Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    WTF is a Sirius XM Show???
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,037
    Channel 22
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Channel 22
    So no audience. Just a show played on their Sirius station. 
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What’s the rumored San Diego date?
    4/13...or later 
    so the week I have off.  Interesting.
    THE week you have off? As in singular? You're scheduled number of weeks off allows for nearly the same odds as betting red/black on a roulette wheel...with the green spots being the equivalent to snow make up days. Nonetheless, thanks for teaching America's youth, even though you are overpaid. Not teachers in general, just you. =)

Hey fuckers! Just read all 130+ pages of this thread, luckily! Can't believe I almost got blindsided on an announcement. 
    How on earth did you manage to miss this thread?! 😂
    He doesn’t read well ;)
    He doesn’t read *good
    Something can taste good but you do something well. He still doesn’t read well. :)

This made me lololol 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ekim997ekim997 Pennsylvania Posts: 107
    edited December 2019
    If they do something like Phish just did, it will be a show in a small venue and the only way to get tickets is to win them via Sirius XM
  • Options
    ekim997 said:
    If they do something like Phish just did, it will be a show in a small venue and the only way to get tickets is to win them via Sirius XM
    Thanks
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    bid ed won the phish show
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    edited December 2019
    ekim997 said:

Keeping in mind that a lot of seats go to SiriusXM personalities and VIPs.

But still, it's an intimate venue and a fabulous time. I'm not sure of any venues they'd use (if it happens) but I know they've used The Apollo (in Harlem) in the past.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    I wonder since there's no Philly scheduled show if that's where the Sirius XM show would be. Phish did their show at The Met in Philly so... maybe?!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    ekim997 said:

But still, it's an intimate venue and a fabulous time. I'm not sure of any venues they'd use (if it happens) but I know they've used The Apollo (in Harlem) in the past.
    My god...that’s a 1500 person venue. Sounds like very few, if any, of us mere mortals are getting in (if it’s there). 
  • Options
    I doubt it would be acoustic. It would be how they play a lot of their new album.  Similar to Letterman. 

Dimi confirmed it is not the Ryman. Could be something like Radio City or in Seattle to close the tour. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Ryman would have been perfect.  
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    I doubt it would be acoustic. It would be how they play a lot of their new album.  Similar to Letterman. 

Dimi confirmed it is not the Ryman. Could be something like Radio City or in Seattle to close the tour. 
    Dimi also said Seattle wouldn’t be the last show of the tour 

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    LA Forum open between Billie Eilish and The Eagles..bascially after 4/7 to before Eagles show on 4/17. 
    What about weekend of 4/10-12? 
    Pretty much needs to be The Forum due to Lakers & Clippers games at Staples.  Only April 6 & 10 are open at Staples.

Could possibly be one Staples, one Honda Center.
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    I saw the show that U2 did last year at The Apollo for Sirius XM.  It is indeed intimate!  One of the best shows I've seen.
    PJ at a venue like that would also be great.

Lost In Ohio said:
    ekim997 said:

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What’s the rumored San Diego date?
    4/13...or later 
    so the week I have off.  Interesting.
    THE week you have off? As in singular? You're scheduled number of weeks off allows for nearly the same odds as betting red/black on a roulette wheel...with the green spots being the equivalent to snow make up days. Nonetheless, thanks for teaching America's youth, even though you are overpaid. Not teachers in general, just you. =)

Hey fuckers! Just read all 130+ pages of this thread, luckily! Can't believe I almost got blindsided on an announcement. 
    How on earth did you manage to miss this thread?! 😂
    I saw it at first, and there wasn't much happening. Nor did I expect much to happen after the insanity that turned out to be the European tour thread. Not a snowball's chance in hell did I anticipate any legitimate rumors to fly between the European announcement and Christmas. So, I stick to the AET and AMT mostly.  :|

Hey, how did you miss this band the last 29 years?!?! :rofl:
    Touché ;) I‘ll do my best to catch up though on the next tour
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    what is the speculated Seattle date and what venue?
    I've always wanted to go to Seattle! 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Melzombie said:
    what is the speculated Seattle date and what venue?
    I've always wanted to go to Seattle! 
    There hasn’t been much from dimi (or at all really) about Seattle...  i don’t think there will be a Seattle area show in spring because the most logical venue for that time of year (key arena) is under going massive renovations.  They could do tmobile park again but I think fall for Seattle if that’s the case 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,509
    smak said:
    LA Forum open between Billie Eilish and The Eagles..bascially after 4/7 to before Eagles show on 4/17. 
    What about weekend of 4/10-12? 
    Pretty much needs to be The Forum due to Lakers & Clippers games at Staples.  Only April 6 & 10 are open at Staples.

