Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    Yeah, I have zero desire in lining up in the cold and dark either. If I wanted something bad enough to wait for hours in a line, I’m probably more willing to pay the extra $50 on eBay.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah, I have zero desire in lining up in the cold and dark either. If I wanted something bad enough to wait for hours in a line, I’m probably more willing to pay the extra $50 on eBay.
    That's how most of my friends feel, and it's a big reason flippers flip.  It's a "convenience" fee to some, especially those whose time is worth more than the money.  The same friend would rather pay a lot more for his preferred seats than to take a chance in a Phish or Pearl Jam ticket lottery, and we all know it's pretty unlikely to land awesome seats with ticketmaster.  He often just uses stubhub to not deal with the hassle.  It must be nice I suppose.

When I was waiting in line for Phish posters in NYC, there were people getting paid to sit in line and hold people's places.  I think they were from a website, so there are companies making a cut on the whole thing too!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,156
    mace1229 said:
    That's how most of my friends feel, and it's a big reason flippers flip.  It's a "convenience" fee to some, especially those whose time is worth more than the money.  The same friend would rather pay a lot more for his preferred seats than to take a chance in a Phish or Pearl Jam ticket lottery, and we all know it's pretty unlikely to land awesome seats with ticketmaster.  He often just uses stubhub to not deal with the hassle.  It must be nice I suppose.

When I was waiting in line for Phish posters in NYC, there were people getting paid to sit in line and hold people's places.  I think they were from a website, so there are companies making a cut on the whole thing too!

It's messed up. Too bad the merch that is sold outside the venues had a tougher rule where you must show your ticket to purchase merch.

It's the excitement & joy of waiting to be there to score that item, then paying a reseller double or triple that price for the product online.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    demetrios said:
    mace1229 said:

It's messed up. Too bad the merch that is sold outside the venues had a tougher rule where you must show your ticket to purchase merch.

It's the excitement & joy of waiting to be there to score that item, then paying a reseller double or triple that price for the product online.
    I rarely, if ever pay the flipper prices. I was just saying if given the choice I’d rather pay extra $50 than to wait in live several hours. Usually I don’t do either and go without.
    This is actually the only RSD exclusive I own. This time I was able to show up after the line was gone and it was still available.
    The tickets are a different story. There’s no waiting in long lines outside in the cold to join the lottery. I don’t know what hassle there is, it’s actually very easy. But if you have a high number you may get stuck with crap seats. Public sale of tickets is a bigger hassle. So in his case it isn’t about convenience, it’s about trying to get better seats. Arena shows I would stick with 10c, but after last tour I would do the public sale if I had a high number. My number is decent and I was very happy with me seats. But knew some people up in nosebleeds.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,963
    Thanks to @shorty4568 for picking me up a copy!!! Oh baby this record looks sweet!!!! Mailman dropped it off at 8 am this morning. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    I'm still looking for this. Can't seem to find anyone who ships to US. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    I drove from Chicago to Milwaukee for a show. I got up there early so I stopped by a record shop. Picked out a couple and then asked the owner if he had any leftovers from RSD. He asked what I was looking for and I told him PJ Unplugged. He told me he only got three copies in on RSD but had a copy left on hold for someone, and if I could wait a few minutes, he'd see if he could sell it to me. Unfortunately, after a few minutes he told me he couldn't sell it.

One, if it's been a week and the person hasn't picked it up, how much could he really want it? And second, it's really annoying that owners would hold RSD albums for people.
  • Options
    I feel really bad for my local shops.  Stopped into one of them on Thursday and the owner figures “Pearl Jam Unplugged” cost him about $1500 in sales.  Not that he was going to sell that much PJ but people were not coming into his shop to get that and a couple other records that would’ve been grabbed as impulse buys.  He’s glad I was able to get a copy online but again that’s all I got.  Didn’t buy anything else from online vendor as I didn’t want record to get pulled from my cart.  So maybe that online vendor lost some sales as well?  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,963
    edited December 2019
    Isn't this against the spirit of record store day?  I mean a record store having an auction on eBay for a rsd exclusive?  Shouldn't record stores sell these to the public and not on eBay? I feel like stores are shooting themselves in the foot when they do something like this.  
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-MTV-Unplugged-2019-Record-Store-Day-Black-Friday-RSD-Sealed-Vinyl/174113853738?hash=item2889fe912a:g:9qcAAOSwK~pd4aiU
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Isn't this against the spirit of record store day?  I mean a record store having an auction on eBay for a rsd exclusive?  Shouldn't record stores sell these to the public and not on eBay? I feel like stores are shooting themselves in the foot when they do something like this.  
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-MTV-Unplugged-2019-Record-Store-Day-Black-Friday-RSD-Sealed-Vinyl/174113853738?hash=item2889fe912a:g:9qcAAOSwK~pd4aiU

