2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    ChloeCat said:
    How do you enter for lottery picks, once announced?

Don't stress. It will be easy and you will have plenty of time. 
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Brisk. said:
    how sure are we NYC is getting a show on 3/30?
    I was just about to ask this - it's the only date I'm eyeing up currently

.That NYC date has been solid on the forum for weeks, and IIRC more than one reliable source.

NYC is typically the most expensive most difficult ticket. I’m expecting odds of two percent and resale prices well north of $500. Same probably  for Baltimore 

A few Europe arena shows had face value tickets available  as of a few days ago, if that’s an option.
    Yeah I'm aware it's a hot ticket, might as well try and give it a punt anyway. It's just the flights are so cheap to NYC. Already doing Europe shows
      Happy New Year!! SpinTheLastExit, where are you finding cheap flights to NYC??? or where are you flying from to NYC??? I really want to do MSG - trying to pick places I haven't seen PJ in, but the flights to NYC from Tucson are $500 before I pick my seat! HELP Please...
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • jets521 said:
    Any more thoughts/rumors regarding MEMPHIS?

I moved here last year and have been bummed about the big-time acts avoiding us like the plague in order to hit Nashville. But optimistic based on they played here in 2014
    Live nation considers Memphis and Little Rock the same market and they own the arena in Little Rock and push tours there. Live here long enough and you’ll get used to the 2 hour flat horrible drive back through Arkansas after a show. 
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    jets521 said:
    Any more thoughts/rumors regarding MEMPHIS?

I moved here last year and have been bummed about the big-time acts avoiding us like the plague in order to hit Nashville. But optimistic based on they played here in 2014
    Live nation considers Memphis and Little Rock the same market and they own the arena in Little Rock and push tours there. Live here long enough and you’ll get used to the 2 hour flat horrible drive back through Arkansas after a show. 
    Ah interesting. Did not realize that.
    I'm ok traveling for a show, thats nothing new
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • stanudesstanudes Posts: 117

Baltimore sports radio personality.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,535
    edited January 2020
    bgirl59 said:
    Brisk. said:

.That NYC date has been solid on the forum for weeks, and IIRC more than one reliable source.

NYC is typically the most expensive most difficult ticket. I’m expecting odds of two percent and resale prices well north of $500. Same probably  for Baltimore 

A few Europe arena shows had face value tickets available  as of a few days ago, if that’s an option.
    Yeah I'm aware it's a hot ticket, might as well try and give it a punt anyway. It's just the flights are so cheap to NYC. Already doing Europe shows
      Happy New Year!! SpinTheLastExit, where are you finding cheap flights to NYC??? or where are you flying from to NYC??? I really want to do MSG - trying to pick places I haven't seen PJ in, but the flights to NYC from Tucson are $500 before I pick my seat! HELP Please...

My best guess is Spin is from Europe and NYC airports are the gateway to many North American flights from Europe that need to change planes at NY. It is unexpected to read that because everything around NY is crazy expensive, including PJ tix. If they are playing multiple Cali shows that might be your best bet for your first 10c pick since you’re in AZ. 

Remember if only 2 shows east of the Mississippi, that’s splitting hundreds of thousands of member numbers by two, and half of those member picks will be a first round pick.

If their are 5 Cali shows plus another west show in Vegas or somewhere else, that’s splitting the lottery into six different pots, and only a 17% chance that members are picking the Cali/west show you want to win tickets for as their first round pick (assuming each Cali show has comparable demand)

tl;dr - East coast real odds will be low, even for first round picks. Cali shows will have low odds, but much better chance that if your first pick is Cali you will win tickets.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    bgirl59 said:
    Brisk. said:

My best guess is Spin is from Europe and NYC airports are the gateway to many North American flights from Europe that need to change planes at NY. It is unexpected to read that because everything around NY is crazy expensive, including PJ tix. If they are playing multiple Cali shows that might be your best bet for your first 10c pick since you’re in AZ. 

Remember if only 2 shows east of the Mississippi, that’s splitting hundreds of thousands of member numbers by two, and half of those member picks will be a first round pick.

If their are 5 Cali shows plus another west show in Vegas or somewhere else, that’s splitting the lottery into six different pots, and only a 17% chance that members are picking the Cali/west show you want to win tickets for as their first round pick (assuming each Cali show has comparable demand)

tl;dr - East coast real odds will be low, even for first round picks. Cali shows will have low odds, but much better chance that if your first pick is Cali you will win tickets.

