Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I can’t wait to read the Alternative Nation article about the battle here between the Pearl Jam insiders.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Please tour arenas again. No more stadium shows please. 
    Agreed!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    As I said; yes, in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material.
      today..is 26th august..band is not rehersing anything..25th,,nope..24th..nope..22nd the article.was out,,nope..the album is in complitely different status  than rehearsing new material....
    the end.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited August 2019
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    As I said; yes, in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material.
      today..is 26th august..band is not rehersing anything..25th,,nope..24th..nope..22nd the article.was out,,nope..the album is in complitely different status  than rehearsing new material....
    the end.
    Could it be the album is finished(?)/in mixing stages.

And them "rehearsing" is for songs that will be on the last two holiday singles?

As in both of you being sort of correct....... .. .. 

JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME COMMON GROUND HERE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,932
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    the end.
    Is it closer to release than we think it is?
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    the end.
    Could it be the album is finished(?)/in mixing stages.

And them "rehearsing" is for songs that will be on the last two holiday singles?

As in both of you being sort of correct....... .. .. 

JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME COMMON GROUND HERE
    Yes, maybe holiday singles!! Good thought! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    raindog80 said:
    Nope
    the end.
    Is it closer to release than we think it is?
    Well we’ll well... the plot is thickening! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options

rehearsing the holiday singles?what kind of weed you guys smoking in sweden!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited August 2019
    They are rehearsing for 2020 tour extra early but there’s a caveat—they are only rehearsing Do the Evolution. 

Stone wanted the guys to get in some work on the “hallelujah‘s”.  He wasn't happy with them last go ‘round.  Dude is cracking the whip.  The Seattle gospel choir has been spotted wearing flannel leaving PJ’s warehouse. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    I can’t wait to read the Alternative Nation article about the battle here between the Pearl Jam insiders.  
    Hahahahaha! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited August 2019

rehearsing the holiday singles?what kind of weed you guys smoking in sweden!!
    Rehearsing in connection to recording them with Adam Kaspar or Brett Eliason.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Whoever recorded the Brandi Carlisle cover should do the album.  
  • Options
    Based on Single Video Theory, we should just be able to check the time cards they use to punch in and out at the studio to settle this once and for all.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    on2legs said:
    LOL
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    They are rehearsing for 2020 tour extra early but there’s a caveat—they are only rehearsing Do the Evolution. 

Stone wanted the guys to get in some work on the “hallelujah‘s”.  He wasn't happy with them last go ‘round.  Dude is cracking the whip.  The Seattle gospel choir has been spotted wearing flannel leaving PJ’s warehouse. 
    Ha.   They have been phoning those in lately.
  • Options
    the end.
    Really wrong, period. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options

• Options
    Drdeal said:
    Next year is a a Presidential Election year. PJ will release a LP and tour so they can loudly participate in the opposition to Trump. It's pretty simple. This band does not continue to exist just to "Make Music". They want to make a difference with their music. Next year will be one to remember. I look forward to some great music and some memorable shows in arenas. 

i agree...its happening..

I have a question, Dimitris.  I am planning to purchase a food truck, drive to Portland, only serve fresh foods purchased locally daily, and charge a fair price.   The food will be vegan friendly.    My question is this:

When do you think Pearl Jam will announce the album/tour? 

I think album announcement will come first.   I dont know details for that part. 

Thanks!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    on2legs said:

Classic!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legs said:

pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    My sources point to a residency next summer here in Gothenburg. Anyone else heard the same?

Wow, amazing place. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    You're all wrong. The whole band is taking a holiday over at my house, we all sleep in the garage with my dog. Right now they're playin Should I stay or should I go (full band version) in my backyard.
    Cant' wait 2 hear it! LOL
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    on2legs said:

=) 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Im just happy we have two guys arguing about the stage of the album.  
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Haha.

Raindog's profile says he/she is from Italy.  I was hoping this was a world war but just continental right now.  

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    We know that they were recording Yellow Moon on April 15, 2013 because Ed has told the Boston Marathon story multiple times. It will be interesting when this new album forthcomes if we get any details on when particular songs were recorded. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Whoever recorded the Brandi Carlisle cover should do the album.  
    Word, those drums specifically were the best sounding since riot act
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    on2legs said:

i wish i was that skinny!!hahah
  • Options
    This is most exciting news.   My plan this year is not to listen to any leaks or singles from the record.  Gonna stay away from it.   Been a long time since I just sat down to listen to a record front to back. 
  • Options
    This is most exciting news.   My plan this year is not to listen to any leaks or singles from the record.  Gonna stay away from it.   Been a long time since I just sat down to listen to a record front to back. 
     οκ.ill tell u this,,,impossible to make it..cos will blow your mind whats coming,.u will not hold it...impossible,..