Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 478
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:
    Great! Soon other record stores here across Canada will start receiving their Pearl Jam copies. Wonder if SunRise Records will have some in stock. 
    I was told by the sunrise folks here, they weren't getting ANY rsd exclusives period this year. Who knows though man. Hoping i can somehow get the guys at the one independant shop left here to somehow land a copy. 
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    Looks like Easy St. is coming through. Pending charge just hit my card, no shipping email yet. 
  • Options
    Looks like Easy St. is coming through. Pending charge just hit my card, no shipping email yet. 
    What was your order number or what time did u order Sunday? Still don’t have a cc charge yet
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    I ordered from Easy St.

Order placed about 11:25am on 12/1.
    "Order placed" email received 12:25pm on 12/1.
    "Order completed" email received 7:50pm 12/3.
    Shipment email with tracking received 12:01am 12/4. Est. delivery in 3 days.
    Pending charge on my CC on 12/3 (still pending).
    Order #125120
  • Options
    What was your order number or what time did u order Sunday? Still don’t have a cc charge yet
    Ordered around 1:20-ish Central. Order number email about 15 minutes later. #125157.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    joe159 said:
    Just got confirmation from Easy Street. “Order complete, your credit card has been charged.”

Same for me
    I still haven't got a e-mail confirmation.

Should i be concerned? 
  • Options
    Just got my cc charged from ES. I’m in!
  • Options
    cutz said:
    joe159 said:
    Just got confirmation from Easy Street. “Order complete, your credit card has been charged.”

Same for me
    I still haven't got a e-mail confirmation.

Should i be concerned? 
    Did you get the initial "order placed" email with an order number after you placed your order? That's the only thing I've received, other than checking for the charge on my CC, which posted pending this evening.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    CJ23113 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's my local record store. I just sent a pretty harsh message to them about that. They sold it for $27.99 Friday at the store.
    In shocked my local record store Taz Records here in Canada were selling copies for $29.99 CDN. That's $22.72 in USA currency. Did any store in the USA sell the MTV Unplugged this cheap on RSD? 

It's 1am ET on Thursday.

I swear I just saw the "add to cart" option. I clicked back here, saw the "sold out" messages, went back and no option to add to cart.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Hub. said:
    Has anyone received a shipping notification from Tony's Muziekhuis? :i_dunno:
    Not yet, just the confirmation email and the cc charge, Hopefully they will send ship them soon
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,541

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,742
    Up! Pearl Jam Mtv Unplugged, March 16, 1992 www.discostores.com/prodotto-149753/Pearl-JamMtv-Unplugged-March-16-1992.aspx

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,742

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    demetrios said:
    CJ23113 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's my local record store. I just sent a pretty harsh message to them about that. They sold it for $27.99 Friday at the store.
    In shocked my local record store Taz Records here in Canada were selling copies for $29.99 CDN. That's $22.72 in USA currency. Did any store in the USA sell the MTV Unplugged this cheap on RSD? 

It's 1am ET on Thursday.

I swear I just saw the "add to cart" option. I clicked back here, saw the "sold out" messages, went back and no option to add to cart.
    I paid $21.99 at Vintage Vinyl in NJ.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    hadrielia said:
    Hub. said:
    Has anyone received a shipping notification from Tony's Muziekhuis? :i_dunno:
    Not yet, just the confirmation email and the cc charge, Hopefully they will send ship them soon
    Thanks hadrielia. :smile:
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,486
    demetrios said:
    Up! Pearl Jam Mtv Unplugged, March 16, 1992 www.discostores.com/prodotto-149753/Pearl-JamMtv-Unplugged-March-16-1992.aspx

is this Italian? Oh man I want one, just cant figure out checkout, shipping costs to the states...prob not worth it
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,006
    FYI. Plaid Room is one of the best record stores in the country and shoots straight about this sort of thing. 

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    edited December 2019
    tdawe said:
    FYI. Plaid Room is one of the best record stores in the country and shoots straight about this sort of thing. 