It's a shame Record Store Day & Think Indie continue to ship RSD titles to these record stores.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,284
    Lot of these didn’t get to the record store shelves cause lot of these record store owners put these up on eBay to profit as much as they can

then they tell you they didn’t get any or only one or two

i didnt get one... still looking, but I’ve never paid thru the nose EVER for tix, posters, records.... not feeding these asshats 

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,783
    Hope Ten club steps up to help get these in the hands of thankful fans instead of fair weather  entrepreneurs.
    Ten club pressing needed all the flippers will re buy.All this for seven songs....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    edited December 2019
    CROJAM95 said:
    Lot of these didn’t get to the record store shelves cause lot of these record store owners put these up on eBay to profit as much as they can

i didnt get one... still looking, but I’ve never paid thru the nose EVER for tix, posters, records.... not feeding these asshats 

I called my local shop here in Calgary and the owner said he had 7 and that he kept a couple for himself then he said “have you seen what these are going for on Ebay”  smh
    Post edited by rattzey on
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    rattzey said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I called my local shop here in Calgary and the owner said he had 7 and the he kept a couple for himself then he said “have you seen what these are going for on Ebay”  smh
    Swell guy.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    edited December 2019
    MTV Unplugged (180g Vinyl/ Includes Download for $64.99 https://amzn.to/2LvrL1S
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rattzey said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I called my local shop here in Calgary and the owner said he had 7 and the he kept a couple for himself then he said “have you seen what these are going for on Ebay”  smh
    Swell guy.
    Those "stores" and people suck, but if you keep an eye on ebay, there are usually some record stores that sell for the retail price even on ebay, probably because they're really small and don't get as much foot traffic.  If you search completed listings you'll see some.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    rattzey said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Swell guy.
    Those "stores" and people suck, but if you keep an eye on ebay, there are usually some record stores that sell for the retail price even on ebay, probably because they're really small and don't get as much foot traffic.  If you search completed listings you'll see some.
    There are. I, in fact got my copy for $22.99 plus shipping from a record store selling on Discogs late Black Friday. I also got several other titles the same way. 
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    igotid88 said:
    Doesn’t ship to Great White North
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Ouch!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    rattzey said:
    CROJAM95 said:

People like him have ruined it. Pearl Jam could easily get away with all their limited releases on Monkeywrench and sold via their site.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    igotid88 said:
    Reseller. When I click it it's $59.99 US. 

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    edited December 2019
    Young Ones Kutztown, Pa. Available in store only They just got their shipment.
    For anyone in the area, give em a shot.
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,226

One, if it's been a week and the person hasn't picked it up, how much could he really want it? And second, it's really annoying that owners would hold RSD albums for people.
    It depends, I think. I have a buddy who spends A TON at his local shop. They'll put anything aside for him. RSD or otherwise. With the amount of business he gives them year round, I get it. Are you gonna hook that guy up or make him fight it out with a bunch of people who come in your store maybe twice a year?
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    edited December 2019
    If you're in or near Seattle, check Zion's Gate on Pike. I just wandered in at 4pm on Saturday, 12/7 and found a copy. The shopkeep said that he held back some from the internet sale. Sorry, I'm on travel and not able to carry additional copies with me, but good luck!

Edit: $29.99
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Options
    Travelar said:

I'm on travel
    Checks out
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    pjl44 said:
    Travelar said:

I'm on travel
    Checks out
    🤣 Well played.

• Options
    Travelar said:
    pjl44 said:
    Travelar said:

I'm on travel
    Checks out
    🤣 Well played.

You're consistent and I respect that
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    mace1229 said:
    I brought a book with me and got on line at 4:50. At 7:30 we all put our chairs in our cars and waited in line for half an hour. Sitting in a chair reading quietly with a bunch of sleepy music fans is not too rough. I walked out with Live Frogs and Unplugged. Try it, you might like it.