Options

Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:
    I think for some folks, coming to grips with aging while a favorite band ages is proving to be an interesting experience.  I'd be very happy if Pearl Jam were releasing new and interesting music every 2-3 years or at least touring each year like some bands get out and do.  But I can't say I am shocked that they don't.  This is not a historical first that a very good band sort of ends the creative portion of their career and comes back for small bursts of performances here and there. 
    And guess what, that blows, and people are allowed to say it blows

I mean I guess, but it does nothing, changes nothing and offers nothing.  But yeah, it is not unlawful. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:
    I think for some folks, coming to grips with aging while a favorite band ages is proving to be an interesting experience.  I'd be very happy if Pearl Jam were releasing new and interesting music every 2-3 years or at least touring each year like some bands get out and do.  But I can't say I am shocked that they don't.  This is not a historical first that a very good band sort of ends the creative portion of their career and comes back for small bursts of performances here and there. 

I mean I guess, but it does nothing, changes nothing and offers nothing.  But yeah, it is not unlawful. 
    I'm not being a debbie downer here... I just think its fine for die hard fans of a band to want the band to actually make music and tour a little more... I always think its odd when the pj/ev fanboy apologists dismiss or belittle the fans being disappointed by lack of output

With that being said I can't imagine Ev is going to tour arenas and festivals in Europe without a new album... so I'm assuming a release is in the works...... sure hope so
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:

I'm not being a debbie downer here... I just think its fine for die hard fans of a band to want the band to actually make music and tour a little more... I always think its odd when the pj/ev fanboy apologists dismiss or belittle the fans being disappointed by lack of output

With that being said I can't imagine Ev is going to tour arenas and festivals in Europe without a new album... so I'm assuming a release is in the works...... sure hope so
    I absolutely wish they did.  But I'm just also not surprised that this is where they are.  

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:

I absolutely wish they did.  But I'm just also not surprised that this is where they are.  
    They have been this way for 9 years.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:

Nobody is surprised, they are disappointed 
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:
    my2hands said:
    PB11041 said:

They have been this way for 9 years.
    Not sure it has been as stark if you look at it a bit deeper. specifically in relation to touring.

in 1998 they played over 60 shows touring for Yield
    in 2000 they played over 70 shows touring for Binaural
    in 2003 they played over 70 shows touring for Riot Act
    in 2005 they played over 35 shows, mostly in the fall to just get out
    in 2006 they played over 75 shows touring for An Album Has No Name

Then 2007-08 is sparse here and there.

in late 2009 and early 2010 they played over 60 shows, but instead of a sort of spring/summer, summer/fall trajectory, they split the tour dates across essentially the same time frame

2011-12 is sparse here and there again

late 2013 and then mid & late 2014 they played just about 60 shows

So they have tailed off, but more so in the writing the new music and their has not really been a sizeable tour since the Lightning Bolt proper tour.  The gaps between albums have become bigger and thus the support efforts for them make for lighter between tours.

I'd like to see them at minimum tour more, but they seem to only like to do sizeable jaunts in support of a record. 

• Options
    prlprl Posts: 125
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:
    It’s time to come to terms with the idea that Pearl Jam isn’t here to serve us. They’re people with families and lives of their own. They experienced a horrific blow with the loss of Chris. Be grateful for what we get at this point. They’ve given us a lifetime of music and memories!
    I hate the family excuse. People with families have jobs and travel for business all the time. 
    People with families work a lot more and harder than these guys do.

But they also have to work, which differ.
    Absolutely true. But I m guessing the only reason they don’t want to play is because they simply don’t want to play live. It isn’t about their families. 
    Or maybe it is about their families and trying to avoid some of the things that have ravaged their own lives and relationships along the way and those of close friends that do/did tour pretty obsessively.    

These guys would be the first to tell you and genuinely mean they have been blessed to make an extremely good living of off art, but they'd also be totally dishonest if they did not say the experience is equally taxing in different ways.  

They have every right to do as they please, they've earned it. If they want to be with their families more, hey, who doesn't?

But I don't think that's the reason for the lack of touring or new music (and lack of quality of the stuff they put out the past 10 years). The  problem for me seems to be the fact that they don't look as if they enjoy working together a lot anymore. They all seem to have their artistic juices flowing, each their own way, at least judging from what comes out from each one of them. But for some reason they're not doing it together. Pearl Jam became just their job, the thing that puts food on the table at the end of the day and allows them to pursuit other artistic ventures. A big company with several employees that need to get payed, not the place where they make art together.

The thing is, they seem to want the best of both worlds: not doing a lot of "band stuff" (like touring, making new music, making the Xmas singles or even getting together as a band) and at the same time keep the big Pearl Jam company operating and paying all the people that work for them. This means making more money doing less, ie, less shows with more expensive tickets and (a lot!) more merchandise related stuff, for example.

As music/art fans and as fans of the band, it's hard to see the band go down that hole because it's contrary to what made us fans. Being glad with whatever they do is just not the right mindset in my opinion. 

