Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Let’s not turn a fun thread into a pissing match. So, how about that rumored Phoenix show? Any takers? Maybe just a 👍🏻 or 👎🏻? Anyone? I hate to be one of the hundreds bothering Dimi, but...😉
    Says the spoiled Chicago fan.  ;)
    Haha well played! In my defense we’ll likely never get another arena show here so we’re not that spoiled. I kid, I kid. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?
    I don’t think we are at all.  
    Exactly!  You have no clue :)

Just wanted to keep the arguments going.
    Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
    Should we bump the PJ mailed it in at MSG 2016 thread? That would do the trick I bet lol. 
    I fully admit I was not a fan of msg 2, 2016.  The first night was thebest first set I have ever seen. 
    MSG 5.1.16 PJ opened with Go and the place was shaking violently. I literally got thrown into the person next to me. I'm very sorry if you're on here.

Night 2 got Sting and Cheap Trick. Night 1 got the setlist. Except no Ledbetter 

MSG1 was one of my favorite concert. The first one hour and half (since Go to RVM) was one of the most intensive that I never feel. Incredible. Fantastic show and we met Eddie after the show on the MGS.

MSG2 was disappoint. One of my worst PJ show (after Milan 2014). The first night was too powerful.

But 3 days after,  Quebec city was awesome.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    Thank you for those who explained the ticket odds. I’ve only ever put in for 1-2 shows per tour this decade and haven’t had a problem.

I honestly don’t understand the anxiety. If there’s a will there’s a way. Lots of ticket trading / sales on the boards leading up to every tour.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    I’m still waiting to hear if there’s any other dates happening Midwest.  I’ll skip Nashville as I’ve been there many times for a San Diego beach trip or Denver edibles stop.  Would be interested in Memphis or Kansas City too but can’t remember if those got stomped.  Seems like Nashville is a popular destination as far as hotel rates go so I’ll take the wife to the beach or weedville instead
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Thank you Dimi.  Hotel booked for Nashville!  Two minute walk from Bridgestone.   
    What’s the hinted date for Nashville?? I need to look at flights 
  • Options
    A lot of factors play into this hopefully happening tour for me. Number of California shows plus what day in what city they play in. (California is fucking huge and I’m sure Fresno will never be on the stop list again) A Tuesday show in San Fran is a no go. A Friday and Sat and or Sunday run and I could make 2 shows. People on the east coast complaining that PJ isn’t playing in your back yard. Give me a break. The 3 closest destinations in Cali are a 5 hour round trip (Oakland) 6 hour round trip (San Fran) or 8+ hour round trip(LA) from me. So cry me a river, east coasters. I kid but also am very serious. They may play Cali and I won’t see one show. Life of a 41 year old parent. The struggle is real. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited December 2019

I just went back to the setlists for MSG 2016.  I was there in the rafters both nights.  I agree that Night 2 was kinda "blah" to me.  As I look at the setlist it looks great on paper (man trilogy, Breath/SOLAT, some less played cover songs, Garden, Deep, Leash, All or None, Present Tense.   I think it was me.  Maybe a little tired from Night 1 and just too far away from the stage in the rafters. 

Quebec City though was incredible. 

• Options
    Melzombie said:
    I think it was 4/2 if I remember right
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Melzombie said:
    I think it was 4/2 if I remember right
    Yeah, 4/2 was the hinted date for Nashville
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Ilovepj47 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Does pj ever come up to sacramento,ca
    Wanna know how Ed feels about Sacramento? Listen to the rant between Jeremy and Supersonic at OKC 2013... 

Ed speaking about Sonics / OKC Thunder / Howard Shultz..   "Fuck Sacramento, thats what I meant to say... But if you think about it and have ever been to Sacramento, they're already kinda fucked"
    😜ty myyoung321 what happened in sacramento, ca . To make ed never want to come back

( maybe review pg.102 )
  • Options
    So Dimi, will Paul Bunyan need to check his axe with airport staff? Or can he simply throw it in the trunk of his car?
    @dimitrispearljam As an NFL and Pearl Jam fan, would Monday night’s game be of any particular interest to me?
    AjaxSlax
  • Options
    Anyone know expected dates for LA and san diego
  • Options
    Anyone know expected dates for new york
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    So is NC getting a make up show?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,066
    edited December 2019
    Ilovepj47 said:

3/30 for NYC
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Ilovepj47 said:

3/30 for NYC
    Ty makeussmile

• Options
    So is NC getting a make up show?
    I wouldn't count on it in the spring
  • Options
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:

3/30 for NYC
    Ty makeussmile when I look at Madison Square garden  for 3/30 its showing all access tour scheduled. Are they not playing at the garden

• Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    CW55354 said:
    To alleviate the anxiety around ticket odds, 10C could put in place two show max per member for the lottery. 
    They have essentially done that by making us pick 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. Nobody that picks a particular city as a 2nd choice will get a ticket to that show until everyone who picked it as a 1st choice gets it. There is strategy involved for those who can attend multiple shows, however. If they choose as a first choice a show with less demand, they have better odds of getting one show, but a lesser chance of getting both shows. If they choose the higher demand show first, they have a better chance of getting both shows, but also I higher chance of getting shut out altogether. 
    I’m well aware of how the lottery works. 

