Options

RIP CHADWICK

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    A unique soul who made people laugh and made people think, and if those aren't two of the most important parts of life I don't know what are. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Some people, you just think are immortal until the universe cruelly exposes your folly   

@rollings , please don’t hesitate to reach out if you or anyone else who loved or was beloved by this amazing and terribly missed soul needs anything at all. 

RIP, Chadwick. On you sweep with threshing oar, brother. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Fuck!  Like many, I only knew him here but I loved that guy!  His posts brought so much laughter over the years; the forum will certainly miss his inherent wisdom, humor, and heart.  Donation made.
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Heartfelt condolences to all of you grieving the loss of Chadwick. 
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    This makes me sad. My deepest condolences to Rollings and Chadwick's family. I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Terribly sad.  Best wishes to all that loved him. 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'm sure he had some wise words for me, I can't remember as I have not seen him on here much lately and it's been so long since we interacted. 
    I'd like to dig through the archives to see what I can find.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    I'm sure he had some wise words for me, I can't remember as I have not seen him on here much lately and it's been so long since we interacted. 
    a particular someone used his postings to make trouble  for him out in the world.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,913
    Gut punch. What devastating news. He was a wonderful part of this community.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    mickeyrat said:
    a particular someone used his postings to make trouble  for him out in the world.
    wtf? that sucks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Damn...that is too young.  Same age as my brother when he passed.  He will be missed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mickeyrat said:
    Seriously?? Unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    My condolences to his family, he was good fun on the board

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Thank you everyone for your kindness.

Chad was the one I would turn to when I felt this bad.

For as lost as I am right now, coming here  and reading what everyone has written makes me feel good, thank you
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    Wow terrible. He seemed like a really good dude.  So sorry for those close to him
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I've not been on here for a very long time, but I did enjoy chatting with Chadwick back when I did come on here, I think I sent a few things for his PJ wall, a t-shirt, a ticket from a PJ show and I k ow I have a (or maybe 2) book of his somewhere, I have the urge to find it now.

This is such sad news!
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    This is so sad. My heart goes out to his friends and family. Rest in Peace. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rollings said:
    Thank you everyone for your kindness.

Chad was the one I would turn to when I felt this bad.

For as lost as I am right now, coming here  and reading what everyone has written makes me feel good, thank you
    He had so many friends here; so many of us with whom he was our friend, and us his.  "Friend" - a term I think neither he nor I used loosely.  We shared some great conversations over the years, and his love for you was immeasurable and huge, like the man himself.

I found him valiant, pure, honest, and incredibly soulful.  I'm so fucking sorry his physical life is no more.

Much love to you, Diane.  Let us shoulder what we can.

Fare thee well, dear friend
    Fare thee well, dear brother
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    We have definitely lost a unique, kind, funny member of our community.

My condolences to Rollings and his family. This is heartbreaking news.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    vogonpoetbythelakevogonpoetbythelake Posts: 2,146
    edited August 2019
    So sad to hear this...there was a time that Sir Chadwicks musings and poetry floated me out of despair and egged me on  to engage with life on a level I had never tried for..he encouraged one to look at tragedy and joy straight in the third eye...to this day a flock of birds  always has a Chadwick spirit and lifts a song to the great beyond...my heart weeps and yet is lifted  by the wondering words that he shared...    so thankful to have met him on these boards...R.I.P
    Post edited by vogonpoetbythelake on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Chadwick alone could provide the proper words for the untimely passing of someone like Chadwick.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I'm going to do something weird and manly in his honor.
    Maybe eat a banana with the peel on or chop down a fallen tree just to feel the axe bite...
    I will try to remember you anytime I use a bladed tool, big guy, and I will give myself some shame every time I trim my beard.

RIP good sir.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    mickeyrat said:
    I regret to inform you of the passing of our resident Mad Poet King Chadwick. He was found unresponsive in the kitchen of his mothers house in Iowa Tuesday afternoon.

He had been there for several months now caring for his dying mother during her final bout with cancer.

An autopsy will be preformed to determine cause but  its thought at this early stage to be from a massive heart attack or an aneurysm.

Details on services to follow. in lieu of flowers,  consider a donation to a cause or causes as yet to be determined.

Thoughts and prayers to his mother and to @rollings and her boys are appreciated.

this news is a real kick in the balls and full of piss and shit. yes/no?

Chad Krueger
    June 10, 1972 - August 20, 2019

Services details to come...

in lieu of flowers donations to Autism Speaks are welcomed and can be done here in his name.

Donation made, thanks for the info, Mickey. 

I couldn't fill in all the info they wanted to personalized in Chad's name, Rollings, but know that's where my heart is at.  I wish there was more I could do.  But I do sent out love and good thoughts.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,265
    This is horrible. Chad was always one of my favorites on this board and the others that predated it. His combination of wisdom, humor, weirdness and kindness were always apparent. I always looked forward to whatever he had to say and I will miss him. 

So sorry for your loss
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited August 2019
    I had to come back here when I heard about this.  Chad was a legend and at one of the most miserable times of my life, he used to cheer me up by kicking my ass and truth blasting me.  His poetry, which I have the pleasure of reading, was beautiful and really spoke to me.  There was and will be only one Chad and i'm sure he knew that.  RIP my singular friend.

BD
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I feel like the @chadwick - @rollings love story is one for the ages and that @riley540 should get on with making the film. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I've not posted here in...  a long time.  In ways it was because it had reminded me of things... friends that I had lost due to... life.  

I recently came back and lurked .. just last week to look over old threads to see if any of my "friends" were still active on this board.  

I came across so many shared messages from Sir Chadwick and myself. Comenting on one anothers poetry and such.  It made me long for the "good ol days" of when this message board was in its "prime".   A lot of those feelings were due to him. 

I'm sorry I didnt just post to Express that to him.  

He was one of the good guys.  His presence on this spinning rock will be missed.

@rollings...   I have no words.  I am sorry for your loss.  If there is anything....   please reach out.  

Peace, love.  

-Steve
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    mickeyrat said:
    huh?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I hadn't interacted with him in some time. he used to be a regular AMTer but then I think moved on to AET. He always made me laugh (except the one time he told me he was going to drive his truck through the front of my house). He was a good and kind soul, you could just tell. 

Half the time I never knew what he was talking about, but it also didn't matter. HE knew. 

I had no idea he and rollings were in a relationship. My sincere condolences to you. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    Very sad to see this....RIP Chad
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I can't say anything that hasn't been said better than I can say it. So sad! 
    #FHP