The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,106
    mrussel1 said:
    Deal.  I'm there waiting. 
    Well, you do know what they say about waiting

https://youtu.be/KnTE1dlJCFA
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,153
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If they do not fund cancer treatments or other heinous illness's, why should the government fund abortions...
    The government funding abortions really isn't the leading concern at this point.
    I'm sure it is.  But I'm sure many Americans are struggling to pay for treatments for conditions that they have no control over.
    True.  But pregnancy isn't one of them since it's at some level,  a choice.  Medicaid does cover birth control.  I must admit that I'm not with Biden here for purely practical purposes.  If a woman had a child simply because she couldn't afford the abortion,  that will create yet another financial burden on the government.  But if the Hyde Amendment keeps moderate states at bay on abortion, then keep it.  
    Fund all health care or none at all...how's that?  I see no problem with the state funding abortion in the case of rape, incest or mothers health...but the US will never have Universal health care...the insurance lobby is too strong.
    And when you ask people if they want to move from private to government funded insurance,  the reply is overwhelmingly no.  So while I may agree with you,  it's not happening soon. 
    Then those who prefer private insurance companies are not very bright...
    They may or may not be bright. I think they are all just brainwashed, either way. But as someone already pointed out, I don't think Americans overwhelmingly support private healthcare.
    I don't think I'm brainwashed and I think I'm kind of bright.   Have either of you ever had private insurance?  I can tell you that I can get an MRI in a week.  A guy at work torqued his knee and is getting surgery by an excellent ortho next week, a mere week after he injured himself.  
    Err. we can get an MRI in a week too, if we want to pay for it. It's not like we don't have the option. My own mom just got a PET scan within 5 days last month because she didn't want to wait. She had the money so great. The thing is, people who don't have money still get a scan too, even if they have to wait. Also, if the scans are needed for lifesaving or dire diagnostics/treatment, then we get them in a week for free.
    100% out of pocket? Our timely delivery of services comes as part of the plan.  Im on the record for supporting 100% health.  My point is there are reasons why people like their private insurance. 
    Lol, I realize that, but the amount you all pay for insurance comes to WAAAAY more than we would pay out of pocket if we felt like it, plus the scans are still available to poor people in general, not just those with very expensive insurance plans. So my point is still that those who support a private insurance system over a universal system have no good argument at the end of the day. At best, they can say they prefer being able to pay for themselves, and don't give a flying fuck about the rest of society. IMO. I personally can't understand that level of selfishness.

You dont seem to spend too much time near Republicans?  Lucky you.  Are conservatives near you similar to that? Because the ones around here, even in a liberal state like NY,  "don't give a flying fuck about the rest of society."

For sure.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    I see this thread has become the new "is America the greatest country" thread.  And we all know how that thread ended.

I will say this about America...Canada could not ask for a better friend/ally/neibhour...we have lived side by side for over 200 years at peace with one another.  Can Europe say that?  Fuck no.  If it was not for the allies SC would be speaking Russian or German today...

Well, it's not like we had the option of moving 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I see this thread has become the new "is America the greatest country" thread.  And we all know how that thread ended.

I will say this about America...Canada could not ask for a better friend/ally/neibhour...we have lived side by side for over 200 years at peace with one another.  Can Europe say that?  Fuck no.  If it was not for the allies SC would be speaking Russian or German today...

What is your point?  My point was that Europe cannot claim that.  So, what's your point.  Answer the question, what is your point...come on I'm waiting...what is taking so long...come on.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

What is your point?  My point was that Europe cannot claim that.  So, what's your point.  Answer the question, what is your point...come on I'm waiting...what is taking so long...come on.

My point would have been clearer with one of the emoticons, but now they suck so I refused to put one in. 
  • Options

My point would have been clearer with one of the emoticons, but now they suck so I refused to put one in. 
    There are all kinds of emoji on the internet.  And why can't you move?  People move from Canada all the time. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

There are all kinds of emoji on the internet.  And why can't you move?  People move from Canada all the time. 

That is so not what I meant that I'll assume you did it on purpose.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options

That is so not what I meant that I'll assume you did it on purpose.
    Yes, I know what you meant.  I was just being sarcastic.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I don't think Biden is a good candidate after watching him the past few weeks.  He is just being fed popular things to say ...
  • Options
    He is almost 80.  Wait year.  He will likely sound even worse.  Trump might get a second term...would not surprise me.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    He is almost 80.  Wait year.  He will likely sound even worse.  Trump might get a second term...would not surprise me.
    When he's up debating Trump, Trumps nickname will actually for once be true.