Should have clarified more. What I should have said was a person can only get tickets to two shows max via the lottery per tour. After that you’re on your own. Spreads the odds out a bit more for everyone to at least get a ticket to one show.

Just a thought. Will rile someone on here as things seem to be a bit tense today.
    But it won’t spread the odds out. Because they don’t give out tickets to someone’s third choice of a particular city until everybody who picked that city as a first or second choice got tickets. If you pick New York and Baltimore, for instance as your only choices, no one who picks them as a third choice will get them unless you and everyone else who picked them as 1 or 2 won them. 
    I wouldn’t worry about riling people up. I’m sure the holidays have some people looking to blow off steam any way they can. I’m just glad we are talking about seeing the band again. 
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,852
    edited December 2019
    Minnesota?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    CW55354 said:
    CW55354 said:
    To alleviate the anxiety around ticket odds, 10C could put in place two show max per member for the lottery. 
    They have essentially done that by making us pick 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. Nobody that picks a particular city as a 2nd choice will get a ticket to that show until everyone who picked it as a 1st choice gets it. There is strategy involved for those who can attend multiple shows, however. If they choose as a first choice a show with less demand, they have better odds of getting one show, but a lesser chance of getting both shows. If they choose the higher demand show first, they have a better chance of getting both shows, but also I higher chance of getting shut out altogether. 
    I’m well aware of how the lottery works. 

Should have clarified more. What I should have said was a person can only get tickets to two shows max via the lottery per tour. After that you’re on your own. Spreads the odds out a bit more for everyone to at least get a ticket to one show.

Just a thought. Will rile someone on here as things seem to be a bit tense today.
    But it won’t spread the odds out. Because they don’t give out tickets to someone’s third choice of a particular city until everybody who picked that city as a first or second choice got tickets. If you pick New York and Baltimore, for instance as your only choices, no one who picks them as a third choice will get them unless you and everyone else who picked them as 1 or 2 won them. 
    I wouldn’t worry about riling people up. I’m sure the holidays have some people looking to blow off steam any way they can. I’m just glad we are talking about seeing the band again. 

Amen. It’s great thinking about shows. But stressing about 2 east coast shows after four years of no arena shows. Fun stress. I don’t think there’s a chance that any show on the east coast north of NC gets to Lottery round 2 for the rest of their legendary career. 

I’d love if the future odds specify round one odds.
  • Options
    mpar17mpar17 Posts: 161
    Some of the States being mentioned (NY, CA, OH,FL )are also hosts to March Madness rounds 1 and 2. This along with all the conference tournaments could have eliminated some sites they might have wanted to play. 
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam hello. Can you confirm that only one show in NYC please? And one question about california, san diego is it a potential target for the trip in april?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mpar17 said:
    Some of the States being mentioned (NY, CA, OH,FL )are also hosts to March Madness rounds 1 and 2. This along with all the conference tournaments could have eliminated some sites they might have wanted to play. 
    All conference tournaments will be over by the time the tour starts.
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    mpar17 said:
    Columbus has two full size arenas, Nationwide Arena and The Schottenstein Center. If we petition quickly, maybe they’ll add one!? Grasping straws...
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 827
    edited December 2019
    All my flights, hotels and ground transportation has been booked for the Spring US Tour.  Hope everyone locked down your travel.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,066
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:

3/30 for NYC
    Ty makeussmile when I look at Madison Square garden  for 3/30 its showing all access tour scheduled. Are they not playing at the garden

the calendar im looking at has it open from 3/26-3/30? I dont see anything about an all access tour.  The rumors on here have been 3/30 which jives from what i was told too.  For the record, my source only mentioned 3/30. Didn't say anything about holds on other dates and he usually does. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    All my flights, hotels and ground transportation has been booked for the Spring US Tour.  Hope everyone locked down your travel.
    Lol why bother when you can sleep in your car?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,420
    edited December 2019
    vedpunk said:
    That's ridiculous.....lol
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    vedpunk said:
    😂