Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    edited December 2019
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?
    I don’t think we are at all.  We don’t get any more shows that other markets. 
    How are you defining "markets?" Are New York and Philadelphia different markets, despite being about 100 miles apart? Cause if so, you're getting a hell of a lot more shows than my market (exactly one show in 1993). 
    Definitely different markets.  I have no clue but I would guess maybe 20% of the crowd has people that go to shows in both nyc and Philly.  
    Wouldn’t you consider Hamilton and Toronto to be separate markets?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is this a bad time for me to say that New Yorkers are spoiled and have no clue that they are?
    I don’t think we are at all.  
    Exactly!  You have no clue :)

Just wanted to keep the arguments going.
    Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
    Should we bump the PJ mailed it in at MSG 2016 thread? That would do the trick I bet lol. 
    I fully admit I was not a fan of msg 2, 2016.  The first night was thebest first set I have ever seen. 
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How are you defining "markets?" Are New York and Philadelphia different markets, despite being about 100 miles apart? Cause if so, you're getting a hell of a lot more shows than my market (exactly one show in 1993). 
    Definitely different markets.  I have no clue but I would guess maybe 20% of the crowd has people that go to shows in both nyc and Philly.  
    I don't really have an opinion on whether Philly/NY or Toronto/Hamilton are different markets. Just pointing out that "we don't get any more shows tha[n] other markets" doesn't really deflect from the "New Yorkers are spoiled" point. You get shows in your city, shows <100 miles away, a TON of shows within traveling distance, etc. You're spoiled. 
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    Evel K said:
    Ohio?
    no
    Toledo in the fall !!!!!
    15 years after that great show at the Toledo Sports Arena  
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g5jkMLz5gLQ&nbsp;&nbsp;
    Things were different then
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t think we are at all.  
    Exactly!  You have no clue :)

Just wanted to keep the arguments going.
    Lol. Nice!! I live in New Jersey so definitely not spoiled.  ;)
    Should we bump the PJ mailed it in at MSG 2016 thread? That would do the trick I bet lol. 
    I fully admit I was not a fan of msg 2, 2016.  The first night was thebest first set I have ever seen. 
    Completely agree.  Unfortunately, we had nosebleeds for night 1 (impossible ticket) and they played my my top 5 all time songs that night (has never happened in 98 other shows): Black, Release, Off He Goes, I got Shit, In Hiding.  Insane.  Night 2 we had stellar 10C seats and they played a mostly hits set.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Let’s not turn a fun thread into a pissing match. So, how about that rumored Phoenix show? Any takers? Maybe just a 👍🏻 or 👎🏻? Anyone? I hate to be one of the hundreds bothering Dimi, but...😉
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Let’s not turn a fun thread into a pissing match. So, how about that rumored Phoenix show? Any takers? Maybe just a 👍🏻 or 👎🏻? Anyone? I hate to be one of the hundreds bothering Dimi, but...😉
    Says the spoiled Chicago fan.  ;)
  • Options
    Damn. Sorry guys. Woke up agitated this morning and I was venting. Thanks for putting it all in perspective. I just haven’t seen the band yet so it was a little frustrating. Nervous about getting tickets. 

Let’s hope we all get in next year somehow. Can’t wait for the tour. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't really have an opinion on whether Philly/NY or Toronto/Hamilton are different markets. Just pointing out that "we don't get any more shows tha[n] other markets" doesn't really deflect from the "New Yorkers are spoiled" point. You get shows in your city, shows <100 miles away, a TON of shows within traveling distance, etc. You're spoiled. 
    Lol. We’re spoiled. And... sounds like you’re jealous 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,647
    Damn. Sorry guys. Woke up agitated this morning and I was venting. Thanks for putting it all in perspective. I just haven’t seen the band yet so it was a little frustrating. Nervous about getting tickets. 

All good Bruce.  You’re gonna love it
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jealous of your opportunity to see Pearl Jam? Absolutely. I wish I had more/closer shows, which is why it's so weird to hear anyone from New York suggest they don't have it good. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892

These are arena shows. Everybody will get in. Everyone won't be in the greatest seat or front row, but nobody will be shut out. Keep an eye on the boards for extras, people help each other out here. Good luck!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jealous of your opportunity to see Pearl Jam? Absolutely. I wish I had more/closer shows, which is why it's so weird to hear anyone from New York suggest they don't have it good. 
    Fair enough. But you have to understand that even with all the shows, it comes with some anxiety because it is such a tough ticket to get. But I agree, better than not having any. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How are you defining "markets?" Are New York and Philadelphia different markets, despite being about 100 miles apart? Cause if so, you're getting a hell of a lot more shows than my market (exactly one show.....in 1993). 

How big is a particular market?

Let's agree the fairest measure is the # people who will go to a show without needing a hotel room. So a 3-4 hour drive?

