Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• I've never watched it. I will try to do that this weekend!
    Do it! If you like Dali there is no reason not to.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Just stumbled upon Agnes on Tinder. So she's looking for someone, but not me :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    For someone not even knowing what "Nintendo"is, Maja was pretty decent at playing New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Kart less so. It's quite boring playing Mario Kart with someone who hasn't played it when you yourself are decent at it, however much Nintendo has tried to party it up. 

I also had her try Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

I started up The Exorcist just before she had to leave. 

Albums played while playing videogames: 
    Joakim Thåström - Kärlek är för dom
    Pearl Jam - Live at the Gorge 2005 (the first acoustic disc)
    Tori Amos - To Venus and Back (disc 2, the AMAZING live disc)

Cool person. Nice hanging out with. Gonna try to do something more "showing her the city" stuff if we hang again.
    If????
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    He's already searching Tinder again. This is not looking good for Maja.
  • Yes
    Reply to her tinder profile. That would be funny
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Dude Mario is not what you should be doing with a lady. They really are not into that stuff and honestly how old are you without being rude. When inviting a lady round playing kids games is not a great plan. And no wonder she doesn't know what it is. That's a good sign.
    plenty of women do, actually. not mine, but I know plenty that do. and even those that don't regularly, it's something fun and harmless to try. it doesn't mean he's giving her a noogie and pushing her into the bushes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Yes
    Fair enough. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,794
    edited January 2019
    If you haven't fucked your loved one up with a red shell you haven't lived.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Dude Mario is not what you should be doing with a lady. They really are not into that stuff and honestly how old are you without being rude. When inviting a lady round playing kids games is not a great plan. And no wonder she doesn't know what it is. That's a good sign.
    plenty of women do, actually. not mine, but I know plenty that do. and even those that don't regularly, it's something fun and harmless to try. it doesn't mean he's giving her a noogie and pushing her into the bushes. 
    :lol:  I haven't heard the term "noogie" in years!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    If you haven't fucked your loved one up with a red shell you haven't lived.
    LOL. I'm going to have to tell my wife that next time she denies me and the kids a game of Mario Kart. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Nintendo.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    Nintendo is still a thing?

Man, Adventure Island sure was a fun game. 

And GoldenEye on the fancier Nintendo (64?).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited January 2019
    dankind said:

What rock are you living under? Haha.

Borrowed and played the Adventure Island on the SNES alot. But never really played the ones on NES.

Yes. GoldenEye 007 was on the N64. Top 5 game of all time.

To take this all back to Agnes. I actually had a Mario Kart 8 tournament/party at my place a few years back, and she and her then boyfriend was there. Don't remember if she was any good at the game. But remembering her boyfriend throwing up in my bathroom and then she had to take him home. 
    Yes
    That thing has way fancier graphics than the Adventure Island I remember. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    I still play Goldeneye on my N64. And Starfox.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm currently (but sloooowly) making my way thru Ocarina of Time for the first time ever.  Never had an N64 so I missed out.  I wish the graphics didn't look like total ass garbage but I'm digging the game. And I just picked up one of these bad boys to take place of the absolute dumbest piece of crap controller ever made that the N64 comes with:

edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm currently (but sloooowly) making my way thru Ocarina of Time for the first time ever.  Never had an N64 so I missed out.  I wish the graphics didn't look like total ass garbage but I'm digging the game. And I just picked up one of these bad boys to take place of the absolute dumbest piece of crap controller ever made that the N64 comes with:

What are you playing on? The OOT graphics doesn't look like ass on a CRT, like it was made for. The frame rate sucks though.

Maybe you should have played the Gamecube uprezzed port Nintendo did (that was also released on the Wii and Wii-U etc) instead?

Or play the 3DS version if you're into handhelds:

PJ_Soul said:

What are you playing on? The OOT graphics doesn't look like ass on a CRT, like it was made for. The frame rate sucks though.

Maybe you should have played the Gamecube uprezzed port Nintendo did (that was also released on the Wii and Wii-U etc) instead?

Or play the 3DS version if you're into handhelds:

The TV is definitely part of the problem.  Playing on my flat screen, everything is washed out.  I actually mentioned to a friend the other day that I should look for an inexpensive, working CRT to hook up my classic systems.
    Yes
    What's a CRT?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    What's a CRT?
    Cathode ray tube.  It's what TV's & monitors used to display images before they were LED, LCD, plasma, etc.
  • dankind said:
    What's a CRT?
    The regular old TV you had before your flat TV.
  • Maja calls Mario Kart "Cartmario". I don't know how to deal with that.
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    Maja calls Mario Kart "Cartmario". I don't know how to deal with that.
    You show her your tits.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    No
    dankind said:
    You show her your tits.
    Yeah, get some mardi gras beads. And this time when you post a photo blocking your face, where a cool mask. Better yet, do you have a yoshi costume? We know Maja is a furry, so she would appreciate that.
    Yes
    dankind said:
    You show her your tits.
    Yeah, get some mardi gras beads. And this time when you post a photo blocking your face, where a cool mask. Better yet, do you have a yoshi costume? We know Maja is a furry, so she would appreciate that.
    And if you're lucky, she'll ask to see your Toad.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    No
    :lol:
    No
    Agnes wouldn't ask to see your toad. 
    You throw a red shell at her!
    Kidding... just roll with the idiosyncrasies.
    edited January 2019
    No
    So, how does Maja feel about KISS?

Btw, I started watching Spellbound on YouTube and the audio cut out after like 15 minutes. I found another link though, so I will give it another go this weekend. **fingers crossed**
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on