Options

RIP CHADWICK

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited August 2019
    Bummed out.  

Ive been on this board for 21+ yrs and even tho i never knew Chad on a friendship level like some of my brothers here, these names and personalities are ingrained in my head just like my highschool friends and acquaintances.   Too young. 
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    RKCNDY said:
    Am I sad? Yes/yes? 
    I love you rollings...
    May his spirit fill the hole left in your heart... 
    This.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    it’s good to see people who have left the forum coming back to pay respect to our friend.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this sad, sad news. Rollings, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Chadwick was so funny and weird in such a good way, and while I only knew him digitally, I really appreciated his existence. That his last days were spent caring for his mom when she needed him most says a lot about what kind of person he was.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Wobbie said:
    it’s good to see people who have left the forum coming back to pay respect to our friend.
    Yes I thought the same thing old names stopping by to say kind words is really nice !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    The  night after Chad passed, (Wednesday night)  I was reading one of his poems from here and I started to write something . I then wanted to know how many cells are there in a human body, so I was googling it.

Then my phone made a noise like it might when I get two rapid texts in a row. 

But it wasn't a text, it was a notification. ..ok..

It said ' your Google search results are ready" 

What? ? ? ?  I never received a notification like this before. 

So I clicked on it and  , it was a Google search of 'hello"

"hello"
    well I certainly did not google hello that day or night on purpose or by accident

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    rollings said:
    The  night after Chad passed, (Wednesday night)  I was reading one of his poems from here and I started to write something . I then wanted to know how many cells are there in a human body, so I was googling it.

"hello"
    well I certainly did not google hello that day or night on purpose or by accident

:o 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    edited August 2019
    Damn! Sorry to hear this....
    Chadwick was one of the good guys. 

Felt this was appropriate:
    And wherever you've gone...and wherever we might go...
    It don't seem fair...today just disappeared...
    Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars
    Post edited by stuckinline on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rollings said:

"hello"

:o 
    @rollings !!!!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hey, D, I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know him but I know you and what a wonderful person you are, so for him to be a part of your life means he was a special person. I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that the community is here for you if you need it.

-ruddo
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    updated OP with chads obit. bottom of the post.

weirdly ironic and appropriate I guess, no words for the wordsmith.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

There's a reason for the vacant obit. Basically, there is nobody in his family that has 2 cents to rub together, literally.  Being that I am not official family, the funeral home would not talk/listen to me about his matters at all. So there you have it. Wow, bare boned is right

Like you said , almost fitting 

• Options
    rollings said:
    mickeyrat said:

There's a reason for the vacant obit. Basically, there is nobody in his family that has 2 cents to rub together, literally.  Being that I am not official family, the funeral home would not talk/listen to me about his matters at all. So there you have it. Wow, bare boned is right

Like you said , almost fitting 

what could be said to do him and his way with words justice?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Vikings don't need obits.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    47. jesus that's young. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    I'm so glad the various Chad threads have been bumped. So much evidence of how naturally rollings and chadwick complemented one another. :)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    mickeyrat said:

Was he really from Denmark (the country)?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Horrible news.
    He always made me laugh.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

Was he really from Denmark (the country)?
    Iowa....

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Sorry to read of Chadwicks passing on. I always had to check out his posts. A unique and good character he was. Loving thoughts go out to Rollings and everyone feeling his absence. 
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    I only knew chadwick just through the board over the years and am terribly saddened to read of his tragic passing. Thoughts are with everyone who knew him ❤

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited August 2019
    Didn’t know him. Just getting to read his posts from people reposting in old threads. My heart goes out to Rollings and those who knew and loved him. May he get to be front row at every PJ show in the future, in spirit and the hearts of those in attendance. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Wait a minute, I'm not on here as often as I used to be in the past. However, are we talking Chadwick who I believe at one time had double knee replacement?

Holla back with answer please.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yes sir, indeed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    FYI, I have been sharing these pages with my family and friends as his passing has really been overwhelming and unbelievable for alot of us. 

• Options

I have been thinking of the song Black 
    and how every single thing I do, or hold, or turn to, or look at, or think about is affected . 

• Options
    rollings said:

and how every single thing I do, or hold, or turn to, or look at, or think about is affected . 

I turned to disc 2 lost dogs.  Fatal, Other Side, Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, Wash........

then some of  Binaural

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,917
    mickeyrat said:
    rollings said:

I turned to disc 2 lost dogs.  Fatal, Other Side, Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, Wash........

then some of  Binaural
    All perfect!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Harpsichord part II

chadwickchadwick
    November 2012 
    and so the harpsichords played
    sounding like butterflies and desperate hands of silk
    the fluttering so gentle
    the chaos so simple
    the sounds so delightful yet dangerous and simply out of tune rather quickly

the notes lost alongside each piece of pain
    as if insane to the wolves challenging moonlight or raindrops
    and again this is her sounding ride
    she will take all of me inside of her as if the lake ancient and drowning her and i

ages have flew
    cages have sunk beneath
    this our love locked lips
    our goals
    our glooming city of no name
    the titleless environment
    still beautiful in sound
    one's ears have a chance to escape run away
    or simply stay put
    ride the shadow of stillness
    empty your minds and explore the foundation of plenty through empty

and so when the daily newspaper print many vacancies
    the sound heard will be bach & handel
    water music on choirs
    against every altar
    with blasting rituals
    some with blood & bones
    horns & collective clovers from the nearby wood

here some tiny mushrooms gather in great numbers taking over
    as if a stump of hickory or oak
    sometimes barbwire feels like rubbing me down in laughter
    again without ability to movement & have
    i am torn to bits as pleasure fills with sound
    old and new fingers
    age and the end
    youth & the maze of life
    the ear blood the surprise
    the again the picture the free & the desperate coin begging to be spent
    the eaten bread
    soup cold and ready

sound sound harpsichord sound
    lost sound
    wilderness pain & sun filled blankets cover each stool
    present or void of serpent
    the hungry worm
    rotten apple tree & rainbow of a homeward bound trail

somehow our meeting of a sexual nature was spoiled to the core
    yet as beautiful as personalized envelopes struggle for our opening
    yours with mine inside
    sword to the wound
    blood to the brace
    uplifted hips to my lips
    cups of tea the musical taste of following love
    simple honeybees gathered next to harpsichords out in the wilds
    the fragrant pillows they spoke here
    said were our skin
    spoken were our souls
    the next daisies were up
    all the colors budding to the sounds
    each piece was at peace
    your lips my ending where i died
    your mouth that took my very life
    no safety net holding us tight
    and in this picture old men collected our senses at the foot of this insane instrument
    the mind of its own
    the wizard of sound
    the ride of carnival
    and of each one a lover to the other
    all of you and all of me between the miles compressed into a few solid inches
    warmed by a furnance of earth, stones, twigs, light & ash
    and in this unseeded garden you can only imagine the chances of glorious rides
    touch and taste
    and the feeling of sound
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Oh my goodness, I'm finding this  hard to believe. Here he is trying to help his mother through a terrible disease and this happens. He is/was one down to earth PJ brother, I really liked his posts, years ago they kept me captivated on here. 

I'm doing the very same thing for my mother up here in MD from FL. Trying to do all i can for her in her fight just like he did. Well wherever he is I hope he strikes up a conversation with our other passed on poet Pandora. That's a site to be seen right there.

My prayers and positive thoughts are all for the family as they're grieving this sudden loss.
    Rest peacefully Chadwick, rest peacefully.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)