2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    SM187650 said:
    Anybody book a hotel for LA yet? Looking for some tips if you have any. Not sure where they will be playing... the forum or staples? Heard staples was booked up. Thanks. 
    sent you message

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,952
    DEGBTI said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing? ah, ya, just a little, haha. Probably the biggest/best interviewer of our time. No, not from 20 years ago, but today, for sure. He interviews A-list celebs all the time. Shit, he had Hillary Clinton on a few weeks ago, imagine that. And she actually came off well received. So he does have some magic still. He could get Ed to talk and feel comfortable imo. Not to mention I believe 35 million listeners.  
    I think we have different ideas of A-list celebrities if Hillary Clinton is on your list.  Maybe if he interviewed her in 2016 before the election.  But in 2019... not so much.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    What is the rumored venue in STL?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    mfc2006 said:
    Probably the arena the Blues play at? I’m guessing. 
  • bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, Enterprise Center
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    on2legs said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing?
    Yes. A very big thing 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Fun show there in 2014.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 
    I thought every MSG show was/is considered  the best one ever?

I saw Albuquerque as a guess, along with North Charleston SC, for the missing city. Any other guesses? 
    Out of the ten shows I think only 2 are considered really special.  Not to say the others aren’t great but there are two that people routinely single out as among the best. 
    I think three are special:
    night 2, 98
    night 1, 03
    night 2, 10
    And we all think you are special. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Fun show there in 2014.
    Yeah that was a great night. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 
    I thought every MSG show was/is considered  the best one ever?

I saw Albuquerque as a guess, along with North Charleston SC, for the missing city. Any other guesses? 
    Out of the ten shows I think only 2 are considered really special.  Not to say the others aren’t great but there are two that people routinely single out as among the best. 
    I think three are special:
    night 2, 98
    night 1, 03
    night 2, 10
    And we all think you are special. 
    I really appreciate this. Thank you.  
  • The European tour dates were essentially confirmed prior to the announcement, right? I mean, enough where folks could book some things.

I have a feeling we'll get a more solid confirmation here prior to the official announcement. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    how sure are we NYC is getting a show on 3/30?
  • Brisk. said:
    I was just about to ask this - it's the only date I'm eyeing up currently
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
    Brisk. said:
    It all depends whether or not the knicks get home court in the playoffs.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    😂😂😂 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    I think AirBnb is still reliable.  Just limit yourself to ones that have 70-80+ 5 star reviews and are AirBnb “verified”
    That’s what I do.  Only book with a super host. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • If Pearl Jam does the Stern Show, it would have to be a Town Hall type of show to do it justice, ala Billy Joel.  I think Stern is a big enough fan that he can pull it off and sound reasonably knowledgeable.  I do remember some funny banter when Pearl Jam covered Love Reign O'er Me and Artie, Robin and Howard were weighing in whether they liked it or not.  There is a concert connection in that the guy who put together the Atlanta 94 radio broadcast that Eddie thanked whose name escapes me has been mentioned by Howard and Gary on the show as a friend of the program, so there's that connection.  I have a feeling Gary and Kelly Curtis have talked before.  Not out of the realm of possibility but I am not sure if Eddie is a Stern Show fan or not.
  • Ilovepj47Ilovepj47 Posts: 48
    edited January 2020
    myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.
    Before or after Howard called Eddie a dick?

Post edited by Ilovepj47 on
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Brisk. said:

Brisk. said:
    unless things change for some unforeseen circumstances , I am very confident of a nyc show on 3/30. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    😂😂😂 
    :)
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Ilovepj47 said:
    myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.

https://youtu.be/AQbBFVMEf6s

Howard is jealous. He wishes he could be 1% the man eddie is. 
    Lol 
  • Ilovepj47 said:
    myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:

I wish 1% of the people on Earth could grow over the course of their lifetimes the way Howard Stern has. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    Ilovepj47 said:
    myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:

I wish 1% of the people on Earth could grow over the course of their lifetimes the way Howard Stern has. 
    This...I may not have liked him in the past but his evolution has been admirable. Plus he and his wife do so much for rescue cats
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    myoung321 said:
    I'd rather see Ed sit down for a couple of hours with Joe Rogan
    Ugh. The conspiracy theorist guy?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Chances of an announcement tomorrow?
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Chances of an announcement tomorrow?
    Better chance for Friday than tomorrow, IMO (which means nothing).
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Countdown starts tomorrow. LETS GO!
  • This website is saying Pearl Jam in Long Beach, California on 03/28/2020.  I wish this were true considering the ticket prices, not that I could make it out there anyways.  But what happened to the days of online ticket vendors prematurely leaking dates before the tour was announced?

https://www.wegow.com/en-us/nr/concerts/pearl-jam-concert-in-long-beach-gaslamp-restaurant-bar
    This website is saying Pearl Jam in Long Beach, California on 03/28/2020.  I wish this were true considering the ticket prices, not that I could make it out there anyways.  But what happened to the days of online ticket vendors prematurely leaking dates before the tour was announced?

https://www.wegow.com/en-us/nr/concerts/pearl-jam-concert-in-long-beach-gaslamp-restaurant-bar
    Pj is now playing bars for $26?! Sign me up!!
  • I think they forgot the word tribute in the band name