Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,050
    ”Don’t worry world. We americans got our country under control”

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Just for thread integrity, if you are going to insult a president and try to make him look an idiot please proofread and make sure your grammar is correct. If not you look like a moron. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just for thread integrity, if you are going to insult a president and try to make him look an idiot please proofread and make sure your grammar is correct. If not you look like a moron. 
    English is not my first language and I think most can overlook my grammar. 

Now think how moronic people whos using it to attack me must be looking?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645
    mcgruff10 said:

FTR, not very. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

I lived in Spain for some time in 2000 and was very respectful when talking to citizens; I definitely would never try to insult or make fun of someone else unless I knew my grammar was 100% legit.   
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    I’m voting for whoever promises to invade Sweden. Unless MLK has a quote about not invading Sweden? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,839
    mickeyrat said:
    by far the most active poster. with no skin in the game. just how much are you being paid for this? All over the fucking place with your "backing".

No skin in the game? Maybe hard for you to see further than your nose reach. 

But the biggest superpower in the world voted to elect a president who 1) cant even color the US flag correctly and more importantly 2) do not even know what ”climate change” is. Havent even understood the concept. 

The biggest threat of our lifetime and the most powerful country in the world wants to be led by someone who can’t even understand what climate change is. 

I do think the entire world and its survival has skin in this mindblowingly absurd clusterfuck of a game. 
    no, only the citizens of the country have skin in the game, and really only the actively voting registered voter does. the rest of you are all merely spectators.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I’m voting for whoever promises to invade Sweden. Unless MLK has a quote about not invading Sweden? 
    In all seriousness I never even thought of Sweden before the boards but because of spiritual I have actually begun to dislike the country very much.  I have zero interest in going there.  When I go to that area of the world I will head to Norway then fly on over to Finland.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

ESL aside, that meme you posted about Biden/MLK was one of the dumbest ever. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Right up there with a few I've seen you post.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    by far the most active poster. with no skin in the game. just how much are you being paid for this? All over the fucking place with your "backing".

But the biggest superpower in the world voted to elect a president who 1) cant even color the US flag correctly and more importantly 2) do not even know what ”climate change” is. Havent even understood the concept. 

The biggest threat of our lifetime and the most powerful country in the world wants to be led by someone who can’t even understand what climate change is. 

I do think the entire world and its survival has skin in this mindblowingly absurd clusterfuck of a game. 
    no, only the citizens of the country have skin in the game, and really only the actively voting registered voter does. the rest of you are all merely spectators.
    Not even close.

As a Canadian I know we have a lot of skin in the game.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I lived in Spain for some time in 2000 and was very respectful when talking to citizens; I definitely would never try to insult or make fun of someone else unless I knew my grammar was 100% legit.   
    Here's the thing. You can find examples on here where SC's grammar and vocabulary are quite great, and then you can find examples on here where they're just poor enough to be ambiguous or notable (and often followed up by a 'please excuse my poor English' type comment). That's a very typical internet troll behaviour and provides an easy out. From what I see on here, this likely has nothing to do with grammar or English abilities, and everything to do with respect (and the lack thereof), which is why I don't think it's fair to project onto all of Sweden the characteristics SC exhibits. I have to believe Sweden can (and I'd assume currently already does) do so much better.

As an aside, where in Spain were you? I love that country so much - especially the Basque region near the French border.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I think while you're right that influencing the future as it relates to Donald Trump is up to the residents of the States, I agree with SC that the world at large has a vested interest in his being replaced (though the impact will be most immediately felt by the States, for sure). 

I'll be going through the American citizenship process with my three siblings within the year, hopefully with ample time for us to vote for a President who is competent, electable, and who will work productively to move the needle in directions I believe in. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,839
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Not even close.

As a Canadian I know we have a lot of skin in the game.
    valid argument given a shared border and extensive trade.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Right up there with a few I've seen you post.
    I'm sure I have had some dumb one over the years however can you defend that meme?
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Here's the thing. You can find examples on here where SC's grammar and vocabulary are quite great, and then you can find examples on here where they're just poor enough to be ambiguous or notable (and often followed up by a 'please excuse my poor English' type comment). That's a very typical internet troll behaviour and provides an easy out. From what I see on here, this likely has nothing to do with grammar or English abilities, and everything to do with respect (and the lack thereof), which is why I don't think it's fair to project onto all of Sweden the characteristics SC exhibits. I have to believe Sweden can (and I'd assume currently already does) do so much better.

