Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    afgpj said:
    You are not reading my comments very closely.  There is reliable information that a new album is completed and a tour is being planned. 
    Do you really believe that these cities will not be played?  

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Have you seen them arena tour a new album and not played these cities?

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.
    I’m just saying if there’s an arena tour both of this cities will have shows.  I would be speculating to say when.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:
    I’m not saying that isn’t accurate.  I’m just saying that until official announcement from the band it would be premature to make any definite plans.  If there’s a tour next year shows will happen in NY and Boston at some point.
    Those who have been around here for years are well aware of who here are good sources and who are not.  People make plans at their own risk.

afgpj said:
    I’m not saying that isn’t accurate.  I’m just saying that until official announcement from the band it would be premature to make any definite plans.  If there’s a tour next year shows will happen in NY and Boston at some point.

Dude, what does that even mean? You don't know if there is a going to be an arena tour, but you know that if there is an arena tour New York and Boston will each get shows? That's some really convoluted inside information, bud. 

Ah, so you "know." Thanks for the sweet rumor. 

You're looking for the 2020 US tour belief thread. This is the rumor thread. Simple mistake. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?
    I don’t think we are at all.  
    Exactly!  You have no clue :)

Just wanted to keep the arguments going.
    Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
    Should we bump the PJ mailed it in at MSG 2016 thread? That would do the trick I bet lol. 
    I fully admit I was not a fan of msg 2, 2016.  The first night was thebest first set I have ever seen. 
    MSG 5.1.16 PJ opened with Go and the place was shaking violently. I literally got thrown into the person next to me. I'm very sorry if you're on here.

Night 2 got Sting and Cheap Trick. Night 1 got the setlist. Except no Ledbetter 
  • Options
    Thank you Dimi.  Hotel booked for Nashville!  Two minute walk from Bridgestone.   
    For 4/2? I’d like to do the same. Don’t remember the hints that were dropped but 4/2 seems to be the only available night around those dates. 
    I booked a hotel for St. Louis already within walking distance of Enterprise arena, just in case
    Are you doing Nashville also? Which date(s) did you book for St. Louis? Thanks a lot!
    Not if it's mid-week as it seems, with 4 kids in school, and my wife back in University finishing her degree, mid week is too hard to pull off.

For St. Louis my best guess is 4-4, so I booked a hotel for 4-3 and 4-4
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Again, do you really believe that if they tour a new album next year that the cities will not be played?

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    You are not reading my comments very closely.  There is reliable information that a new album is completed and a tour is being planned. 
    Do you really believe that these cities will not be played?  

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.
    I’m just saying if there’s an arena tour both of this cities will have shows.  I would be speculating to say when.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:
    Those who have been around here for years are well aware of who here are good sources and who are not.  People make plans at their own risk.

afgpj said:

Dude, what does that even mean? You don't know if there is a going to be an arena tour, but you know that if there is an arena tour New York and Boston will each get shows? That's some really convoluted inside information, bud. 

Ah, so you "know." Thanks for the sweet rumor. 

You're looking for the 2020 US tour belief thread. This is the rumor thread. Simple mistake. 

• Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Thank you Dimi.  Hotel booked for Nashville!  Two minute walk from Bridgestone.   
    For 4/2? I’d like to do the same. Don’t remember the hints that were dropped but 4/2 seems to be the only available night around those dates. 
    I booked a hotel for St. Louis already within walking distance of Enterprise arena, just in case
    Are you doing Nashville also? Which date(s) did you book for St. Louis? Thanks a lot!
    Not if it's mid-week as it seems, with 4 kids in school, and my wife back in University finishing her degree, mid week is too hard to pull off.

For St. Louis my best guess is 4-4, so I booked a hotel for 4-3 and 4-4
    Ahh, bummer. Yeah, it’s definitely tough to travel for multiple shows. Weekends are my best friend right now. 

Thanks a lot for the info, figured those were our best guesses for dates, but wanted to confirm to the best of my ability. Thanks!
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?
    I don’t think we are at all.  
    Exactly!  You have no clue :)

Just wanted to keep the arguments going.
    Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
    Should we bump the PJ mailed it in at MSG 2016 thread? That would do the trick I bet lol. 
    I fully admit I was not a fan of msg 2, 2016.  The first night was thebest first set I have ever seen. 
    MSG 5.1.16 PJ opened with Go and the place was shaking violently. I literally got thrown into the person next to me. I'm very sorry if you're on here.