"Sleepy Joe."
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    When he's up debating Trump, Trumps nickname will actually for once be true.

"Sleepy Joe."
    The debate will be held at 2 pm and off to nap before dinner...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Can Senator Elizabeth Warren Turn The Rust Belt Blue?

https://youtu.be/z162CH3XYQ0

• Options

Elizabeth Warren: Unions Will Rebuild America's Middle Class 

https://youtu.be/MVlGJcuzY3k
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Such a decent person.

The Daily Show going through her history here:

https://youtu.be/ELKOsz9DeQg

She should go all in on her "IVE GOT A PLAN" oneliner.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Jason P said:
    I don't think Biden is a good candidate after watching him the past few weeks.  He is just being fed popular things to say ...
    He also just did a 180 re: his stance on the Hyde Amendment. He's milquetoast and really stands for nothing.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Jason P said:
    He also just did a 180 re: his stance on the Hyde Amendment. He's milquetoast and really stands for nothing.
    I'm disappointed that he isn't standing by that stance.  As I said earlier, I'm not necessarily for the Hyde agreement, but I don't have an issue with him supporting it.  Regarding the second comment, I disagree.  I think he stands for making incremental changes, whether it's the increase in funding for Title III, to going back to TPP negotiations to expanding Obamacare into higher income levels.  I'm all for these moderate stances.  There's lots of people in this country that don't want to just blow everything up, from either wing.  
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    I'm disappointed that he isn't standing by that stance.  As I said earlier, I'm not necessarily for the Hyde agreement, but I don't have an issue with him supporting it.  Regarding the second comment, I disagree.  I think he stands for making incremental changes, whether it's the increase in funding for Title III, to going back to TPP negotiations to expanding Obamacare into higher income levels.  I'm all for these moderate stances.  There's lots of people in this country that don't want to just blow everything up, from either wing.  
    That's my point with Biden. Even though I don't agree with his, uh, original stance re: Hyde at least just fucking own it. I'd at least have some respect for you(Biden). And that's my issue with him - he stands for nothing, will go where the votes are.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah because Joe Biden is okay with black people being in a Birmingham jail.  This is quite possibly the stupidest fucking meme I've seen in a while, because presumably it was posted by a liberal.  But now that I think about it, it was probably posted by a European troll intent on creating division so that Trump wins another term.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah because Joe Biden is okay with black people being in a Birmingham jail.  This is quite possibly the stupidest fucking meme I've seen in a while, because presumably it was posted by a liberal.  But now that I think about it, it was probably posted by a European troll intent on creating division so that Trump wins another term.  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Dr. King also thought that homosexuality was culturally acquired and that a man had to work hard to rid himself of the thoughts.  His daughter specifically said that he did not take a bullet for gay marriage.  MLK was such a bigot.  I'm thinking streets and schools named for him should all be changed to Harvey Milk immediately.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    edited June 2019
    This is really fucking dumb; The people who made this have zero understanding of history.  I don’t  even know how I could play devils advocate and defend this.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Dr. King also thought that homosexuality was culturally acquired and that a man had to work hard to rid himself of the thoughts.  His daughter specifically said that he did not take a bullet for gay marriage.  MLK was such a bigot.  I'm thinking streets and schools named for him should all be changed to Harvey Milk immediately.  
    Throwing Martin Luther King under the bus to save Joe ”lets slaughter civilian Iraqis because we’re god Damn ’murica” Biden.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/1136428519117004800

Elizabeth Warren gets asked if Joe Biden is wrong for supporting the Hyde Amendment. She says yes and then shows why she’s the best fighter the Democratic Party has, making an impassioned, unapologetic case for protecting women’s rights.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,894
    by far the most active poster. with no skin in the game. just how much are you being paid for this? All over the fucking place with your "backing".

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    mickeyrat said:
    by far the most active poster. with no skin in the game. just how much are you being paid for this? All over the fucking place with your "backing".

I actually feel less intelligent after reading the Biden/mlk meme.   It really could be one of the dumbest things I have ever read.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

No skin in the game? Maybe hard for you to see further than your nose reach. 

But the biggest superpower in the world voted to elect a president who 1) cant even color the US flag correctly and more importantly 2) do not even know what ”climate change” is. Havent even understood the concept. 

The biggest threat of our lifetime and the most powerful country in the world wants to be led by someone who can’t even understand what climate change is. 

I do think the entire world and its survival has skin in this mindblowingly absurd clusterfuck of a game. 
  • Options
    And yet you spend your time disingenuously attacking democratic candidates.  Curious. 
This discussion has been closed.