As an aside, where in Spain were you? I love that country so much - especially the Basque region near the French border.

I lived in Seville back in 2000 for a few months.  I absolutely loved the country: went to Madrid and San Sebastian (the Basque region!), ran with the bulls at Pamplona, visited Portugal on the weekends....man what fantastic memories.  
    And you are definitely right about the grammar and how sometimes it is an easy out (calling russel a liar as an example).  
  • Options
    This gave me a good laugh. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I lived in Seville back in 2000 for a few months.  I absolutely loved the country: went to Madrid and San Sebastian (the Basque region!), ran with the bulls at Pamplona, visited Portugal on the weekends....man what fantastic memories.  
    And you are definitely right about the grammar and how sometimes it is an easy out (calling russel a liar as an example).  
    Man, does that ever sound fantastic. I visited San Sebastian a few years ago and loved it so much. And to this day I dream of a rice pudding gelato I had there, and the best calamari I've had to date in Bilbao. Edit - and on the Portuguese side, Pasteis de Belem. 

EV
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    ”Don’t worry world. We americans got our country under control”

I know it was sarcasm...but you should encourage the older adult to finish their education...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Man, does that ever sound fantastic. I visited San Sebastian a few years ago and loved it so much. And to this day I dream of a rice pudding gelato I had there, and the best calamari I've had to date in Bilbao. Edit - and on the Portuguese side, Pasteis de Belem. 
    Oh yeah I was in Bilbao (I don't really remember much about it) too however San Sebastian is my absolute favorite city in the world.  I love that the mountains meet the ocean.  Man I have to get back there soon.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok. 

Well I, and many others, are not you. 

No need for insecure attacks on other peoples grammar because you guys voted in Trump. 

And I have no reason to obligaton to respect Trump. Or him being able to be elected. 

If you wanna respect Trump and his minions. That is your weird problem.

I also do not live in the US. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

But he was lying. 

And my grammar might be bad But one day it can be better. You will always be the guy who stood up for Donald J Trump. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

FTR, not very. 
    Remember education is free in Sweden...it looks like they get what they for... ;)
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

FTR, not very. 
    Remember education is free in Sweden...it looks like they get what they for... ;)
    It's the rich poor education divide in Sweden where the taxes are regressive.  Fucking bass ackward, that's for sure.  But that's his problem.  Im focused on making my country better.  Glass houses and all..
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok. 

No need for insecure attacks on other peoples grammar because you guys voted in Trump. 

And I have no reason to obligaton to respect Trump. Or him being able to be elected. 

Not sure who you are talking about but my presidential voting history is:
    Clinton
    Gore
    Kerry (what ever happened to John Edwards?)
    Obama
    Obama
    Clinton
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok. 

Clinton
    Gore
    Obama
    Obama
    Clinton
    Nope it's your fault.  You didn't vote enough.  You could have REALLY made Jersey go D. Take ownership and stop lying. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok. 

Clinton
    Gore
    Obama
    Obama
    Clinton
    Nope it's your fault.  You didn't vote enough.  You could have REALLY made Jersey go D. Take ownership and stop lying. 
    Trump could switch to democrat this election and new jersey would still vote blue lol.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok. 

Clinton
    Gore
    Obama
    Obama
    Clinton
     :) 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ok. 

Clinton
    Gore
    Obama
    Obama
    Clinton
    LOL...look at all those Republicans you voted for...

You are more consistent than me...I have voted everything from conservative to the greens...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

FTR, not very. 
    It's the rich poor education divide in Sweden where the taxes are regressive.  Fucking bass ackward, that's for sure.  But that's his problem.  Im focused on making my country better.  Glass houses and all..
    I think the majority of people focus on wanting to make their country better, nothing wrong with that...

The US will be fine, in 2 or 6 years... ;)
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.