, but today, for sure. He interviews A-list celebs all the time. Shit, he had Hillary Clinton on a few weeks ago, imagine that. And she actually came off well received. So he does have some magic still. He could get Ed to talk and feel comfortable imo. Not to mention I believe 35 million listeners.  
    I think we have different ideas of A-list celebrities if Hillary Clinton is on your list.  Maybe if he interviewed her in 2016 before the election.  But in 2019... not so much.  
    Most A listers stop by and do Howard these days. Robert Downey Jr, Seth Rogan, Jennifer Aniston, Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, McCartney, Billie Eilish...need more?
    I was only working with what was given to me. I doubt Hillary is on anyone’s A-list.  Especially 3 years after she blew an election that should have been a cake walk.  

My question though was legitimate.  I haven’t listened to Stern since he left FM radio.  So I had no idea what he’s up to.  I tried the free trial of Sirius in the car but I wasn’t overwhelmed by it.  I prefer steaming music or using an iPod.  I also had a 5 minute commute to work so it was not really worth it. Especially with getting Tidal for free through sprint.  But anyway...

I can’t see Ed ever appearing on Stern, especially to promote Pear Jam.  If anything he would have done it to promote his own stuff or Ohana. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Sooo should we post tour stuff in the “is Howard stern still relevant?” Thread?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    When I was listening to Stern years ago I thought he mentioned that he wanted to book Eddie but was offered Stone and turned it down. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,953
    Sooo should we post tour stuff in the “is Howard stern still relevant?” Thread?
    Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Howard has evolved so much it an inspiration for a douche like me. His interviews are top notch and I find myself caring about or liking someone just from the interview he gets. I think he would love to have PJ on. He is so much smarter of a personality and isn’t there for the shock of an interview. The best stuff comes naturally and he knows that. His research team is top of the game. Ed seems to have chilled also so now would be a perfect time. I’ll have to renew my SiriusXM if this happens for sure. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • link93 said:
    GA are 10c only and shouldn’t be available on secondary market. People can sell there plus one for cost or trade
    But they always end up on the secondary market, there were GA Tix for Wrigley in 2018 on StubHub
    link93 said:
    GA are 10c only and shouldn’t be available on secondary market. People can sell there plus one for cost or trade
    But they always end up on the secondary market, there were GA Tix for Wrigley in 2018 on StubHub

For PJ shows I’ve needed to buy on secondaries (after missing out on lottery), typically very few 10c / GA end up for resale, which is by design.

Since  I’m not connected to the industry, my only choices are winning the low odds lottery or shelling out for whatever is available on the stub hubs.
    Howard has evolved so much it an inspiration for a douche like me. His interviews are top notch and I find myself caring about or liking someone just from the interview he gets. I think he would love to have PJ on. He is so much smarter of a personality and isn’t there for the shock of an interview. The best stuff comes naturally and he knows that. His research team is top of the game. Ed seems to have chilled also so now would be a perfect time. I’ll have to renew my SiriusXM if this happens for sure. 

Howard is a talented interviewer but I’m not so sure Ed wants to do a long heart to heart solo interview and have the focus on him right as their first album in seven years is released. 

At this point I think they’d be interested in maximizing the bands visibility with a chance at reaching the younger demos, which ain’t easy. If SNL is unlikely since 3/28 was hinted as the Balt show, I am guessing a network appearance on a Colbert type show would be preferable.
  • Howard would be awesome! He would find out about our missing singles.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited January 2020
    Sooo should we post tour stuff in the “is Howard stern still relevant?” Thread?
    Lol. I was thinking instead of a city/date hint recap, someone should recap all the tangents this thread has had. 

1. Is NYC all 5 boroughs or just Manhattan?
    2. Sourdough bread and pizza
    3. Relevance of Howard Stern 
    I know there’s a bunch more. 

Dimi usually gets it back back on track late at night (when it’s daytime in Greece) so hopefully I will wake up to some productive rumors. For what it’s worth, I don’t see PJ ever doing Stern. I think Stern’s past will hurt him, though Eddie is friends with Bill Maher and Sean Penn, so you never know...
  • Tick tock
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • motarmotar Posts: 141
    myoung321 said:
    I'd rather see Ed sit down for a couple of hours with Joe Rogan
    Joe Rogan?? Howard is hands down the best interviewer there is...PJ on the Stern show would be epic! Guaranteed we would hear stories that have never been told before
    Rogan over Stern at this point.  Id rather hear about the bands experiences with DMT over everyones girth.  But whatever floats your boat.
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    edited January 2020

Post edited by smak on