Options

Elizabeth Warren and Her Ancestry. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    my2hands said:
    You cant stop yourself from talking down to people
    Pot, meet kettle. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The dynamic duo lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Pot, meet kettle. 
    Have any data on that?

lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    The dynamic duo lol
    It’s better than your alternative. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Pot, meet kettle. 
    Have any data on that?

lol
    If you understood the scientific process, you wouldn’t have to ask that question. Lol. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    My2...

While some of your recent contrary points of view have more legitimacy than what many care to concede, I have to say you have not exactly been above talking down to people yourself. To be frank, you're a bit of a front runner in this department.

I am not speaking from any high horse here- I'm aware of my posts and how they might (or better yet should) be received with their dripping sarcasm.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    my2hands said:
    My2...

While some of your recent contrary points of view have more legitimacy than what many care to concede, I have to say you have not exactly been above talking down to people yourself. To be frank, you're a bit of a front runner in this department.

I am not speaking from any high horse here- I'm aware of my posts and how they might (or better yet should) be received with their dripping sarcasm.

I believe my2 is giving some people a taste of their own Medicine. (And for good reason). 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Personally, I think you're all full of shit.  :lol:

:hang_loose:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    my2hands said:
    My2...

He has...he wasn't the first...nor the second...nor the third.  Reached his breaking point and I'm enjoying it.

#TeamMy2Hands
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    My2...

I believe my2 is giving some people a taste of their own Medicine. (And for good reason). 
    Chicken dinner
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    My2...

He has...he wasn't the first...nor the second...nor the third.  Reached his breaking point and I'm enjoying it.

#TeamMy2Hands
    Fair enough.

But once you jump into the ring and begin exchanging punches... you're not really in the position to speak to others' punches.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    My2...

#TeamMy2Hands
    Fair enough.

But once you jump into the ring and begin exchanging punches... you're not really in the position to speak to others' punches.
    Sure you are...the best commentators are always ex-players! 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    My2...

#TeamMy2Hands
    Fair enough.

He's still playing though.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    My2...

#TeamMy2Hands
    Fair enough.

He's still playing though.
    Touche!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Cincy and I go back to the Bush years up in here

#OG
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    my2hands said:
    Cincy and I go back to the Bush years up in here

#OG
    Good times
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    my2hands said:
    My2...

#TeamMy2Hands
    I'm #TeamMy2Hands too, but My2... ya gotta stop telling people to quit reading the news in the AMT forum. :lol: Reading the news is pretty much all this forum is based on, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    My2...

#TeamMy2Hands
    I'm #TeamMy2Hands too, but My2... ya gotta stop telling people to quit reading the news in the AMT forum. :lol: Reading the news is pretty much all this forum is based on, lol.
    You just want your coffee date ;) 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal.  Of all the things we could complain about most politicians... wow.
    It's not a big deal in reality....but when talking about elections you have to look at the optics of the situation.  And that matters to a lot of voters.  Part of the reason why JFK beat Nixon.  Optics.  

So while it doesn't matter to me more than issues, I'm betting it will to plenty of voters.  
    I really don't think voters will be focused on this petty issue in two years.  If they are, and they re-elect Trump, then the idiot voters get what they deserve and the rest of us have to live in the same pool of slime.  Or do what I will do, move to Saturn. 
    If Warren is the nominee it will certainly come up.  No doubt about it.  Teflon Don has a way of being awful and still making others pay for the 1 time they lied or were awful....I don;t get it, but I've seen it too many times to discount it anymore.
    So maybe EW should just learn to grab willies, treat men like dirt, use the word "billions" over and over and over, talk about how she really had just hoped she didn't have any of that dirty injun blood in her, and say and tweet stupid shit.  This is the kind of stuff America really wants.  Maybe then she would have a chance to become POTUS.   

And come up with a clever acronym/ slogan like, KARS.  Keep American Ridiculously Stupid!

Great strategy if she ran as a republican.

