Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    @dankind

What did you think of Spellbound(1945)? This thread needs a dankind movie review!
    No
    Gregory Peck was a really handsome man. That is all I know about the movie thus far...
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,615
    @dankind

What did you think of Spellbound(1945)? This thread needs a dankind movie review!

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    @dankind

Excellent!!!..but you can find better Hitch movies..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    No
    Thank you, Alex! I just looked up Hitchcock's Filmography and realized how few of his films I have actually seen. It's a really sad measly number that I am too ashamed to mention on a public forum. PM me and let me know which ones I definitely need to watch, please!  

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    The Trouble With Harry FTW!!! I know it's Hitchcock lite, but goddamn it, I love that movie.

I do love Spellbound, though. Namely because I love Ingrid Bergman. I do agree that Hitchcock made much better films, including with Ingrid Bergman -- see Notorious.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    No
    dankind said:
    The Trouble With Harry FTW!!! I know it's Hitchcock lite, but goddamn it, I love that movie.

I do love Spellbound, though. Namely because I love Ingrid Bergman. I do agree that Hitchcock made much better films, including with Ingrid Bergman -- see Notorious.
    TTWH has Jerry Mathers in it? Awesome! Added to my list...along with Notorious.
    No
    @23scidoo
    Don't disown me over the Hitch films. I'm working on it.  :)  
    No
    ed243421 said:
    @dankind

So far, I need to watch Spellbound, Notorious, and The Trouble With Harry. Would you like to add any to the list?

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:

My favorite!!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

No
    Sweet! Adding North By Northwest, thank you ed243421R2-D2. Can I just call you edR2-D2?
    Yes
    Sweet! Adding North By Northwest, thank you ed243421R2-D2. Can I just call you edR2-D2?
    I call him

I SAW PEARL JAM

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• You should watch the Hitchcock movie I, CONFESS with Montgomery Clift. One of my favorites and one of the overlooked. Its great!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • So, how does Maja feel about KISS?

Btw, I started watching Spellbound on YouTube and the audio cut out after like 15 minutes. I found another link though, so I will give it another go this weekend. **fingers crossed**
    Who the Fuck watches a movie on youtube or some random link (or did you rent it through youtube?). 

Pay for your culture and watch it on Whatever streaming service (itunes?) that offer it. 

For Fuck sakes. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yes
    NxNW is fantastic.

My three favorite Hitchcock-heavy films are Vertigo (just a trip), Psycho (one of the best antiheroes), and Strangers on a Train (that carousel scene, oh man!).

Shadow of a Doubt
    is pretty awesome, too, and I have a soft spot for the twisted, fucked up, and (unintentionally?) hilarious film that is Rope.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    NxNW is fantastic.

My three favorite Hitchcock-heavy films are Vertigo (just a trip), Psycho (one of the best antiheroes), and Strangers on a Train (that carousel scene, oh man!).

Shadow of a Doubt
    is pretty awesome, too, and I have a soft spot for the twisted, fucked up, and (unintentionally?) hilarious film that is Rope.
    Have you seen I, CONFESS?
    No
    So, how does Maja feel about KISS?

Btw, I started watching Spellbound on YouTube and the audio cut out after like 15 minutes. I found another link though, so I will give it another go this weekend. **fingers crossed**
    Who the Fuck watches a movie on youtube or some random link (or did you rent it through youtube?). 

Pay for your culture and watch it on Whatever streaming service (itunes?) that offer it. 

For Fuck sakes. 
    I CAN WATCH IT ANY WAY I DAMN WELL PLEASE!!!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited January 2019
    So, how does Maja feel about KISS?

For Fuck sakes. 
    I CAN WATCH IT ANY WAY I DAMN WELL PLEASE!!!!
    Watch things legal and pay for your entertaibment. Dont be trash. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    No
    What the hell do you think I'm doing, looking for Spellbound on the black market? Going up to random vans in alleys hoping they're selling a bootleg copy of Spellbound? Selling my body on street corners for a quick fix? And boy howdy wasn't I pissed when I only got to see the overture!
  • What the hell do you think I'm doing, looking for Spellbound on the black market? Going up to random vans in alleys hoping they're selling a bootleg copy of Spellbound? Selling my body on street corners for a quick fix? And boy howdy wasn't I pissed when I only got to see the overture!
    You played Cartmario tonight?
    Yes
    dankind said:
    NxNW is fantastic.

Shadow of a Doubt
    Have you seen I, CONFESS?
    Yes, it's a very uneven film, similar to Rope in that way, but it doesn't provide the sick chuckles that Rope does -- at least not for me. Granted I haven't seen it for more than 20 years, but I never felt that it was one that merited rewatching.

And not everyone can use their parents' streaming subscriptions to watch films. Nobody who matters is going to wind up destitute from a person choosing to watch a 70-year-old film on YouTube. Hitchcock ain't losing any sleep over it; he's dead. And good riddance! He was a major dick!

All of his films likely will be public domain in the US in due time.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    can we please get back to the newest Netflix Original Series My Swedish Sex Life, starring Spiritual Chaos?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    Yes
    can we please get back to the newest Netflix Original Series My Swedish Sex Life, starring Spiritual Chaos?
    That show's going nowhere. It really petered out after the first few episodes.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    dankind said:
    The episode where Agnes went to South Korea is when the series jumped the shark.
    dankind said:
    NxNW is fantastic.

Shadow of a Doubt
    If we talk about Strangers on a Train, we talk about this

https://youtu.be/_tVFwhoeQVM
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Yes
    dankind said:
    The episode where Agnes went to South Korea is when the series jumped the shark.
    What adventures will Agnes be going on next?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    What adventures will Agnes be going on next?
    A Tale Of Two Kims - My Extraordinary Journey Into The Lives of Kim Jong Un and Kim Jong Il
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2019
    ed243421 said:
    @dankind

So far, I need to watch Spellbound, Notorious, and The Trouble With Harry. Would you like to add any to the list?
    Rear Window- one of my favorites. And living in NYC only makes it more appealing. See as many Hitchcock as you can! Also he makes cameos in his films- don’t look it up- play along and find him. 

Post edited by Renfield on