Options

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg on cover of TIME

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
  • Options
    “Children like me are giving up their education to protest.”

Well that’s not good is it? 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Depends on how much stock you put into your local education policies.

Ours teaches to a test, so I put basically zero stock in it.

Kids are better off in the streets.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Bet youre really worried
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

greta and michael

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankind said:

Depends on how much stock you put into your local education policies.

Ours teaches to a test, so I put basically zero stock in it.

Kids are better off in the streets.
    Fair enough. Well other than kids being better off in the streets. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870

with no habitibal planet, school is not a concern. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    wtf is this shit?...Political puppet...Comedy Gold 😂
  • Options

with no habitibal planet, school is not a concern. 
    Says Who?
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    I'll ask this like I ask every climate change denier: what is the political or economic upside to peddling a climate change hoax?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    I'll ask this like I ask every climate change denier: what is the political or economic upside to peddling a climate change hoax?
    Ok *** First*** of all I'm not a climate change denier...so a great way to --->JUDGE<--- but whatever!..........................maybe you should ask that question yourself...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Ok *** First*** of all I'm not a climate change denier...so a great way to --->JUDGE<--- but whatever!..........................maybe you should ask that question yourself...
    not judging, just making an observation based on comments. fine, then why do you call her a political puppet?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i_lov_it said:
    Making billions off of green energy investments ;)  

Plus you get to "own" the evil corporations and get the to lose lots of $. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

No, not good at all. Our generation and our parents generation should feel guilty and ashamed for not doing a damn thing and putting it on her generation to fix this.

So yeah, I would say that is less than ideal for her.
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    not judging, just making an observation based on comments. fine, then why do you call her a political puppet?
    You make a --->JUDGEMENT<--- then deny it but whatever!...observation?...are you serious?...anyway I asked you a question
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    You make a --->JUDGEMENT<--- then deny it but whatever!...observation?...are you serious?...anyway I asked you a question

• Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    ok, call it whatever you wish. Assumption, judgement. who fucking cares. you're avoiding the question by arguing semantics.

you didn't ask me a question. You said "ask that question yourself", which doesn't make any sense. why do you think she is a political puppet?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Why bother coming here and commenting if you don't want to have a conversation.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    I fucking love that video that SC posted. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Are you rude much?...Anyways I will say that differently in question form...what do you think about that?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    Are you rude much?...Anyways I will say that differently in question form...what do you think about that?
    I'm not sure you know how an online conversation works (hint: pretty much the same as an in-person one). if you post a comment, I ask a follow up question, you answer,  you get to ask a question. 

if you don't want to clarify your comment, then so be it. I won't be attempting to decipher your nonsense any longer. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Are you on drugs or just dillusional?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Someone is working hard to get the Greta thread locked, I see.

:weary:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    I can't speak for dignin, but I plan on being on drugs later. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
     This is fucking *Nonsense* 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    So why are you here then?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    i_lov_it said:
    I'm not sure you know how an online conversation works (hint: pretty much the same as an in-person one). if you post a comment, I ask a follow up question, you answer,  you get to ask a question. 

if you don't want to clarify your comment, then so be it. I won't be attempting to decipher your nonsense any longer. 
    Could you be any more rude?...do you know how an online conversation works?...how fucking rude?

Then you say what I say is Nonsense?...wtf?
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440

• Options
    Fitting to post in here. Sadly.

Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering for certain men?

How can a 16-year-old girl in plaits, dedicated to trying to save the planet, inspire such incandescent rage?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/why-is-greta-thunberg-so-triggering-for-certain-men-1.4002264

• Options
    i_lov_it said:
    dignin said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    I plan on eating some dillusional brownies and watching Sound and Fury on Netflix tonight.