Dem voters have cognitive ability above neanderthal though.
    This is what got him elected, and this is what is going to get him reelected 

Elitism
    Trump may be a moron, racist, bigot, misogynist, narcissist, sexual predator, liar, tax evader, traitor, treasonous POS.  But i will vote for him out of spite.
    I felt this way in 2016 but just couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump. Maybe I will in 2020...if people keep looking down their noses at Trump supporters because that is pretty annoying to see. Trump supporters either had a good reason to vote for him (maybe they're just conservative and want conservatism to "trump" liberalism), were duped (really bought that he's a great businessman), or are just entertained by him (he can be funny sometimes). I think those are the three main groups of Trump voters. I think the racist or sexist voters turned on by Trump (cause there's definitely some) are the minority of his voting base. 
    I'm glad someone else said that. Because it is true, but anyone who suggests otherwise gets jumped on. I might have a different opinion on what the first 3 groups are though.
    For anyone who still can't figure out why Trump won it was because of that in part. The blind corruption and cover-ups that goes on in DC. And not that Trump or even the republican party is free from that, but a vote for a change was a vote that we weren't okay with the IRS targeting individuals for their beliefs and so on.
    But what I can't figure out is how everything political is completely ignored (not only ignored, but years later still a put down if you are interested in anything IRS, Bengahzi, obstruction of FBI investigation, etc), and anyone who voted for Trump is automatically racist and sexist. And it is my belief that those in the middle, who were the deciding factor in the last election, won't change if those labels continue for reasons that you said.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal.  Of all the things we could complain about most politicians... wow.
    It's not a big deal in reality....but when talking about elections you have to look at the optics of the situation.  And that matters to a lot of voters.  Part of the reason why JFK beat Nixon.  Optics.  

So while it doesn't matter to me more than issues, I'm betting it will to plenty of voters.  
    I really don't think voters will be focused on this petty issue in two years.  If they are, and they re-elect Trump, then the idiot voters get what they deserve and the rest of us have to live in the same pool of slime.  Or do what I will do, move to Saturn. 
    If Warren is the nominee it will certainly come up.  No doubt about it.  Teflon Don has a way of being awful and still making others pay for the 1 time they lied or were awful....I don;t get it, but I've seen it too many times to discount it anymore.
    So maybe EW should just learn to grab willies, treat men like dirt, use the word "billions" over and over and over, talk about how she really had just hoped she didn't have any of that dirty injun blood in her, and say and tweet stupid shit.  This is the kind of stuff America really wants.  Maybe then she would have a chance to become POTUS.   

And come up with a clever acronym/ slogan like, KARS.  Keep American Ridiculously Stupid!

Elitism
    Trump may be a moron, racist, bigot, misogynist, narcissist, sexual predator, liar, tax evader, traitor, treasonous POS.  But i will vote for him out of spite.
    I felt this way in 2016 but just couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump. Maybe I will in 2020...if people keep looking down their noses at Trump supporters because that is pretty annoying to see. Trump supporters either had a good reason to vote for him (maybe they're just conservative and want conservatism to "trump" liberalism), were duped (really bought that he's a great businessman), or are just entertained by him (he can be funny sometimes). I think those are the three main groups of Trump voters. I think the racist or sexist voters turned on by Trump (cause there's definitely some) are the minority of his voting base. 
    I'm glad someone else said that. Because it is true, but anyone who suggests otherwise gets jumped on. I might have a different opinion on what the first 3 groups are though.
    For anyone who still can't figure out why Trump won it was because of that in part. The blind corruption and cover-ups that goes on in DC. And not that Trump or even the republican party is free from that, but a vote for a change was a vote that we weren't okay with the IRS targeting individuals for their beliefs and so on.
    But what I can't figure out is how everything political is completely ignored (not only ignored, but years later still a put down if you are interested in anything IRS, Bengahzi, obstruction of FBI investigation, etc), and anyone who voted for Trump is automatically racist and sexist. And it is my belief that those in the middle, who were the deciding factor in the last election, won't change if those labels continue for reasons that you said.
    And before you accuse me of jumping down your throat or trying to bully you or stifle debate, read what I’m posting and read the link I’ve posted. This is the shit that drives me crazy. I’m assuming that you’re referring to the IRS “politically motivated audits of conservative 501cs and not individuals (just trying to be sure we’re on the same page)? If the former, and not the latter, it’s been debunked as a lie. Not by liberal talking heads or a spin machine but by multiple investigations based in facts. And yet, you believe it wasn’t the “change people were looking for.” If it were true, I’d agree with you. But it’s not true. Full stop. You then mention Benghazi. Four separate investigations that lasted years with Hillary testifying for 18-20 hours over two days. What came of it? Any indictments? No, four Americans were killed and the administration got the details wrong in the haze of war. Yet, both sides are the same, Washington is corrupt. Meanwhile, Obama is vilified as the second coming of the devil and yet is so squeaky clean was that the worst they could come up with is his association with Reverend Wright. Meanwhile, Team Trump Treason has spent his lifetime fucking over people, showing his racist tendencies and sexually assualting women and “he’s automatically racist.” Well, guess fucking what? He is! So you know what? It’s wrong to support Team Trump Treason, the guy who lies on average 9 times a day, the guy who believes there were “decent people” on both sides, the guy who thinks it’s okay for his Saudi patron to murder a journalist, the guy who mocks the less fortunate and victims of sexual assault and the guy who encourages violence. You’re wrong and your opinion is wrong. Stop believing the lies and the memes. This interfering with the FBI investigation? What about it? Ever occur to you with a repub President that chants “lock her up,” a repub congress with investigative and subpoena power and a fuck wad partisan hack in AG Sessions that there is no there, there? Yet, you seem to believe “both sides are the same?” 

