brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    wtf is this shit?...Political puppet...Comedy Gold 😂
    I'll ask this like I ask every climate change denier: what is the political or economic upside to peddling a climate change hoax?
    Ok *** First*** of all I'm not a climate change denier...so a great way to --->JUDGE<--- but whatever!..........................maybe you should ask that question yourself...
    not judging, just making an observation based on comments. fine, then why do you call her a political puppet?
    You make a --->JUDGEMENT<--- then deny it but whatever!...observation?...are you serious?...anyway I asked you a question
    Why bother coming here and commenting if you don't want to have a conversation.
    I fucking love that video that SC posted. 
    Well to be fair, people can be pissed at adults holding a child up as some hero. So really some may be in that boat, but not necessarily everyone.
    Well to be fair, it's pretty transparent that posters feel the need to actively come in here and attack (a 16 year old girl). And, with that - trying to dance around it with other reasons for the behaviour is easily seen through also. 
    Huh? Don’t be a pussy. Name names of you feel the need to attack someone. 

You need to watch this on repeat and rid yourself of this sexism of yours. It's just icky. (It's 2019 after all):

https://youtu.be/XjJQBjWYDTs

I feel sad that some men have to use these terms in order to feel strong and manly, and equally so when some women have to diminish their own gender in order to feel cool and “part of the gang” and use those words too. We don’t need more oppression in this world; rather, we need to start making people feel valued and appreciated. Again, it starts with something as easy as thinking twice about what we say.

http://www.eskapee.com/shorts/voices-stop-using-pussy/

Divert the question and change topics...
    I'll leave you and the others to duke it out, but I'm open to hearing what issues you have with Greta Thunberg if you don't mind my asking?

Rather than provoke, let's give i_love_it a chance to explain why he has issues with this.  Obviously, I think Greta is great, but I want to be open minded enough to hear what others have to say.
    They were free to explain their position but chose to insult everyone instead.

Not worth anyone's time, except maybe for a laugh.
    I have not personally been insulted by i_love_it.    I'm willing to listen to what i_love_it has to say on the subject, so I asked.  Anyone not interested hearing what he has to say can always opt to not respond here. 

I really don't understand the point of keeping the spin cycle going.  I'm not here to get tangled up in these ridiculous  back-and-forth arguments that go nowhere. That kind of bullshit is why a lot of people avoid this place.  If I ask a question and get no answer or the response is off topic or aggressive, I just move on.  Who the hell has time for these quarrelsome little spats anyway? 
    look back at the thread, brian. we legitimately tried to find out the issues this person has with greta. all we got back was insults. this person even trolled me for it in another separate thread. So yes, I moved on. 
    Classic projection...
    Take the trolling somewhere else.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    I'll ask this like I ask every climate change denier: what is the political or economic upside to peddling a climate change hoax?
    Ok *** First*** of all I'm not a climate change denier...so a great way to --->JUDGE<--- but whatever!..........................maybe you should ask that question yourself...
    not judging, just making an observation based on comments. fine, then why do you call her a political puppet?
    You make a --->JUDGEMENT<--- then deny it but whatever!...observation?...are you serious?...anyway I asked you a question
    Well to be fair, people can be pissed at adults holding a child up as some hero. So really some may be in that boat, but not necessarily everyone.
    of course they can, if they stick to the issue. most are just slinging mud at her looks or her asperger's. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Well to be fair, it's pretty transparent that posters feel the need to actively come in here and attack (a 16 year old girl). And, with that - trying to dance around it with other reasons for the behaviour is easily seen through also. 

You need to watch this on repeat and rid yourself of this sexism of yours. It's just icky. (It's 2019 after all):

I feel sad that some men have to use these terms in order to feel strong and manly, and equally so when some women have to diminish their own gender in order to feel cool and “part of the gang” and use those words too. We don’t need more oppression in this world; rather, we need to start making people feel valued and appreciated. Again, it starts with something as easy as thinking twice about what we say.

