Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Clinton’s celebrities now too?

omg I’m not crazy bout Bill & Hill but their story to where they are hell of a lot more impressive than Bush & Mr daddy gave me a small loan

Trump is a celeb man, he used it to take office

but your worried bout Ed? Cause he’s using his time & words for financial gain?

more names

u sound like Drumpf
    Exhausting. U win. Lunatics like u can’t be reasoned with. This is the problem with politics. Zero conversation. Anyone who honestly can look at either party and agree with 100% of the policies , is nuts. That’s my opinion. You’re not interested in conversation. The only thing I hear from u is, Fox News, Obama , orange man and bush. Weird. 
    Chill out. A full unheard song from early 2000 Guns N Roses just leaked. Who cares about this.
    Need more info on this ASAP.  Axl is the man
    Started a thread in "Other Music".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    JimmyV said:
    How did this become political?
    Someone wishcasts that the new record/tour will be an anti-Trump rock opera then bickering ensues. Rinse/repeat.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    Be angry but not specific towards Trump.  Don't want to listen to music about that guy when he is out of the white house.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    I will never understand how/why people are fans of this band when they have been open with their political beliefs and stances on issues since day one, i just don't get it, here's to hoping the band continues to piss them off by being who they are and who they've always been and writing songs about it that those fans will boo to at shows lol, seriously wtf, how are you fans of this band, and more importantly why do you claim to love a band that you fundamentally disgree with on almost every level? or do you just like the old stuff and don't want to hear what ed has to say even though he's been saying it from the beginning?
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    my_wave said:
    I will never understand how/why people are fans of this band when they have been open with their political beliefs and stances on issues since day one, i just don't get it, here's to hoping the band continues to piss them off by being who they are and who they've always been and writing songs about it that those fans will boo to at shows lol, seriously wtf, how are you fans of this band, and more importantly why do you claim to love a band that you fundamentally disgree with on almost every level? or do you just like the old stuff and don't want to hear what ed has to say even though he's been saying it from the beginning?
    I don't get it either. At Fenway night 2 last year Eddie said something political or played Can't Deny me or something. I can't remember what it was but for the next hour off and on (mostly on) the guy in front of me held his finger up in the air towards Eddie saying fuck you Eddie. He did this for a fucking hour. Why are you at this show buddy? 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Yeah im not sure how this got political.  I just want timeless tunes.  Theres too many trump songs already by every artist.   PJ is better when their political/social tunes are open for interpretation.  

I said this in another thread.  Infallible will always be current and badass.  I respect bushleaguer but i never revisit it.   
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    This thread escalated quickly. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    New music yay!!!

• Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    How I feel about a new album...

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Do we really need a rock band to tell us Trump’s an idiot? I think the president does a pretty good job of demonstrating that every day on his own.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    Drdeal said:
    Next year is a a Presidential Election year. PJ will release a LP and tour so they can loudly participate in the opposition to Trump. It's pretty simple. This band does not continue to exist just to "Make Music". They want to make a difference with their music. Next year will be one to remember. I look forward to some great music and some memorable shows in arenas. 

i agree...its happening..

I have a question, Dimitris.  I am planning to purchase a food truck, drive to Portland, only serve fresh foods purchased locally daily, and charge a fair price.   The food will be vegan friendly.    My question is this:

When do you think Pearl Jam will announce the album/tour? 

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    Expecting new album/tour. Not expecting riot act-level of political statements. Ed has been pretty non-political from the stage last few years/shows
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    That that was one of the longest run on sentences I’ve ever read up above.  Pretty cool actually, I just kept searching for a period but just didn’t get it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Thats old news actually. Was would be the right word to use 

This is not an old news, buddy. BTW, our source is not you.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Thnak you for the information. Even little bits and pieces is better than the recent doom and gloom. 2020 is starting to shape up nicely. Let’s hope Sept Oct Nov are recording months. Ready for an early 2020 release and subsequent touring. 
    You're very welcome. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    rb173565 said:
    Working on a new album.... REALLY? Are you sure they haven't just read the 20 xmas/holiday single threads and thought 'oh we'd better get these done 1st'. 3 songs to go with 'cant deny me' 
    No! :D
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    raindog80 said:

As I said... WAS in the studio.. 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Drdeal said:
    Next year is a a Presidential Election year. PJ will release a LP and tour so they can loudly participate in the opposition to Trump. It's pretty simple. This band does not continue to exist just to "Make Music". They want to make a difference with their music. Next year will be one to remember. I look forward to some great music and some memorable shows in arenas. 

i agree...its happening..

I have a question, Dimitris.  I am planning to purchase a food truck, drive to Portland, only serve fresh foods purchased locally daily, and charge a fair price.   The food will be vegan friendly.    My question is this:

When do you think Pearl Jam will announce the album/tour? 

I think album announcement will come first.   I dont know details for that part. 

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    raindog80 said:

Your source is wrong., in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material.
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    raindog80 said:

Your source is wrong., in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material.
    Nope
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Nope
    As I said; yes, in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material.
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    As I said; yes, in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material.
    Stop fighting! We’re all grateful to both of you for updating us! :wink:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Please tour arenas again. No more stadium shows please. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    You're welcome Sir. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    edited August 2019
    raindog80 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    You're welcome Sir. 
    I‘d prefer Madam. or Mylady. I‘d like that :wink:
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited August 2019
    My sources point to a residency next summer here in Gothenburg. Anyone else heard the same?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    raindog80 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    You're welcome Sir. 
    I‘d prefer Madam. or Mylady. I‘d like that :wink:
    Sorry Milady.
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Kelly Curtis should just go ahead and put a countdown clock up on the website. "Sorry boys...this is exactly how long you have left to get the album done."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    You're all wrong. The whole band is taking a holiday over at my house, we all sleep in the garage with my dog. Right now they're playin Should I stay or should I go (full band version) in my backyard.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056