Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    nvm
    Smartest thing you said all day
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I can't for the life of me understand why people are re-arguing the old tale of Joe Biden being a creepy neck sniffer when we have waaayyyyy bigger serious election issues that could bring us four more years of Trump. I can't even stand the thought if November being delayed. Not one day. I will drive every old person in my precinct with a mask on to the handicapped drive up voting station if I have to. This is scarier to me than covid, an economic collapse -- that Trump keeps himself in office by conveniently declaring marshal law come the fall. The scoundrels in the Republican party will use this to their advantage, it's the only thing we can count on. I don't see how it can go any other way.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I can't for the life of me understand why people are re-arguing the old tale of Joe Biden being a creepy neck sniffer when we have waaayyyyy bigger serious election issues that could bring us four more years of Trump. I can't even stand the thought if November being delayed. Not one day. I will drive every old person in my precinct with a mask on to the handicapped drive up voting station if I have to. This is scarier to me than covid, an economic collapse -- that Trump keeps himself in office by conveniently declaring marshal law come the fall. The scoundrels in the Republican party will use this to their advantage, it's the only thing we can count on. I don't see how it can go any other way.
    We had elections in 1864 and throughout WWII. I don't think the lockdown will last even into the summer regardless. I'm not super worried about a cancelled election.  The House would never allow such a thing and I really don't think the Senate would either.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    CM189191 said:
    nvm
    Your pointless attitude problems. zzz.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I can’t believe people don’t think Trump will roast Biden.  I’m worried for the debates.  Trump might be a reprobate but he has charisma and a level of confidence much higher than it should be.  Biden better pick a great VP.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Rising exclusive: Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade speaks out

Former staffer for Joe Biden Tara Reade recounts her experience from the 1990s with then-Senator Joe Biden including inappropriate touching, and her denial of legal resources from the #MeToo organization Time's Up.

https://youtu.be/ZmVUQ7ii3_4

Anyone seen Jacob Wohl lately?
    Let's see the receipts lady.  Testify, be deposed.  Enough with the media, put up or shut up.
    While we're at it, let's see all her travel, bank, phone and text records for the last couple years. 
    Prove you haven't been put up to this stunt by some low-life GOP operative.  
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Maybe Woody Allen can direct the Joe Biden biopic.
    With Weinstein producing, they will be sure to get some oscar nominations. 
    So wait,  the article in the Intercept yesterday said he sexually assaulted her, which was different than the charge in 2019 when she said he touched the back if her neck.  So what does this allegation say?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, it’s a whisper campaign.
    Smeariously. 
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    So wait,  the article in the Intercept yesterday said he sexually assaulted her, which was different than the charge in 2019 when she said he touched the back if her neck.  So what does this allegation say?
    Smeariously. 
    Like Kavanaugh was smeared?
    Did Kavanaugh’s accuser reluctantly testify under oath in televised hearings? Did you watch those hearings? Did she come across as believable? Has Sleepy “woke” Joe’s accuser been deposed under oath, given a sworn statement or otherwise filed criminal charges? Was Kavanaugh smeared?

Joe Biden: When a woman alleges sexual assault, presume she is telling the truth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joe-biden-when-a-woman-alleges-sexual-assault-presume-she-is-telling-the-truth/2018/09/17/7718c532-badd-11e8-a8aa-860695e7f3fc_story.html

Why aren't you answering my question? Is she accusing him of assault?
    Sorry, must have missed your post in the whirlwind of Biden defending.

Yes.
    Why do we think that in 2019 she accused Biden of 'inappropriate touching' when he allegedly touched the back of his neck in 1993?  And now in 2020, she has a new accusation of sexual assault.  Doesn't that strike you as unusual?
    This is brought up in the article:

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/

And here is the interview where the question of sexual assault or not is answered. Some damn fine Meryl Streep level acting just to smear a good man who has never touched anyone inappropriate.

That doesn't explain why in 2019 she told the Union that it was inappropriate touching, not mentioning sexual assault. 
    It's touched on in paragraph 2 and 6. 

Don't know anything more than that. 

But do you remember when Chris took her friends back to her old home in Crystal Lake? And Shelly brought his hockeymask to scare people with? And not even her old boyfriend knows why she left that place? Then somewhere in act 2 she tells him the full truth about being attacked by a deformed man in the woods a few years prior?

Why didn't Chris tell Rick the full truth from the beginning?

I have not walked in Chris shoes. So I do not know. But I do know that she finally had to confront her past, and confront the man who attacked her - now wearing Shellys hockeymask.

Yes that's about 'inappropriate touching'.  Accusing someone of sexual assault is a statutory crime, requiring jail time and registration as a sex offender.  There's an ocean between touching someone's neck and sexual assault. 
    What is about inappropriate touching?
    The paragraphs and accusation that you linked to.
    Paragraph #2

Paragraåh #6

I read that as in 1993.  Are you saying she didn't feel 'safe' in 2019 doing that?
    ;Maybe I am connecting it all wrong, but it says:

After she saw an episode of the ABC show “The View,” in which most of the panelists stood up for Biden and attacked Flores as politically motivated, Reade decided that she had no choice but to come forward and support Flores. She gave an interview to a local reporter, describing several instances in which Biden had behaved similarly toward her, inappropriately touching her during her early-’90s tenure in his Senate office. In that first interview, she decided to tell a piece of the story, she said, that matched what had happened to Flores 

The View was not on the air in 1993.
    I understand what you mean.  I'm sorry, I'm not necessarily buying it.  If you were sexually assaulted, why wouldn't you quit, at the least?  I believe she stayed on quite a while and according to the previous story, she only quit because she was asked to serve drinks, leading to a fight with a staff. So being asked to serve drinks is all you can stand, but not being raped?  And then she comes out in 2019 and only tells the most innocuous part?  But now a year later it's rape.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    I can’t believe people don’t think Trump will roast Biden.  I’m worried for the debates.  Trump might be a reprobate but he has charisma and a level of confidence much higher than it should be.  Biden better pick a great VP.
    Who says you have to debate?  And why would we think the debate will move numbers for very long, if at all?  It never happened in the D primary. 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mrussel1 said:
    We had elections in 1864 and throughout WWII. I don't think the lockdown will last even into the summer regardless. I'm not super worried about a cancelled election.  The House would never allow such a thing and I really don't think the Senate would either.  
    I'm concerned about turnout. I'm concerned about all sorts of shady shit going on just to get people on the down ballot. I'm concerned about trying to hold a nominating convention in July with Sanders refusing to concede. It's not 1864 when only the white, male, landed gentry could vote. People during WWII weren't trying depose a charlatan FDR. This is absolutely something the parties need to get serious about.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Who says you have to debate?  And why would we think the debate will move numbers for very long, if at all?  It never happened in the D primary. 
    So we expect people like undecided swing voters to just blindly come out of the woodwork and support Biden with no public appearances or Debates? When was the last time there were no debates.? Not to mention The Donald isn’t gonna keep the muzzle on for long.  It’s only a matter of time before he and Hannity etc start the grinding of Biden.  I hope Biden can take the heat.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    So we expect people like undecided swing voters to just blindly come out of the woodwork and support Biden with no public appearances or Debates? When was the last time there were no debates.? Not to mention The Donald isn’t gonna keep the muzzle on for long.  It’s only a matter of time before he and Hannity etc start the grinding of Biden.  I hope Biden can take the heat.
    72 I think.   But I personally think they're useless and have been very critical of them and the format on these pages. .  The skills needed to effectively debate are useless in real world of being a president.  It's simply a zinger contest. 
  • Options
    I'd much prefer a sit down with a real journalist. 
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    nvm
    Your pointless attitude problems. zzz.
    You'll get over it
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'd much prefer a sit down with a real journalist. 
    That would be nice. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    72 I think.   But I personally think they're useless and have been very critical of them and the format on these pages. .  The skills needed to effectively debate are useless in real world of being a president.  It's simply a zinger contest. 
    Agreed. Everything Trump says is a lie.  Biden has nothing to gain by debating Trump. Biden should just give interviews and press releases: 'Here's why Trump it's a moron and here's my plan for XYZ'. Don't give Trump the opportunity to respond with soundbites in realtime. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Former staffer for Joe Biden Tara Reade recounts her experience from the 1990s with then-Senator Joe Biden including inappropriate touching, and her denial of legal resources from the #MeToo organization Time's Up.

Let's see the receipts lady.  Testify, be deposed.  Enough with the media, put up or shut up.
    While we're at it, let's see all her travel, bank, phone and text records for the last couple years. 
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Smeariously. 
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Smeariously. 
    Did Kavanaugh’s accuser reluctantly testify under oath in televised hearings? Did you watch those hearings? Did she come across as believable? Has Sleepy “woke” Joe’s accuser been deposed under oath, given a sworn statement or otherwise filed criminal charges? Was Kavanaugh smeared?

Joe Biden: When a woman alleges sexual assault, presume she is telling the truth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joe-biden-when-a-woman-alleges-sexual-assault-presume-she-is-telling-the-truth/2018/09/17/7718c532-badd-11e8-a8aa-860695e7f3fc_story.html

Yes.
    Why do we think that in 2019 she accused Biden of 'inappropriate touching' when he allegedly touched the back of his neck in 1993?  And now in 2020, she has a new accusation of sexual assault.  Doesn't that strike you as unusual?

And here is the interview where the question of sexual assault or not is answered. Some damn fine Meryl Streep level acting just to smear a good man who has never touched anyone inappropriate.

That doesn't explain why in 2019 she told the Union that it was inappropriate touching, not mentioning sexual assault. 

But do you remember when Chris took her friends back to her old home in Crystal Lake? And Shelly brought his hockeymask to scare people with? And not even her old boyfriend knows why she left that place? Then somewhere in act 2 she tells him the full truth about being attacked by a deformed man in the woods a few years prior?

I have not walked in Chris shoes. So I do not know. But I do know that she finally had to confront her past, and confront the man who attacked her - now wearing Shellys hockeymask.

Yes that's about 'inappropriate touching'.  Accusing someone of sexual assault is a statutory crime, requiring jail time and registration as a sex offender.  There's an ocean between touching someone's neck and sexual assault. 
    Paragraph #2

Paragraåh #6

I read that as in 1993.  Are you saying she didn't feel 'safe' in 2019 doing that?

After she saw an episode of the ABC show “The View,” in which most of the panelists stood up for Biden and attacked Flores as politically motivated, Reade decided that she had no choice but to come forward and support Flores. She gave an interview to a local reporter, describing several instances in which Biden had behaved similarly toward her, inappropriately touching her during her early-’90s tenure in his Senate office. In that first interview, she decided to tell a piece of the story, she said, that matched what had happened to Flores 

I understand what you mean.  I'm sorry, I'm not necessarily buying it.  If you were sexually assaulted, why wouldn't you quit, at the least?  I believe she stayed on quite a while and according to the previous story, she only quit because she was asked to serve drinks, leading to a fight with a staff. So being asked to serve drinks is all you can stand, but not being raped?  And then she comes out in 2019 and only tells the most innocuous part?  But now a year later it's rape.  
    This comes of as things the old white dudes (including Biden) could have said during that Anita Hill hearing... 

Questioning why sexual assault survivors don't deal with their experiences, in this one way you think they should?

Can you really not see why someone could experience something, but still stay at the job? Are you really not on the level to understand that? Come on man.

I have a relative who stayed on a job for years, being psychologically tormented by her boss. Broken down year after year. WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST LEAVE?! NO MORE CHRISTMAS CARDS IF YOU GONNA SHOW THAT LACK OF BACKBONE MISS!

More on this from yahoo:

Reade’s accusation has opened up discourse on social media about why the mainstream media is ignoring the story. “I don’t understand why the extremely serious sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden are not getting significant attention outside of left media,” tweeted Vox Senior Correspondent Zack Beauchamp.

There were no witnesses to Reade’s assault, but she told The Intercept that she’d spoken to a close friend, as well as her brother, at the time of the alleged assault, and both have confirmed this with The Intercept. Reade said Thursday morning on Rising on Hill TV Live that she’s waited so long to speak publicly about what happened because she was afraid of retaliation, and also because back then she “didn’t have the framework” to understand what had happened to her.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-211641946.html

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Reminder just popped on my phone. What time should I leave?

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Reminder just popped on my phone. What time should I leave?

Yeah, I am catching the train down in the morning.  Stoked for the show!
    :lol:

Dammit.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Smeariously. 
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Smeariously. 

Yes.

Paragraph #2

Paragraåh #6

This comes of as things the old white dudes (including Biden) could have said during that Anita Hill hearing... 

Questioning why sexual assault survivors don't deal with their experiences, in this one way you think they should?

Can you really not see why someone could experience something, but still stay at the job? Are you really not on the level to understand that? Come on man.

I have a relative who stayed on a job for years, being psychologically tormented by her boss. Broken down year after year. WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST LEAVE?! NO MORE CHRISTMAS CARDS IF YOU GONNA SHOW THAT LACK OF BACKBONE MISS!

More on this from yahoo:

Reade’s accusation has opened up discourse on social media about why the mainstream media is ignoring the story. “I don’t understand why the extremely serious sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden are not getting significant attention outside of left media,” tweeted Vox Senior Correspondent Zack Beauchamp.

There were no witnesses to Reade’s assault, but she told The Intercept that she’d spoken to a close friend, as well as her brother, at the time of the alleged assault, and both have confirmed this with The Intercept. Reade said Thursday morning on Rising on Hill TV Live that she’s waited so long to speak publicly about what happened because she was afraid of retaliation, and also because back then she “didn’t have the framework” to understand what had happened to her.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-211641946.html

Special counsel Robert Mueller accuses opponents of offering women money to make ‘false claims’ about him
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    CM189191 said:
    She is not accusing Biden of barely "touching her neck", but I get what you and your twitter-friend are doing.

Some women also wear short skirts. 

Might be hard for some to comprehend, but in neither case it takes away from the possibility of them having been raped.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    She is not accusing Biden of barely "touching her neck", but I get what you and your twitter-friend are doing.

Might be hard for some to comprehend, but in neither case it takes away from the possibility of them having been raped.

Speaking of Twitter friends, who's pushing the narrative? Where did it come from?

• Options
    CM189191 said:

Russia likes to Target people with insurmountable debt.  See also : Kavanaugh & Trump
  • Options

A sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden has ignited a firestorm of controversy

A woman says Biden assaulted her in 1993. Now #TimesUpBiden is trending.

One of them was Tara Reade, who said Biden used to “put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck” when she worked in his Senate office in 1993.

Reade now says there was more to her experience with Biden. In an interview with podcast host Katie Halper, which aired Wednesday, Reade says Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall and penetrating her with his fingers. When she pulled away, she says, he said he thought she “liked” him.

/.../

Biden’s campaign on Friday denied Reade’s allegation. “Women have a right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims,” deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said in a statement to media. “We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186

A sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden has ignited a firestorm of controversy

One of them was Tara Reade, who said Biden used to “put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck” when she worked in his Senate office in 1993.

Reade now says there was more to her experience with Biden. In an interview with podcast host Katie Halper, which aired Wednesday, Reade says Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall and penetrating her with his fingers. When she pulled away, she says, he said he thought she “liked” him.

/.../

Biden’s campaign on Friday denied Reade’s allegation. “Women have a right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims,” deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said in a statement to media. “We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false.”

Oddly it hasn't garnered very much attention at all here in the states, the media must have not been granted approval to run with it. Funny how that works sometimes.
  • Options
    JW269453 said:

/.../

Oddly it hasn't garnered very much attention at all here in the states, the media must have not been granted approval to run with it. Funny how that works sometimes.
    Occam's razor : maybe the media knows it's a bullshit smear campaign.  You seriously don't think they would be all over this? 
  • Options
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186
    edited March 2020
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

/.../

Occam's razor : maybe the media knows it's a bullshit smear campaign.  You seriously don't think they would be all over this? 
    Dangerous to so easily dismiss a women coming forward with these types of allegations. Not very Democratic for sure. Our media thinks it’s important to share what a celebrity wears while getting their morning coffee...this seems more like a don’t say anything situation considering it involves a man running for president.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    nvm
  • Options
    nvm
    2 for 2!
  • Options
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

/.../

Dangerous to so easily dismiss a women coming forward with these types of allegations. Not very Democratic for sure. Our media thinks it’s important to share what a celebrity wears while getting their morning coffee...this seems more like a don’t say anything situation considering it involves a man running for president.

Media != Allegations

She can testify, it be deposed.  She can legally compel Biden to respond.  That's an allegation. 

I'll wait
This discussion has been closed.