Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• HaJoeHaJoe Bonn, germany Posts: 89
    JT167846 said:
    If that's it then I'd like to see them all put together in one compilation package. I know some are on Lost Dogs but it would be nice to have them all on CD and/or a vinyl box. Both only available to 10C members-hell instead of the 10C shirt why not have the CD version be the analog item instead of a t shirt?

JT167846 said:
    If that's it then I'd like to see them all put together in one compilation package. I know some are on Lost Dogs but it would be nice to have them all on CD and/or a vinyl box. Both only available to 10C members-hell instead of the 10C shirt why not have the CD version be the analog item instead of a t shirt?
      If they do a vinyl box it will cost another $ 100,00 plus $ 45,- postage to europe, I guess...
  • wuzenwuzen Posts: 15
    cifrancgx said:
    On one hand I’m sad Pearl Jam decided to stop putting out fan club singles, on the other hand my other favorite band “The National“ just shipped their very first fan club Vinyl this month which is 180 gram colored vinyl with 9 live tracks on it. It also came with a bunch of other cool stuff. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/cyY4m8D
    This. I received the Cherry Tree Vol. 1 also and it's amazing. 
    there's so much more to see in the darkest places
  • SCHSCH Easton CT Posts: 58
    My Thoughts on the Fan Friendly Band
    1 New Song in Over 5 Years.
    12 days of Xmas is almost entirely covers songs, RITFW is old and tired, enough already
    Now No Holiday Single, not even just reduced to just a MP3 to reduce your trouble and costs, seems lazy
    Hearing the same 2013 clips on Sirius on how much the band loves to create and record to together has become comical
    Nothing new or exciting around here for a very long time. It's sad. I for one used to log on here everyday, now completely forget about Pearl Jam months at a time. I wish this was not the case. Oh well..
    You've given so much as a band, we are spoiled, it's hard to complain but I guess Nothing Lasts Forever is right.
    I've been a member since 2000 
    Thank you Pearl Jam for a great 25 year run but it's just over for me, at least for now, I am sure I'll be back if there is ever another album.
    Disappointed. 
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Still a bit confused. My renewal is set for January 1st. Will I receive a shirt for 2018?
    Your membership will renew on January 1, 2019. That would make your renewal a 2019 renewal.  The year you renew is the year of your membership renewal.
    Since you are a member and posting at this time in 2018, your avatar says that you have been a member since 2006 (or perhaps before since I think the forum changed around then), you will still get your 2018 shirt.  Your shirt needs to be ordered soon.  1/31/2019 is the last day to order the 2018 shirt.
    deadendp said:
    Still a bit confused. My renewal is set for January 1st. Will I receive a shirt for 2018?
    Your membership will renew on January 1, 2019. That would make your renewal a 2019 renewal.  The year you renew is the year of your membership renewal. 

Since you are a member and posting at this time in 2018, your avatar says that you have been a member since 2006 (or perhaps before since I think the forum changed around then), you will still get your 2018 shirt.  Your shirt needs to be ordered soon.  1/31/2019 is the last day to order the 2018 shirt.  
    What
     about the physical holiday single? I'm under the assumption, that if I downgrade to the digital membership now, that I won't receive the 2018 holiday single in the mail? Is this correct?
    You renewed your membership for 2018 or you wouldn't be posting right now. You will get 2018 stuff.  Look in your account.  You have the 2018 download code and the 2018 shirt code, yes? 

When you renew in 2019 that is for 2019 membership offerings.  You cannot renew in 2019 and get 2018 renewal stuff.  Your 1/1/19 renewal date gives you a 2019 membership renewal. Switching to digital on 1/1/19 will give you a digital membership (or whatever they will call it in restructuring) for the year 2019. 