• Options
    Pearl jam haven't played Dublin since 2010. So I'll take an eddie appearance any day.  The 2017 3 arena concert was fantastic.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Ed in Ireland with Glen is going to be gold.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited February 2019
    JimmyV said:
    Yep, there is  a  but tho
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    What? Who?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    JimmyV said:
    Oh oh......and the "but" is Dimi? 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    They’ll be supporting the who
  • Options
    gravixgravix Posts: 33
    JimmyV said:
    Oh god... :(
  • Options
    Let's hope Dimi's hint means it's Eddie minus Glen (and minus The Who)

Is there any The Who fansites with rumoured dates floating around?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    gravix said:
    JimmyV said:
    ... This would be a huge "but".. 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    To be honest I’m not sure what all the fuss is about Ed doing more solo shows, the guys seemed to be having a blast last year with the Europe tour at all the shows I attended, didn’t seem like a band in supposed turmoil..
    just my opinion obviously and I can’t wait to see Ed in Italy again this summer 
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    If the tour would start in Amsterdam on June 11th, that would mean Metallica playing the stadium and the Smashing Pumpkins playing AFAS  at the same time. All three are virtually right next to each other. The 18 year old me would be kicking himself right in the middle :lol:

• Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    edited February 2019

gravix said:
    JimmyV said:
    It's ok guys, decent seats will only be about £220 each.
  • Options
    Can anybody help with Italian ? It looks like there are buses from and to Milan and Turin is that right after the show or are they regular daytime buses ? I don't speak Italian but it looks like that from the festival site ? 
    I can help.
    Actually there are dedicated buses, that need to be booked in advance. On Collisioni Festival website they have info only about the main days in July, but I think they will add buses also for the 17th of June. I'll send a message to the festival organization and let you know, ok?
  • Options
    Can anybody help with Italian ? It looks like there are buses from and to Milan and Turin is that right after the show or are they regular daytime buses ? I don't speak Italian but it looks like that from the festival site ? 
    I can help.
    Actually there are dedicated buses, that need to be booked in advance. On Collisioni Festival website they have info only about the main days in July, but I think they will add buses also for the 17th of June. I'll send a message to the festival organization and let you know, ok?
    Can you share the info here pls? I’m interested too
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    I can help.
    Thank you 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694

gravix said:
    JimmyV said:
    It's ok guys, decent seats will only be about £220 each.
    Id say 200 euro max for the front blocks. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    For Italy, were the Ten Club named tickets just like for Pearl Jam any concert, i mean same unfuckwithable rules, or not?
  • Options
    There was no Ten Club tickets for Italian shows. Only general sale.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The "But" has to do with the set up and artist. Not that is on risk.. Dublin show is just fine 
    Also cos people sent me screen shots from website and pages. There is no Scandinavian  dates.. So don't get hopes up cos someone  post a list with rumors. 
    Same goes with Iberia area. Some heard  Lisbon and post random dates in July and festivals. It's wrong. 
    Rumors and hopes are different things than informations and shows that  are booked. 
    3 shows confirmed  so far.
     If I have to "guess"  1 more may be announce first before the rest. We wait  and see. Don't forget is business and people organize and bring artist to do shows have one goal.. To sell as many tickets they can to earn money. 
    That's why u don t see all the shows dates announced the same date. Artist can't choose the day of the announcement and if it's gonna be parts or all together. 
    Artiat knows when and where he plays. Then promoter, ticket Ventors, fan clubs  etc do the rest. 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
     There is no Scandinavian  dates.. So don't get hopes up cos someone  post a list with rumors. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    There was no Ten Club tickets for Italian shows. Only general sale.
    ah ok, and you know if were named tickets?
  • Options
    Is there a possibility EV is teaming up with Neil Young & Promise of the Real for a show?
    '06: Antwerp, Paris // '07: Werchter // '09: Rotterdam // '10: Werchter // '12: Werchter // '14: Amsterdam 1 // '18: Amsterdam 2, Pinkpop
  • Options
    The "But" has to do with the set up and artist. Not that is on risk.. Dublin show is just fine 
    Also cos people sent me screen shots from website and pages. There is no Scandinavian  dates.. So don't get hopes up cos someone  post a list with rumors. 
    Same goes with Iberia area. Some heard  Lisbon and post random dates in July and festivals. It's wrong. 
    Rumors and hopes are different things than informations and shows that  are booked. 
    3 shows confirmed  so far.
     If I have to "guess"  1 more may be announce first before the rest. We wait  and see. Don't forget is business and people organize and bring artist to do shows have one goal.. To sell as many tickets they can to earn money. 
    That's why u don t see all the shows dates announced the same date. Artist can't choose the day of the announcement and if it's gonna be parts or all together. 
    Artiat knows when and where he plays. Then promoter, ticket Ventors, fan clubs  etc do the rest. 

that's a pity... 😞 Dublin show in 2017 was more than amazing