Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What the fuck?
  • fionicfionic Posts: 26
    so are they reducing the price of the membership? what's the point of analog if there's no single?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    My guess is all memberships are about to become one price... maybe they are bringing on some form of music/video streaming for 10c members like Neil Young has done with his archives site?
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    FR181798 said:
    JB16057 said:
    My Analog membership renewed on December 20th. I'm not sure how they can take money for 2019 Analog membership and not fulfill the original promised items. Had I known the full details of what to expect, I might have changed my membership to Digital. I doubt this was a last minute decision. I think it's pretty pathetic to change the structuring of the memberships while the Ten Club is taking time off for the holidays and then with such little explanation. This is a major change and we don't have any additional information(sound familiar?)

I don't know how they can take my renewal money and then change what they are offering. That's called stealing.
    My renewal was Dec 13 but that gets me the 2018 single and t shirt, are you sure yours is not the same. I'm not entirely sure if you can pay earlier than Jan 2019 for the 2019 stuff hence this announcement coming just before the new year.
    Good question. I assumed I was paying for next year, not the current year.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Still a bit confused. My renewal is set for January 1st. Will I receive a shirt for 2018?
    Your membership will renew on January 1, 2019. That would make your renewal a 2019 renewal.  The year you renew is the year of your membership renewal. 

Since you are a member and posting at this time in 2018, your avatar says that you have been a member since 2006 (or perhaps before since I think the forum changed around then), you will still get your 2018 shirt.  Your shirt needs to be ordered soon.  1/31/2019 is the last day to order the 2018 shirt.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  •  Sucks but I just downgraded to digital for the first time. I figure with no vinyl it’s not worth the upcharge. If I like the T-shirt then I’ll buy it for twenty bucks and pay the same. This sucks is all I gotta say. 
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    edited December 2018
    It's not surprising that they decided to end something they obviously didn't care about. But I'm shocked with the lack of explanation for this decision and the fact that decided to announce this only 3 days (!!) before the date. This is something that exists since the very beginning of the band's history and deserved another treatment. Really sad.

Also, we paid for the analog memberships for 2017 and 2018, which included a vinyl single. Are they really saying "tough luck, you're not getting what you paid for"? The mp3 version of the single was already included in the digital membership so the analog members of 10C have been royally screwed over with this decision. I recently renewed my membership but after this I'm obviously downgrading to digital.

Really really disappointed, for what it means and the way this has been dealt with, this is an all-time low point for me regarding PJ. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    prl said:
    It's not surprising that they decided to end something they obviously didn't care about. But I'm shocked with the lack of explanation for this decision and the fact that decided to announce this only 3 days (!!) before the date. This is something that exists since the very beginning of the band's history and deserved another treatment. Really sad.

Also, we paid for the analog memberships for 2017 and 2018, which included a vinyl single. Are they really saying "tough luck, you're not getting what you paid for"? The mp3 version of the single was already included in the digital membership so the analog members of 10C have been royally screwed over with this decision. I recently renewed my membership but after this I'm obviously downgrading to digital.

Really really disappointed, for what it means and the way this has been dealt with, this is an all-time low point for me regarding PJ. 
    Per the email:

Members who purchased or renewed their membership at the Analog level in 2017 and/or 2018 will also receive the limited edition vinyl for those years once physical production is complete.
    Hobbes said:
    prl said:

Per the email:

Members who purchased or renewed their membership at the Analog level in 2017 and/or 2018 will also receive the limited edition vinyl for those years once physical production is complete.
    Thanks for the correction, I missed that bit. My apologies.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,170
    Everyone complained about it so much, I’m not surprised they canned it!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    On one hand I’m sad Pearl Jam decided to stop putting out fan club singles, on the other hand my other favorite band “The National“ just shipped their very first fan club Vinyl this month which is 180 gram colored vinyl with 9 live tracks on it. It also came with a bunch of other cool stuff. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/cyY4m8D
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • What a bummer. I’ll miss them.
    "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."---RS
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Everyone complained about it so much, I’m not surprised they canned it!
    The complaints are legitimate for reasons expressed here numerous times already.   So was this a vindictive move in reaction to legitimate complaints?  I sure the hell hope not. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    "I got a feeling" that they are going to replace the physical TC singles with unreleased video and exclusive digital downloads. Probably much cheaper & more convenient to pull up an archived video of a song or two & distribute it electronically.

