Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

1356713

Comments

  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MDPosts: 9,090
    The vinyl was the only reason why I was analog. My renewal is in January, going digital now. 
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 622
    rw160510 said:
    I've wondered for a while why they didn't think to bash out a few covers during sound checks when on tour. Record them live without any audience then release the best two. A bit like rem did with original tracks on new adventures in hifi. At least they would be full band performances. If they that once a year that would have kept me happy for a couple of years in light of the lack of new material.
    the 2011 single was exactly this. 
    Oh
     yeah. Thanks for reminding me I'd genuinely forgotten :) Nothing wrong with the concept though and on the whole it would probably have kept people happy for the most part.
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    First time posting in the forums in years. Came back to share my feelings on this decision. 

    Really disappointed in the band for this from a variety of perspectives. 

    Not so much for the decision, but lack of explanation as to why this decision was made. Through the years there has been zero accountability for the lack of production timelines on these xmas singles.

    In addition as fans, we are paying the exact same amount annually, without explanation as to what (if anything) will be replacing it.

    Top it all off, on then sharing this news between Christmas and New Years, and it’s a significant hiccup from what we’ve come to expect from the band.

    I wish 10c would understand how the lack of communication translates directly to their organization that they are leading. The way you communicate (or choose not to), will be judged by stakeholders and reflects back not only on you, but the entire organization you lead.

    Not leaving, and likely never will, but really, really disappointed in this decision, and the lack of communication and detail around it, especially over the holidays. 
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • evdjj3jevdjj3j Old MountainsPosts: 113
    it really shouldn't come as a surprise. they clearly haven't given a shit about this for some time. 
    You hit the nail on the head. Is the analog version going away? 
  • evdjj3jevdjj3j Old MountainsPosts: 113
    BF25394 said:
    "Viva la vinyl."  Et tu, Eddie?
    What a pathetic joke.  Why do I have a feeling I'm never going to see the physical singles that this message is promising "once physical production is complete"?
    I have the same feeling, they already screwed us analog members a few times in the last few years on singles and Deep. I'm not really sure how they justify not fulfilling those and not giving a refund. 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 228
    If that's it then I'd like to see them all put together in one compilation package. I know some are on Lost Dogs but it would be nice to have them all on CD and/or a vinyl box. Both only available to 10C members-hell instead of the 10C shirt why not have the CD version be the analog item instead of a t shirt?
    Stars are suns to other people.

    Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 32,000
    Time to switch to digital, I guess.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I really hope 10c doesn't go the way that the 'Metclub' went.  They removed all memberships benefits and basically disbanded the Metallica Fan Club, there were no fees to join, as no fan club, the only item left was priority tickets to those who had been in the Metclub previously.  Cynically / realistically! some Metallica fans thought this was all to save costs and 'effort' as a new company had been bought in to take over the running of the fanclub.  I don't know how close PJ members are to running 10c these days but i really hope they are aware of any changes being implemented. Stef1885.
    1992-02-28 London England ULU
    1992-06-06 London England Finsbury Park
    1992-07-25 Denver, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
    2007-06-18 London England Wembley
    2018-06-18 London O2
  • jhealjheal Posts: 25
    The cold hard reality is that the band probably spend very little time together collectively anymore, outside of the few weeks they tour together, to record ANY new material let alone tracks for a fan club single. And the output has been diminishing over time. It’s auto-pilot revenue generation mode at the moment. I’m not sure how old all the band’s kids are - I hope in a few years when they have a bit more time on their hands and the kids are out the house they get back to spending more time on the band, songwriting and stuff like that. In a way, we’re lucky they haven’t broken up and just taken their foot off the gas. I’d echo the same concerns over what an Analog membership means now - I’d accept a physical CD bootleg of my choice each year as a replacement for a vinyl single!
    London 1 - 05/00
    Cardiff - 06/00
    NY1 - 07/03
    NY2 - 07/03
    Boston - 07/03
    Reading - 08/06
    Paris - 09/06
    London - 06/07
    London - 08/09
    Man 1 - 06/12
    Berlin 1 - 07/12
    Berlin 2 - 07/12
    London 1 - Ed Solo - 07/12
  • JT167846 said:
    If that's it then I'd like to see them all put together in one compilation package. I know some are on Lost Dogs but it would be nice to have them all on CD and/or a vinyl box. Both only available to 10C members-hell instead of the 10C shirt why not have the CD version be the analog item instead of a t shirt?
    Yeah. Free merch for them and cool for us to have them all in a vinyl package. 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, ILPosts: 716
    edited December 2018
    jheal said:
    The cold hard reality is that the band probably spend very little time together collectively anymore, outside of the few weeks they tour together, to record ANY new material let alone tracks for a fan club single. And the output has been diminishing over time. It’s auto-pilot revenue generation mode at the moment. I’m not sure how old all the band’s kids are - I hope in a few years when they have a bit more time on their hands and the kids are out the house they get back to spending more time on the band, songwriting and stuff like that. In a way, we’re lucky they haven’t broken up and just taken their foot off the gas. I’d echo the same concerns over what an Analog membership means now - I’d accept a physical CD bootleg of my choice each year as a replacement for a vinyl single!
    This is a great idea. I really hope they come up with details on the new club benefits ASAP.

