Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 105
    Bissy77 said:
    Are these going to be going on sale at 10C anytime?
    When I contacted ten club support, I was told no, because this was a "RSD Exclusive".
    Live at Easy Street was a "RSD First".
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,390
    Wow no kidding. Im shocked.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,385

theingroove

Just a heads up. We will be getting a few more copies of Pearl Jam Unplugged next week. I’ll post when they arrive. #pearljam #rsd2019 #pearljamunplugged #vinylrecords

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:
    When I contacted ten club support, I was told no, because this was a "RSD Exclusive".

Yep.  Anyone expecting a different answer than this set their expectations too high.  For some reason, people just don't seem to know the definition of "exclusive."
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

Yep.  Anyone expecting a different answer than this set their expectations too high.  For some reason, people just don't seem to know the definition of "exclusive."
    If anything, people can hold out hope getting one in a mystery box, if the 10C received any "Not for sale" copies.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512
    I’m trading an Unplugged if you live in Nashville or Detroit and can get to the Thirdman Store tomorrow lol.  Trying to get the Billie Eilish Thirdman release.  PM me.  
    She is awful 
    Saw her at ACL because my daughter is a big fan.  She wasn’t that bad, what’s your beef?
    She lips sync live, songs are terrible. I can’t believe people listen to that crap. Maybe I have the wrong person but is she the girl that has her hair dyed that wears baggy clothes and can’t rap or sing to save her life? 
    No, that's Lana Del Rey.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    edited December 2019
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

To
     be fair the Mother Love Bone release from 2014 was also a black Friday rsd exclusive and I definitely bought that through ten club. https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7570 that being said there was a reissue of immortality I believe at one point for black Friday and I don't think that was ever in the store. I could be wrong though.
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,385
    rw160510 said:
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

To be fair the Mother Love Bone release from 2014 was also a black Friday rsd exclusive and I definitely bought that through ten club. https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7570 that being said there was a reissue of immortality I believe at one point for black Friday and I don't think that was ever in the store. I could be wrong though.
    Yes that MLB vinyl was up for sale @ the 10club store. I don't remember that Immortality RSD vinyl being sold here. Released back in '11.

• Options
    demetrios said:
    rw160510 said:
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

To be fair the Mother Love Bone release from 2014 was also a black Friday rsd exclusive and I definitely bought that through ten club. https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7570 that being said there was a reissue of immortality I believe at one point for black Friday and I don't think that was ever in the store. I could be wrong though.
    Yes that MLB vinyl was up for sale @ the 10club store. I don't remember that Immortality RSD vinyl being sold here. Released back in '11.

Yep I bought that MLB from the Ten Club as well... There is a chance!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,955
    I didn't realize this was going on. Some have a theory that the music industry is intentionally trying to choke out physical releases. All I know is that this could explain why there have been delays in the supply chain. This Direct Shot company sounds like a complete mess.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/an-open-letter-to-the-majors-from-independent-record-stores.862753/
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    rw160510 said:
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

Also
     mad season's river of deceit was a rsd black Friday exclusive and a varient blue vinyl was made available through 10 club. It doesn't mean that there will be something this time round but to say 'it's rsd exclusive' is to ignore precedent.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,511
    Hobbes said:
    PFox78 said:
    For those who got an "order complete" from Easy Street, was that followed up by a shipping notice?
    Yes, received shipping notice about 4 hours after "order complete" email.
    I got my "order complete" e-mail about 16 hours ago and did not get a shipping notice e-mail yet.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    rw160510 said:
    demetrios said:
    rw160510 said:
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

Also
     mad season's river of deceit was a rsd black Friday exclusive and a varient blue vinyl was made available through 10 club. It doesn't mean that there will be something this time round but to say 'it's rsd exclusive' is to ignore precedent.
    At some point I don't remember there being different categories for RSD.   There didn't used to be RSD exclusive/first kind of thing.   Was Mad Season issued before they decided to start doing that?

I agree on everything else.   10c has sold RSD pressings of things before.   Between the 10c red and the regular press they sold RSD copies of Live at Easy Street.   They sold a variation of Mad Season.   I think they sold that EV single (love boat captain) a few years back.