It almost feels like, the moment I downgrade my membership....they will reward those that stayed "analog" with something really cool.
    I renew in January myself & will stay analog the first year to see what's up, then reconsider after that. Not gonna lie, I hope some of those with lower member numbers than mine don't renew & I move up a few more spots lol. 
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • PJRulz10 said:
     Sucks but I just downgraded to digital for the first time. I figure with no vinyl it’s not worth the upcharge. If I like the T-shirt then I’ll buy it for twenty bucks and pay the same. This sucks is all I gotta say. 
    I don’t think you can buy the Analog shirts. Unless on eBay. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i wonder if the drama goes with age  or is a cultural thing.
    im sad we dont get vinyl single anymore .was like tradition of be a pj fan..but its what it is.changes always are hard in the beggining...from the email i understand that something will change with new year membership,,maybe add something cool?change the packages to something different..we wait and see..in 3 days they new membership i guess will have details..
    lets see what the future holds.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,265
    its crap,we should get something else in its place seeing as we pay a lot for what we get
    danny d
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    deadendp said:
    Still a bit confused. My renewal is set for January 1st. Will I receive a shirt for 2018?
    Your membership will renew on January 1, 2019. That would make your renewal a 2019 renewal.  The year you renew is the year of your membership renewal. 

Since you are a member and posting at this time in 2018, your avatar says that you have been a member since 2006 (or perhaps before since I think the forum changed around then), you will still get your 2018 shirt.  Your shirt needs to be ordered soon.  1/31/2019 is the last day to order the 2018 shirt.
    deadendp said:

What
     about the physical holiday single? I'm under the assumption, that if I downgrade to the digital membership now, that I won't receive the 2018 holiday single in the mail? Is this correct?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ince.es said:
    ILL TAKE THAT AS A GOOD SIGN!!!!BRING IT!
    "and we’re excited to see what the future holds"
    Are you serious? 10C was different than most of the fan clubs due to benefits like this, an exclusive Xmas single from the very first beginning. Analog membership was named like this because of the Xmas Single, so what we do have now? What are people getting with the analog membership? A random ‘exclusive’ Ten Club T-Shirt? Is this for real?
    Will we have different pre-sales depending on our membership? Will the band sell the 10C to Live Nation like other bands like U2 did in the past? We will see.. but I cannot see any good sign right now.
    yes,im serious,cos we dont know yet how the membership goes.and what analog means.,.i guess 1st janyary the new renew membership starts and see how it plays..i dont like we dont get vinyl anymore but im not gonna cry out all day about or live in drama or denial that things changing..its not important thing in my life,.a vinyl or not..its cool,i liked it,ill miss it,,but im moving on and see how it plays in the future..not gonna waste my precious time,complaining about a rock band fan club change benefit atg a membership..im waititng for the future and see how it goes.
    it was cool ,liked it,but now it changing.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I trust them. I'll wait and see what they're up to :).
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    JB16057 said:
    FR181798 said:
    JB16057 said:
    My Analog membership renewed on December 20th. I'm not sure how they can take money for 2019 Analog membership and not fulfill the original promised items. Had I known the full details of what to expect, I might have changed my membership to Digital. I doubt this was a last minute decision. I think it's pretty pathetic to change the structuring of the memberships while the Ten Club is taking time off for the holidays and then with such little explanation. This is a major change and we don't have any additional information(sound familiar?)

I don't know how they can take my renewal money and then change what they are offering. That's called stealing.
    My renewal was Dec 13 but that gets me the 2018 single and t shirt, are you sure yours is not the same. I'm not entirely sure if you can pay earlier than Jan 2019 for the 2019 stuff hence this announcement coming just before the new year.
    Good question. I assumed I was paying for next year, not the current year.
    You pay for a year from your subscription/renewal date and get the items from the year your subscription started in so I pay Dec 2018, I get the 7", Deep and t shirt from 2018 but my membership will last until next December (2019).

Its going to suck a little if anyone renew on Jan 1st etc. because if you decide to cancel the auto renew until you find out what is included in the Analog membership (if there is one) then you would lose seniority, Im not sure if there is a grace period where you can keep your number for X amount of time.

Personally I wouldn't be paying anything until the details are released.

