• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Going to have to try one. Reading about this stoned not a good idea. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,470
    NewJPage said:
    igotid88 said:
    They have been seen together recently the past couple of weeks. Stones concert and Cheap Trick.
    Were all 5 (6) seen there, or just Matt and Mike?
    Well Matt and Mike were at Cheap Trick. I think only Ed, Mike, Jeff, and Matt were the Stones show.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Let's go Cards and Brewers!
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Isn’t the wait and guessing kind of fun tho? As much as we all want music and shows. It’s fun not knowing. When it happens it will be uber exciting 
  • Options
    No Stone at a Stones show? Hmmmm🤔
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    raindog80 said:
    They rehearsing the new material?
    And/or are they recording the fucking things for the new album? ;-)
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I've always liked pearljamonline and appreciate this little timeline they've put together. But Kim Thayil saying Matt has Pearl Jam stuff to work on before he can do Soundgarden stuff, while it gives us reason to be optimistic, it doesn't confirm they're in the studio. 

We wrote two articles: the first about Kim and the chance Matt could be working with Pearl Jam. And the second in which we confirmed that the band is rehearsing in studio.

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/could-pearl-jam-be-working-on-a-new-record/
    https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-are-in-studio-working-on-a-new-album/

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Any news of them potentially working on the new album is good news. 
    True. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Travelar said:
    As much as I"d like to see this, there's a lot of speculation here. I hate to say it, but it reads like an alternative nation article.

Following our previous articles, we can now confirm that in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material for their new highly anticipated 11th album.

Exactly what is the confirmation?
    During our 19 years activity we have always been very cautious  about rumors. This time we decided to be so straightforward for a reason. 
    We wrote two articles: the first about Kim and the chance Matt could be working with Pearl Jam, and the second in which we confirmed that the band is rehearsing in studio. 

pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I thought Eddie said during the last Fenway show that it was the last time the band would perform live before they went into studio to work on their album.  Did I hear him correctly?  I did have a couple of beers that night.
    True. 

6.24.18 – During the Padua Pearl Jam concert , Eddie said: “We can’t wait to be back to play the new material we have been working on“.
    9.4.18 – “This is he last time we will be playing together for awhile. Next time will be in the studio” – Eddie Vedder

pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is there a source for this rumor?
    During our 19 years activity we have always been very cautious  about rumors. This time we decided to be so straightforward for a reason. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    I've seen people book hotels and plan travel for some random rumored show with less information than this. Interesting to see people blow this off so quickly, especially when a lot of the same people come here daily practically begging for any new news and rumors.
    Well said. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    RP112579 said:
    I've seen people book hotels and plan travel for some random rumored show with less information than this. Interesting to see people blow this off so quickly, especially when a lot of the same people come here daily practically begging for any new news and rumors.
    RIght!? If anyone outside of Pearl Jam and the band's families/management knew anything about the state of the band, its Kim Thayil.
    Sure. But there's a gap between what Kim said, and what is going on in this thread. That gap is the cause of the speculation. Kim only said that Matt is unavailable to work on the next Soundgarden album because of unspecified plans with PJ.  So the good news is that Matt is available for whatever PJ has planned. Maybe a little tour. Maybe a show or two. Maybe some studio work. Maybe a holiday party. Maybe he's helping Santos pack boxes in the warehouse. Who knows?
    We wrote two articles: the first about Kim and the chance Matt could be working with Pearl Jam and the second in which we confirmed that the band is rehearsing in studio. 

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/could-pearl-jam-be-working-on-a-new-record/
    https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-are-in-studio-working-on-a-new-album/
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    This interview was from a month ago and really just tells us that Matt has commitments in the future with Pearl Jam doesn't it? Don't we already know this?

So far we have confirmation from Dimi that they are in the studio and a tour is in the works for 2020. We also have confirmation from Thayil that Matt has commitments in the future with Pearl Jam.  
    We wrote two articles: the first about Kim and the chance Matt could be working with Pearl Jam and the second in which we confirmed that the band is rehearsing in studio (our source is not Dimi or AltNation, of course).

pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Spring/summer (may) of 2020 like the self titled. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Could be it, or Autumn 2020. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,972
    raindog80 said:
    Could be it, or Autumn 2020. 
    Autumn 2020. I hope not. That’s like a year! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Mabye before. Who really knows? 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,848
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    This interview was from a month ago and really just tells us that Matt has commitments in the future with Pearl Jam doesn't it? Don't we already know this?

So far we have confirmation from Dimi that they are in the studio and a tour is in the works for 2020. We also have confirmation from Thayil that Matt has commitments in the future with Pearl Jam.  
    We wrote two articles: the first about Kim and the chance Matt could be working with Pearl Jam and the second in which we confirmed that the band is rehearsing in studio (our source is not Dimi or AltNation, of course).

How are you being straightforward though and not citing a source? I am happy about the news and hope/think it is true but without a source it is just another rumor without confirmation as your title suggests. I get why you do not reveal your source but to have a title of a new thread as you do I would expect something more then what we are given. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:

How are you being straightforward though and not citing a source? I am happy about the news and hope/think it is true but without a source it is just another rumor without confirmation as your title suggests. I get why you do not reveal your source but to have a title of a new thread as you do I would expect something more then what we are given. 
    Source: pearljamonline.it, simple.
    ... and is not just a rumor, man. 
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    D.Frank said:
    raindog80 said:
    They rehearsing the new material?
    And/or are they recording the fucking things for the new album? ;-)
    They rehearsing the new material, not recording yet. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:

At this point in the band's career, we just have to accept it.  Not everything has to have a source.  At least we have some news.  
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    edited August 2019
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:

Source: pearljamonline.it, simple.
    ... and is not just a rumor, man. 
    I’m inclined to believe your information is accurate but there’s a reason news organizations cite the source of their information.  It establishes credibility and trust with the people reading it.  

So both things can can be true: your information can be true and people can be skeptical without more information. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I’m inclined to believe your information is accurate but there’s a reason news organizations cite the source of their information.  It establishes credibility and trust with the people reading it.  

So both things can can be true: your information can be true and people can be skeptical without more information. 
    Good point of view. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    @raindog80 Thank you for the update. It made my day. Any indication of progress is a great thing in my book. This got me out of my negative thinking that the band was sorta over and now looking forward to a big 2020. Fingers crossed. Keep your updates coming and thank you to your source. 
  • Options
    @raindog80 Thank you for the update. It made my day. Any indication of progress is a great thing in my book. This got me out of my negative thinking that the band was sorta over and now looking forward to a big 2020. Fingers crossed. Keep your updates coming and thank you to your source. 
    You're welcome. The beat goes on. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    RP112579 said:
    this place is weird sometimes.

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,972
    Thnak you for the information. Even little bits and pieces is better than the recent doom and gloom. 2020 is starting to shape up nicely. Let’s hope Sept Oct Nov are recording months. Ready for an early 2020 release and subsequent touring. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    rb173565rb173565 Posts: 102
    Working on a new album.... REALLY? Are you sure they haven't just read the 20 xmas/holiday single threads and thought 'oh we'd better get these done 1st'. 3 songs to go with 'cant deny me' 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    This is not a news source...