Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    @dimitrispearljam any new hints about the SiriusXM show?
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    edited December 2019
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Breaking news from Alternative Nation... quoting this thread.  Some outstanding journalism right there.  

And you give shady clickbait sites attention because...
    Because I didn’t want to post the link.  

Just don't do it. Don't give them any visits, any attention, anything. Everyone knows what happens on that site...there's absolutely nothing good that comes from visiting there, screenshotting it, anything. You're just giving him money to continue his scheme.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    sebasti said:
    I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 

With a number like that, do not trust the reserved seats. Last tour on East coast, all they had were reserved seats, so if you procrastinated for  25 years like me and have a higher number, you had zero options. The seats were among the worst I ever had for a concert (well...at least it was for an amazing band), fully obstructed, and I paid the exact same price as the best seats in the house. The worst, is you get zero information of seat location at time of purchase, which is why I did not join back in the 90s.

(Edit, you could have won the front two rows lottery, but that is a very low percentage, and it’s completely unknown at time of purchase and is not something you could make an informed decision about)

?????

The 2016 tour had GA tickets, except for Fenway which had the random lotto for rows 1, 2, 9 and 10.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Ouch. Makes me a little worried for reserved seats.  Im in the 480,000s i think when it comes to 10c numbers.  Let that thing expire a few times in the 90s and 00s.  Have people received 300 level seating?  Obviously being in the building is success in itself.  I just always had like 5th row seats for the No Code - Riot Act shows.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,448
    sebasti said:
    I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 

With a number like that, do not trust the reserved seats. Last tour on East coast, all they had were reserved seats, so if you procrastinated for  25 years like me and have a higher number, you had zero options. The seats were among the worst I ever had for a concert (well...at least it was for an amazing band), fully obstructed, and I paid the exact same price as the best seats in the house. The worst, is you get zero information of seat location at time of purchase, which is why I did not join back in the 90s.

(Edit, you could have won the front two rows lottery, but that is a very low percentage, and it’s completely unknown at time of purchase and is not something you could make an informed decision about)
    Funny I joined April 93 and for any reserved seating shows my seats were always in the 1st three rows as a matter of fact I got 1st row at both MSG shows in 03 , so you miscalculated by not joining then ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    RS151862 said:
    sebasti said:
    I stand in the back of GA every time. More room, no nonsense and you’re still closer than 95% of the people. 
    If you walk in at 7 you could stand 5-7 rows back on Stones side
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,403
    sebasti said:

Funny I joined April 93 and for any reserved seating shows my seats were always in the 1st three rows as a matter of fact I got 1st row at both MSG shows in 03 , so you miscalculated by not joining then ...
    Even back in the 90s, weren't they touting the best seats in the house? When I joined in 94 it was specifically to get 10C tickets. Before seniority seating, I still sat 12th row in 96. Stubbornness around knowing the exact seat location would really bite ya in the ass in this case. Going with the flow was definitely the right move.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373
    sebasti said:

Yeah if someone decided not to join in the 90's because they wouldn't know their seat locations it was a huge misstep since just securing tickets was pretty difficult in a lot of markets back then.
    I never got front row, but got 2nd row several times and always have hade excellent seats. And I joined not knowing/caring about 10club ticketing, but it has definitely been the best investment I've made as a music fan in terms of return (hell it was 5 bucks a year back then). Will always renew until the day the band officially calls it quits.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    sebasti said:

Even back in the 90s, weren't they touting the best seats in the house? 
    They always said that 10C seats would be better than even the seats the band gave to their guests. So yeah they've always had the best seats and made it known. Some venues they may not have had all the best seats (season ticket holders getting their seats guaranteed for example, I know this came into play at the Meadows/Xfinity theatre in Hartford for example), but still had most of them at least.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,564
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Breaking news from Alternative Nation... quoting this thread.  Some outstanding journalism right there.  

And you give shady clickbait sites attention because...
    Because I didn’t want to post the link.  

Just don't do it. Don't give them any visits, any attention, anything. Everyone knows what happens on that site...there's absolutely nothing good that comes from visiting there, screenshotting it, anything. You're just giving him money to continue his scheme.
    Hey... if it bugs you that much just skip the post next time.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,509
    edited December 2019
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Anyone know the closest hotel to the viejas arena and the forum, ty🤙
    Have you ever used Hotels.com or ANY hotel site? All you have to do is search for hotels closest to what you want. As I mentioned earlier there is no need to get close to SDSU as the green line trolley goes from Mission Valley / HOTEL CIRCLE (hint hint) right to the arena. If you want to be closer there isn't much.....The Forum in INglewood hotels are basically crappy but you use Century Blvd (LAX) hotels for proximity. 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Dimi can you please please drop one date for a Cali show?? We need help getting our plans in line and west coast shows seem to be harder to line up right now!  Thank you!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    sebasti said:
    So Denver is my only shot at a show this leg.  I’m hoping that it’s not 4/6 because I have zero ability to leave work until 5pm that day. How certain are we of that date? 
    My brother-in-law works for KSE who owns Pepsi Center.  He was over for Christmas so of course I had to ask if he had any info.  He said that I shouldn't make any other plans for Monday, April 6th.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,037
    sebasti said:
    So Denver is my only shot at a show this leg.  I’m hoping that it’s not 4/6 because I have zero ability to leave work until 5pm that day. How certain are we of that date? 
    My brother-in-law works for KSE who owns Pepsi Center.  He was over for Christmas so of course I had to ask if he had any info.  He said that I shouldn't make any other plans for Monday, April 6th.
    So Phoenix is probably wed 4/8.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,323
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
    This sets us up beautifully for a weekend road trip to SD or LA! Hooray
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Poncier said:
    sebasti said:

Yeah if someone decided not to join in the 90's because they wouldn't know their seat locations it was a huge misstep since just securing tickets was pretty difficult in a lot of markets back then.
    I never got front row, but got 2nd row several times and always have hade excellent seats. And I joined not knowing/caring about 10club ticketing, but it has definitely been the best investment I've made as a music fan in terms of return (hell it was 5 bucks a year back then). Will always renew until the day the band officially calls it quits.
    It wasn’t it all GA back in the 90s?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Dimi can you please please drop one date for a Cali show?? We need help getting our plans in line and west coast shows seem to be harder to line up right now!  Thank you!!
    He won’t drop a date - you have to ask some sort of date range question and you might get a yes/no.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,037
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
    Monday, Denver, Thursday Phoenix...what is in between those two shows?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    With regards to reserved seating and where you are going to be every venue is different. Lerxst1992 was talking about Fenway and that does not apply to arenas obviously. Some venues get some fantastic seats and others not so much. Look at the complaints for MSG for example in 2016. It looked like plenty of VIP and Ticketmaster tickets got better spots than a lot of low number member numbers and the high number members where way in the back in the lower bowl across from the stage. Not the worse seats in the house but if you would rather spend some $$$ to get a better seat on some scalper site if you strike out with GA that is probably the way to go. 

Reserved seats with high numbers is a gamble and if you would rather the peace of mind of having a secure ticket over fighting the bots and the second hand market then go for it. Just do not complain imo when your seats are shit. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
    Pretty sure the CA run doesn’t start until 4/13, but someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

So Denver 4/6, Phoenix 4/8 or 4/9 and then nothing until 4/13? Something doesn’t line up. Either there’s a show sandwiched in there that hasn’t been discussed or they’re taking 4-5 days between those shows. Hmmmm. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    sebasti said:

It wasn’t it all GA back in the 90s?
    Only GA show I attended in the 90's was Randall's Island, all the others were assigned seating.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
    Pretty sure the CA run doesn’t start until 4/13, but someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

So Denver 4/6, Phoenix 4/8 or 4/9 and then nothing until 4/13? Something doesn’t line up. Either there’s a show sandwiched in there that hasn’t been discussed or they’re taking 4-5 days between those shows. Hmmmm. 
    If Phoenix is 1/9 I could see Vegas on the 8th.  If Phoenix is the 8th, maybe Vegas on the 10th or 11th?
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
    I want to know what’s between Phx and SD. Something is off. 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited December 2019
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....

I believe Dimi's comment about 4-13 - 4-20 was specifically about San Diego
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....

If Phoenix is 1/9 I could see Vegas on the 8th.  If Phoenix is the 8th, maybe Vegas on the 10th or 11th?
    If Phoenix is 8th then LA on 10th and 11th? SD is after the 13th....that works
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....

I believe Dimi's comment about 4-13 - 4-20 was specifically about San Diego
    Correct. Which I’m speculating will kick off CA. Otherwise, it would be LA, SD, then back to LA. It could be done but seems like an odd schedule. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....

If Phoenix is 8th then LA on 10th and 11th? SD is after the 13th....that works
    True. I guess I’m thinking about the most direct routes on a map, to start at the southern most stop in CA and make their way north from there. I could very well be wrong. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    demetrios said:
    D-Rod said:
    Depending on how the final dates look, ill likely do Ottawa, Quebec City, Baltimore, Nashville, and St Louis, and any other Saturday show 
    Toronto , Ottawa , Quebec, and Hamilton.  Works out perfectly for me assuming the rumoured dates are accurate. 
    Same here. :) 
    how bad is the snow in quebec that time of year?
    Mid March in Quebec .....could be green , could see a blizzard.  You will be fine Mcgruff10.  Celebrate number 60 in Quebec City 
    Will do!!! I just don’t want my damn flight cancelled.  
    Last tour in May was cold with a bit of snow on the ground in QC...so who can predict. Ottawa was f'ing freezing that tour, miserable.
    2 Toronto shows were also unseasonably cold for May 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sebasti said:
    Or Thurs 4/9.....
    Maynard’s winery :peace:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16