Hundreds of thousands of members are not all interested in the shows east of Mississippi.......not all members are even active. Plus if you want to go to NYC, put in for NYC.....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    stanudes said:

Baltimore sports radio personality.
    Nasty Nestor...remember him from his 15 minutes of national fame.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    Anyone coming to Nashville allow me to make an affordable hotel rec. look up in Goodlettsville. 12 miles from Broadway. Several brand new hotels mostly priced between $80-$150/night.  Hampton, Candlewood, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites all built within the past year. The LaQuinta is recently remodeled and quite nice. 
    Stay AWAY from hotels on Trinity Lane, Skyline Drive, Dickerson Road. All are very sketch. Same for Murfreesboro Road/Pike and anything in Antioch. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I'm starting to think it will be the 13th, with a reminder in the newsletter to ensure your membership is up to date
    This seems likely. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    If it was only Boston getting skipped, I could see it being because they just played four Fenway shows in three years. But no Boston, no Hartford, no Philadelphia and only one show in NYC? Gotta think something big is planned for the fall.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    TA243471 said:
    My wife just got #703***
    wow...my 427K doesn't look so bad
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    TA243471 said:
    My wife just got #703***
    wow...my 427K doesn't look so bad
    I used to be so upset I let my 93xx number lapse and was stuck with a shitty 218xxx number. Now my number is gold . 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Bonnaroo lineup announcement TUE 1/7...the day after a possible 1/6 PJ tour announcement...hmmm
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    edited January 2020
    Anyone know if they used the digital ticket system with this year's Euro tour like they did with the Home/Away tour? Wondering if it worked out and they will continue that way or go back to day of pickups at the box office. 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Anyone know if they used the digital ticket system with this year's Euro tour like they did with the Home/Away tour? Wondering if it worked out and they will continue that way or go back to day of pickups at the box office. 

They did not. Every tour has been hard tickets except the 2018 stadiums. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    dmbolp said:
    Bonnaroo lineup announcement TUE 1/7...the day after a possible 1/6 PJ tour announcement...hmmm
    Bonnaroo is the reason Nashville and Atlanta lost shows in 2016... I highly highly doubt that happens again with Nashville already confirmed for the spring 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    I’m still thinking we get an announcement on the 6th or 7th with the lottery starting that day  and the general public on sale on the 13th

If not then, the 10th is a great time for an official reminder.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    ChloeCat said:

There will be details in the email. Process is, from your ten club account, select the tickets link, then you pick the shows you want tickets for. You rank them in priority order. You can change this at any point up until the entry period ends.

Note: you can win multiple shows, so only enter for as many shows as you are comfortable paying for. 

Second note: If you put in for six shows, you could win all six shows. If you do, your card is charged. No refunds, no exchanges, no exceptions.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    edited January 2020
    ChloeCat said:

There will be details in the email. Process is, from your ten club account, select the tickets link, then you pick the shows you want tickets for. You rank them in priority order. You can change this at any point up until the entry period ends.

Note: you can win multiple shows, so only enter for as many shows as you are comfortable paying for. 

Second note: If you put in for six shows, you could win all six shows. If you do, your card is charged. No refunds, no exchanges, no exceptions.
    They should really make you take a multiple choice quiz before you can submit your entry.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    It's sad how many people can't read the directions and make mistakes and get things they didn't want....
  • Oh yeah there’ll be a lot of threads with confusion 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Oh yeah there’ll be a lot of threads with confusion 
    Confusion 
    About what?
    Wait what tour?
    How can I be on the rail with the jamily in front of Eddie?
  • cardosocardoso Posts: 1,507
    So, how are the dates rumors until now?
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  Indianapolis, USA 27.08.2024
    It's sad how many people can't read the directions and make mistakes and get things they didn't want....
    And screw over fans who desperately wanted those tickets.

• bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    JimmyV said:
    If it was only Boston getting skipped, I could see it being because they just played four Fenway shows in three years. But no Boston, no Hartford, no Philadelphia and only one show in NYC? Gotta think something big is planned for the fall.
     JimmyV,  it would be nice to know NOW, if I can skip NYC because there will be a fall show in Philly.....when will we know about any fall shows? or is it somewhere in the 168 pages above?? :rofl:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • bgirl59 said:
    JimmyV said:
     JimmyV,  it would be nice to know NOW, if I can skip NYC because there will be a fall show in Philly.....when will we know about any fall shows? or is it somewhere in the 168 pages above?? :rofl:

There has yet to be anything solid concerning N.A. in the fall. Just those who feel like they have to play New England and Philly in the fall.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    bgirl59 said:
    JimmyV said:

There has yet to be anything solid concerning N.A. in the fall. Just those who feel like they have to play New England and Philly in the fall.
    I wouldn't say they have to do anything. It's just that, given their history, not doing so would be strange. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Oh yeah there’ll be a lot of threads with confusion 
    Confusion 
    About what?
    Wait what tour?
    How can I be on the rail with the jamily in front of Eddie?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSAtGOX3wY
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Looking for hotel recommendations in Oakland, good areas, areas to avoid, etc