2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Definitely in for STL. Beyond that, maybe SD. Then more in the fall!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    JimmyV said:

8/22 at Fenway perhaps?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I just hope there’s a ton of dudes at the show I’m at
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

8/22 at Fenway perhaps?
    Fingers crossed. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 944
    Pretty sure the spring announcement will make reference to fall tour as well. Going from memory, that is how they handled 2016. 
    wbutler29 said:
    Pretty sure the spring announcement will make reference to fall tour as well. Going from memory, that is how they handled 2016. 
    If it's ballparks in the fall, probably yes. If it is another arena leg then we may not hear for a while. 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    I just hope there’s a ton of dudes at the show I’m at

Maybe they're playing a festival...Sausage Fest 2020.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    wbutler29 said:
    2013 was like that. Wrigley and London ON announced in January with a note of more to come. I hope that we get a nod like that if there is more this year. 
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

8/22 at Fenway perhaps?
    Fingers crossed. 
    21st and 23rd work a little better. If its the 22nd and 24th they are going back to back with Def Leppard. They have done that in the past but with both options open a day off makes sense for repairing the field.

That said there is no whispers or anything behind Fenway this late in the game which has me surprised if it does happen. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    100 Pacer said:
    CopperTom said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    What’s Baltimore like? Forgive my ignorance. 
    Inner Harbor area (where the arena and stadiums are) is nice. Avoid just about everywhere else. 
    Booked it my relatives live over 1hr away , I’d rather be nice and close to venue ..
    Hope to see you there buddy.
    I hope to see you too!
    Damn right Tom, which shows you thinking?
    I'm conflicted.  Baltimore and MSG are going to be tough, tough tickets.  But they are the close ones for me.  The drive to Ottawa is nearly a straight shot from Scranton, but the rumored date doesn't work so well for me.  Maybe I'll make to trip to California.  The lottery odds will guide my way.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Shhhhh - send everyone towards the Canada shows please! ;)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • For those going to Nashville, downtown hotels are grossly overpriced. I recommend the west end. 2-3 miles from arena. Great food and bars. Near 3rd man records. Much more affordable lodging. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    GB36023 said:
    For those going to Nashville, downtown hotels are grossly overpriced. I recommend the west end. 2-3 miles from arena. Great food and bars. Near 3rd man records. Much more affordable lodging. 
    Or look into airbnbs. I got one 10 minutes out of the city for less than 50 a night. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    GB36023 said:
    For those going to Nashville, downtown hotels are grossly overpriced. I recommend the west end. 2-3 miles from arena. Great food and bars. Near 3rd man records. Much more affordable lodging. 
    Good tip, thanks. 

• BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

• BB162610BB162610 Posts: 541
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

Is this Jason Kaplan?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    GB36023 said:
    Or look into airbnbs. I got one 10 minutes out of the city for less than 50 a night. 
    Air BNB have been known to cancel whenever they want and raise rates whenever they want...hotels at least can't do that
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    JimmyV said:
    New year, same board. 

The Strangest Tribe.
    edited January 2020
    GB36023 said:
    Air BNB have been known to cancel whenever they want and raise rates whenever they want...hotels at least can't do that
    Truth. I had 4 Airbnbs cancel on me in 2018 for the Fenway shows. They did come through though and give me a $500 credit. 
  • BB162610 said:

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    I just hope there’s a ton of dudes at the show I’m at
    Evenbros
    JimmyV said:
    New year, same board. 

The Strangest Tribe.
    A moniker that is well earned. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    Is Howard Stern still a thing?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SM187650SM187650 Posts: 771
    Anybody book a hotel for LA yet? Looking for some tips if you have any. Not sure where they will be playing... the forum or staples? Heard staples was booked up. Thanks. 
  • BB162610 said:
    BB162610 said:

Is this Jason Kaplan?
    Busted...
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited January 2020
    BB162610 said:
    Maybe if Howard's staff knew what band Ed played for? (see powerpoint)

Get "Eddie Vedder lead singer of Soundgarden" on show ??

https://youtu.be/krhV4XlVKgk?t=1676

-See 27 minute mark -

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    BB162610 said:

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    edited January 2020
    on2legs said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing?

Moreso than most anyone else on radio. O&A are gone. Jason Ellis was "the future" but whatever came of that? Who else is there?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    BB162610 said:

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.
    Before or after Howard called Eddie a dick?

https://youtu.be/AQbBFVMEf6s

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh