Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    Got the last one at all the Reckless' Chicago. Finally, the hunt is over!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,838
    ^^^its never over!!!!!
  • Options
    Mikey DMikey D Waltham, MA Posts: 9
    Managed to grab one at bullmoose in Salem, NH.  They had 3 in stock as of yesterday and held one for me.  Checking the website and it looks like they're out of stock now.  Limited availability in Portsmouth, Sanford, Keene, Scarborough and Lewiston for those in NH / Maine.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    rasputincampbellAnyone looking for that Pearl Jam MTV unplugged RSD black Friday exclusive we got em! $22.99 #pearljam #recordstoreday #blackfriday #rasputinmusic #mtv #unplugged #mtvunplugged #pearljamvinyl

• Options
    ChrisdM said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:
    Has anyone got theirs from the Estonian store that was recommended a couple of weeks ago?
    I contacted them and was told "We just got information from our supplier that a new batch is in the making".
    I don't know how to take that. Is their supplier making bootlegs? or are they aware of a new pressing? or neither, and is just a miscommunication.
    If you mean CDMarket (with a musex.eu email address).  They just kept changing the estimated time from the supplier so I asked for an update but didn't get a strong feeling from them.  I got concerned that they never shut down the link to add more to your cart, meaning they could have literally sold thousands of these, and are sitting on thousands of Paypal dollars, so I've cancelled. 

PS.  The link still will allow you buy some.  There's no way they'll fulfill everything that was ordered.  
    Agreed.
    If I do end up with one from them, I have the feeling it will be a bootleg. :)
    Does not look very hopeful then. I will hang on for a while longer though. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    petted101 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:
    Has anyone got theirs from the Estonian store that was recommended a couple of weeks ago?
    I contacted them and was told "We just got information from our supplier that a new batch is in the making".
    I don't know how to take that. Is their supplier making bootlegs? or are they aware of a new pressing? or neither, and is just a miscommunication.
    If you mean CDMarket (with a musex.eu email address).  They just kept changing the estimated time from the supplier so I asked for an update but didn't get a strong feeling from them.  I got concerned that they never shut down the link to add more to your cart, meaning they could have literally sold thousands of these, and are sitting on thousands of Paypal dollars, so I've cancelled. 

PS.  The link still will allow you buy some.  There's no way they'll fulfill everything that was ordered.  
    Agreed.
    Does not look very hopeful then. I will hang on for a while longer though. Thanks everyone.
    Not looking good, indeed. I also ordered a copy December 1st, and today CDMarket sent this email (I guess to everyone who ordered a copy from them):
    "Hello dear Pearl Jam lovers! 

Thank You all for ordering MTV Unplugged LP from us! 

We'd like to inform You about the reason why this item hasn't reached You still. Sony Music made pre-order for it and so did we. There were huge amount of orders and they promised to fulfill the orders in 15 days, as we promised to You. Now they answered that we will get 5 (!?) copies this year and rest they will send in the beginning of next year. We were very sad to hear it and now we inform You about this. It seems that they didn't expect such a big interest of Perl Jam listeners and pressed much smaller quantity or something. 

We apologize once again and ask You not to be angry at us, we wait this vinyl as much as You do! 

Have a nice Holidays and we will inform You immediately if there will be any kind of update!

CD Market team"

I wonder what "Sony Music made pre-order for it" actually means? Ordering a number of copies from the plant? Wasn't that number supposed to be 13.000? One thing very shady about CDMarket is that, incredibly, they still have MTV Unplugged up for sale on their site (and slightly discounted too). Any sane person would put it as "out of stock" at this point. I grabbed a copy from Discogs for 43 euro (including shipping), and once I receive it, I will probably cancel the CDMarket order. Even if they will receive more copies next year, no way they will be able to fulfill all orders.
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    petted101 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:

Agreed.
    Not looking good, indeed. I also ordered a copy December 1st, and today CDMarket sent this email (I guess to everyone who ordered a copy from them):

We'd like to inform You about the reason why this item hasn't reached You still. Sony Music made pre-order for it and so did we. There were huge amount of orders and they promised to fulfill the orders in 15 days, as we promised to You. Now they answered that we will get 5 (!?) copies this year and rest they will send in the beginning of next year. We were very sad to hear it and now we inform You about this. It seems that they didn't expect such a big interest of Perl Jam listeners and pressed much smaller quantity or something. 

We apologize once again and ask You not to be angry at us, we wait this vinyl as much as You do! 

Have a nice Holidays and we will inform You immediately if there will be any kind of update!

CD Market team"

I wonder what "Sony Music made pre-order for it" actually means? Ordering a number of copies from the plant? Wasn't that number supposed to be 13.000? One thing very shady about CDMarket is that, incredibly, they still have MTV Unplugged up for sale on their site (and slightly discounted too). Any sane person would put it as "out of stock" at this point. I grabbed a copy from Discogs for 43 euro (including shipping), and once I receive it, I will probably cancel the CDMarket order. Even if they will receive more copies next year, no way they will be able to fulfill all orders.
    I got the same email.
    I plan to cancel my order.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:

Agreed.

CD Market team"

I got the same email.
    Haven’t gotten an email, but I told them to cancel my order and refund me. If I don’t hear back within 24 hrs I’ll request a refund thru PayPal.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options

Weird I didn't get any email notification from them when they got some in stock. 
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    demetrios said:

Weird I didn't get any email notification from them when they got some in stock. 
    Same here. Seems like that ‘restock email’ is more a way of putting you on their newsletter list.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 853
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,232
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    bone said:
    ChrisdM said:
    petted101 said:

Agreed.

CD Market team"

I got the same email.
    Haven’t gotten an email, but I told them to cancel my order and refund me. If I don’t hear back within 24 hrs I’ll request a refund thru PayPal.
    Good call.  I emailed them on the 13th as I managed to order one through 10c.  They emailed me back saying to hold on longer as they were still expecting copies.   Given that copies were finding their way around I figured why not.  Maybe I could sell it at cost to another 10c'er.   After this email I feel they are hopelessly optimistic about actually getting copies.   I emailed them again to cancel.  Like you, I'll probably go the Paypal route if they try to sluff off the 2nd request.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just finished doing some Christmas shopping at Newbury Comics (Newbury St. Boston location), and they had a shit ton of these on an endcap and more in the RSDBF2019 section. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    got my 10c shipment today....will spin this weekend with a drink

Vault on its way too

Just need a fuckin new LP & im set for a while
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I managed to snag one of these on black friday. I'm shocked that it's been so hard for people to get with the amount pressed.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options

guestroom We just got a special last day of fall delivery in the Norman shop #shop norman #shoplocal #pj #shopinyourpjs #pearljam @pearljam No transfers, y’all.

• Options
    SHAKYSHAKY Posts: 16
    People stay diligent. I callled the Exclusive company in Milwaukee on Tuesday. They said they were getting 5 in and if I wanted one held for me. They called last night, picked it up today. There's still hope. 

• Options
    Wall of Sound Records in Seattle just listed unplugged in their Friday update, no webstore though, you gotta call or e-mail them if you want to buy a copy long distance. wosound@wosound.com
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 126
    jdasilvaf said:
    Wall of Sound Records in Seattle just listed unplugged in their Friday update, no webstore though, you gotta call or e-mail them if you want to buy a copy long distance. wosound@wosound.com
    I got a reply from them. They are doing in-store only for that item.
  • Options
    Damn, sorry, if I lived anywhere near Seattle I’d pick it up for folks here.
  • Options
    chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    edited December 2019

• Options
    chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    mikesbri said:
    Yes, this is a joke. I ordered Rolling Stones Seattle poster and t-shirt in August the day after the show and I'm still waiting for an update. I ordered a Neil Young Songs for Judy Vinyl/Lithograph set in July, ordered just got cancelled and refunded yesterday. Interestingly, Neil Young's webstore is now temporarily closed, I wonder if this is part of the reason. I did however seem to get the NYCH Colorado vinyl, its shipped but no tracking # so I'll see if that ever arrives 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    I ordered a shirt from the Neil Young store in July, I still have not received it. It took them 2 weeks to write back to me about them moving warehouses. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,232
    This explains so much.  My Rolling Stones Lithograph from the Seattle show hasn't shipped either.   I also had a problem with an AIC shirt I ordered from merchbar.  It never showed.  After a few months I email merchbar asking what's up.   They kept blaming the distributor/warehouse.   I asked for a refund, and they kept saying they needed confirmation.  Another month later and I asked for a refund again.  The shirt showed up another 2 months after that.

I guess this means my Jerry Cantrell Boggy Dept vinyl isn't going to show up any time soon :(
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Literally jut got a shipping notice for the shirt. Hilarious.

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    10club copy arrived today in IL
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Anyone still looking for a copy?
  • Options
    JexJex Posts: 283
    I'm still on the hunt for one.
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    demetrios said:
    Anyone still looking for a copy?
    Yes!!!
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J