It's entirely possible they scored a few boxes of the albums to archive or put up for sale in the store.  Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364
    This record sounds great!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,334
    I hate the whole ‘RSD exclusive’ thing. It just makes things a lot harder to get, and encourages flipping and overpaying. It’s been said a million times before, but for a band that keeps saying how much they love vinyl, they sure make it a pain in the ass to get hold of.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,320
    cutz said:
    I got my "order complete" e-mail about 16 hours ago and did not get a shipping notice e-mail yet.
    Ordered on Dec 1 from mailer@broadtime.com
    Order completed on Dec 3 from mailer@broadtime.com
    Order shipped on Dec 4 from Matt Vaughn
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

They can "feel" that "10C will have some later."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    rw160510 said:
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

That MLB record was probably RSD stock that didn't sell.  Don't get your hopes up. 
  • Options
    rw160510 said:
    demetrios said:
    rw160510 said:
    DKedzie said:
    Bissy77 said:

Also
    Exactly.  10C sold a variant.  Not the RSD "exclusive."
  • Options
    AnjarAnjar UK Posts: 42
    I didn't realize this was going on. Some have a theory that the music industry is intentionally trying to choke out physical releases. All I know is that this could explain why there have been delays in the supply chain. This Direct Shot company sounds like a complete mess.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/an-open-letter-to-the-majors-from-independent-record-stores.862753/
    Interesting letter - thanks for sharing. Sounds like a real shit show!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Again, the mad season record was supposed to be rsd exclusive https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/5737. As it stands I have a copy of unplugged, if a varient turns up I'd try to buy it. All I am pointing out is that 10 club has form on this and people, rightly or wrongly, could expect that something may turn up in the store. Nothing more or less than that. Fwiw, I really hoped they had more unplugged for everyone that wants a copy but that seems not to be the case given the response @DKedzie got. Also, massive thanks to @demetrios for looking out for everyone all the time with these things.
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    That MLB record was probably RSD stock that didn't sell.  Don't get your hopes up. 
    From what I recall they actually sold it right at midnight that night. So it wasn't leftover stock. Not saying they'll do it this time (as they didn't for the State of Love & trust single a couple years ago), but they definitely could.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    goldrush said:
    I hate the whole ‘RSD exclusive’ thing. It just makes things a lot harder to get, and encourages flipping and overpaying. It’s been said a million times before, but for a band that keeps saying how much they love vinyl, they sure make it a pain in the ass to get hold of.
    I think in this case it's the pro's and cons of record store day.   Record Stores were struggling.   I think it's one of the reasons PJ did a show at easy street.   I'm trying to remember but I think the CD might of been released to independent stores?   Of which they had no system to distribute things to independent stores, then a coalition started, then a few years later we had RSD.

RSD was designed to bring awareness to independant record stores and seems to have done amazingly well, because Vinyl popularity has surged these past 10 years.

I fully understand why PJ would be ambassadors, put out cool releases, and try to drive traffic into the store.    Unfortunately I think it's RSD itself that is making things difficult.    The record stores have no idea how many copies of something they're going to get when they place the order.  It seems pretty random.    If they think they can move 50 copies of something, the order them, and they get 3, something is seriously wrong.

Ideally maybe they'd play out 6 to 12 months in advance for next years RSD.    Put out the list, let stores make their orders, then press enough copies to fulfill every order.   Sort of like how PJ handles the Vault releases.

I applaud PJ for supporting RSD, but RSD itself needs to make it a better experience for music loves.   It's by far the worst two days to get records in the entire year. 

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,089
    I like rsd. Maybe you^^^ need to find a chill record store.
    Line up before the sun rises and get some unique records. Not too much competition where I go and joint gets lots of stuff. Still if you want a specific record you have to put the time in.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    I wonder how many of the 13,000 were available this past week? Looking at HitsDailyDouble building album sales the 50th album has 4,185 copies sold. Obviously the Unpluggeds that were available sold out. It was the top selling vinyl that Friday. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I wonder how many of the 13,000 were available this past week? Looking at HitsDailyDouble building album sales the 50th album has 4,185 copies sold. Obviously the Unpluggeds that were available sold out. It was the top selling vinyl that Friday. 
    I’ve seen at least 10 online record shops the last couple days saying they are getting copies in next week. I still maintain nothing close to 13,000 was sold. We will see.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    edited December 2019
    igotid88 said:
    I’ve seen at least 10 online record shops the last couple days saying they are getting copies in next week. I still maintain nothing close to 13,000 was sold. We will see.
    that's because orders were delayed. so how many of the 13k were available this past week? was it because they couldn't press that many in time? Was it on purpose? I guess part of the 13k went to other countries. But when Easy Street had 6k back in April. It sold 6k here. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    edited December 2019
    Loujoe said:

Line up before the sun rises