Night 2 got Sting and Cheap Trick. Night 1 got the setlist. Except no Ledbetter 
    I m not a fan of sting or cheap trick so to me it was just meh.   

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Please don't put Nashville on 4/6 (or 4/5); I've got 4 Monday Practice Round tickets to the Masters that day in Augusta :)

Did DMB in Nashville this past May; had scheduled with another couple who had to cancel last minute.  Had $400/night reservations at the Hilton next door to Bridgestone.  When the other couple cancelled my wife said "I only wanted to go to see David & Cindy".  So, I cancelled the hotel, drove the 3.5 hours to Nashville myself, paid $30 to park in the Hilton's underground garage, slept in the back of my Jeep after the show, was back in ATL by 9am :)

Broadway was a great way to prep for the show
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited December 2019
    afgpj said:
    Again, do you really believe that if they tour a new album next year that the cities will not be played?
    What the hell are you arguing about??? Nobody is saying that Chicago/Philly/Boston will not get shows! We are only talking about the spring tour right now because credible hints have been dropped and those cities ARE NOT included in the spring tour as of now, but NY is. NOBODY SAID THAT PEARL JAM WILL NEVER PLAY CHICAGO/PHILLY/BOSTON EVER AGAIN.
    Serenity now.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Thank you 

afgpj said:
    What the hell are you arguing about??? Nobody is saying that Chicago/Philly/Boston will not get shows! We are only talking about the spring tour right now because credible hints have been dropped and those cities ARE NOT included in the spring tour as of now, but NY is. NOBODY SAID THAT PEARL JAM WILL NEVER PLAY CHICAGO/PHILLY/BOSTON EVER AGAIN.
    Serenity now.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,110
    afgpj said:

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:

afgpj said:

Lightning Bolt they skipped Boston and played Worcester. I'll leave whether that's the same market to the junior urban planners.
  • Options
    afgpj said:
    Serenity now.

Agreed, love it when someone joins the party late and starts arguing about things that have been discussed
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    edited December 2019
    We’re scaring dimi away with our bullshit.  Get it together people.

For example: how many cities are we missing dimi?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    demetrios said:
    awilkins said:
    So, are we pretty certain Quebec City is March 22?
    Good maybe?I already booked a hotel there. Gotta love the free cancellation hotel jams. 
    Haha, I already did the same. Nice little 6 hour drive from Saint John.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,002
    dmbolp said:
    Please don't put Nashville on 4/6 (or 4/5); I've got 4 Monday Practice Round tickets to the Masters that day in Augusta :)

Did DMB in Nashville this past May; had scheduled with another couple who had to cancel last minute.  Had $400/night reservations at the Hilton next door to Bridgestone.  When the other couple cancelled my wife said "I only wanted to go to see David & Cindy".  So, I cancelled the hotel, drove the 3.5 hours to Nashville myself, paid $30 to park in the Hilton's underground garage, slept in the back of my Jeep after the show, was back in ATL by 9am :)

Broadway was a great way to prep for the show
    I've got tickets to the DCP on Sunday before the week starts. Love Augusta. Golf heaven. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jayhawk1912jayhawk1912 Kansas City Posts: 12
    Hobbes said:
    Dimi there’s got to be a stop between St Louis and Nashville right?

More like between St Louis and Denver. Kansas? Okc?
    edit- re-learned my geography.
    Kansas City seems like the perfect middle ground for a stop!! Really anything in the Midwest...I’m ready and willing to partake in my own version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles, the 2020 Pearl Jam spring tour sequel.
    See the source image
    😂🤣
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    afgpj said:
    Serenity now.

