edited December 2019
    deleted

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    edited December 2019
    JBC7913 said:

RICH!!!! 

This whole waiting thing I hope is gonna pay off!

Fools
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    At that price! Damn! 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited December 2019
    JBC7913 said:

RICH!!!! 

There are buy it nows under $100 on ebay.  I never understand why people get in bidding wars when they can just purchase it cheaper.
    Post edited by Sea on
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,332
    JBC7913 said:

RICH!!!! 

There are buy it nows under $100 on ebay.  I never understand why people get in bidding wars when they can just purchase it cheaper.
    could be region issues.  if you search from something on .com then then on .ca there's a lot less results because people don't ship out of the US :(

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    JBC7913 said:

RICH!!!! 

Fools

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,605
    13,000 may be harder to get than you think. 
    No. You’re wrong. This will be extremely easy to get.
    Now who do you think was right? People paying 3 to 4 times retail is not “extremely easy to get”. Supply currently is far short of demand.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Now who do you think was right? People paying 3 to 4 times retail is not “extremely easy to get”. Supply currently is far short of demand.
    Definitely me, since like 15 online stores are expecting shipment next week.
  • Options
    someone someone wasn’t aware of the late shipping of this item to distributors  =)  =)  =)
  • Options
    It was fairly easy to get if you checked with your store the day before to see what kind of allotment they got and went early enough.
    Or if you checked here, discogs, and ebay for the places that sold it online for retail cost.

Granted some people's stores didn't get many, and some people can't wait in line for a few hours.
    Demand exceeding supply, and people paying ebay prices doesn't mean it was hard to score.  It just means you had to be on it and maybe have some luck.  Some people pay ebay prices because that's easier for them than leaving the house or waiting in line.

I always meet cool people in line for prints, records, etc.  I actually like the experience.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,605
    If they are sitting online at retail 2 weeks from today I’ll buy you an extra copy from any link you can provide. Since it”s “extremely easy” to get.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    So has anyone actually received an email saying their order was shipped from Easy Street?  I got the order completed email. 
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    So has anyone actually received an email saying their order was shipped from Easy Street?  I got the order completed email. 
    Sure haven't. Still at the order complete stage. 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    I was in the same boat, so I emailed East Street today.  I got a quick response with a tracking number. It should arrive in Michigan tomorrow!!!! Just send them an email. :)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    EddieVeddersSweaterEddieVeddersSweater Posts: 192
    edited December 2019
    Just wait till an announcement Tuesday 😉
    Post edited by EddieVeddersSweater on
  • Options
    If they are sitting online at retail 2 weeks from today I’ll buy you an extra copy from any link you can provide. Since it”s “extremely easy” to get.
    Thank you, very much!!!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123

40 minutes ago received a new email from Easy Street Records.
    "Matt Vaughan has sent you a package."
    That includes a USPS tracking number.

Sweet! B)
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Still nothing from Tony's Muziekhuis today.
    Well, there were strikes last week here, I'm going to to wait a little bit more before worrying.
  • Options
    Seriously, just wait till the newsletter drops tomorrow. You'll have 1,000 reasons why you'll be happy you didn't pay flipper prices or deal with stores trying to get an allocation.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:
    Are these going to be going on sale at 10C anytime?
    When I contacted ten club support, I was told no, because this was a "RSD Exclusive".
    Live at Easy Street was a "RSD First".
    Does anyone know who decides things like whether a release is RSD First vs Exclusive, print size, distribution, etc? Is it the artist/management? The record label? The RSD organization itself (assuming there is one)? Some combination?
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah, I have zero desire in lining up in the cold and dark either. If I wanted something bad enough to wait for hours in a line, I’m probably more willing to pay the extra $50 on eBay.
    That's how most of my friends feel, and it's a big reason flippers flip.  It's a "convenience" fee to some, especially those whose time is worth more than the money.  The same friend would rather pay a lot more for his preferred seats than to take a chance in a Phish or Pearl Jam ticket lottery, and we all know it's pretty unlikely to land awesome seats with ticketmaster.  He often just uses stubhub to not deal with the hassle.  It must be nice I suppose.

When I was waiting in line for Phish posters in NYC, there were people getting paid to sit in line and hold people's places.  I think they were from a website, so there are companies making a cut on the whole thing too!
    This is why I have no qualms with the person who gets in line a 5:00 am, scores ONE copy of each item they want, then decides to sell it later at a significant markup to someone who didn't want to "deal with the hassle".

For the people who simply couldn't get to a record store on time for whatever reason, I have sympathy and even empathy. I don't like that you either have to go without or resort to paying a huge markup online. I don't have a good answer that takes everyone into account (buyers, sellers, band, management, etc). It is what it is. I look at the positive side that if this is the worst societal problem we have to deal with, then we're doing pretty well. Unfortunately, it's not, so that's why I try not get too worked up. When it happens to me, I may allow myself to get pissed for a bit, maybe even post a snide remark here or somewhere else, but then just get over it. Either pay the "market rate", wait and hope, or just move on.

Life, as they say, is too short.

Sorry to be so preachy...
  • Options
    I was in the same boat, so I emailed East Street today.  I got a quick response with a tracking number. It should arrive in Michigan tomorrow!!!! Just send them an email. :)
    I did the same and quickly received a tracking number. Should have it by the 14th
  • Options
    I did the same and quickly received a tracking number. Should have it by the 14th
    Sweet, sounds good all. 
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    edited December 2019
    Link removed. Please see the rules
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,937
    Can I get in one this? I've also been telling people to wait, because there is no way 13,000 were sold that day.  ;)
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Translated to English that one say shipping available in 17 days... hmm
    I gave it a shot. PayPal protection, why not.
    My concern is that with RSD stuff, if you order and it doesn't show up, then it's even harder to find a copy a few weeks later....
    If you find another for a good price and this shows up, sell one for cost, plus shipping and fees. I’d rather have a second than none.
    You convinced me.  lol.   The shipping rate for that site seemed really good 5.99 Euros.   Hopefully it shows up :)
    I can't get the Jeopardy music out of my head.  You seen any updates? They did promptly respond to my email in english when I realized the postal code was incorrect.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,257
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    My concern is that with RSD stuff, if you order and it doesn't show up, then it's even harder to find a copy a few weeks later....
    If you find another for a good price and this shows up, sell one for cost, plus shipping and fees. I’d rather have a second than none.
    You convinced me.  lol.   The shipping rate for that site seemed really good 5.99 Euros.   Hopefully it shows up :)
    I can't get the Jeopardy music out of my head.  You seen any updates? They did promptly respond to my email in english when I realized the postal code was incorrect.
    Either of you guys get one of the ones from Ditch? 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,332
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Ditch got copies in?   I went in there last week inquiring if they thought they'd get some late.   The guy was pretty adamant that they got the short end of the stick and wouldn't be getting any copies in.

Did you hear otherwise?
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,257
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Ditch got copies in?   I went in there last week inquiring if they thought they'd get some late.   The guy was pretty adamant that they got the short end of the stick and wouldn't be getting any copies in.

Did you hear otherwise?
    I went in yesterday and asked if they knew if they would get any of the late shipments in and he said they’d already got them. Helooked on the computer and said yea they got 2 in but they were already sold. Probably kept them for “friends” again. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13