Yes, you will get your 2018 shirt and your annual fan club vinyl.  You need to order your shirt before 1/31/19 as your 2018 code will expire. You and I will then have to chat again about how 2018 and 2019 are not the same renewal years. :wink:
    No

, No I don't have my download code anymore for the 2018 shirt. That's already been used. I'm just worried that I won't get the latest holiday single when it's done being pressed. I guess I'll just leave my analog membership the way it is and worry about switching to digital next year. Thanks again for the reply and help!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    mfc2006 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Answers from the 10C club?  Explanations?  Transparency?  You all must be new here. That is not the way it works, like it or not.
    Not new here at all, but I have time before renewal to see if/what other changes may be happening. Nothing wrong with that.
    Agreed. Totally reasonable. I think some people tend to forget how the 10C operates. Ive always thought the analog membership was a bit of a cash grab.
  • i have been seeing live bands in clubs for over 35 years now.  same as ed and stone
    i have also accepted the fact that "things change" decades ago.  it's the one constant in life! 
    hug each other while you can cause life is like the end of a roll of toilet paper...it spins faster towards the end  ;)
  • So what the hell is the benefit to this "club" now? 
    The last two tours I've gotten stuffed into lottery instead of getting to see the shows that I want to see.  I completely missed out on one and had to buy separate, paying an arm and a leg. I pay year after year with years between tours for the privilege of what could be me just spending that extra money to get the tickets to the show I want to see.  (Spend $40 after 3 years and I might as well have put that $120 into the tickets on top of the ticket price).
    And now no more vinyl single to even justify the expense just a little bit.    Hell, you even make us work extra for getting the shirt/merch every year which I missed out the first two years because I didn't know that I had to do more than just pay for my fanclub dues.
    What is the difference between digital and analog anyway? 

Now people are saying we should get access to stream shows as part of the fanclub?  Screw that.  DMB has no problem touring every year, getting tickets to it's fan club AND they're streaming multiple shows now per tour FREE to everyone including non-members on their fanclub on Youtube.  I don't want to be that guy that complains and thinks the band owes him anything, but the reality here is that the fanclub is milking us, maybe it should just shut down.  If the band wants to slow down or only focus on money making ventures, fine, but stop treating this like it's anything useful or even a connection to the band at this point.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    The meltdowns are really making this for me.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • demetrios said:
    Is there no way that Mike McCready's Hockeytalkter Records company could take over Pearl Jam's 10club annual Christmas 7" Single?
    i don't think it's pressing the vinyl that's the issue. it's the band not wanting to record material they won't make money on. and i gotta be honest, it's surprising to me it took this long. songs on vinyl hasn't been an 'exclusive' since file sharing began in the late 90's. so the band is essentially giving music away for free to anyone that wants it. 
    That's the point of the membership dues, to make money for the things they do for fans in their club.  It's one of the reasons the dues went up, and on top of that, the things done in recent years have just been recordings of side shows or appearances and B-sides.  
    If you're going to tie non-exclusivity to file sharing as an issue, then there's no reason for them to record anything because it's all available on file sharing and been "given away free".
  • SCH said:
    12 days of Xmas is almost entirely covers songs, RITFW is old and tired, enough already
    Now No Holiday Single, not even just reduced to just a MP3 to reduce your trouble and costs, seems lazy
    Hearing the same 2013 clips on Sirius on how much the band loves to create and record to together has become comical
    Nothing new or exciting around here for a very long time. It's sad. I for one used to log on here everyday, now completely forget about Pearl Jam months at a time. I wish this was not the case. Oh well..
    You've given so much as a band, we are spoiled, it's hard to complain but I guess Nothing Lasts Forever is right.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for a great 25 year run but it's just over for me, at least for now, I am sure I'll be back if there is ever another album.
    Disappointed. 
    this guy gets it
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,484
    How about now releasing vaults more often? Put the energy into that...
    edited December 2018
    How about now releasing vaults more often? Put the energy into that...

I don't think a vault release takes a lot of energy. All shows are recordet, get a guy or girl to mix it, release it...
    I won't compare a vault release as it is now to a seasons 7inch. If they do it like, for example, Jack White then it's another talk.

• 55 MA Posts: 157
     This is a very sad day. I am so disappointed just another death blow to what was once the best fan club ever it sadly is no longer run with heart and soul it just flatlined and only 5 guys who really care could ever bring it back from the dead now.

