2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    I was lucky enough to see calista flockhart and Ricky Martin sing the vida

loca on SNL back in the day prob like December of 2002 I’m guessing.  We bought the tix at a silent auction in upstate NY.

when we went though there was a line of about 100 people outside the door.  We were told they line up every Saturday night around 7pm and they let a bunch of them in because not everyone with tickets shows up.

just like when they do the ACL tapings here in Austin, you can line up and get in without tickets if you get there early enough.

if it really matters to you that much and they are indeed doing SNL, go to the studio at like noon and bum out and wait and you’ll have a good chance of getting in.
    Thank you! This is helpful. I wonder how many PJ nutsos like us will be out there making the line worse. ;)

Anyone get SNL standby in 2006?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • So Denver is my only shot at a show this leg.  I’m hoping that it’s not 4/6 because I have zero ability to leave work until 5pm that day. How certain are we of that date? 
  • OkumOkum Posts: 231
    sebasti said:
    So Denver is my only shot at a show this leg.  I’m hoping that it’s not 4/6 because I have zero ability to leave work until 5pm that day. How certain are we of that date? 
    100%, with a 50% chance that I'm wrong.
  • Okum said:
    sebasti said:
    So Denver is my only shot at a show this leg.  I’m hoping that it’s not 4/6 because I have zero ability to leave work until 5pm that day. How certain are we of that date? 

And there is only a 20% chance of that
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    sebasti said:
    How far from Denver are you?   
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Okum said:
    sebasti said:
    47% of statistics are made up.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • I’m an hour South in normal traffic. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    sebasti said:
    I’m an hour South in normal traffic. 
    You get to the show by 6:30 at worst. You’re golden. 
  • CW55354 said:
    Alright, back to asking for clues: Dimi, was the Charlie Brown reference a meaningful clue (Minnesota?) and if San Diego is happening, will it either start or end the tour?
    If I call you at 3am and say "the rooster crows at midnight" you will know that it was a meaningful clue

• Can I ask why people think California is getting 4 gigs?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    sebasti said:
    I’m an hour South in normal traffic. 
    Yeah man.  You’ll get there for the opening band.  
  • Ilovepj47 said:
    Can I ask why people think California is getting 4 gigs?
    San Diego
    LAx2
    Oakland
  • on2legs said:
    Breaking news from Alternative Nation... quoting this thread.  Some outstanding journalism right there.  

And you give shady clickbait sites attention because...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 
  • weremin23 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    San Diego
    LAx2
    Oakland

Thanks, but I'm wondering how do you know this

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    Dimi
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Ilovepj47 said:
    weremin23 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    San Diego
    LAx2
    Oakland

Based on hints Dimi has dropped.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    Been a lot of fun... Announcement will probably be on the 6th
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    sebasti said:
    I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 
    I stand in the back of GA every time. More room, no nonsense and you’re still closer than 95% of the people. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    on2legs said:
    Breaking news from Alternative Nation... quoting this thread.  Some outstanding journalism right there.  

And you give shady clickbait sites attention because...
    Because I didn’t want to post the link.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    edited December 2019
    sebasti said:
    I was hoping to try for GA seats and I’m guessing they won’t be good if I can’t get there until 630-7. How good are reserved seats for mid 600k numbers (I wasn’t a joiner, part of the reason I fell in love with PJ)? 
    GA all the way I say... and yes, I'm almost always just walking in and doing the low stress thing. Wrigley shows even got on a rail, side view,  just walking in. 
    You do 10C tix for the convenience, not having to fight for tix in general sale, not gonna get best seat in house with 600xxx... but you'll have a good seat. 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited December 2019
    pjl44 said:
    myoung321 said:
    on2legs said:

Deep Investigative Journalism right there....BAHAHA

Publishing that is lazy and sad
    Yet the number of times I hear them mentioned, shared, or linked to here...
    There's probably a number of Kardashians mentions, shares, and links here too... doesn't make it less sad ;) 

There's something to be said about having a little integrity in your reporting...but hey if clicks are low we can always go to the fake headline about a beloved dead singer or two... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• weremin23 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    weremin23 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    San Diego
    LAx2
    Oakland

Ok gotcha. Tysm. 🤙

• RS151862 said:
    sebasti said:
    I stand in the back of GA every time. More room, no nonsense and you’re still closer than 95% of the people. 
    That's how I roll. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • weremin23 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    weremin23 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    San Diego
    LAx2
    Oakland

Ok gotcha. Tysm. 🤙

• Anyone know the closest hotel to the viejas arena and the forum, ty🤙
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,141
    myoung321 said:
    pjl44 said:
    myoung321 said:
    on2legs said:

Deep Investigative Journalism right there....BAHAHA

Publishing that is lazy and sad
    Yet the number of times I hear them mentioned, shared, or linked to here...
    There's probably a number of Kardashians mentions, shares, and links here too... doesn't make it less sad ;) 

There's something to be said about having a little integrity in your reporting...but hey if clicks are low we can always go to the fake headline about a beloved dead singer or two... 
    What I'm saying is we're better off ignoring them. It doesn't matter if people are clicking just to see how ridiculous they are. If people are clicking at all, they win.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Anyone know the closest hotel to the viejas arena and the forum, ty🤙
    Google is your friend
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    edited December 2019
    sebasti said:

With a number like that, do not trust the reserved seats. Last tour on East coast, all they had were reserved seats, so if you procrastinated for  25 years like me and have a higher number, you had zero options. The seats were among the worst I ever had for a concert (well...at least it was for an amazing band), fully obstructed, and I paid the exact same price as the best seats in the house. The worst, is you get zero information of seat location at time of purchase, which is why I did not join back in the 90s.

(Edit, you could have won the front two rows lottery, but that is a very low percentage, and it’s completely unknown at time of purchase and is not something you could make an informed decision about)
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on