    I also agree that the band sadly probably doesn’t spend much time together anymore. Hopefully they get in the studio soon and there is some sort of spark again. 
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready-Take Over!!" - E.V.

    2018- Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=4631

    EV:
    2018 - CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

    RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
                                       * * * * * * * * *
  • jheal said:
    The cold hard reality is that the band probably spend very little time together collectively anymore, outside of the few weeks they tour together, to record ANY new material let alone tracks for a fan club single. And the output has been diminishing over time. It’s auto-pilot revenue generation mode at the moment. I’m not sure how old all the band’s kids are - I hope in a few years when they have a bit more time on their hands and the kids are out the house they get back to spending more time on the band, songwriting and stuff like that. In a way, we’re lucky they haven’t broken up and just taken their foot off the gas. I’d echo the same concerns over what an Analog membership means now - I’d accept a physical CD bootleg of my choice each year as a replacement for a vinyl single!
    Fuck that if it's a burnt CD-R.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 1,948
    Still a bit confused. My renewal is set for January 1st. Will I receive a shirt for 2018?
  • with such a middle of the road notification it sounds like they just don't want to allocate the resources to it anymore.  
  • demetrios said:
    Is there no way that Mike McCready's Hockeytalkter Records company could take over Pearl Jam's 10club annual Christmas 7" Single?
    i don't think it's pressing the vinyl that's the issue. it's the band not wanting to record material they won't make money on. and i gotta be honest, it's surprising to me it took this long. songs on vinyl hasn't been an 'exclusive' since file sharing began in the late 90's. so the band is essentially giving music away for free to anyone that wants it. 

    Yeah...when it started in 1991, it was a "thanks for sticking with us and here's something really cool on an almost-dead format." As vinyl fell out of favor in the 90s, it was really cool and a bit retro to get something in the mail for free.

    Now that vinyl has surged in popularity again, maybe the band sees it as sort of a "mission complete."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Jason P said:
    Not a huge loss considering I can only think of a handful of times in the past 15 years that the single actually showed up on my doorstep.  

    I always found it weird that some people seemed to be hit-or-miss. There was once when I didn't get it (the "No Jeremy" one.) I emailed 10C and politely asked them and they sent a replacement. The replacement came a bit damaged, but nothing too bad...just some minor cosmetic stuff on the sleeve... I emailed them a pic and they sent me a new one.

    Maybe your mailman is a fan/flipper...who knows.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • stef1885 said:
    I really hope 10c doesn't go the way that the 'Metclub' went.  They removed all memberships benefits and basically disbanded the Metallica Fan Club, there were no fees to join, as no fan club, the only item left was priority tickets to those who had been in the Metclub previously.  Cynically / realistically! some Metallica fans thought this was all to save costs and 'effort' as a new company had been bought in to take over the running of the fanclub.  I don't know how close PJ members are to running 10c these days but i really hope they are aware of any changes being implemented. Stef1885.