You can sign up for stock email, too.
    https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/products/b-pearl-jam-b-br-i-mtv-unplugged-3-16-1992-i?_pos=1&_sid=c99274526&_ss=r&variant=31320648613949
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    See how silly people were for panicking?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    to be fair we don't know how many copies are coming through.  hopefully it's enough to satiate demand... on the flip side things could sell out very quickly :(
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    While im a solid and devoted RSD participant, i still say this vinyl belongs in Target, Walmart, and every other big box store that now sells vinyl. 

Why? Because it was a larger production?  I think if the purpose of RSD is to support local record stores, then why not print enough copies  so they don't sell out in the first 10 minutes? Runs of 1000 where each store gets 1 or 2 copies seems kind of pointless to me if your purpose is to support the local stores;
  • Options
    PFox78PFox78 Posts: 22
    edited December 2019
    mace1229 said:
    While im a solid and devoted RSD participant, i still say this vinyl belongs in Target, Walmart, and every other big box store that now sells vinyl. 

Why? Because it was a larger production?  I think if the purpose of RSD is to support local record stores, then why not print enough copies  so they don't sell out in the first 10 minutes? Runs of 1000 where each store gets 1 or 2 copies seems kind of pointless to me if your purpose is to support the local stores;
    Completely agree. If they produced enough that the indies were fully stocked, we'd all walk in and end up buying other things as well instead of going on a wild goose chase for one record.

The ideal format: Produce enough, give only to independents and for the first week, make it an in-store buy only. After that, the indies can sell the records online.
    Post edited by PFox78 on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,029
    edited December 2019
    First run for RSD should be colored and then additional runs (assuming theres a bigger demand for something) should be black. This way you've got the incentive to go out on RSD if you are a collector, you can reward huge fans who make the effort, but if then its available to whoever wants it with an additional run later. This will allow labels/bands/plants to better gauge demand for an item. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    First run for RSD should be colored and then additional runs (assuming theres a bigger demand for something) should be black. This way you've got the incentive to go out on RSD if you are a collector, you can reward huge fans who make the effort, but if then its available to whoever wants it with an additional run later. This will allow labels/bands/plants to better gauge demand for an item. 

This seems like a pretty good idea at first glance.  I have spent exactly $0 at RSD the past few years not being able to get the records I want.  Again, I support two of my local record stores here in STL regularly.  It really sucks that I WANT TO SPEND MONEY at the shops on RSD but can't due to limited pressings of things I want.  Now, if it was a special colored run but I knew I could get a black copy later I think that might help.  There has to be a solution though because it really sucks seeing hundreds of copies of RSD exclusives being flipped when there are many others like myself that just want to spin the damn vinyl from bands we love.  As cool as "splattered" or "marble" vinyl would be in the end I dont really care about that...just want to spin the damn things.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624

+1
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,029

There has to be a solution though because it really sucks seeing hundreds of copies of RSD exclusives being flipped when there are many others like myself that just want to spin the damn vinyl from bands we love. 
    Yeah. Ultimately, it's the stores that miss out on the additional revenue. If its supposed to be about supporting them (which the day barely is anymore), then let them sell as many copies as possible. Additional pressings would at least keep the impulsive buyers from supporting flippers. I'm guessing it would drive down secondary market prices a bit as well.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177

There has to be a solution though because it really sucks seeing hundreds of copies of RSD exclusives being flipped when there are many others like myself that just want to spin the damn vinyl from bands we love. 
    Yeah. Ultimately, it's the stores that miss out on the additional revenue. If its supposed to be about supporting them (which the day barely is anymore), then let them sell as many copies as possible. Additional pressings would at least keep the impulsive buyers from supporting flippers. I'm guessing it would drive down secondary market prices a bit as well.
    Exactly.  That has always been my point too which Im not sure I stated very well.  I want to support the stores but can't due to many factors.  Mainly, I seem to always have to work on RSD so I can't get there early and wait in line (nor do I want to).  This past one on black friday I was able to get to my local store 15-20 minutes after they opened and thought that PJ unplugged would be easy to get.  Store only got 2 copies (they ordered more and were only sent 2) and they were both sold already.  
  • Options

The release and music initself should be the incentive.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,397

This is a great idea. I think it would solve a lot of the problems.