Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Hockey on the 17th and 19th in Toronto. That’ll be a quick load in/load out. They’re used to it in that building though with what happened with the Raptors in 2016.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,179
    demetrios said:
    3/18 Toronto
    3/20 Ottowa
    3/22 Quebec city
    3/24 Hamilton

I think I stumbled on your twitter page recently.

You have that pic of Jeff mid jump. Holy heck that's an incredible pic, is it yours? Which tour is it from?

Got a link?
  • Options
    cowboyzekecowboyzeke Charm City Posts: 30
    Nostra-Dimi:
    Is Baltimore a lock?  Will it be the first Spring show?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    Hey Dimi 😊 I'm from Baltimore and trying to plan a weekend in the spring to head home for a visit. Would the weekend of 3/28 be a good choice?
    Why not
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Dimi should I plan on being in Nashville or St.Louis on April 3-4?
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 784
    Okey my turn......Dimi......i will be in NYC from 31 of march till 4th of april. Am i lucky?
  • Options
    Is there reason for excitement for people who call Des Moines or Madison home this Spring?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,178
    Robbert said:
    Okey my turn......Dimi......i will be in NYC from 31 of march till 4th of april. Am i lucky?

Probably, if you have $500 to spare or hit the 2% lottery, providing it’s only 2 shows in the entire Acela corridor.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,178
    mace1229 said:
    I’m optimistic about tickets and that most will land at least 1 show. They were able to pull a ton of tickets for the stadium tour. Yes, they are massive venues, but there won’t be as many traveling to a number of shows with an actual tour. And most of all, I can imagine a massive drop in membership if the lotto is giving low odds. Most of us are here for the tickets and what’s the point if we get a 5% chance once every 5 years? So I think it’ll be good.

NY odds last time 2016 were 7% with 2 shows, and that was during a full East tour with other shows reasonably close and membership here went up and up. And zero shows here since. There is nothing in rock compared to Pearl Jam. Not Metallica, not the foos, not u2. Two shows on the entire East coast... odds as high as 5% will be a pipe dream. It’s going to cost a fortune to get in if this rumor is true of only 2 East shows. But we are grateful for them. 
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    radial21 said:
    From a very reliable source I know who’s in the ticket industry in PA:

No shows in Philly or Pitt for spring.  Pitt was apparently contacted about dates but couldn’t make anything work.  Hasn’t been ruled out yet for fall.

Public on sale date for spring will be 1/13.  This would suggest an announcement in early Jan for 10c presale if I’m guessing right 
    true,,no shows to either pit or philly
    Ohio?
    no
    How about any states that border Ohio?
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,170
    Hey Dimi 😊 I'm from Baltimore and trying to plan a weekend in the spring to head home for a visit. Would the weekend of 3/28 be a good choice?
    Why not
    My brother lives in Maryland but usually leaves to visit me out of state around March 27..should he delay visit for Baltimore date 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited December 2019
    RiotAct10 said:
    radial21 said:

No shows in Philly or Pitt for spring.  Pitt was apparently contacted about dates but couldn’t make anything work.  Hasn’t been ruled out yet for fall.

Public on sale date for spring will be 1/13.  This would suggest an announcement in early Jan for 10c presale if I’m guessing right 
    Ohio?
    no
    Based on previous clues, I doubt it. KY, IN, and PA all were ruled out. There is no Detroit show. So that leaves only a MI non-Detroit show or WV, which I wouldn't count on
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    Dimi, if I’m in Canada in March, would I want to be in Quebec, or Ontario on the 18th?
    yes
    😂😂😂😂 

Tour starts in TO on the 18th. Book it 
    Agreed
    I’m leaning toward TO, but Ottawa is also in Ontario. I don’t think Hamilton’s venue is open on the 18th. Any additional hint Dimi??? (I know I’m pushing my luck!) 😁
    First Ontario Centre in Hamilton is open on March 17 and then again from March 23 onwards. DIsney on Ice March 18-22
  • Options
    RD171825 said:
    Dimi, if I’m in Canada in March, would I want to be in Quebec, or Ontario on the 18th?
    yes
    😂😂😂😂 

Tour starts in TO on the 18th. Book it 
    Agreed
    I’m leaning toward TO, but Ottawa is also in Ontario. I don’t think Hamilton’s venue is open on the 18th. Any additional hint Dimi??? (I know I’m pushing my luck!) 😁
    First Ontario Centre in Hamilton is open on March 17 and then again from March 23 onwards. DIsney on Ice March 18-22
    Dimi said tour in Canada starts after St. Patrick’s Day.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    edited December 2019
    RiotAct10 said:
    radial21 said:

Ohio?
    no
    Based on previous clues, I doubt it. KY, IN, and PA all were ruled out. There is no Detroit show. So that leaves only a MI non-Detroit show or WV, which I wouldn't count on
    Word... Van Andel arena in Grand Rapids would be the only other viable option that time of year in MI... they’ve played there before, but not super often and not since 2006 I think? Seems to me that they’re saving the Midwest for election time in fall
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    RiotAct10 said:
    radial21 said:

Ohio?
    no
    Bummer. Hopefully saving it for the fall.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    RiotAct10 said:
    radial21 said:

Ohio?
    no
    Word... Van Andel arena in Grand Rapids would be the only other viable option that time of year in MI... they’ve played there before, but not super often and not since 2006 I think? Seems to me that they’re saving the Midwest for election time in fall
    That 2006 boot is one of the best!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    radial21 said:

Ohio?
    no
    That 2006 boot is one of the best!
    Thanks, I’ll have to check that out!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Evel K said:
    Ohio?
    no
    Toledo in the fall !!!!!
    15 years after that great show at the Toledo Sports Arena  

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    Where does one find the Grand Rapids show from 2006?  I want to give it a listen.  
  • Options
    Huntington Center show in Toledo would undoubtedly be an instant classic. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,615
    weremin23 said:
    Hockey on the 17th and 19th in Toronto. That’ll be a quick load in/load out. They’re used to it in that building though with what happened with the Raptors in 2016.
    Definitely better than nothing.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,615
    mcgruff10 said:
    Where does one find the Grand Rapids show from 2006?  I want to give it a listen.  
    That’s a helluva show to hear for the first time.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That’s a helluva show to hear for the first time.
    I have it on my iPod of all places! They need to play sets like that more often. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    mace1229 said:
    I’m optimistic about tickets and that most will land at least 1 show. They were able to pull a ton of tickets for the stadium tour. Yes, they are massive venues, but there won’t be as many traveling to a number of shows with an actual tour. And most of all, I can imagine a massive drop in membership if the lotto is giving low odds. Most of us are here for the tickets and what’s the point if we get a 5% chance once every 5 years? So I think it’ll be good.

NY odds last time 2016 were 7% with 2 shows, and that was during a full East tour with other shows reasonably close and membership here went up and up. And zero shows here since. There is nothing in rock compared to Pearl Jam. Not Metallica, not the foos, not u2. Two shows on the entire East coast... odds as high as 5% will be a pipe dream. It’s going to cost a fortune to get in if this rumor is true of only 2 East shows. But we are grateful for them. 
    Someone said they anticipate all shows being single digits this time. Maybe that’s true with NYC, but optimistic the rest will be easy, or at least have a presale with TM for members. Because like I said without a single, if all were getting from membership is a single-digit chance of landing tickets once every few years, then what’s the point anymore? They’re going to want to keep members, its a huge revenue for them and they do nothing for it.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,642
    edited December 2019
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Someone said they anticipate all shows being single digits this time. Maybe that’s true with NYC, but optimistic the rest will be easy, or at least have a presale with TM for members. Because like I said without a single, if all were getting from membership is a single-digit chance of landing tickets once every few years, then what’s the point anymore? They’re going to want to keep members, its a huge revenue for them and they do nothing for it.
    The $20 gets you that single digit %, which is still better than nothing.  

The demand for all shows, especially for NYC and Toronto, will be insanity.  

Digital membership is basically a shot in the dark at GA tickets 1-2x a year.  And for most people, including myself, it’s worth the cost, especially since GA is 10c only. 

If they ever got rid of the 10c GA pit, I think that’s when we would see a decrease in memberships.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 580
    edited December 2019
    Sorry for not being caught up but is Nyc the only area east coast show? No Boston or Hartford? Thank you @dimitrispearljam  
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,642
    Sirens4 said:
    Sorry for not being caught up but is Nyc the only area east coast show? No Boston or Hartford? Thank you @dimitrispearljam  
    NYC and Baltimore, one night each
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Digital membership is basically a shot in the dark at GA tickets 1-2x a year.  And for most people, including myself, it’s worth the cost, especially since GA is 10c only. 

If they ever got rid of the 10c GA pit, I think that’s when we would see a decrease in memberships.
    I don’t remember, did most or all shows with the LB tour have GA?
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

You have to remember all shows will be in a group. You prioritize. All shows can’t or won’t be in single digits. If you have St. Louis as your number #1 it’s hard to think you wouldn’t get it with everyone going for NY, TOR, Cali