    The band produces those songs/records... I have zero doubt that they were the ones to make the decision to end the vinyl.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 1,180
    I think they probably realised that if they didnt communicate something before the New Year they would be due 3 singles. Im sure they will announce the new plans early in 2019 once they have worked it out. I dont mind analog being dropped but hopefully it doesnt mean digital going up. I dont think its a reflection of the future of the band. Vinyl sales may be up but singles seem to have been on their way out for a while, saved for RSD. Ive got no idea if its at a point where it almost costs the same as an lp to manufacture or what but in the UK, a new 7" can cost anything between £7 and £15 to buy, silly prices.
  • demetrios said:
    Is there no way that Mike McCready's Hockeytalkter Records company could take over Pearl Jam's 10club annual Christmas 7" Single?
    i don't think it's pressing the vinyl that's the issue. it's the band not wanting to record material they won't make money on. and i gotta be honest, it's surprising to me it took this long. songs on vinyl hasn't been an 'exclusive' since file sharing began in the late 90's. so the band is essentially giving music away for free to anyone that wants it. 

    Yeah...when it started in 1991, it was a "thanks for sticking with us and here's something really cool on an almost-dead format." As vinyl fell out of favor in the 90s, it was really cool and a bit retro to get something in the mail for free.

    Now that vinyl has surged in popularity again, maybe the band sees it as sort of a "mission complete."
    Nice headcanon. But I can bet you that is not the reason.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • PJWGIII said:
    jheal said:
    The cold hard reality is that the band probably spend very little time together collectively anymore, outside of the few weeks they tour together, to record ANY new material let alone tracks for a fan club single. And the output has been diminishing over time. It’s auto-pilot revenue generation mode at the moment. I’m not sure how old all the band’s kids are - I hope in a few years when they have a bit more time on their hands and the kids are out the house they get back to spending more time on the band, songwriting and stuff like that. In a way, we’re lucky they haven’t broken up and just taken their foot off the gas. I’d echo the same concerns over what an Analog membership means now - I’d accept a physical CD bootleg of my choice each year as a replacement for a vinyl single!
    This is a great idea. I really hope they come up with details on the new club benefits ASAP.

    I also agree that the band sadly probably doesn’t spend much time together anymore. Hopefully they get in the studio soon and there is some sort of spark again. 


    On that note, during "band hiatuses" there is usually a random sighting...someone sees Jeff in Montana or Mike does the anthem at a football game or someone may see Eddie at a gas station in LA.

    Since Fenway 2018? Nothing outside the two EV shows. No rumors, no sightings, nothing.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 21,639
    I don't care !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain TexasPosts: 626
    skanji32 said:
    First time posting in the forums in years. Came back to share my feelings on this decision. 

    Really disappointed in the band for this from a variety of perspectives. 

    Not so much for the decision, but lack of explanation as to why this decision was made. Through the years there has been zero accountability for the lack of production timelines on these xmas singles.

    In addition as fans, we are paying the exact same amount annually, without explanation as to what (if anything) will be replacing it.

    Top it all off, on then sharing this news between Christmas and New Years, and it’s a significant hiccup from what we’ve come to expect from the band.

    I wish 10c would understand how the lack of communication translates directly to their organization that they are leading. The way you communicate (or choose not to), will be judged by stakeholders and reflects back not only on you, but the entire organization you lead.

    Not leaving, and likely never will, but really, really disappointed in this decision, and the lack of communication and detail around it, especially over the holidays. 
    Well said
  • My Analog membership renewed on December 20th. I'm not sure how they can take money for 2019 Analog membership and not fulfill the original promised items. Had I known the full details of what to expect, I might have changed my membership to Digital. I doubt this was a last minute decision. I think it's pretty pathetic to change the structuring of the memberships while the Ten Club is taking time off for the holidays and then with such little explanation. This is a major change and we don't have any additional information(sound familiar?)