NYs problem is 60 million people live within that radius, plus the music industry is here gobbling up venue and promoter tickets in amounts unlike any other market.

I have not read a single comment that NY is entitled to any shows.

We are not.

But talking demographics and the clusterfk it is here to get tickets is fair game. Cant we all just get along?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What market do you call home?

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How are you defining "markets?" Are New York and Philadelphia different markets, despite being about 100 miles apart? Cause if so, you're getting a hell of a lot more shows than my market (exactly one show.....in 1993). 

How big is a particular market?

Let's agree the fairest measure is the # people who will go to a show without needing a hotel room. So a 3-4 hour drive?

NYs problem is 60 million people live within that radius, plus the music industry is here gobbling up venue and promoter tickets in amounts unlike any other market.

I have not read a single comment that NY is entitled to any shows.

We are not.

But talking demographics and the clusterfk it is here to get tickets is fair game. Cant we all just get along?
    I don't mean "spoiled" as some horrible insult, but y'all do have it good. There are no shows I can get to in 3-4 hours (2 in the last 16 years, to be exact--none anticipated for this tour). So, any chance to see Pearl Jam requires travel. That's why it sounds spoiled (and perhaps even entitled): New York is one of many places I could see a show; New York is one of many places for you to see a show. As a whole, though, it's far easier for you to (logistically) access more shows than me. 
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hamilton and Toronto are definitely the same market. Lots of people who live in the Hammer work in Toronto. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fair enough. But you have to understand that even with all the shows, it comes with some anxiety because it is such a tough ticket to get. But I agree, better than not having any. 
    I hear you on the anxiety, but why not just go to some other show? One not in NY? 
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Have you seen them arena tour a new album and not played these cities?

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.
    I’m just saying if there’s an arena tour both of this cities will have shows.  I would be speculating to say when.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:
    I’m not saying that isn’t accurate.  I’m just saying that until official announcement from the band it would be premature to make any definite plans.  If there’s a tour next year shows will happen in NY and Boston at some point.
    Those who have been around here for years are well aware of who here are good sources and who are not.  People make plans at their own risk.

afgpj said:
    I’m not saying that isn’t accurate.  I’m just saying that until official announcement from the band it would be premature to make any definite plans.  If there’s a tour next year shows will happen in NY and Boston at some point.

Dude, what does that even mean? You don't know if there is a going to be an arena tour, but you know that if there is an arena tour New York and Boston will each get shows? That's some really convoluted inside information, bud. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What market do you call home?

Not sure I live anywhere that could be considered a market, but I'm just outside of Wichita, KS. KC and OKC are 2-3 hour drives; Dallas is doable. But, sounds like those places are out this year. St. Louis (6 hours) and Denver (8 hours) are the closest. And Denver is the only confirmed city with a direct flight (from Wichita), even. Basically, if I want to see a show, I just pick the one with the best ticket odds, because travel is a pain in the ass regardless. 
  • Options
    afgpj said:

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.
    I’m just saying if there’s an arena tour both of this cities will have shows.  I would be speculating to say when.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:
    Those who have been around here for years are well aware of who here are good sources and who are not.  People make plans at their own risk.

afgpj said:

Dude, what does that even mean? You don't know if there is a going to be an arena tour, but you know that if there is an arena tour New York and Boston will each get shows? That's some really convoluted inside information, bud. 

Ah, so you "know." Thanks for the sweet rumor. 
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Thank you Dimi.  Hotel booked for Nashville!  Two minute walk from Bridgestone.   
    For 4/2? I’d like to do the same. Don’t remember the hints that were dropped but 4/2 seems to be the only available night around those dates. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I hear you on the anxiety, but why not just go to some other show? One not in NY? 
    I travel all over to see them .I’ll see them anywhere 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well stay away from the middle of the country shows. Keep the odds reasonable for the only shows within 500 miles of me. ;)
  • Options
    For 4/2? I’d like to do the same. Don’t remember the hints that were dropped but 4/2 seems to be the only available night around those dates. 
    I booked a hotel for St. Louis already within walking distance of Enterprise arena, just in case
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well stay away from the middle of the country shows. Keep the odds reasonable for the only shows within 500 miles of me. ;)
    I’m going to all of them just because you called me spoiled. 😂😂
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    I booked a hotel for St. Louis already within walking distance of Enterprise arena, just in case
    Are you doing Nashville also? Which date(s) did you book for St. Louis? Thanks a lot!
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Dimi: any chance of a college campus show or 2 in the Spring?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am putting in for every show you go to. ;)
    that wichita boot from 93 is top notch!
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    You are not reading my comments very closely.  There is reliable information that a new album is completed and a tour is being planned. 
    Do you really believe that these cities will not be played?  

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:
    Agreed.

given2fly23 said:
    afgpj said:

afgpj said:

Ah, so you "know." Thanks for the sweet rumor.