Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Deadman said:
    So much tour talk in a new album thread.
    True. It's time to talk about new PJ record. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,949
    raindog80 said:
    Deadman said:
    If we had a few details we might!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Deadman said:
    If we had a few details we might!? 
     =) 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    raindog80 said:
    Deadman said:

Is it a "record" yet? Writing phase implies its just notes on a piece of paper.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    raindog80 said:
    Deadman said:

Is it a "record" yet? Writing phase implies its just notes on a piece of paper.
    I don't think so. The band is working on new album, the new record is not done yet. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    what is the advanced state of the album?
    The songs are finished being recorded? They are in mix? or there are still things to record? The choice of songs? So many questions .... hoping for something for the end of the year or the beginning of 2020

freddie vedder
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    if what raindog says is true, and if what mike says is true, who knows if they've even begun recording yet. mike says they are still writing with no plans on a release date. we could be headed for a summer 2020 release. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    fl247556 said:
    The songs are finished being recorded? They are in mix? or there are still things to record? The choice of songs? So many questions .... hoping for something for the end of the year or the beginning of 2020

No one knows these details, except JA, SG, EV, MMC and MC. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    who knows if they've even begun recording yet. mike says they are still writing with no plans on a release date. we could be headed for a summer 2020 release. 
    Yes, maybe late spring...? 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    raindog80 said:
    who knows if they've even begun recording yet. mike says they are still writing with no plans on a release date. we could be headed for a summer 2020 release. 
    Yes, maybe late spring...? 
    Are you guessing or do you have a source? Not meant as an attack, but so many of us are desperate to believe any news. I know @dimitrispearljam & @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan have a history of sourced info.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2019
    I wonder if they're waiting until after the 2020 election. This is PJ in 2019, not PJ in 1992 or 2003 for that matter. Might be easier for them to dodge controversy after the election. I think they were a little taken aback by the Missoula poster issue and Lord knows nothing  Ed says or the band does will fly under the radar in today's world.

PJ may be too old or too comfortable to speak up and speak out in a partisan manner like they have in the past. Just a thought.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I wonder if they're waiting until after the 2020 election. This is PJ in 2019, not PJ in 1992 or 2003 for that matter. Might be easier for them to dodge controversy after the election. I think they were a little taken aback by the Missoula poster issue and Lord knows nothing  Ed says or the band does will fly under the radar in today's world.

PJ may be too old or too comfortable to speak up and speak out in a partisan manner like they have in the past. Just a thought.
    uh, no. I don't think ed or the band are afraid of any type of backlash whatsoever. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349

The new Halloween Tshirt shows me they still give zero fucks
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

uh, no. I don't think ed or the band are afraid of any type of backlash whatsoever. 
    And holding what may be a finished product in the next few weeks/months until November or December 2020?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302

He barely talks politics at all anymore live, and when he does it is without the venom that he had in the past. 2016 was a pretty good time to say something
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    NewJPage said:

He barely talks politics at all anymore live, and when he does it is without the venom that he had in the past. 2016 was a pretty good time to say something
    2018 Euro tour was full of political talk. 
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    fl247556 said:

Or bg or bo'b ...
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172

If it’s not out 2020, this time... Houston we have a big problem

i feel this thread & info is like a John Edwards Physic reading
  • Options
    I'd personally like to know how many things were recorded during what I'll call the "Can't Deny Me" sessions.... You can't tell me a band of PJ's stature went into the studio JUST to record one single song from a "forthcoming album" that never came out? The notion that they have "nothing recorded" after 6 years of NOTHING and a single is asinine. 

I'll go as far as to say Undone is the best song on Riot Act and IT WASN'T EVEN ON THE ALBUM, it was written at the same time!!! What the fuck is going on!!!!
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    fl247556 said:

Don't sell Boom short....
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    I'd personally like to know how many things were recorded during what I'll call the "Can't Deny Me" sessions.... You can't tell me a band of PJ's stature went into the studio JUST to record one single song from a "forthcoming album" that never came out? The notion that they have "nothing recorded" after 6 years of NOTHING and a single is asinine. 

I'll go as far as to say Undone is the best song on Riot Act and IT WASN'T EVEN ON THE ALBUM, it was written at the same time!!! What the fuck is going on!!!!
    It was hinted they recorded a bunch of songs during that session and CDM was their personal favourite.  They could have 20-30 songs that are somewhere between rough draft and finished product for all we know. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    NewJPage said:

Yeah but the fake media had everyone convinced that annoying lady was going to win no matter what with her blue wall. So no outrage in 16.

In 2020, there could be plenty of outrage
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    NewJPage said:

Yeah but the fake media had everyone convinced that annoying lady was going to win no matter what with her blue wall. So no outrage in 16.

In 2020, there could be plenty of outrage
    Perhaps. Roger Waters mustered up plenty out outraged at Wrigley. I guess we will see
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    raindog80 said:
    fl247556 said:

Don't sell Boom short....
    He's a tremendous slouch.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,949

It’s a good point you make. I remember Stone saying that Can’t Deny Me ‘was a standout’ of those sessions, maybe they didn’t like the rest. You do hear of bands scrapping whole albums of material and completely starting again. If Can’t Deny Me was the best they had, maybe they totally went back to the drawing board? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

It’s a good point you make. I remember Stone saying that Can’t Deny Me ‘was a standout’ of those sessions, maybe they didn’t like the rest. You do hear of bands scrapping whole albums of material and completely starting again. If Can’t Deny Me was the best they had, maybe they totally went back to the drawing board? 
    If can’t deny me was the best they had, I hope they do go back to the drawing board and take their time. I’d much rather wait than have that song be the pinnacle of the album. 
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

I swear, I can't, just can't for the sake of all sakeness, imagine a whole bunch of new PJ songs.. that are WORSE than CDM.
    Holy shit. Can you imagine that? The band coming here after CDM came out last year, "This is the best we have, people will like it". And then read the comments on here. And they decide to redo the whole damn thing.
    It can't be.
  • Options
    I bet the Brandi Carlile cover Again Today was recorded during those sessions too. Timing seems about right?
  • Options
    i dig CDM. The best they've written? no. but it's good. and it shows the anger is brewing and is probably boiling over in the writing now. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

The new Halloween Tshirt shows me they still give zero fucks
    This made me el oh el.