Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,962
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

David Crosby, who has been feuding with his CSNY band mates, addressed the possibility of a reunion in the penultimate installment of Osiris’ Freak Flag Flying podcast. “If Neil (Young) calls me up and says ‘listen, we’ve got to do some gigs … now that Elizabeth Warren is our candidate we’ve got to do some gigs for her in battleground states, what do you think?’ I’d say ‘what time does the bus leave?,’” David noted. “I’d work it out, I don’t care if [Graham] Nash likes me or not. The purpose would exceed all of that.”

“Comes a time when we all have to set aside our differences for the common good. I believe CSNY have a role to play in saving the country we love. Your support of the Democratic candidate for president would help unite us. Save our country,” wrote a NYA subscriber. “For the common good! Anything is possible,”

Great idea, it sure worked for well for Hillary having all sorts of musicians campaign for her 2016....The BOSS, Jon Bon Jovi, Beyoncé and Jazi, Lady Gaga, J-Lo, to name a few off the top of my head.   Oh these Democrats are the gift that keeps on giving.  They will never learn that most people go to concerts for a release on their complicated lives for a few hours, not be lectured by out of touch wealthy artists.... I am sure EV will have plenty to say in coming months unfortunately for those who just want to Rock!!!   

CSNY is a whole different thing.  Anyone who has followed them all these long years knows that.  You can set that in stone.
    brianlux said:

David Crosby, who has been feuding with his CSNY band mates, addressed the possibility of a reunion in the penultimate installment of Osiris’ Freak Flag Flying podcast. “If Neil (Young) calls me up and says ‘listen, we’ve got to do some gigs … now that Elizabeth Warren is our candidate we’ve got to do some gigs for her in battleground states, what do you think?’ I’d say ‘what time does the bus leave?,’” David noted. “I’d work it out, I don’t care if [Graham] Nash likes me or not. The purpose would exceed all of that.”

“Comes a time when we all have to set aside our differences for the common good. I believe CSNY have a role to play in saving the country we love. Your support of the Democratic candidate for president would help unite us. Save our country,” wrote a NYA subscriber. “For the common good! Anything is possible,”

Great idea, it sure worked for well for Hillary having all sorts of musicians campaign for her 2016....The BOSS, Jon Bon Jovi, Beyoncé and Jazi, Lady Gaga, J-Lo, to name a few off the top of my head.   Oh these Democrats are the gift that keeps on giving.  They will never learn that most people go to concerts for a release on their complicated lives for a few hours, not be lectured by out of touch wealthy artists.... I am sure EV will have plenty to say in coming months unfortunately for those who just want to Rock!!!   

CSNY is a whole different thing.  Anyone who has followed them all these long years knows that.  You can set that in stone.
    Ya, well they say about The Boss as well....How’d that turn out???
    Perhaps Progressive Activist David Crosby drank himself through another liver,  Bankrupt  again and needs to get on “ A Cause” to become relevant again to make that $$$.....what a role model and lovely person he is...

What a disgusting comment.
    It is.

But thinking CSNY will save the election is beyond comical.

I think the idea was more to lend support than to save it.  Anything that helps is welcome, no?
    After 2004 I m not a fan of musicians getting involved with elections.   

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Really looking forward to this tonight..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Perhaps Progressive Activist David Crosby drank himself through another liver,  Bankrupt  again and needs to get on “ A Cause” to become relevant again to make that $$$.....what a role model and lovely person he is...

It is.

I think the idea was more to lend support than to save it.  Anything that helps is welcome, no?
    After 2004 I m not a fan of musicians getting involved with elections.   

OH come on, not even Nugent?  :lol:  

No, I get it.  Even Neil Young himself when questioned about activism and such said, "I'm a musician first."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

It is.

True.  Honestly, I'm somewhat leery of anyone who claims they can "save the world, the planet", etc.

I tend to picture this fella:

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    Captain Hindsight is the only hero for our times..

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mrussel1 said:
    Captain Hindsight is the only hero for our times..

=)
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,945
    edited February 2020
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I never knew Godfather had a twin sister.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172

That’s pretty funny considering Neil endorsed Sanders, not Warren 

Neil Young calls Trump a 'disgrace,' backs Bernie for president

• Options
    Warren manages to insult four candidates in one sentence.  That's not easy to do. 
  • Options
    Bloomberg is floundering. He’s not ready.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Warren is killing him
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    edited February 2020
    Amy is awful. Just fucking awful. Looked like she was going to cry at one point too lol 

Warren is neutering Bloomberg. Not sure if she’ll benefit much from it, but it may hurt him some. 

Biden’s doing pretty well. Especially with all the focus on Bloomberg. He can just sit back and attack him when the opportunity presents itself. 

Pretty par-for-the-course performances by Pete and Bernie so far. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

No non-disclosure clauses needed there. Very transparent!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    This is entertaining.Mexican moderator.comes out of right field and throws Amy under a bus..ouch..Bloomberg is done.Warren having a good night. Sanders is Sanders.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    This is entertaining.Mexican moderator.comes out of right field and throws Amy under a bus..ouch..Bloomberg is done.Warren having a good night. Sanders is Sanders.
    Sorry, Bloomberg isn't done.  A fraction watches these and he'll still own the media.  

I stopped watching but Pete seems solid as usual. He takes the Petty insults in stride. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Sorry, Bloomberg isn't done.  A fraction watches these and he'll still own the media.  

I stopped watching but Pete seems solid as usual. He takes the Petty insults in stride. 
    He’s half their age and seems twice as mature at times. Like I’ve been saying, won’t happen this year, but a decade from now, watch out for him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

He’s half their age and seems twice as mature at times. Like I’ve been saying, won’t happen this year, but a decade from now, watch out for him. 
    I'm not ready to give up.  The problem he has is that he won't be a senator in Indiana.  I'm not sure where he would go from here. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not ready to give up.  The problem he has is that he won't be a senator in Indiana.  I'm not sure where he would go from here. 
    Maybe a cabinet position, assuming there’s ever a Democrat president again lol

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172
    Proof Trump is sticking around another 4 years.

In the Trump era, does it really matter? He's grabbing crotches and walking in girls locker rooms and Warren cares about NDAs?

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    Bloomberg is so fucking lost 
    Another old coot who stammers through shit.  (And he knew he would get some of these questions, beyond a doubt.  Embarrassed for him/whomever was meant to prepare him.  What a shit showing )
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,797
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I was thinking they were related
  • Options
    Bloomberg ad during debate..lol..anybody else do that yet?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    “Are you saying I’m dumb, Pete?”

”Sorry I’m not perfect like you, Pete.”

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

:lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    I taped it, watching now. Warren and Pete starting off well
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Was it a debate or a shouting match?  Why my tinnitus elevated might be a clue, haha.  I guess that was the strategy- yell and fight.

Did anybody catch what the hecklers at the end were hollering about?  That was interesting.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    I’m only 40 minutes in but Bloomberg has been awful. Lots of people cheering on warrens attacks of Bloomberg,..Personally I think she has been meh. Sounds like bernies lap dog 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I’m only 40 minutes in but Bloomberg has been awful. Lots of people cheering on warrens attacks of Bloomberg,..Personally I think she has been meh. Sounds like bernies lap dog 

Bloomberg did better the second half but overall he tanked.

I used to think highly of Warren but lately she's been trying to take the tough fighter stance and it doesn't work well for her.  By the end of the "match" she was out of breath and almost horse voiced. 
    Post edited by brianlux on

This discussion has been closed.