2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• myoung321 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    Maybe if Howard's staff knew what band Ed played for? (see powerpoint)

Get "Eddie Vedder lead singer of Soundgarden" on show ??

https://youtu.be/krhV4XlVKgk?t=1676

-See 27 minute mark -

It says "show Eddie the lead singer from Soundgarden on our show". Pretty sure he means to show Ed video of Chris Cornell on the show. Doubt they'll ever do Stern though anyway. 
  • BB162610 said:
    Anyone consider that the mystery NYC appearance/show could be Stern?  Seems unlikely, but they did more promotion with LB than they had in the past. 
    Stern has tried to get them many times in the past, it's been talked about on the live show. It sounds like it will never happen.
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

Not recently. I remember hearing Gary talk about it though.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I'd rather see Ed sit down for a couple of hours with Joe Rogan
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• myoung321 said:
    Joe Rogan?? Howard is hands down the best interviewer there is...PJ on the Stern show would be epic! Guaranteed we would hear stories that have never been told before
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    GB36023 said:
    For those going to Nashville, downtown hotels are grossly overpriced. I recommend the west end. 2-3 miles from arena. Great food and bars. Near 3rd man records. Much more affordable lodging. 
    Or look into airbnbs. I got one 10 minutes out of the city for less than 50 a night. 
    Air BNB have been known to cancel whenever they want and raise rates whenever they want...hotels at least can't do that
    Airbnb canceled on me for the Newport Folk Fest last year. Happened to a friend 2 years before. I don't bother anymore - don't feel like sweating my lodging right up to the event.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Mine was cancelled 2 weeks prior to the Miami and FLL 2016 shows.  Sucked big time.  Saw it listed at double the price after it was cancelled too.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Trying my luck. Would rather try to save and then scramble instead of paying big up front honestly. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    I think AirBnb is still reliable.  Just limit yourself to ones that have 70-80+ 5 star reviews and are AirBnb “verified”
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • edited January 2020
    on2legs said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing?
    Some of his celebrity interviews are great. I’ve been listening to his channel on the way to work. He is probably the greatest interviewer going and the most honest and real
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    I think AirBnb is still reliable.  Just limit yourself to ones that have 70-80+ 5 star reviews and are AirBnb “verified”
    Yep. I look for super hosts when I use it. I will take my chances. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    on2legs said:
    Is Howard Stern still a thing?
    Some of his celebrity interviews are great. I’ve been listening to his channel on the way to work. He is probably the greatest interviewer going and the most honest and real
    Couldn’t agree more.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Wonder if the band would do Letterman’s Netflix show?

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 
    I thought every MSG show was/is considered  the best one ever?

I saw Albuquerque as a guess, along with North Charleston SC, for the missing city. Any other guesses? 
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Welp, just got the green light from the Wife about Baltimore weekend. Booked a hotel free cancellation, pretty cheap right now.

(hope the date is accurate)
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 

I saw Albuquerque as a guess, along with North Charleston SC, for the missing city. Any other guesses? 
    There has definitely been some "ok" shows at msg.  2008 comes to mind.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    BB162610 said:
    When did you hear this? I’ve listened to Stern for 25 years and never heard a mention of trying to get PJ in the studio

There was a video over the summer that came out of Howard doing a PowerPoint presentation for his staff and there’s a whole part about how he can’t get Ed to come in. 

Circa 2004, Howard wanted Eddie to come in to bash George Bush. Band management was going to send someone else, but Howard (and company) didn't feel like the rest of the band was as well-known. They went back and forth for a bit, but the deal fell through.
    I seem to remember a note to the show from Jeff about "keeping up the good fight" with regards to the FCC or something along those lines, but could be way off
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:

Out of the ten shows I think only 2 are considered really special.  Not to say the others aren’t great but there are two that people routinely single out as among the best. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

I’m excited for the Baltimore show.  Easy drive and a weekend date make it so much better for planning purposes.  I had front row seats on the side of the stage for the show in 2013... had a blast. =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    on2legs said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:

Out of the ten shows I think only 2 are considered really special.  Not to say the others aren’t great but there are two that people routinely single out as among the best. 
    I think three are special:
    night 2, 98
    night 1, 03
    night 2, 10
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legs said:
    I’m excited for the Baltimore show.  Easy drive and a weekend date make it so much better for planning purposes.  I had front row seats on the side of the stage for the show in 2013... had a blast. =)
    Might need to start spinning up some alter egos in order to create more 10 club accounts. I’m after that coveted Baltimore ticket  :s
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:

I think three are special:
    night 2, 98
    night 1, 03
    night 2, 10
    Agreed... night one in 2003 was really good too!

on2legs said:
    Might need to start spinning up some alter egos in order to create more 10 club accounts. I’m after that coveted Baltimore ticket  :s
    I have a ticket buddy and we both put in... hopefully we get it.  If not... I’ll try to grab a spare from someone.  Not going to worry too much about the lottery.  It is what it is. Just glad to have a chance to get great tickets at non scalper prices.  

• on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I have a ticket buddy and we both put in... hopefully we get it.  If not... I’ll try to grab a spare from someone.  Not going to worry too much about the lottery.  It is what it is. Just glad to have a chance to get great tickets at non scalper prices.  
    Yeah, no doubt. We’ll enter both mine and wife’s. I’m in the same boat as you, it is what it is. Just the anticipation. Super stoked for another tour  =)
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Haha, only need 1 ticket for Baltimore. Any need a ticket buddy😁
  • I saw a few (maybe thousand) pages ago that someone had mentioned that another “get yer memberships up to date” message would need to come before the tour announcement. Do we think they would do another one before this announcement even though they just did for Europe a couple weeks ago? I don’t recall how it’s worked in the past. 
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    What is the year of the Hartford show that everyone raves about?
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    myoung321 said:
    Joe Rogan?? Howard is hands down the best interviewer there is...PJ on the Stern show would be epic! Guaranteed we would hear stories that have never been told before
    Ron Bennington > Howard Stern
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JM144705 said:
    2013, 2010, 2008...Hartford kinda went on a run. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    JM144705 said:
    2008 was the best Hartford show in my opinion.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    Is Howard Stern still a thing? ah, ya, just a little, haha. Probably the biggest/best interviewer of our time. No, not from 20 years ago, but today, for sure. He interviews A-list celebs all the time. Shit, he had Hillary Clinton on a few weeks ago, imagine that. And she actually came off well received. So he does have some magic still. He could get Ed to talk and feel comfortable imo. Not to mention I believe 35 million listeners.