    I don't know how they can take my renewal money and then change what they are offering. That's called stealing.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 1,180
    JB16057 said:
    My Analog membership renewed on December 20th. I'm not sure how they can take money for 2019 Analog membership and not fulfill the original promised items. Had I known the full details of what to expect, I might have changed my membership to Digital. I doubt this was a last minute decision. I think it's pretty pathetic to change the structuring of the memberships while the Ten Club is taking time off for the holidays and then with such little explanation. This is a major change and we don't have any additional information(sound familiar?)

    I don't know how they can take my renewal money and then change what they are offering. That's called stealing.
    My renewal was Dec 13 but that gets me the 2018 single and t shirt, are you sure yours is not the same. I'm not entirely sure if you can pay earlier than Jan 2019 for the 2019 stuff hence this announcement coming just before the new year.
  • skanji32 said:
    First time posting in the forums in years. Came back to share my feelings on this decision. 

    Really disappointed in the band for this from a variety of perspectives. 

    Not so much for the decision, but lack of explanation as to why this decision was made. Through the years there has been zero accountability for the lack of production timelines on these xmas singles.

    In addition as fans, we are paying the exact same amount annually, without explanation as to what (if anything) will be replacing it.

    Top it all off, on then sharing this news between Christmas and New Years, and it’s a significant hiccup from what we’ve come to expect from the band.

    I wish 10c would understand how the lack of communication translates directly to their organization that they are leading. The way you communicate (or choose not to), will be judged by stakeholders and reflects back not only on you, but the entire organization you lead.

    Not leaving, and likely never will, but really, really disappointed in this decision, and the lack of communication and detail around it, especially over the holidays. 
    This is similar for me. I've not posted in a long time either, however, I came here to also express disappointment in this decision and the lack of transparency around this. For me, the email is then closed out with an what feels to be an empty promise. I feel like the this announcement should have had more honesty around the reasoning. If it's financially not viable to produce these, so be it but call it for what it is. I'd respect that more.

    As I don't live in the US, the membership and it's "seniority" status has had very little value to me in a number of years due to the band not touring where I live that frequently. I really just kept paying the membership for the vinyl. My renewal is not for a while away so I'll wait to see what the future holds. I'm going to be positive and keep my fingers crossed if we make enough noise about it here they will reconsider this decision.
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - SpainPosts: 233
    ILL TAKE THAT AS A GOOD SIGN!!!!BRING IT!
    "and we’re excited to see what the future holds"
    Are you serious? 10C was different than most of the fan clubs due to benefits like this, an exclusive Xmas single from the very first beginning. Analog membership was named like this because of the Xmas Single, so what we do have now? What are people getting with the analog membership? A random ‘exclusive’ Ten Club T-Shirt? Is this for real?
    Will we have different pre-sales depending on our membership? Will the band sell the 10C to Live Nation like other bands like U2 did in the past? We will see.. but I cannot see any good sign right now.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Jim Morrison said it best.."This is the end"...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H Posts: 1,602
    Absurd, keep it going! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 1,180
    edited December 2018
    This year was the first year the annual single was no longer exclusive to the fanclub as it's also due to be the first single from the forthcoming album and can be bought on iTunes etc.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, ILPosts: 2,995
    JB16057 said:
    My Analog membership renewed on December 20th. I'm not sure how they can take money for 2019 Analog membership and not fulfill the original promised items. Had I known the full details of what to expect, I might have changed my membership to Digital. I doubt this was a last minute decision. I think it's pretty pathetic to change the structuring of the memberships while the Ten Club is taking time off for the holidays and then with such little explanation. This is a major change and we don't have any additional information(sound familiar?)

    I don't know how they can take my renewal money and then change what they are offering. That's called stealing.
    You just paid for 2018.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
Sign In or Register to comment.