I'll leave you and the others to duke it out, but I'm open to hearing what issues you have with Greta Thunberg if you don't mind my asking?

Rather than provoke, let's give i_love_it a chance to explain why he has issues with this.  Obviously, I think Greta is great, but I want to be open minded enough to hear what others have to say.

I have not personally been insulted by i_love_it.    I'm willing to listen to what i_love_it has to say on the subject, so I asked.  Anyone not interested hearing what he has to say can always opt to not respond here. 

I really don't understand the point of keeping the spin cycle going.  I'm not here to get tangled up in these ridiculous  back-and-forth arguments that go nowhere. That kind of bullshit is why a lot of people avoid this place.  If I ask a question and get no answer or the response is off topic or aggressive, I just move on.  Who the hell has time for these quarrelsome little spats anyway? 
    look back at the thread, brian. we legitimately tried to find out the issues this person has with greta. all we got back was insults. this person even trolled me for it in another separate thread. So yes, I moved on. 
    Classic projection...
    You can't even answer simple questions...
  • Options
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    of course they can, if they stick to the issue. most are just slinging mud at her looks or her asperger's. 
    Yup, not cool. 

You know, I didn’t even know until recently about the Asperger. When I first saw it I thought it was just a mean thing to say and wasn’t even true. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Classic projection...
    He can’t find a meme 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I asked you why you thought she was a political puppet. 
    your response was "maybe you should ask yourself that question". how on earth is that a question I'm supposed to answer?
    then your "question" to dignin was "are you on drugs or dillusional". I think we all assumed that was obviously mostly an attack and rhetorical. 
    I don't know what question you asked SC. 
    yes, i said your "questions" were nonsense because they weren't questions and made no sense. 

But if you want to make such a claim (Greta being a political puppet), be prepared to answer it. Otherwise......
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Are you for real?...all you could do is attack and judge with no real proper conversation...then you mention insults?...go back and read the thread properly...now you mention trolled?...are you serious?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Yup, not cool. 

You know, I didn’t even know until recently about the Asperger. When I first saw it I thought it was just a mean thing to say and wasn’t even true. 
    I didn't know about it either, I mean, I don't think asperger's is something you can really pick out by physical appearance, is it? I don't know enough about it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    although I was surprised to learn she was 16. my 13 year old looks older than her, but that's neither here nor there anyway. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I just re-read through my comments on this thread and in no way did I insult HFD as that person pointed out...
  • Options
    So HFD I ask you where did I insult you and troll you?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    So HFD I ask you where did I insult you and troll you?
    if you don't want to answer the question I asked you pages ago that you've been deflecting with all of this "rude" and "on drugs" garbage, then don't bother. 

and the trolling, I'd have to look back, I can't recall which thread. it was a day or so ago, i noticed you responded to a post I made in another thread with "this is NONSENSE" or something like that. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    there it is. in the trump thread. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Classic projection...
    He can’t find a meme 
    you're nearly as obsessed with SC as you claimed he was about the US.  ;)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I asked you why you thought she was a political puppet. 
    your response was "maybe you should ask yourself that question". how on earth is that a question I'm supposed to answer?
    then your "question" to dignin was "are you on drugs or dillusional". I think we all assumed that was obviously mostly an attack and rhetorical. 
    I don't know what question you asked SC. 
    yes, i said your "questions" were nonsense becaunse they weren't questions and made no sense. 

But if you want to make such a claim (Greta being a political puppet), be prepared to answer it. Otherwise......
    Ok your first question is very disrepectful as you made a judgement and an attack straight away so that was insulting but then when quoting Brian said that I was insulting so projection on your behalf maybe?

And why are you bringing dignin into this I don't know why surely he can answer for himself as I'm not bringing anyone else into this...