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

What
     about the physical holiday single? I'm under the assumption, that if I downgrade to the digital membership now, that I won't receive the 2018 holiday single in the mail? Is this correct?
    You renewed your membership for 2018 or you wouldn't be posting right now. You will get 2018 stuff.  Look in your account.  You have the 2018 download code and the 2018 shirt code, yes? 

When you renew in 2019 that is for 2019 membership offerings.  You cannot renew in 2019 and get 2018 renewal stuff.  Your 1/1/19 renewal date gives you a 2019 membership renewal. Switching to digital on 1/1/19 will give you a digital membership (or whatever they will call it in restructuring) for the year 2019. 

Yes, you will get your 2018 shirt and your annual fan club vinyl.  You need to order your shirt before 1/31/19 as your 2018 code will expire. You and I will then have to chat again about how 2018 and 2019 are not the same renewal years. :wink:
    No

, No I don't have my download code anymore for the 2018 shirt. That's already been used. I'm just worried that I won't get the latest holiday single when it's done being pressed. I guess I'll just leave my analog membership the way it is and worry about switching to digital next year. Thanks again for the reply and help!
    You are a current member. You are getting the final fan club single.  I promise. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

What

No

You are a current member. You are getting the final fan club single.  I promise. 

deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

What

No

But
     should I wait to downgrade to digital after I receive the fan club single or will I lose out if I downgrade? I'm guessing since I'm currently active and my membership doesn't expire until January 1st 2019, that I'll be ok. I just won't downgrade until I get the single. Might lose the $20 extra, but oh well. 10C has come through for me in the past, so what's $20 right? Thanks for all the help.
  • SCH said:
    Disappointed. 
    this guy gets it
    Totally agree.  I love them as a band and will always go and see them in concert but they do not seem at all interested in making new music anymore.  I will patiently await news in 2019 on what the changes will be.   
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956

im not happy bout this, love getting these( whenever they come) looking at the art, spinning it maybe once or twice a year... I personally think they would continue this tradition, but having to tell the fan base your memberships are gonna go up $5-$10/yr more because costs do go up over the years... it was probably easier to end it now.

Pearl Jam releasing 2 albums a decade, not touring as much, scaling back is unfortunately just the norm for like 95% of their genre of music these days.... technology and the Business models are completely turned the industry on its head

Like others have said... I personally don’t drive myself nuts thinking they are gonna buck the trend and start rolling out mega tours, album every 3yrs, B-Sides, etc etc etc

im glad they are still around, together, hopefully happy n healthy.... whatever happens Now is gravy

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    I doubt it was production costs that led to this decision. They doubled the price for analog members just a few years ago. They ding international members for an extra$10. If it was about cost they would just raise prices again.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    JimmyV said:
    I doubt it was production costs that led to this decision. They doubled the price for analog members just a few years ago. They ding international members for an extra$10. If it was about cost they would just raise prices again.
    The thing that always bugs me when people talk about membership costs is that there is never any mention of the value of a membership list. I am sure any band, hell any business would love to have a list of their biggest most die hard fans that includes addresses and spending habits. It is kind of the reason why loyalty programs exists. So with that in mind raising prices too much and writing it off as cost increases is kind of annoying.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Band of the year 2018  ;)

PJ is the musical love of my life, but this is so dissapointing in so many ways..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

What

No

deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

What

No

But
     should I wait to downgrade to digital after I receive the fan club single or will I lose out if I downgrade? I'm guessing since I'm currently active and my membership doesn't expire until January 1st 2019, that I'll be ok. I just won't downgrade until I get the single. Might lose the $20 extra, but oh well. 10C has come through for me in the past, so what's $20 right? Thanks for all the help.
    You are forcing me to have to pull out my mom voice. :wink:

It does not matter what you do for this upcoming membership renewal BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH YOUR 2018 MEMBERSHIP.  

Now then, you can renew, not renew, go digital or analog (if such a membership still exists) because I promise you THAT YOU WILL GET THE FINAL ANNUAL SINGLE. 

