Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ps..new tool album is so fuckin good....
    It sure is!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    A double album would be 4LP’s....a pretty boxset....

in reality they’ve probably worked out 7 songs but i can still hope.  
    :D 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    10-12 songs - 30-40 min

that’s all we need. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,829
    ps..new tool album is so fuckin good....
    Awesome. No way I’m listening to the leak. I’ll wait to Friday. Good headphones, my Pax.... I cannot wait. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    10-12 songs - 30-40 min

that’s all we need. 
    Really hope we get more than 10-12 three minute songs. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    JimmyV said:
    10-12 songs - 30-40 min

that’s all we need. 
    Really hope we get more than 10-12 three minute songs. 
    But fewer than two five-minute mushy ballads.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'll take Sirens over most of their short, punkish songs. 

• Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    bbiggs said:
    This is most exciting news.   My plan this year is not to listen to any leaks or singles from the record.  Gonna stay away from it.   Been a long time since I just sat down to listen to a record front to back. 
     οκ.ill tell u this,,,impossible to make it..cos will blow your mind whats coming,.u will not hold it...impossible,..
    Blow our minds on a Backspacer level or blow our minds on a Yield level?  How mind blown will we be? :)
     blow your mind in the level of moline show,when all pj world went crazy with no code played full.
    But what does it mean?
  • Options
    (double albums are never a good idea)

(better too release them like Load and Reload with a year gap in between)

(In Your Honour was a good live album though - one more acoustic side and one rockier side)
    Use Your Illusion I & II.....but PJ's version---actually covering all of the G n' R songs 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Well, i have dared to get my hopes up.  Please dont let me down. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    The most recent tease that was a total let down was Brendan O’Brien saying that Sirens was on par with Black prior to the album release.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    The most recent tease that was a total let down was Brendan O’Brien saying that Sirens was on par with Black prior to the album release.  
    Was that BoB? I sometimes think of that, but thought it was from someone else. Like a journalist or something.

Then they had that listening party and fans said the same thing. If I remember it correctly.

Great song though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    This is most exciting news.   My plan this year is not to listen to any leaks or singles from the record.  Gonna stay away from it.   Been a long time since I just sat down to listen to a record front to back. 
     οκ.ill tell u this,,,impossible to make it..cos will blow your mind whats coming,.u will not hold it...impossible,..
    Lost Dogs Part II?

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Lost Dogs Part II?
    I think it will be no code part two.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Let's hope it's not a rock opera about the Cubs. 

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Takes a lot for me to have my mind blown. We shall see.

Thanks for the info Dimitiris.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    PJNB said:
    This I am curious about. 
     Double album confirmed! 
    I was thinking this but you said it, man.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    How lucky are we to still have this excitement 27, 28 years after we discovered them.   The breaks are longer but most of us are busier.  Fun times. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    How lucky are we to still have this excitement 27, 28 years after we discovered them.   The breaks are longer but most of us are busier.  Fun times. 
    Damn right we‘re lucky!! 😊
  • Options
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...

• Options
    18-19 but yes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bigabiga Posts: 4
    I have dreamed about Greatest hits album, but with all the songs played in studio, in the way they are playing them now on the shows.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,550
    Ten, but re-recorded in 2019?  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Ten minutes shorter because its so fast
  • Options
    Whoever recorded the Brandi Carlisle cover should do the album.  
    Word, those drums specifically were the best sounding since riot act
    Both of these
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,550
    Ten minutes shorter because its so fast
    Ha.  Good point.  
  • Options
    biga said:
    I have dreamed about Greatest hits album, but with all the songs played in studio, in the way they are playing them now on the shows.
    KISS did exactly that with their latest line up, to own the songs to cash out on commercials and such using it. It was included with the Sonic Boom album.

And Taylor Swift is gonna redo some of her older albums to own the master recordings.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    biga said:
    I have dreamed of all new music. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    biga said:
    And Taylor Swift is gonna redo some of her older albums to own the master recordings.
    Technically, she won't own the master recordings, but she'll control these new recordings which her loyal fanbase will stream and buy instead of the others, essentially devaluing her original masters. Which she'll probably just buy back in a decade or so.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Blow our minds on a Backspacer level or blow our minds on a Yield level?  How mind blown will we be? :)
     blow your mind in the level of moline show,when all pj world went crazy with no code played full.
    Dude, that is a ton of brain matter being splattered.