Options

RIP CHADWICK

Comments

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    I sent him a message yesterday because I wanted to have some fun.... I had no idea. 

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    Evsgjamm... I feel ya. I looked for Chadwick first thing too. He always had something kind to say about my poetry.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    OMG.  i am so, so, soooo late to this news but damn!  loved chadwick, he had such style and a total sweetheart.  such tragic news.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Damn.  I haven't been here in forever.  This wrecks me.  Chad was always so supportive in his encouragement for other people to express themselves through their writing in that poetry forum.  My best to his family...RIP friend...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    omg, I had no idea. I haven't been here in some time and after looking at AMT, thought I would look at AET for some fun. This is the first thing I saw. I hoped it was a joke. Crushed. Love to rollings and his family.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    It's been a very long time since I've checked in here, I'm so sorry to hear this. 
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Wonderful to see the love for Chad and Rollins poured out here.  All your words bring tears to my eyes yet again. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    This thread is a great reminder to tell the people you love that you do. And never  be afraid to show love.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    brianlux said:
    Wonderful to see the love for Chad and Rollins poured out here.  All your words bring tears to my eyes yet again. 
    Hi, me too. 

i read each post in this thread a few nights ago and wow, did I cry.  I wish I could hug all of you. 

I am grateful I had Chad in my life when I did.

His enthusiasm for just about everything is so missed.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    :hug: to you, Diane.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    There was always a genuineness in everything he said that few can convey as well as he did.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    seems like a lifetime ago but its been just a year.

miss you buddy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mickeyrat said:
    seems like a lifetime ago but its been just a year.

miss you buddy.
    And the world has turned to shit in the past year....coincidence? Yes/no
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    What a strange year.  The world would have been a better place with the Viking poet in it.
    Still would have been shitty, but would have been a better version of shitty.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    What a strange year.  The world would have been a better place with the Viking poet in it.

I cant even imagine the commentary we would have been graced with.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    He and his ways are very much missed. 

Always good thoughts to Diane. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There’s just so much damn wood that needs unchopping. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:
    So, so, true!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dankind said:
    So, so, true!
    This 
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Hi. Love and peace to you all. These are the grounds where Chad stomped the best. :yin_yang:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887

you can say that again man :sad:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rollings said:
    Hi. Love and peace to you all. These are the grounds where Chad stomped the best. :yin_yang:
    This game of shit and piss.....he always "upped" his game.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Its been a few years, but I think of Chadwick often.
    I kept Chadwicks book of poetry (along with Brian Lux's book) in my guitar case after I had finished reading them. When I used to play gigs, I'd open up the case and smile every time. Those books put me in a good place when I needed them.
    Anyway.. I havent played live shows in a few years but busted out my old Gibson SG a few days ago, and lo and behold, there are the books and I could hear Chadwick's personality pouring through from some other dimension.
    Rest In Peace buddy...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I tried to buy Chad's book a while back, but the url in his signature didn't work. @brianlux you might like the post above
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I kept Chadwicks book of poetry (along with Brian Lux's book) in my guitar case after I had finished reading them. When I used to play gigs, I'd open up the case and smile every time. Those books put me in a good place when I needed them.
    Anyway.. I havent played live shows in a few years but busted out my old Gibson SG a few days ago, and lo and behold, there are the books and I could hear Chadwick's personality pouring through from some other dimension.
    Rest In Peace buddy...
    Sweet post. I miss chadwick and his chadwickisms. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    I just brought him up today to Brian.  Interesting that we have all thought about him today.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    hedonist said:
    Rest In Peace buddy...
    Man he was one super cool dude. I can remember talking to him about knee replacement. Something I may have to face in a few years. By all means 🙏  RIP.

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Totally miss him and his way with words! He was a genuine man! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    g under p said:
    hedonist said:
    Rest In Peace buddy...
    Man he was one super cool dude. I can remember talking to him about knee replacement. Something I may have to face in a few years. By all means 🙏  RIP.

✌️
    I miss his randomness. He was a lot of fun to chat with over the years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    He was a great guy. So supportive when I was doubting what I was doing musically. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com