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Well said Brian some people just like to think they're right and all I got was judgement and insults...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    @i_lov_it are you interested in explaining why you think Greta is a political puppet? 
    It's my understanding that she started a protest movement by sitting outside Parliament by herself in a school strike didn't she?  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited September 2019
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    True, they totally can (no matter what bad reasons they have).
    FWIW, Thunberg is the exact same age Joan of Arc was when she first pushed to meet with King Charles VII to start saving France. And Joan of Arc was far less educated than Thunberg. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited September 2019
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Hey, if you want to waste your time I'm not here to stand in your way.

Was just trying to give some friendly advice.

Also, just because I haven't been personally insulted by someone, doesn't mean I can't make a judgment about their character and act accordingly. See Trump. 

Anyways, happy snow day everyone!!
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Well said Brian some people just like to think they're right and all I got was judgement and insults...
    yes, I assumed you were a climate change denier because of your comment. you said I was wrong, and I said "fine", and it was time to move on. you refuse to. I'm guessing it's because you don't know how to explain why you said what you said about her. or you could be one of those people who likes to run around yelling "FIRE" when you are the one holding the match. But, I could be wrong. just my perception of the last few pages of this discussion. 

If I always thought I was right I wouldn't come here for discussion. Mind you, some do, and you can tell who they are. But I'm not one of them. If you'd like to discuss Greta/climate change and why you think she's a political puppet, I'm all ears.   
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Classic projection...
    He can’t find a meme 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:

Classic projection...
    He can’t find a meme 
    Well since no one else will call out the nonsense, I guess I will. Watchyamouth HFD!

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Why do some of you not leave i_lov_it alone?  This person owes none of you any explanation for why or how they feel about a certain topic.  Jeesh.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Dum de dumm dum dum, ooops, pardon me!   Hhmmm, hmm hmm, hm hm.. oh, scuse muah!   La ti da da da,  ohh sorry 'bout that!

...  jeez... anybody know which way to the Lounge Car?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Why do some of you not leave i_lov_it alone?  This person owes none of you any explanation for why or how they feel about a certain topic.  Jeesh.  
    because if you come to a thread to drop an incendiary comment like that and refuse to explain it, that's what we call: TROLLING. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    because if you come to a thread to drop an incendiary comment like that and refuse to explain it, that's what we call: TROLLING. 
    Being the curious person that I am, I wish i_lov_it would have explained why he is not a fan of Greta Thunberg but the reactions to his initial comment sent the whole thing whirling into the AMT abyss and we will likely never know.  So my thought is, let's move on and see what Greta is up to.

...hold on...

...OK, here's what new:

Apparently the Republican party has a teenage girl problem.  Here's what The Guardian has to say about that:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Being the curious person that I am, I wish i_lov_it would have explained why he is not a fan of Greta Thunberg but the reactions to his initial comment sent the whole thing whirling into the AMT abyss and we will likely never know.  So my thought is, let's move on and see what Greta is up to.

...hold on...

...OK, here's what new:

Apparently the Republican party has a teenage girl problem.  Here's what The Guardian has to say about that:

It up to that person to decide if they want to share their opinion with you.  But how could you blame someone with the opposite opinion of the masses on this message board for not sharing more with you?  People here like to pile on.  Example A...the post above yours.  Good 'ol Hugh has me on ignore but can still see my comment.  And that's what some were doing with i_lov_it.  

There is a thing called moving on.  Or as I say sometimes, "we will just have to agree to disagree" and this place needs more of that.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Get over yourself.  YOU ARE NOT that IMPORTANT...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Get over yourself.  YOU ARE NOT that IMPORTANT...
    :dizzy:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianlux said:

...hold on...

...OK, here's what new:

look, if they are going to fly off the fucking handle by being mislabeled as something they say they aren't, then really, i don't think we were ever going to get a straight answer. i literally said "i made an observation based on the comment" and then "fine (and repeated my question). i think my assumption was perfectly justified, even if it turned out incorrect. and i've been called things a thousand times worse and still answered the question posed. they never intended on answering, looking back, in my opinion. and that's fine. live and learn not to engage with that type of person. 

if they are so fucking petty as to follow me to an unrelated thread and troll me, like i said, live and learn. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com