Could possibly be one Staples, one Honda Center.
    No way in hell they'll play Staples when they used to LOVE the Sports Arena, Staples is the evil opposite of Sports Arena (RIP). Forum is a sister venue to MSG, and the sound in there is fantastic! Staples sucks big time. 
    I have been hoping that Anaheim indeed gets a show....that would be another place I don't need a hotel...Home of my ANAHEIM DUCKS!! 
  • Options
    Forum on April 14th and 15th maybe?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,224
    sebasti said:
    I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 

With a number like that, do not trust the reserved seats. Last tour on East coast, all they had were reserved seats, so if you procrastinated for  25 years like me and have a higher number, you had zero options. The seats were among the worst I ever had for a concert (well...at least it was for an amazing band), fully obstructed, and I paid the exact same price as the best seats in the house. The worst, is you get zero information of seat location at time of purchase, which is why I did not join back in the 90s.

(Edit, you could have won the front two rows lottery, but that is a very low percentage, and it’s completely unknown at time of purchase and is not something you could make an informed decision about)

?????

The 2016 tour had GA tickets, except for Fenway which had the random lotto for rows 1, 2, 9 and 10.

East coast.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,509
    Forum on April 14th and 15th maybe?
    OK, but then SD after the 13th and Phoenix probably on th 8th.....what do you envision between PHX and LA?

• Options
    sebasti said:
    I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 

With a number like that, do not trust the reserved seats. Last tour on East coast, all they had were reserved seats, so if you procrastinated for  25 years like me and have a higher number, you had zero options. The seats were among the worst I ever had for a concert (well...at least it was for an amazing band), fully obstructed, and I paid the exact same price as the best seats in the house. The worst, is you get zero information of seat location at time of purchase, which is why I did not join back in the 90s.

(Edit, you could have won the front two rows lottery, but that is a very low percentage, and it’s completely unknown at time of purchase and is not something you could make an informed decision about)
    Funny I joined April 93 and for any reserved seating shows my seats were always in the 1st three rows as a matter of fact I got 1st row at both MSG shows in 03 , so you miscalculated by not joining then ...

No $hit, Jose,
    But that dude was dumb and in his 20s so I can forgive him.

BTW PJ is the only band I know of that has such a restrictive  distribution of reserved seats, so I’m not sure how much evidence was available, especially back then to make that “calculation.” I’m here for the GA lotto. And your AMT comments.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    With regards to reserved seating and where you are going to be every venue is different. Lerxst1992 was talking about Fenway and that does not apply to arenas obviously. Some venues get some fantastic seats and others not so much. Look at the complaints for MSG for example in 2016. It looked like plenty of VIP and Ticketmaster tickets got better spots than a lot of low number member numbers and the high number members where way in the back in the lower bowl across from the stage. Not the worse seats in the house but if you would rather spend some $$$ to get a better seat on some scalper site if you strike out with GA that is probably the way to go. 

Reserved seats with high numbers is a gamble and if you would rather the peace of mind of having a secure ticket over fighting the bots and the second hand market then go for it. Just do not complain imo when your seats are shit. 

That’s surprising about msg 2016, when you say VIP you are referring to the music industry insiders, etc? I do not recall PJ having any platinum or vip categories of tickets?

I do recall there was almost nothing on stub hub msg 2016 on the floor nor in the lower bowl wings. Behind and side stage there was a decent selection of very high priced reseller options do Ticketmaster tickets.

I’d just assumed no great seats on stub hub because  those were all 10c seats (msg season ticket holders would be inclined to flip for a profit)?
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,165
    How easy are the US and Canada shows to get tickets to? Are they similar to Europe where you usually get one or two from 10c and the rest from either other 10c members or the general sale? Just debating a Canada or NY/Baltimore trip.
  • Options
    drfox said:
    How easy are the US and Canada shows to get tickets to? Are they similar to Europe where you usually get one or two from 10c and the rest from either other 10c members or the general sale? Just debating a Canada or NY/Baltimore trip.

Since there are rumors of only 2 East coast shows, and only one in nyc with lots of tickets there going to music industry insiders, and Balt is a tiny arena, odds will probably be close to 1% and resale prices in the stratosphere.

probably cheaper to buy a plane ticket to Europe and buy some of those face value tickets still on sale.
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    US will be a completely different level than Europe. Very few shows and years since doing arena shows = limited odds at most of the shows. 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,165
    Thanks both, I thought it may be popular. Arenas here in UK and also in places like Holland sell out really quick as well. Will see. May just add a few more dates to my Euro tour but was really keen to see a MSG NY show.
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    You can always put in for the lottery for MSG and you may be one of the lucky ones. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    @dimitrispearljam any new hints about the SiriusXM show?

hmmmm... tina fey, 30Rock, Radio City perhaps?
    Or maybe I'm just looking way into this. lol
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?