Options

What song is what food?

Comments

• Options
    I'm Open....a crispy Gala Apple. While you bite into you reflect back on your day...or life situations.
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    is like a tiramisu!!! It's a perfect ending to a sumptuous and fantastic meal!!!

GREAT one :D

i'm not very creative...

i'll liken given to fly to icecream... always in the mood :)
    wah
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I just baked some cookies called Ginger Pennies. The author of the cookbook I used wrote the foundation of the recipe from the recipe in Joy of Cooking. The batter is the consistency of thick peanut butter/not crunchy. I was piping through a pastry bag penny sized cookies, and I got a lot of the batter on my hands. Also, some of the pennies ended up nickels, dimes, a veritable baking bank. Piping was never my strong point, and it isn't now since I haven't piped pastry in about 4 years.

As i was feeling the consistency of the batter on my hands, and was amazed at how much it felt like peanut butter I thought to myself. . . I bet people get a kick out of putting peanut butter on themselves. I would guess that people who like to put peanut butter on themselves or their partners would be considered people with a "fetish". The song most like Ginger Pennies is Dirty Frank.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I just baked some cookies called Ginger Pennies. The author of the cookbook I used wrote the foundation of the recipe from the recipe in Joy of Cooking. The batter is the consistency of thick peanut butter/not crunchy. I was piping through a pastry bag penny sized cookies, and I got a lot of the batter on my hands. Also, some of the pennies ended up nickels, dimes, a veritable baking bank. Piping was never my strong point, and it isn't now since I haven't piped pastry in about 4 years.

As i was feeling the consistency of the batter on my hands, and was amazed at how much it felt like peanut butter I thought to myself. . . I bet people get a kick out of putting peanut butter on themselves. I would guess that people who like to put peanut butter on themselves or their partners would be considered people with a "fetish". The song most like Ginger Pennies is Dirty Frank.
    Hmmm:rolleyes:...very interesting Ms. Haiku:o

Come Back is rolling around an ice cube in your mouth...no flavor and nothing to look forward to
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    The album "TEN" is a cup of coffee at the most crucial moment.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    In hiding is the Bombay Bad boy pot noodles in my cupboard. Pot noodles are mainly eaten by builders on building sites and students. I tuck them away at the back of the cupboard out of shame. But they're damn nice when eaten alone and when dunking buttered toast into them.
  • Options
    ScigattScigatt Posts: 37
    Smile is a package of cookies over the mail

Hail, Hail is hot cinnamon gum...or a tin of cashews

Red Mosquito is Worcestershire sauce
    Ab Pbqr
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Given to Fly~ is a fresh, cold, juicy slice of watermelon, on a hot summer day. That when you bite into it, it just drips down your chin:)
  • Options
    I'm Open is the dream of something decadent when it's not possible to obtain.
  • Options
    Once is chicken teriyaki because when I hear the first song off Ten I go from a funk to a neutral mood, and similarly when I eat chicken teriyaki I feel better than I did before I eat it. It's like medicine.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I was thinking about this as I was baking stuffed butterballs (coconut cookie enclosed around 2 whole toasted almonds). I don't think there's a Pearl Jam song that would make me think of stuffed butterballs, but I think ALONE could be a pizza pie. Who wants to eat an entire pizza pie by him/herself? So, in a way it's an ironic pairing, and yet, the song is about the struggle between what is alone and what is lonely, eh? (maybe/maybe not).

Dirty Frank of course is ultra-diet rice cakes - keeps you thin and out of harms way, and yet crunchy to ward off evil spirits with hangovers.
    inside job is a jelly donut

your on acid, right?
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    inside job is a jelly donut

your on acid, right?
    Nope, nope, nope, I just like to bake (not get baked). I wish I could be a culinary journalist, but I don't have the journalism degree, so here you go.
  • Options
    immortality is like a cup of coffee =)
  • Options
    immortality is like a cup of coffee =)
    Same family;

I was just on an hour walk, and I bought a cappucino when I was finished, and it was just what I needed. That's why, though, I think my cappucino is Alone. After a few years of loving the song, and then on the spur of the moment going to Philly 05, I hear it live. Blew me away, and I had the feeling This is what I was waiting for, and that's the feeling I had with that cappucino.
  • Options
    Favorite Pearl Jam song/favorite food

Alone/spaghetti

and you?
  • Options
    hmm...

yellow ledbetter/chocolate nuts
  • Options
    Corduroy / Tobacco :D
  • Options
    Big wave if toffee. Can't get enough of it.
    Indifference is black chocolate. Beautifully bitter.
    Smile is a red pice of candy. Just essencially sweet. :)
    Inside job reminds me of milk chocolate with whole hazelnuts. That chocolate always forces me to do what I want, despite everything that's holding me back.
  • Options
    I baked chocolate chocolate chip cookies with walnuts this morning. They are like little solid mouthfuls of excellent hot chocolate. They are In My Tree because I think that would be a good hot chocolate/skiing song.
  • Options
    I just ate a piece of bruder basil cheese, which is like gouda. Definitely Dirty Frank. If Dirty Frank ate this cheese, he wouldn't have gone back to anglo-saxon soup, you know.
  • Options
    Bagel and cream cheese with lox is Spin the Black Circle.
  • Options
    Evacuation always makes me think of taking a dump, so that's kind of food related?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    in hiding is like an oreo..you just can never get enough!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    I baked a batch of "Not Your Nieman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies" yesterday. It was the first time I just baked one batch in a long time, and the first time I really enjoyed baking in a long time. I was trying to think of a PJ song that represents a return to light or a return to joy after a time of increased worry. Anyone have ideas? Whatever it is would be that cookie. It's from Nancy Baggett's All-American Cookie Cook Book.
  • Options
    RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    cheesesteaks - Given to Fly
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    parting ways is definitely hot chocolate
    pilate is toast
  • Options
    Rats... It's something so spicy that makes you feel sick. Gotta love that song.
    Real People have no Colour
    Real Love has no Gender
    Real Beliefs have no Religion

Real Human Beings don't Hate. Please don't Discriminate.
  • Options
    I baked white chocolate chunk chocolate brownies last night. It has 3 types of chocolate: white/bittersweet/unsweetened. It is so intense it has to be eaten in small doses.

It's totally Lukin.
  • Options
    MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Tremor Christ is bran cereal without the milk.
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • Options
    A cappaccino after a week living a cappaccinoless existence is Given to Fly.

Tortilla Soup is Porch. If I'm ever in San Antonio again I would want some of this soup. If I attend another PJ concert I would want to hear this. It just belongs, you know.