Press on and understand why I had to yell.  :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    I think, we all have to come to an end of thinking 10c is a fanclub in any romantic way. In fact thats not possible. Its a big company and I reckon the bandmember themselfs have nearly nothing to do with it. I suppose they have a meeting quarterly and discuss the performance of 10c to conclude next steps. One of these steps is, to stop the anual 7inch.
    It is a 100% business and a big company with loads of employees. We are talking of thousands and thousands of members. There are voices talking about 200k and more. To handle these members you need to have a longterm business plan.
    I used to run a fanclub in the late 80s/early 90s with around 1000 members. It was a non profit thing for us and an unbelievable quantity of work. So I have a vage premonition what they have to handle with.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    HaJoe said:
    I think, we all have to come to an end of thinking 10c is a fanclub in any romantic way. In fact thats not possible. Its a big company and I reckon the bandmember themselfs have nearly nothing to do with it. I suppose they have a meeting quarterly and discuss the performance of 10c to conclude next steps. One of these steps is, to stop the anual 7inch.
    It is a 100% business and a big company with loads of employees. We are talking of thousands and thousands of members. There are voices talking about 200k and more. To handle these members you need to have a longterm business plan.
    I used to run a fanclub in the late 80s/early 90s with around 1000 members. It was a non profit thing for us and an unbelievable quantity of work. So I have a vage premonition what they have to handle with.
    I have said this before, but I think the the fan club was outsourced around the time the different levels of membership started being offered. There are companies that provide the service of managing a band's fan club. All the band has to do is say yes or no and start watching the money roll in. It kind of fits the timing of the increased commercialization of the band. I am guessing this is part of it.  
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    I want to love this band like I used to, but decisions like this just keep pushing me more and more away. I guess I should thank them for saving money on my membership as I have switched to digital.
    I want to love this band like I used to, but decisions like this just keep pushing me more and more away. I guess I should thank them for saving money on my membership as I have switched to digital.

Don't be depressed by economic dicisions. It doesn't need to second these, it needs to like and love their music, their shows, their lyrics, their political attitude and all the things and opinions they stand for.

• Sad day.  End of an Era. 

I know it's been harder and harder for 10C to meet the commitment.  My interpretation is that the drive behind this idea that started with the band, isn't a drive for them anymore, and it's felt that way for the past several years.  I get it... things change, but this was what being "in a fan club" really meant to me; to have access to those little treasures.  The patches, stickers and mini poster were awesome 2012 - 2014...  slowly the perks die.  

Is the Fan Club a money-making endeavor?  Not likely, nor should it be.  It's supposed to be a passion project and the passion seems to be dying.

The fans won't go away, but the Fan Club club seems to be entering old age...
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Get_Right said:
    HaJoe said:
    I have said this before, but I think the the fan club was outsourced around the time the different levels of membership started being offered. There are companies that provide the service of managing a band's fan club. All the band has to do is say yes or no and start watching the money roll in. It kind of fits the timing of the increased commercialization of the band. I am guessing this is part of it.  
    Perhaps true, but if that were the case it should be EASIER to get the single out
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    Get_Right said:
    HaJoe said:
    Perhaps true, but if that were the case it should be EASIER to get the single out

Maybe it's like when I discuss with my girlfriend to clear out the cellar. "Oh no, not that discussion again"...

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 399
    i wonder if the drama goes with age  or is a cultural thing.
    im sad we dont get vinyl single anymore .was like tradition of be a pj fan..but its what it is.changes always are hard in the beggining...from the email i understand that something will change with new year membership,,maybe add something cool?change the packages to something different..we wait and see..in 3 days they new membership i guess will have details..
    lets see what the future holds.
    No it doesn’t.  You’re a pear jam can do not wrong type of person. This is bull crap. The band hasn’t released any new material outside of can’t deny me since LB. They’ve toured and toured released multiple posters and all this other stuff to go with those shows to generate additional revenues.  Someone said it best - they’re on revenue auto pilot. It’s a damn shame to see the band from my youth turn into this.  
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 399
    SCH said:
    Disappointed. 
    Well said.   
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
This discussion has been closed.