No argument. Just someone whose first contribution to this thread was "There will absolutely be at least 2 NY shows and 2 Boston shows" (that's the entire post). We know now that was not based on any actual information, just conjecture from previous tours. We move on. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,647
    So i havent seen PJ in a very very long time.  I wouldnt be putting in for GA either.  Im guessing my odds of getting seats are better?
  • Options
    So i havent seen PJ in a very very long time.  I wouldnt be putting in for GA either.  Im guessing my odds of getting seats are better?
    Yes
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Yes, the odds for getting seats are typically better than the odds for GA in the USA and Canada.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I live in CT and will be out of town for the NYC and Baltimore and most of the Canadian shows.  I will try for Toronto and Nashville.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,647
    Yes
    Thanks guys
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    RiotAct10 said:
    radial21 said:
    From a very reliable source I know who’s in the ticket industry in PA:

No shows in Philly or Pitt for spring.  Pitt was apparently contacted about dates but couldn’t make anything work.  Hasn’t been ruled out yet for fall.

Public on sale date for spring will be 1/13.  This would suggest an announcement in early Jan for 10c presale if I’m guessing right 
    true,,no shows to either pit or philly
    Ohio?
    no
    How about any states that border Ohio?
    Based on previous clues, I doubt it. KY, IN, and PA all were ruled out. There is no Detroit show. So that leaves only a MI non-Detroit show or WV, which I wouldn't count on
    Word... Van Andel arena in Grand Rapids would be the only other viable option that time of year in MI... they’ve played there before, but not super often and not since 2006 I think? Seems to me that they’re saving the Midwest for election time in fall

Breslin in East Lansing says Hello.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    Cracks me up reading the east coast loosing their mind over just a few shows. It’s been 6 years since PJ played within a day’s drive of Denver (with the exception of Telluride, but that was still 6 hours and a festival, not a PJ show).
    East coast gets all the live from PJ, welcome to half of what the rest of of deal with every year.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    And there will be a leg in the fall...Plenty of chances for people to bitch and cry....twice.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Serenity now.

No argument. Just someone whose first contribution to this thread was "There will absolutely be at least 2 NY shows and 2 Boston shows" (that's the entire post). We know now that was not based on any actual information, just conjecture from previous tours. We move on. 
    I'm with you. And now, back to our previously scheduled programming...rumors and hints.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    CW55354 said:
    To alleviate the anxiety around ticket odds, 10C could put in place two show max per member for the lottery. 
    They have essentially done that by making us pick 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. Nobody that picks a particular city as a 2nd choice will get a ticket to that show until everyone who picked it as a 1st choice gets it. There is strategy involved for those who can attend multiple shows, however. If they choose as a first choice a show with less demand, they have better odds of getting one show, but a lesser chance of getting both shows. If they choose the higher demand show first, they have a better chance of getting both shows, but also I higher chance of getting shut out altogether. 
    I’m well aware of how the lottery works. 

Should have clarified more. What I should have said was a person can only get tickets to two shows max via the lottery per tour. After that you’re on your own. Spreads the odds out a bit more for everyone to at least get a ticket to one show.

Just a thought. Will rile someone on here as things seem to be a bit tense today.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    pulling69 said:
    And there will be a leg in the fall...Plenty of chances for people to bitch and cry....twice.
    Exactly!
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 827
    Wow.  I wish I could argue about ticket odds in my city but Pearl Jam doesn’t come to Texas except for ACL. 
  • Options
    Everyone is in the Christmas spirit here today hey. 😂😂😂😂
    I look forward to final dates... Toronto in the 18th would be amazing for the Hip cover they are going to do.   Just not sure I can make it happen... not retired yet 🤙
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,110
    CW55354 said:
    To alleviate the anxiety around ticket odds, 10C could put in place two show max per member for the lottery. 
    They have essentially done that by making us pick 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. Nobody that picks a particular city as a 2nd choice will get a ticket to that show until everyone who picked it as a 1st choice gets it. There is strategy involved for those who can attend multiple shows, however. If they choose as a first choice a show with less demand, they have better odds of getting one show, but a lesser chance of getting both shows. If they choose the higher demand show first, they have a better chance of getting both shows, but also I higher chance of getting shut out altogether. 
    I’m well aware of how the lottery works. 

Should have clarified more. What I should have said was a person can only get tickets to two shows max via the lottery per tour. After that you’re on your own. Spreads the odds out a bit more for everyone to at least get a ticket to one show.

Just a thought. Will rile someone on here as things seem to be a bit tense today.
    I'd be interested to see the % of entrants who get at least one show in a given lottery. I'll bet that number is really high already.