Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Kat said:

My sister is very active in working to get potential voters registered or re-registered.  She strongly emphasizes this need.  A bit shocking to see such large numbers that way in WI.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I saw a bumper sticker the other day: Vote, it’s not illegal. Yet.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited December 2019
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

My sister is very active in working to get potential voters registered or re-registered.  She strongly emphasizes this need.  A bit shocking to see such large numbers that way in WI.
    Sorry, this tweet is just wrong.
    I pay close attention to what's going on in Wisconsin.  The tweet Wasn't sent by Pelosi either.
    https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2019/dec/18/nancy-pelosi/nancy-pelosi-claims-200k-will-be-prohibited-voting/

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

I pay close attention to what's going on in Wisconsin.  The tweet Wasn't sent by Pelosi either.
    https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2019/dec/18/nancy-pelosi/nancy-pelosi-claims-200k-will-be-prohibited-voting/

Could be, RYME.  In any case, Wisconsin has had similar problems in the past (reportedly in 2016), so I'm not 100% convinced something is not up with all that.  In any case, if I lived in that state, I would make sure my voter registration is up to date.  Pretty much a good idea everywhere for that matter.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Could be, RYME.  In any case, Wisconsin has had similar problems in the past (reportedly in 2016), so I'm not 100% convinced something is not up with all that.  In any case, if I lived in that state, I would make sure my voter registration is up to date.  Pretty much a good idea everywhere for that matter.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

No the Tweet was by a mouse calling a foul ball before the pitch has been thrown.
    The reason why Trump won in Wisconsin last time, was because our
    Senator Ron Johnson was on the ballot.  Senator Ron Johnson is a popular senator in Wisconsin. Enough people who came out specifically to vote for Ron Johnson (that we're very reluctant about Trump at the time)
    voted for Johnson, and while they were there voting for Johnson bit their tongue and pulled the lever for Trump anyhow, almost like an afterthought.
    Trump's win in Wisconsin wasn't by much, but enough popularity came with the Ron Johnson vote to drag Trump over the Finish Line in Wisconsin, it was a narrow victory for Trump in Wisconsin but it wasn't voter suppression.
    (and just a little heads up, you going to be hearing a lot about Ron Johnson in the coming year)

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2019
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Thank you for posting that link, Ryme. The good news about what's going on Wisconsin is that it appears that it's possible for voters to re-register at the polls on election day, at the clerk's office or re-register online. I have to wonder why a lawsuit was brought to have voters removed immediately if it's so easy to re-register though. And why were more purge notices sent to Dem districts, those won by Hillary Clinton?

"A series of ensuing lawsuits and court actions have sought to more quickly remove these people from the voting rolls -- or delay that from happening."

Smells like shenanigans to me.

Here's some additional info about Wisconsin. I'm sure Team Pelosi doesn't want their pants on fire along with their hair on fire because of what's going on in Wisconsin. They don't need to exaggerate; the situation is alarming enough. We don't want cheating in our elections and Georgia is having issues too. Having good info will only help us and it's my hope that we'll all be able to check info here in our posts so we'll all know more during the coming election year. :)  There is audio online now of this below.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

This is probably the most important issue in our country. Standing ovation for your sister.

the night Trump was elected and I was uncharacteristically drinking and taking pills to cope, I saw the missing votes in Milwaukee early that next morning and was horrified. Also that hangover and that reality of having to bow to trump and the Rs.

frankly I’m stunned the Dems didn’t raise hell over this and raise money and blanket the county street by street itemizing who did not vote and why.

this issue is the main reason I think trump has a real chance at reelection, and this Pelosi comment is a rarity from Dem leadership.

They are boxed into a corner by Clinton, THANKS HILARY, because she made an issue of accepting the results whatever they are, even if fraudulent. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

This is probably the most important issue in our country. Standing ovation for your sister.

the night Trump was elected and I was uncharacteristically drinking and taking pills to cope, I saw the missing votes in Milwaukee early that next morning and was horrified. Also that hangover and that reality of having to bow to trump and the Rs.

frankly I’m stunned the Dems didn’t raise hell over this and raise money and blanket the county street by street itemizing who did not vote and why.

this issue is the main reason I think trump has a real chance at reelection, and this Pelosi comment is a rarity from Dem leadership.

They are boxed into a corner by Clinton, THANKS HILARY, because she made an issue of accepting the results whatever they are, even if fraudulent. 

Excellent points, Lerxst.  Hillary did lay down rather surprisingly easily.  It's also surprising that so many people who probably would have voted for Hillary stayed home that fateful day.  Add to that the fact that even despite low voter turn out, Hillary  had more votes anyway.  The whole thing has been a travesty ever since.  2020 has to turn out differently or we're all screwed.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Excellent points, Lerxst.  Hillary did lay down rather surprisingly easily.  It's also surprising that so many people who probably would have voted for Hillary stayed home that fateful day.  Add to that the fact that even despite low voter turn out, Hillary  had more votes anyway.  The whole thing has been a travesty ever since.  2020 has to turn out differently or we're all screwed.
    But even if Wisconsin was overturned,  didn't she need PA or Michigan too?  I'm not sure it changed the the outcome
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Kat said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Thank you for posting that link, Ryme. The good news about what's going on Wisconsin is that it appears that it's possible for voters to re-register at the polls on election day, at the clerk's office or re-register online. I have to wonder why a lawsuit was brought to have voters removed immediately if it's so easy to re-register though. And why were more purge notices sent to Dem districts, those won by Hillary Clinton?

"A series of ensuing lawsuits and court actions have sought to more quickly remove these people from the voting rolls -- or delay that from happening."

Here's some additional info about Wisconsin. I'm sure Team Pelosi doesn't want their pants on fire along with their hair on fire because of what's going on in Wisconsin. They don't need to exaggerate; the situation is alarming enough. We don't want cheating in our elections and Georgia is having issues too. Having good info will only help us and it's my hope that we'll all be able to check info here in our posts so we'll all know more during the coming election year. :)  There is audio online now of this below.

I enjoy your feedback Kat!!
    Soooooo,,, If Ron Johnson hadn't been on the ballot in 2016, Hillary would've carried Wisconsin, the state that put Trump over the top.  Crazy the way that stuff works!!  Because Wisconsin republicans were very anti-Trump in the early going,(myself included) not just a little!!   You know, I follow along on this stuff daily and. I'm telling you, the Wisconsin Republican support was not there for Trump in April 2016.
    Senator Ted Cruz won Wisconsin's republican primary vote in a landslide dont forget.  Trump thought he would never have to visit Wisconsin again.
    ...AND.... Hillary yes never made a campaign stop in Wisconsin no effort,,, (Isn't that amazing?  The state that ended her bid by a very slim margin she never stopped in, oops!)  So it's no wonder that the Democratic National Convention is in Milwaukee this Time around.
    But Wisconsin elections are always razor thin.  It's always 97% know what they're doing and 3% are swing/ undecideds.  Reagan was is the last time Wisconsin went red so this was huge.  So it's always about ginning up the bass and a winning over a few swing voters.
    Being so close all the time makes Wisconsin very susceptible to voter fraud and scandalous attempts.  Every election day in Wisconsin, Wisconsin is drama-filled.  We've had Tire slashings on election day get-out-the-vote efforts.  Slashing the tires of a bus that was going to take  nursing home people to the polls, so that's funny.( I'm not stupid)  (So the nursing home bus driver was going to take a bunch of dementia
    (memory unit) patients to the poles and help them fill out their ballots right?? And, the counter attack was to slash the bus tires so the dementia patient
    (memory unit people) can't vote the way they are told to by the bus driver. =) so it goes both ways I'm not naive)  We've had canvassing problems.  We've had trunk loads of ballots show up at the last second, one half hour before the polls close, it is crazy in Wisconsin everelection night.
    Vote totals are counted immediately on Election night.   But verifying every ballot Name by name takes time, and by the time everything is certified and or tossed out the election is over .
    So that is why we enacted the voter ID law in Wisconsin, befour that there was multiple ballots voted and submitted,  by the same names numerous times.  Yes you vote, leave, come back & get in line again go around and vote again, that was happening also.  There were vacant lot addresses given, and ocupied by yes Mickey Mouse voters.  And people by the name of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pepe Le Pew, and Bugs Bunny voting in Wisconsin elections. (True Story Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck & Pepe Le Pew have all indeed voted in Wisconsin elections YES.)
    So there are problems,  yes it's something that we should all keep a very close eye on and we do what we can.

The local Democrats in Wisconsin when Scott Walker won his first election in 2010 acted much like the national Democrats did when Trump won in 2016.
    Before Scott Walker was inaugurated before his first term, plans for starting a recall started, before Scott Walker even sworn into office.  Most of you know a recall is pretty much the State's version of impeachment.  Scott Walker the first Governor ever to survive a recall election Won his recall election in 2012 by a larger margin than his first win in 2010.  Why because he didn't do anything illegal or recall Worthy the Democrats just simply hated him, and wouldn't accept defeat at The Ballot Box, does that sound similar? There was a huge battle that ensured, you should have seen it it!!  There was huge organized from out of state protesting  at the state capitol building, hippies brought their bongo drums and chanting!! "Hit the road Scott don't come back no more no more no more" and took up residency in Madison around the state capitol building defecating yes you heard that right,, shitting on the steps of the Wisconsin state Capitol building, well how did that work out for them? Well it didn't work out to well for them because Scott Walker ultimately won his recall buy a much wider margin than his original win 2010.
    Plans for Trump's impeachment began before he was sworn into office, and it's not working out too good.  Technically you're not impeached until the articles of impeachment get sent to the Senate.  So technically Trump has not been officially impeached yet.
     Anyways When one party gets voted out of power the best thing to do is regroup come up with a better strategy to win next time around, rather than trying to overturn the previous elections results. 
    Food for thought. :)  So with all due respect, rather than cry foul and try to overturn every time you lose (democrates) accept the results get back at it and try to win the next one, I believe you would have better luck that way.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

But even if Wisconsin was overturned,  didn't she need PA or Michigan too?  I'm not sure it changed the the outcome

Could be, M.

No Electoral College would have changed the outcome!

• Options
    RYME said:
    Kat said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Soooooo,,, If Ron Johnson hadn't been on the ballot in 2016, Hillary would've carried Wisconsin, the state that put Trump over the top.  Crazy the way that stuff works!!  Because Wisconsin republicans were very anti-Trump in the early going,(myself included) not just a little!!   You know, I follow along on this stuff daily and. I'm telling you, the Wisconsin Republican support was not there for Trump in April 2016.
    Senator Ted Cruz won Wisconsin's republican primary vote in a landslide dont forget.  Trump thought he would never have to visit Wisconsin again.
    ...AND.... Hillary yes never made a campaign stop in Wisconsin no effort,,, (Isn't that amazing?  The state that ended her bid by a very slim margin she never stopped in, oops!)  So it's no wonder that the Democratic National Convention is in Milwaukee this Time around.
    But Wisconsin elections are always razor thin.  It's always 97% know what they're doing and 3% are swing/ undecideds.  Reagan was is the last time Wisconsin went red so this was huge.  So it's always about ginning up the bass and a winning over a few swing voters.
    Being so close all the time makes Wisconsin very susceptible to voter fraud and scandalous attempts.  Every election day in Wisconsin, Wisconsin is drama-filled.  We've had Tire slashings on election day get-out-the-vote efforts.  Slashing the tires of a bus that was going to take  nursing home people to the polls, so that's funny.( I'm not stupid)  (So the nursing home bus driver was going to take a bunch of dementia
    (memory unit) patients to the poles and help them fill out their ballots right?? And, the counter attack was to slash the bus tires so the dementia patient
    (memory unit people) can't vote the way they are told to by the bus driver. =) so it goes both ways I'm not naive)  We've had canvassing problems.  We've had trunk loads of ballots show up at the last second, one half hour before the polls close, it is crazy in Wisconsin everelection night.
    Vote totals are counted immediately on Election night.   But verifying every ballot Name by name takes time, and by the time everything is certified and or tossed out the election is over .
    So that is why we enacted the voter ID law in Wisconsin, befour that there was multiple ballots voted and submitted,  by the same names numerous times.  Yes you vote, leave, come back & get in line again go around and vote again, that was happening also.  There were vacant lot addresses given, and ocupied by yes Mickey Mouse voters.  And people by the name of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pepe Le Pew, and Bugs Bunny voting in Wisconsin elections. (True Story Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck & Pepe Le Pew have all indeed voted in Wisconsin elections YES.)
    So there are problems,  yes it's something that we should all keep a very close eye on and we do what we can.

The local Democrats in Wisconsin when Scott Walker won his first election in 2010 acted much like the national Democrats did when Trump won in 2016.
    Before Scott Walker was inaugurated before his first term, plans for starting a recall started, before Scott Walker even sworn into office.  Most of you know a recall is pretty much the State's version of impeachment.  Scott Walker the first Governor ever to survive a recall election Won his recall election in 2012 by a larger margin than his first win in 2010.  Why because he didn't do anything illegal or recall Worthy the Democrats just simply hated him, and wouldn't accept defeat at The Ballot Box, does that sound similar? There was a huge battle that ensured, you should have seen it it!!  There was huge organized from out of state protesting  at the state capitol building, hippies brought their bongo drums and chanting!! "Hit the road Scott don't come back no more no more no more" and took up residency in Madison around the state capitol building defecating yes you heard that right,, shitting on the steps of the Wisconsin state Capitol building, well how did that work out for them? Well it didn't work out to well for them because Scott Walker ultimately won his recall buy a much wider margin than his original win 2010.
    Plans for Trump's impeachment began before he was sworn into office, and it's not working out too good.  Technically you're not impeached until the articles of impeachment get sent to the Senate.  So technically Trump has not been officially impeached yet.
     Anyways When one party gets voted out of power the best thing to do is regroup come up with a better strategy to win next time around, rather than trying to overturn the previous elections results. 
    Food for thought. :)  So with all due respect, rather than cry foul and try to overturn every time you lose (democrates) accept the results get back at it and try to win the next one, I believe you would have better luck that way.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Kat said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Yea, you know English and the messiah. Or is it Messi? Like verbal diharrea.Buuuuuurppppp, splaaaaaTttt,shiiiiirrrrtttt, plop! Don’t forget to flush 10-30, maybe 40 times. Big DUMP.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Ok mr, let’s do Michigan next.

Detroit,  wayne county had significant 2016 irregularities, so bad they could not do a recount or examine results.

Given these irregularities, Rs somehow managed to increase their votes by 7% but Dems lost 13%. At the time IIRC the state was controlled by Rs so Wayne county had little power to review what happened. Damn that voting rights act that Roberts overturned. No voting problems here, right?

Lets take a guess that in a majority black county the black voters were purged from the rolls but somehow given this purge the Rs found 7% more votes?

Did this issue, state #2 in our analysis, get any national media attention? 

BTW the +7 Rs and -13% Dems equated to about 118,000 missing D votes if we are to assume the R +7 is accurate 2012 to 2016. And Michigan was only total 10,000 votes for trump.

its funny how the media tells us it was all about rural America voting for trump that turned the election , but in reality it was Detroit and Milwaukee? 

Edit, without projecting 7% more D votes, the raw votes for Detroit county was,

the Rs found 15k more votes and the Ds lost 77,000 votes 2012 to 2016.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

This Detroit article makes it sound like too many blacks showed up to vote in that city in 2016.

given that their vote totals went down by 77000, does this sound legitimate?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Detroit,  wayne county had significant 2016 irregularities, so bad they could not do a recount or examine results.

Given these irregularities, Rs somehow managed to increase their votes by 7% but Dems lost 13%. At the time IIRC the state was controlled by Rs so Wayne county had little power to review what happened. Damn that voting rights act that Roberts overturned. No voting problems here, right?

Lets take a guess that in a majority black county the black voters were purged from the rolls but somehow given this purge the Rs found 7% more votes?

BTW the +7 Rs and -13% Dems equated to about 118,000 missing D votes if we are to assume the R +7 is accurate 2012 to 2016. And Michigan was only total 10,000 votes for trump.

its funny how the media tells us it was all about rural America voting for trump that turned the election , but in reality it was Detroit and Milwaukee? 

Crazy....I suspected something like this but it didn't seem like it had legs.  Is it possible that fewer blacks showed up to vote in 2016?  It seems like we definitely would have heard if people were showing up to vote and they were told that they couldn't.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Crazy....I suspected something like this but it didn't seem like it had legs.  Is it possible that fewer blacks showed up to vote in 2016?  It seems like we definitely would have heard if people were showing up to vote and they were told that they couldn't.
    My understanding that it was surge in turnout in rural areas and lower voting than '16 in the cities.  Certainly there was a concerted effort on behalf of Russia and other bad actors to depress turnout through social media.  At the end of the day, I don't see how Clinton could reasonably refuse to concede the election based on depressed numbers, and it probably took several weeks to even know that level of detail.  
  • Options
    You need to read the intelligence assessment of what and how Putin on the ritz meddled in the 2016 elections and understand the impact that it had. Read the raw report and follow that up with reading some great reporting on it by experts in the field. It’s not too difficult to then understand why certain vote totals went up/down in certain states/districts. But then again, social media doesn’t influence anything, particularly elections.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    it’s a pretty cool looking cave.  next time hold the fundraiser at fast food restaurant.  Like White Castle.  I can’t see that backfiring. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Good article.  I'm so tired of the demonization that the Warren and Sanders team engages in, when they are richer than 99.5% of Americans.  Pisses me off.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Good article.  I'm so tired of the demonization that the Warren and Sanders team engages in, when they are richer than 99.5% of Americans.  Pisses me off.  
    It's beyond ridiculous. And another thing that I found ridiculous was this attempt to talk down on Pete because he's, as Klobachar said, just a "local official." Newsflash, Amy, the fact that he's NOT one of you Washington lifers is one of the reasons why I'd vote for him in the primary if I was a democrat. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,128
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    It sucks. But it’s how trump won and it’s how sanders got big in the first place. Find your demon and tell everyone everything is their fault. 

Pete deserves better than what the Democratic Party is becoming. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    It sucks. But it’s how trump won and it’s how sanders got big in the first place. Find your demon and tell everyone everything is their fault. 

The polls don't show it's what the Dems are becoming, just some of the louder ones.  At least there isn't a full out takeover by a corrupt POS like the GOP.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

The polls don't show it's what the Dems are becoming, just some of the louder ones.  At least there isn't a full out takeover by a corrupt POS like the GOP.  
    it twitter.  and other antisocial media.

then traditional media picks up the chatter and preessents it as news....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

They should focus their attention on the indicted president who is still runs his mouth daily on Twitter and is still making day to day operating decisions.

Can't this fucker be placed on some sort of house arrest?  Maybe pause his evil powers until we figure this shit out? 

He has been charged with crimes against the US Constitution, right?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah, Warren's "billionaires in wine caves will pick the next president" thing pretty much did her in as far as I'm concerned.  Bad move, Liz.  I like Pete!

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited December 2019
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

They should focus their attention on the indicted president who is still runs his mouth daily on Twitter and is still making day to day operating decisions.

Can't this fucker be placed on some sort of house arrest?  Maybe pause his evil powers until we figure this shit out? 

He has been charged with crimes against the US Constitution, right?
    No they shouldn't. The whole "Trump is awful and you shouldn't vote for him" argument, while correct, didn't work for the Dems in 2016. I know there's a lot of people (certainly yourself, most people here, and most democrats around the country) that will vote for the democrat no matter who it is. But that's not how everyone is. The Dems aren't going win independents and Trump-hating republicans by just reminding them how bad Trump is. They already know that. They need a reason to get behind the democratic nominee based on that person and what they bring to the table, not based on Trump. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

it twitter.  and other antisocial media.

then traditional media picks up the chatter and preessents it as news....
    That's exactly it.  Although in the last six months, I think MSNBC and some other sources have figured that out and are not amplifying these voices like they were before.  Once they saw how the polls were actually shaking out, it was obvious that the voices were disproportionately loud compared to the actual influence.  
This discussion has been closed.