Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    To alleviate the anxiety around ticket odds, 10C could put in place two show max per member for the lottery. 
    Why? why do they care about "anxiety".....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    awilkins said:
    So, are we pretty certain Quebec City is March 22?
    Good maybe?I already booked a hotel there. Gotta love the free cancellation hotel jams. 
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    according to who?  Speculation based on some inside information Or the tour promoters?

afgpj said:
    There will absolutely be at least 2 NY shows and 2 Boston shows.
    Except there won't be in the spring. No Boston show in the spring

• Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    afgpj said:
    according to who?  Speculation based on some inside information Or the tour promoters?

afgpj said:

"Speculation" and "inside information" are opposites....
  • Options
    Not if that inside information is incomplete or not far enough from
    the inside.

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:

afgpj said:

"Speculation" and "inside information" are opposites....

• Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    edited December 2019
    afgpj said:

afgpj said:
    I trust Dimi he said no New England  shows the Spring. 

Post edited by link93 on
  • Options
    I’m not saying that isn’t accurate.  I’m just saying that until official announcement from the band it would be premature to make any definite plans.  If there’s a tour next year shows will happen in NY and Boston at some point.
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    So Dimi, will Paul Bunyan need to check his axe with airport staff? Or can he simply throw it in the trunk of his car?

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    afgpj said:
    I’m not saying that isn’t accurate.  I’m just saying that until official announcement from the band it would be premature to make any definite plans.  If there’s a tour next year shows will happen in NY and Boston at some point.
    So you're speculating?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    My guess quebec and ottawa will be easiest to get. Either 10c or Ticketmaster. Just hate the weather factor of these 2 cities. 
    You underestimate how crazy we are about Pearl Jam I think. Quebec City was the first sell out not named Philly, Toronto, or New York City in 2016 and now there is less competition then there was for that tour. This has me thinking this is going to be a tough ticket. 
    You guys crack me up. QC was an EASY GA in the lottery in 16. But comparing lottery odds then to now is apples to oranges! 
    All of you who missed the Canadian run then will want to go now and the odds will be DIFFERENT!! 
    So keep on stressing about ticket odds...won't matter at this point. 
    44% was easy? 
    Yes..there were lots of people trading GA at QC...looking for ticket buddies for Toronto....I did those shows in 16, Imma pass in March...
    People openly trading Quebec in 2016 and lottery odds have nothing to do with one another though. Apples and oranges right? 
    LOTS OF PEOPLE won GA for QC...that's the point. It wasn't tough GA to get. Lottery odds of 44% or whatever are great ods
    LOTS OF PEOPLE WON FOR TORONTO TOO. PROBABLY THE SAME NUMBER AS QUEBEC SINCE THE PITS WHERE THE SAME SIZE. WHY ARE WE YELLING!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    afgpj said:
    Those who have been around here for years are well aware of who here are good sources and who are not.  People make plans at their own risk.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    My guess quebec and ottawa will be easiest to get. Either 10c or Ticketmaster. Just hate the weather factor of these 2 cities. 
    You underestimate how crazy we are about Pearl Jam I think. Quebec City was the first sell out not named Philly, Toronto, or New York City in 2016 and now there is less competition then there was for that tour. This has me thinking this is going to be a tough ticket. 
    You guys crack me up. QC was an EASY GA in the lottery in 16. But comparing lottery odds then to now is apples to oranges! 
    All of you who missed the Canadian run then will want to go now and the odds will be DIFFERENT!! 
    44% was easy? 
    Yes..there were lots of people trading GA at QC...looking for ticket buddies for Toronto....I did those shows in 16, Imma pass in March...
    People openly trading Quebec in 2016 and lottery odds have nothing to do with one another though. Apples and oranges right? 
    LOTS OF PEOPLE won GA for QC...that's the point. It wasn't tough GA to get. Lottery odds of 44% or whatever are great ods
    LOTS OF PEOPLE WON FOR TORONTO TOO. PROBABLY THE SAME NUMBER AS QUEBEC SINCE THE PITS WHERE THE SAME SIZE. WHY ARE WE YELLING!!!
    You aren't too bright, are you? The large number of people asking for GA for Toronto made the odds lower....the smaller number of people asking for GA for QC made the odds higher. If more people asked for seats than GA than they might not have given out "same number"....I recall the QC pit being fairly light toward the middle and back..it was large. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    44% was easy? 
    You aren't too bright, are you? The large number of people asking for GA for Toronto made the odds lower....the smaller number of people asking for GA for QC made the odds higher. If more people asked for seats than GA than they might not have given out "same number"....I recall the QC pit being fairly light toward the middle and back..it was large. 
    Ya I am real dumb bud. Odds are real tough to figure out. Enjoy your Cali shows! 
  • Options
    Agreed.
    I’m just saying if there’s an arena tour both of this cities will have shows.  I would be speculating to say when.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:
    Those who have been around here for years are well aware of who here are good sources and who are not.  People make plans at their own risk.