And remember, it’s not personal. I just think you’re wrong because the facts bear it out. I’m not attacking you personally, just your opinion. If I hurt your feelings or you feel like I jumped down your throat or bullied you or stifled your debate, I’m sorry but that’s on you.

https://www.newsweek.com/remember-irs-scandal-it-was-fake-news-all-along-681674
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    And before you accuse me of jumping down your throat or trying to bully you or stifle debate, read what I’m posting and read the link I’ve posted. This is the shit that drives me crazy. I’m assuming that you’re referring to the IRS “politically motivated audits of conservative 501cs and not individuals (just trying to be sure we’re on the same page)? If the former, and not the latter, it’s been debunked as a lie. Not by liberal talking heads or a spin machine but by multiple investigations based in facts. And yet, you believe it wasn’t the “change people were looking for.” If it were true, I’d agree with you. But it’s not true. Full stop. You then mention Benghazi. Four separate investigations that lasted years with Hillary testifying for 18-20 hours over two days. What came of it? Any indictments? No, four Americans were killed and the administration got the details wrong in the haze of war. Yet, both sides are the same, Washington is corrupt. Meanwhile, Obama is vilified as the second coming of the devil and yet is so squeaky clean was that the worst they could come up with is his association with Reverend Wright. Meanwhile, Team Trump Treason has spent his lifetime fucking over people, showing his racist tendencies and sexually assualting women and “he’s automatically racist.” Well, guess fucking what? He is! So you know what? It’s wrong to support Team Trump Treason, the guy who lies on average 9 times a day, the guy who believes there were “decent people” on both sides, the guy who thinks it’s okay for his Saudi patron to murder a journalist, the guy who mocks the less fortunate and victims of sexual assault and the guy who encourages violence. You’re wrong and your opinion is wrong. Stop believing the lies and the memes. This interfering with the FBI investigation? What about it? Ever occur to you with a repub President that chants “lock her up,” a repub congress with investigative and subpoena power and a fuck wad partisan hack in AG Sessions that there is no there, there? Yet, you seem to believe “both sides are the same?” 

And remember, it’s not personal. I just think you’re wrong because the facts bear it out. I’m not attacking you personally, just your opinion. If I hurt your feelings or you feel like I jumped down your throat or bullied you or stifled your debate, I’m sorry but that’s on you.

Hahahaha the last paragraph reeks of “no, it really is you”. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Then facts don’t matter when forming an opinion? We might as well just believe everything Team Trump Treason and the repubs say as god honest truth and blindly follow along? Madness.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Did you happen to catch where I said if it was true I’d agree with him? And did you read the link before responding?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Did you happen to catch where I said if it was true I’d agree with him? And did you read the link before responding?

If I hurt your feelings or you feel like I jumped down your throat or bullied you or stifled your debate, I’m sorry but that’s on you.

I said the last paragraph. Wtf are you talking about? 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

If I hurt your feelings or you feel like I jumped down your throat or bullied you or stifled your debate, I’m sorry but that’s on you.

How many times did I have to tell you, Cincy, that, “it’s not personal?” I haven’t met any of you guys and gals on here and yet everyone takes what I say in response “personally.”

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

How many times did I have to tell you, Cincy, that, “it’s not personal?” I haven’t met any of you guys and gals on here and yet everyone takes what I say in response “personally.”

Ummm, ok I was laughing at how that last paragraph sounded...

instead of “it’s nit you it’s me” it was the “no, it really is you”. I thought it was funny. So ......unsure where you are going with these posts to me.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Cheeto eating, basement dwelling, keyboard warrior, Internet tough guy, pompous liberal bully elitist who’s not the smartest guy in the room

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Quit using your darn facts.  I will vote for Trump if you keep throwing them in my face.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Quit using your darn facts.  I will vote for Trump if you keep throwing them in my face.
    Lol

I hate the facts too. If I could vote... I'd vote for Trump just to show everybody that facts do not matter. Screw you and your facts. I go on a hunch. That's the real way to do it.

Gawddamn stupid facts. Who cares man?