Options

#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• Options
    raindog80 said:
    This is interesting though.  Two board members that feel 100% of their belief in the album progress but are complete opposite on progress.
    The new PJ album is not done yet, they're working on it, as I already wrote on 08/22 ...
    Interesting. It would seem from Mike’s answer that they aren’t even in the recording process yet. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    Raindog80 to Dimi:

• Options
    Nobody is an insider. Utter  rubbish
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Raindog80 to Dimi:

I think they both look wrong if you ask me. Hopefully Mike is feeding us with BS. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I don’t know if I’d call them insiders... but dimi has had some solid info on tour dates the last few years that helped me out
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    raindog80 said:
    This is interesting though.  Two board members that feel 100% of their belief in the album progress but are complete opposite on progress.
    The new PJ album is not done yet, they're working on it, as I already wrote on 08/22 ...
    Interesting. It would seem from Mike’s answer that they aren’t even in the recording process yet. 
    This is splitting hairs, but I suppose you could interpret "writing" as "working on it".
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122

I said 2020 album & tour because of this important thing called the us election... obviously they like most don’t like the direction of the US, the Halloween shirt is more evidence to that

can I too be an insider? Or is captain obvious more appropriate?
  • Options
    The album will be out between March-May 2020

the band will tour doing what they’ve done in the past, a whole get out the vote, let’s get people registered. Ed meeting with candidates in Iowa, If i were a betting man this is the most likely timeline 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    So they might be almost done but they also might not have written one riff yet.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    mcgruff10 said:
    So they might be almost done but they also might not have written one riff yet.  
    ^^

It’s true. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I don’t know if I’d call them insiders... but dimi has had some solid info on tour dates the last few years that helped me out
    as i'm standing around The Porch, there are definitely credible sources here. it's dimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO of course, but also LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan, this has been confirmed several times. imo too small of a sample size for raindog80.

hard to get good new material out of an older band, even pj. easier to get amazing concerts. ballpark shows have been fantastic, but it's time to mix it up with some arenas/amphitheaters. i'm going to listen to the Hartford 10/25/2013 boot today, continue to monitor the bonkers merch convo here, and save my money for 2020. 

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Im more inclined to take Mike at his word.  The only body language i saw was “oh man i cant stand these questions when im promoting something else”

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Im more inclined to take Mike at his word.  The only body language i saw was “oh man i cant stand these questions when im promoting something else”

I get what you're saying, but it's not like he doesn't go into these things without knowing he'll be probed about something PJ.  This isn't his first rodeo.  His side projects are great, but PJ is what the majority of people want to talk about.  If PJ was no longer a band, then sure, the question would be off base.  But they're an "active band" that is supposedly making a record, so naturally in interviewer will ask the question.  Who the hell knows what his body language was.  As others have said, maybe it can be interpreted as "I also wish we could produce some f'n music but it just isn't happening."  Time will tell. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    kramer73 said:
    raindog80 said:
    This is splitting hairs, but I suppose you could interpret "writing" as "working on it".
    Exactly, writing is working. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    I think they both look wrong if you ask me. Hopefully Mike is feeding us with BS. 
    You wrong. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Wrong. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Raindog80 to Dimi:

I don't care about these things  :D
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    bbiggs said:

I get what you're saying, but it's not like he doesn't go into these things without knowing he'll be probed about something PJ.  This isn't his first rodeo.  His side projects are great, but PJ is what the majority of people want to talk about.  If PJ was no longer a band, then sure, the question would be off base.  But they're an "active band" that is supposedly making a record, so naturally in interviewer will ask the question.  Who the hell knows what his body language was.  As others have said, maybe it can be interpreted as "I also wish we could produce some f'n music but it just isn't happening."  Time will tell. 
    Yep.  We are desperate for news since we’re reading body language :lol:

i remember Jeff would definitely get annoyed at PJ questions during Three Fish and RNDM interviews.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I can definitely understand that frustration. you put your heart and soul into this artistic endeavor, and you can never escape questions about your main gig. it's inevitable, but obviously and understandably frustrating. 

the same even happens after bands break up. Liam and Noel put out new records, talk about that for a bit, then always get asked "so is Oasis going to reform?" "how is your relationship with your brother". I'd go into an interview saying "no questions about (this)". 

I'm pretty sure the headstones do this. they had a drummer, Dale, for 25 years. he "quit", or maybe got pushed out, i don't know. But he has basically been erased from their history, and not ONE interviewer has asked them about Dale. there's no way that would get glossed over by every single interviewer unless it was demanded by the band. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    so anytime between lightning bolt and now could be considered "WORKING ON THE ALBUM" 

also for tour predictions

Australia always Jan/Feb
    Europe June/July
    States/Canada been Fall as of late
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Yep.  We are desperate for news since we’re reading body language :lol:
    :lol:

pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    I propose an “insider” summit.  All the insiders get together each month and discuss insider info.  They then agree on one insider communication each month.  We need a defined process.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,882
    They could really throw us off track by again releasing a new song and calling it the first single from their forthcoming album. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    I propose an “insider” summit.  All the insiders get together each month and discuss insider info.  They then agree on one insider communication each month.  We need a defined process.  
    I thought they already did that.
    Its called alternativenation
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    that could be the new newsletter. reopen the rumor pit! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    These days, there's about enough information for once every 6 months.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    looks like Raindog is legit based on Mikes answer yesterday. He stood by his comments a few weeks ago and as of now he appears to be the insider. I will take his word for it going forward, thank you Raindog!
    I agree on the new Tool album comment. I imagine if I was a musician writing a new album and listened to that, holy shit! Got to step it up big time! 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    CROJAM95 said:
    so anytime between lightning bolt and now could be considered "WORKING ON THE ALBUM" 

also for tour predictions

Australia always Jan/Feb
    Europe June/July
    States/Canada been Fall as of late

Good tour predictions. I am going with ..

Australia Tour (Spring)
    USA Tour (Summer)
    Canadian Tour (Fall)

.. for 2020.
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    looks like Raindog is legit based on Mikes answer yesterday. He stood by his comments a few weeks ago and as of now he appears to be the insider. I will take his word for it going forward, thank you Raindog!
    You're welcome. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    raindog80 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    You're welcome. 
    Thanks for your info raindog.  Please keep it coming as you get it.  Have a great weekend.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......