Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    matt posted a studio video on instagram and the title of the sheet music is "in the morning". at least that's what i could make it out to be? also, if you pay attention to the amp setup the last one is a savage, mccready uses those here and there.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Is this it?   Rolling Stone.   Kind of seems hes saying he always has to adjust into that mode.  Might not be what u guys are referring to tho. 

A lot of times I dread it leading up to it. I’m like, “I don’t wanna leave home. I’m gonna miss my wife. I’m gonna miss my dogs. I’m gonna miss painting in my art room and the little routine that I have.” And then once you’re out there, you’re like, “Wow, this is crazy. This is a crazy life that we have.”

You guys seem to have broken free of the album/tour cycle, which really allows you to work at whatever pace you want.
    And that is just the greatest thing in the world [laughs]. Making a record and looking at the next year of dates was always daunting. It’s daunting for everyone. You show that to your wife and she’s like, “You’re going to be gone for nine of the next 13 months?” It’s tough. So now we can go out and play 30, 40 shows after you make the record. Then you can take a little break and the next year you can play another 30 or 40 shows.

I believe that’s what I read too
    30 or 40 shows would be fucking great right about now. 
  • Options
    I have seen somewhere he dislikes  touring
    I have think this is common for most artists/bands. Love playing the shows, hate everything in between.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    matt posted a studio video on instagram and the title of the sheet music is "in the morning". at least that's what i could make it out to be? also, if you pay attention to the amp setup the last one is a savage, mccready uses those here and there.

Big Head Todd cover or... new music!?!?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Sequel to “In the Moonlight”

”a day squirrel is following you all the time...”
  • Options
    This is not from a recording studio. It's a practice pad...
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    edited September 2019
    Joostone said:
    Oh so practicing for a tour maybe.....?
  • Options
    I think Matt just posted something on Instagram for the helluva it and that is all it means.
  • Options
    Don’t think Pearl Jam uses sheet music to write new music.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Looks like just Matt honing his trade. Need a much bigger space for the full band.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948
    Joostone said:
    Practising for a live stream of playing the new album front to back 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited September 2019
    Raindog...what do u make of Mikes comments? Is he throwing us a little red herring? 
    Simple: the new album is not done yet, they're working on it. 
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    At the same time. One of the "insiders" on here said that Eddie toured Europe in 2019 because other people in PJ wasn't interested in touring in 2019. 
    Totally untrue. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Raindog...what do u make of Mikes comments? Is he throwing us a little red herring? 
    Simple: the new album is not done yet, they're working on it. 
    Some people suggested he sounded frustrated, hopefully ‘work’ hasn’t hit a road block
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Some people suggested he sounded frustrated, hopefully ‘work’ hasn’t hit a road block
    May seem frustrated because he was there to promote his art project.
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    verceman said:
    Don’t think Pearl Jam uses sheet music to write new music.
    This. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    edited September 2019
    Is this it?   Rolling Stone.   Kind of seems hes saying he always has to adjust into that mode.  Might not be what u guys are referring to tho. 

A lot of times I dread it leading up to it. I’m like, “I don’t wanna leave home. I’m gonna miss my wife. I’m gonna miss my dogs. I’m gonna miss painting in my art room and the little routine that I have.” And then once you’re out there, you’re like, “Wow, this is crazy. This is a crazy life that we have.”

You guys seem to have broken free of the album/tour cycle, which really allows you to work at whatever pace you want.
    And that is just the greatest thing in the world [laughs]. Making a record and looking at the next year of dates was always daunting. It’s daunting for everyone. You show that to your wife and she’s like, “You’re going to be gone for nine of the next 13 months?” It’s tough. So now we can go out and play 30, 40 shows after you make the record. Then you can take a little break and the next year you can play another 30 or 40 shows.

“You’re going to be gone for nine of the next 13 months?” 

An unexpected comment regarding a band on the road for perhaps 2 months worth of shows over a time line that appears is going to reach 4 years (assuming the album is still in writing stage and they're not touring until it's nearly ready to release)?

I agree about missing family but they haven't been on the road 9 months in quite a long time.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446

Except when you don’t put out an album in 6 years and haven’t played as many as 30 shows since 2014. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    that wasn't it. Jeff stated explicitly (or someone stated explicitly on his behalf) that he hates touring. I'll try to find it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,996
    edited September 2019
    Im old and have confusion anyway. But i think it was a roadie. Yes it was the guy they sacked  said it. I just  remembered  whilst typing. Ricky  rammone was telling people on fb. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    that wasn't it. Jeff stated explicitly (or someone stated explicitly on his behalf) that he hates touring. I'll try to find it. 
    I don’t recall it being as strong a statement as this, but the context was in reference to building skateparks... paraphrasing... “more shows means that I can build more skateparks”. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I don’t recall it being as strong a statement as this, but the context was in reference to building skateparks... paraphrasing... “more shows means that I can build more skateparks”. 
    could be. I recall it being "I love the shows, I hate the travel" kind of thing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Mark, Missoula, MT: "How much pressure does the band feel from the fans to tour incessantly-as I believe there are many who consider you guys the best live rock band out there!"
    Jeff Ament: "I love playing....travelling to 5 cities a week, not so much."
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    edited September 2019
    on2legs said:

Except when you don’t put out an album in 6 years and haven’t played as many as 30 shows since 2014. 

It'd be interesting to get a quote from before his 29th birthday how much he hates touring and the potential to deposit six figures per show. 

One of the few great bands that dont need to do it in the era of limited album revenues. 

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Mark, Missoula, MT: "How much pressure does the band feel from the fans to tour incessantly-as I believe there are many who consider you guys the best live rock band out there!"
    Residency would fix that.  
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    raindog80 said:

raindog80 said:
    verceman said:
    Don’t think Pearl 
    Melbourne specifically...long way to travel but stay for 6 months. Lots of skateparks here too Jeff, surf down the coast for Eddie, great art for Mike, and the worlds best coffee for Stone. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarifying the comment.
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    raindog80 said:
    Maybe another reason why the Home Shows and Missoula were played last year.
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    So much tour talk in a new album thread.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarifying the comment.
    You're welcome. 
    pearljamonline.it