afgpj said:

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    C'mon y'all. This thread is meant as a friendly information exchange. No need to be mean or rude... Everything will work out fine.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,225
    jdopj said:
    Sirens4 said:
    Sirens4 said:
    Sorry for not being caught up but is Nyc the only area east coast show? No Boston or Hartford? Thank you @dimitrispearljam  
    NYC and Baltimore, one night each
    Wow! Thank you, going to be a tough ticket 
    I think if you’re willing to let go of going to NY you could put Baltimore as your first and get it. I’ve been to 50+ shows and have never been to NY or Philly. I’d rather avoid the hassle and just get my tickets.

Gospel. Everyone should avoid NY. It's got 10 times the population and the music industry gobbling up tickets.

But with only 2 shows for the overpopulated east coast, Bmore might be an impossibly expensive and low odds ticket also.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    44% was easy? 
    Relax. PJNB is a good poster and is just giving his opinion on things. Cheers
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039
    jmug23 said:
    How the hell is there only one NYC date? Does their management hate NYC? Seriously. Endless tours in Europe and shows in Boston and Chicago. And now, after ignoring NYC for 4 years, one freaking show?
    I swear, their bookers are slightly sadistic. Like they enjoy watching their East Coast fans be miserable
    Because NY shows are boring, just like PA.  
    Lol. I wonder why Everyone and their mother fly in for these shows.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,225
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?

Seriously friend? You realize PJ can play 10 shows here and per capita we're getting fewer shows than every other North American city getting more than 1?

Just because facts are spoken does not indicate people are spoiled  :-)
  • Options
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.
    I’m just saying if there’s an arena tour both of this cities will have shows.  I would be speculating to say when.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:

afgpj said:

Dude, what does that even mean? You don't know if there is a going to be an arena tour, but you know that if there is an arena tour New York and Boston will each get shows? That's some really convoluted inside information, bud. 
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    44% was easy? 
    Relax. PJNB is a good poster and is just giving his opinion on things. Cheers
    All good on this end man. Should not have been talking about odds as much in the rumour thread as it is I guess. Is it too early to post an ISO single for MSG yet?!!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I don’t think we are at all.  We don’t get any more shows that other markets. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    edited December 2019
    Thank you Dimi.  Hotel booked for Nashville!  Two minute walk from Bridgestone.   
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t think we are at all.  
    Exactly!  You have no clue :)

Just wanted to keep the arguments going.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
  • Options

Seriously friend? You realize PJ can play 10 shows here and per capita we're getting fewer shows than every other North American city getting more than 1?

Just because facts are spoken does not indicate people are spoiled  :-)
    Yawn. Within 400 miles of my house, there are about 20 million people. It appears we'll get one show on the far edge of that radius. Facts are not neutral, and your comment confirms that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
    Should we bump the PJ mailed it in at MSG 2016 thread? That would do the trick I bet lol. 
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    To alleviate the anxiety around ticket odds, 10C could put in place two show max per member for the lottery. 
    They have essentially done that by making us pick 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. Nobody that picks a particular city as a 2nd choice will get a ticket to that show until everyone who picked it as a 1st choice gets it. There is strategy involved for those who can attend multiple shows, however. If they choose as a first choice a show with less demand, they have better odds of getting one show, but a lesser chance of getting both shows. If they choose the higher demand show first, they have a better chance of getting both shows, but also I higher chance of getting shut out altogether. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t think we are at all.  We don’t get any more shows that other markets. 
    How are you defining "markets?" Are New York and Philadelphia different markets, despite being about 100 miles apart? Cause if so, you're getting a hell of a lot more shows than my market (exactly one show.....in 1993). 
    Post edited by ecdanc on