Options

RIP CHADWICK

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    This is a sad day. I think pretty much the majority of people here adored Chadwick, regardless of how much we interacted with him. I didn't find my way to Chad's Opinion Thread until recently, but I always enjoyed reading his poems. 

I'm really sorry, rollings (and family).
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Oh fuck. Very sad to hear this news. Certainly brought laughter and goodness to many here. I can't begin to imagine what a shining light he was to those close to him. 

R.I.P 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    Only knew of him from the boards. Made me laugh at some of his post.

Way too young who will be missed.

RIP Chadwick.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this. Heartfelt condolences to rollings and family. I admired Chadwick's genuine soul and way with words. 
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Forgive me but at first I thought the thread title was a joke, oh my God, very sad to hear this.  I just got news of a life long friend who cheated death just this week.  It truly is a wake up call to reach out and tell those you love that you love that they're in your life.  Oh this is just unbelievable sad news.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    People have summed up Chadwick pretty well in the previous posts. I feel the same way as everyone else and don't have much to add. I will say, tho, that Chad was a constant source of levity and friendship during my yearlong cancer treatment of 2011-12.

RIP my friend.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,915
    So many heartfelt tributes being shared today. Chadwick was unlike any other.  My heartfelt condolences to all who knew and loved him.  May your afterlife be all that you hoped it would be Chadwick.  I’ll raise a toast to your memory this evening.  Skål!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ahhh no way.  Just seeing this.  

RIP.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    I've been thinking about Chadwich and Rollings all day with a heavy heart.  Good souls, good people.  Great to see all the love pouring out here on this thread.  Good souls, all.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    brianlux said:
    I've been thinking about Chadwich and Rollings all day with a heavy heart.  Good souls, good people.  Great to see all the love pouring out here on this thread.  Good souls, all.
    Well put
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    Chad! Holy shit! I am stunned to read this.

I am so sorry. 

I have not been on here in quite some time. I came back tonight browse some threads and saw this. 

Chad was someone that I always looked forward to reading his posts. You hang around here long enough you get to know people a bit and you can almost predict what any given poster is going to type before they type it. Chad was not one of those people. He was always entertaining. He could be angry, sarcastic at times, and incredibly sweet and sincere at others. Everything he typed had a passion to it. Years ago I never really knew how to take him because I could never tell when he was being serious. It took me a while to "get" him. He always said what he felt, and it was always his truth and I admired the shit out of him for that. We had many interactions publicly on the forums over the years. I never met him in person. About 5 or 6 years ago I began to do a lot of writing and had nobody to bounce it off of. There were times where I bounced an idea of two off of him and he was always extremely helpful and free with his feedback. I think that is where I connected with him more than at any other time.

I stopped coming around here as much because life has kind of gotten in the way. I would check in here every couple of months and browse. The last few times I did I thought it was weird that there were not a lot of posts from him. He was one of the people I would look for their posts just to see what he was up to.  I figured he got busy too.

I had not known that he and rollings had gotten close. It made me happy to hear that, but at the same time It saddened me knowing that he passed and she would be mourning more than any of us. It breaks my heart. 

My deepest sympathies are with rollings and chad's family, and all of those who are sad tonight. Chad was one of a kind, and those of us that go way back on these forums know that. As I sit here thinking about him and typing, I imagine him taking his place among the heroes in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Rest in peace Chad.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    ^^^great tribute
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    ^^^great tribute
    Yup.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

I am so sorry. 

I have not been on here in quite some time. I came back tonight browse some threads and saw this. 

Chad was someone that I always looked forward to reading his posts. You hang around here long enough you get to know people a bit and you can almost predict what any given poster is going to type before they type it. Chad was not one of those people. He was always entertaining. He could be angry, sarcastic at times, and incredibly sweet and sincere at others. Everything he typed had a passion to it. Years ago I never really knew how to take him because I could never tell when he was being serious. It took me a while to "get" him. He always said what he felt, and it was always his truth and I admired the shit out of him for that. We had many interactions publicly on the forums over the years. I never met him in person. About 5 or 6 years ago I began to do a lot of writing and had nobody to bounce it off of. There were times where I bounced an idea of two off of him and he was always extremely helpful and free with his feedback. I think that is where I connected with him more than at any other time.

I stopped coming around here as much because life has kind of gotten in the way. I would check in here every couple of months and browse. The last few times I did I thought it was weird that there were not a lot of posts from him. He was one of the people I would look for their posts just to see what he was up to.  I figured he got busy too.

I had not known that he and rollings had gotten close. It made me happy to hear that, but at the same time It saddened me knowing that he passed and she would be mourning more than any of us. It breaks my heart. 

My deepest sympathies are with rollings and chad's family, and all of those who are sad tonight. Chad was one of a kind, and those of us that go way back on these forums know that. As I sit here thinking about him and typing, I imagine him taking his place among the heroes in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Rest in peace Chad.

nicely said gimme. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718

I am so sorry. 

Rest in peace Chad.

Oh man, beautifully said.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    " knowing that he passed and she would be mourning more than any of us. It breaks my heart"

You are so kind

What I would do to have 7 minutes just  to talk to him is indescribable.

As huge as his goodness was is as huge as the hole he left

I was describing to my sister, he is everywhere in this house.  sad it is for me, but his good is everywhere to be found and felt 
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Wow I just heard the news. I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to Chad's family and loved ones. RIP man, you were one of the good ones. 💗
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Very sad to hear the news.  Love to you @rollings and Chad's friends and family.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers (real thoughts and prayers, not bullshit thoughts and prayers).  
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    The  lyrics. 
    "I'm the shape  of the hole inside your heart"
    Fit here i think
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Sad news again..RIP..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Brutal .. RIP Chad!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Oh fuck me not the news I was expecting damn RIP brother you will be missed , loved his post & poetry he was one of the poster I would of loved to have met in person ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    So sorry to hear this news.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Very sad news, condolences to all. 

Nice shirt.
  • Options

Sad news

My condolences to all friends and family

Michael

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Am I sad? Yes/yes? 
    I love you rollings...
    May his spirit fill the hole left in your heart... 
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Very sad news.  Condolences to friends and family.  

• Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    There are a few people on this site that make a difference in people’s life. Chadwick was one of them. My condolences to rollins & to all that have known him. RIP Chad
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Bad Brains asked me to pass along a message: "Bad Brains is bummed to hear about the passing of the resident 10C Viking. Gonna go take a swim in a lake in his honor. My condolences to Rollins & Chadwick's family. Rest in POWER, Chadwick. You were a one of a kind (soul)."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    RKCNDY said:
    Am I sad? Yes/yes? 
    I love you rollings...
    May his spirit fill the hole left in your heart... 
    I love this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com