• Are folks going to snap up all the singles in the shop now? 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    I won't really miss the single but I am glad to see 10c finally addressed the issue, one way or the other. At least now people know. We'll find out on 1/1/19 if there is a price change or new benefits for analog members or whatever. Hopefully that part has been thought through, too...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

What
     about the physical holiday single? I'm under the assumption, that if I downgrade to the digital membership now, that I won't receive the 2018 holiday single in the mail? Is this correct?
    You renewed your membership for 2018 or you wouldn't be posting right now. You will get 2018 stuff.  Look in your account.  You have the 2018 download code and the 2018 shirt code, yes? 

When you renew in 2019 that is for 2019 membership offerings.  You cannot renew in 2019 and get 2018 renewal stuff.  Your 1/1/19 renewal date gives you a 2019 membership renewal. Switching to digital on 1/1/19 will give you a digital membership (or whatever they will call it in restructuring) for the year 2019. 

Yes, you will get your 2018 shirt and your annual fan club vinyl.  You need to order your shirt before 1/31/19 as your 2018 code will expire. You and I will then have to chat again about how 2018 and 2019 are not the same renewal years. :wink:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    im sad we dont get vinyl single anymore .was like tradition of be a pj fan..but its what it is.changes always are hard in the beggining...from the email i understand that something will change with new year membership,,maybe add something cool?change the packages to something different..we wait and see..in 3 days they new membership i guess will have details..
    The only thing the email says is that the single is over. If they had anything new they would have said it already since there are people with memberships renewing on Jan 1st and they deserve to know what that membership comes with. Announcing this 3 days before the deadline and during holiday season is at best a bad way of doing business.

Yes, things are changing. So what? Changes don't have to be for the good all the time. I hate it that when someone complains they're always some entitled drama queen with first world problems. If PJ decided to stop touring and focused on releasing new albums only (like The Beatles did) would you be a cry baby for complaining how you couldn't travel anymore while some of the rest of us were just happy to have new music? Good for you that anything the band does is enough. I mean it.

This is a bad decision and not just because we no longer get a vinyl single. It shows how the band doesn't care anymore, to the point that they can't even get a single or a small magazine out in time. That's what worries me, not the single per se. It shows some of the reasons that made me a fan for the last more than 20 years are no longer there. And the rest may follow...
  • prl said:
    The only thing the email says is that the single is over. If they had anything new they would have said it already since there are people with memberships renewing on Jan 1st and they deserve to know what that membership comes with. Announcing this 3 days before the deadline and during holiday season is at best a bad way of doing business.

Yes, things are changing. So what? Changes don't have to be for the good all the time. I hate it that when someone complains they're always some entitled drama queen with first world problems. If PJ decided to stop touring and focused on releasing new albums only (like The Beatles did) would you be a cry baby for complaining how you couldn't travel anymore while some of the rest of us were just happy to have new music? Good for you that anything the band does is enough. I mean it.

This is a bad decision and not just because we no longer get a vinyl single. It shows how the band doesn't care anymore, to the point that they can't even get a single or a small magazine out in time. That's what worries me, not the single per se. It shows some of the reasons that made me a fan for the last more than 20 years are no longer there. And the rest may follow...
    Exactly! We have all been trying to ignore the fact that our favorite band, a band some of us have followed for 25+ years religiously, etc is drastically slowing down. Now when they cancel something like this with very little explanation on top of no other promising news in a long time, we should be very worried. I'm sorry but there is no way to flip this into a positive thing. I knew some fans would get on here and try to spin this as a good thing, blah blah..but come on we have to open up our eyes. This isn't the Pearl Jam we all probably started loving after an album release or during a 25+ city tour.  I've come to accept it, I won't see this band many more times and luckily have PJ Radio (please dont that away SIRIUS XM) and will have a lot of solo Eddie shows in the future. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    I am hoping we get some answers when they return from the holiday break. My membership is up for renewal on 3/1/19, so I’ll wait until we have a better understanding of the upcoming changes.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    Answers from the 10C club?  Explanations?  Transparency?  You all must be new here. That is not the way it works, like it or not.
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    very sad . i always thought it was a cool thing to get. kinda like a toy in a cereal box. what i really care about more is that they go out on the road and not just stadiums. it was great while it lasted . you don't get many toys in cereal anymore either. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Get_Right said:
    Answers from the 10C club?  Explanations?  Transparency?  You all must be new here. That is not the way it works, like it or not.
    Not new here at all, but I have time before renewal to see if/what other changes may be happening. Nothing wrong with that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.