Options

Elizabeth Warren and Her Ancestry. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Lol, great movie though
  • Options
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is a potential problem for the Democratic primary moreso than the general election. There either is a better nominee or there is not. Every politician has warts and every politician has weaknesses that will be exploited by the opposition. If the Dems can find someone better then nominate that person. But if they can't and this is the only reason why then they will have shot themselves in the foot.

If Warren is the nominee, and the opponent is Trump, anyone voting for him over her while claiming they did so because of ancestry while discounting all of Trump's flaws is completely and totally full of shit. If false claims, misstatements and lies bother you only when one party makes them then it isn't really about any false claim, misstatement or lie. It's about rooting for one team over the other, nothing more.
    She is beyond tainted now, whether people like it or not. Unfortunately. Dont shoot the messenger
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'll take the "tainted" candidate over the sitting President who will be mired in a Supreme Court case regarding whether or not he can pardon himself.

not me, not worth the risk. she will not be getting my vote in the primary, you can bet that. I need someone that will beat this fucking guy, and Pocahontas isn't the one. I had some hopes, but alas, she shot herself in the foot 

I'm not a huge Warren fan but it seems he can grab pussies all day and become potus* and she can talk about how her grandparent didnt want her parents to get married due to her moms family lineage and she is eliminated.

The bias by moderates and dems against the left is the biggest problem affecting America 
    I'm not going to vote for her in the primary because I know she has no shot in a general election now, it at least that's my opinion. And this coming from a guy planning to try and vote for women straight down the ballot if possible 

I get that, but potus* will have a nasty attack and nickname for any opponent.

So what's the dems choices, Avenatti or Sean Penn, someone who will go curse for curse with him?

The media helped trump obliterate her this week, and the Indian thing was a legitimate family origin story of her parents marriage. I suspect her only alternative now is after her election to literally say fu^k you media, this really happened in my family and you took the liars side. Using curses and all.

I'm not going after you, I'm noting that there's an inherent bias against the dems by the media.

While the right gets to vote for a p grabber and Russian collaborator, there are unrealistic  expectations that the dems will be true to our democracy while at the same time, nasty enough to fight trump in the election. 

Almost as tough as landing a royal flush.
    Biden.
    Ugh. Old white lifetime politician that is creepy as hell? Surely the Dems can and will do better than that...I hope. Cause for fucks sake, they already made me actually vote for Hillary, and if Joe ran I’d have to vote for him....and I’ll throw up in my mouth as I do it.

Here is where we are far apart, I just don't understand why him being white matters.

If we said old black lifetime politician would it be an equal argument? Why would being black matter? 

Policies matter, nothing else.
    Fair point
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    my2hands said:
    Lol, great movie though
    Awesome movie!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    #toast
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    toast... mmmm.... toast.....

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is a potential problem for the Democratic primary moreso than the general election. There either is a better nominee or there is not. Every politician has warts and every politician has weaknesses that will be exploited by the opposition. If the Dems can find someone better then nominate that person. But if they can't and this is the only reason why then they will have shot themselves in the foot.

If Warren is the nominee, and the opponent is Trump, anyone voting for him over her while claiming they did so because of ancestry while discounting all of Trump's flaws is completely and totally full of shit. If false claims, misstatements and lies bother you only when one party makes them then it isn't really about any false claim, misstatement or lie. It's about rooting for one team over the other, nothing more.
    She is beyond tainted now, whether people like it or not. Unfortunately. Dont shoot the messenger
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'll take the "tainted" candidate over the sitting President who will be mired in a Supreme Court case regarding whether or not he can pardon himself.

not me, not worth the risk. she will not be getting my vote in the primary, you can bet that. I need someone that will beat this fucking guy, and Pocahontas isn't the one. I had some hopes, but alas, she shot herself in the foot 

I'm not a huge Warren fan but it seems he can grab pussies all day and become potus* and she can talk about how her grandparent didnt want her parents to get married due to her moms family lineage and she is eliminated.

The bias by moderates and dems against the left is the biggest problem affecting America 
    I'm not going to vote for her in the primary because I know she has no shot in a general election now, it at least that's my opinion. And this coming from a guy planning to try and vote for women straight down the ballot if possible 

So what's the dems choices, Avenatti or Sean Penn, someone who will go curse for curse with him?

The media helped trump obliterate her this week, and the Indian thing was a legitimate family origin story of her parents marriage. I suspect her only alternative now is after her election to literally say fu^k you media, this really happened in my family and you took the liars side. Using curses and all.

I'm not going after you, I'm noting that there's an inherent bias against the dems by the media.

While the right gets to vote for a p grabber and Russian collaborator, there are unrealistic  expectations that the dems will be true to our democracy while at the same time, nasty enough to fight trump in the election. 

Biden.
    Ugh. Old white lifetime politician that is creepy as hell? Surely the Dems can and will do better than that...I hope. Cause for fucks sake, they already made me actually vote for Hillary, and if Joe ran I’d have to vote for him....and I’ll throw up in my mouth as I do it.

Here is where we are far apart, I just don't understand why him being white matters.

If we said old black lifetime politician would it be an equal argument? Why would being black matter? 

Name three policies of Elizabeth Warren’s that you oppose, with links, and an explanation for each of why. For a bonus, name two more and explain why. I look forward to your code. Or meme. BOO!

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.

Fair point
    It matters cause trump is an old white man. So trying to separate from him. More than policies matter to the voters.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    Is it contrarian when I call out Warren for looking like a total jackass? Because frankly she looks like a fool now and is toast in a general, this is a total anchor around her ankle in regards to national office, and being a progressive looking for political prospects, that doesnt make me very happy. 

Only the most devout kool aid drinker could say this proved she is of NA heritage, which I've actually read here, and thinks this doesnt look bad. And then of course there is the hair splitting by my friends on the left trying to justify/explain it away. Progressives better start keeping it real and owning shit or this dude is sticking around for 6 more years, while stormy tweets about his dick lol
    my2hands said:
    Is it contrarian when I call out Warren for looking like a total jackass? Because frankly she looks like a fool now and is toast in a general, this is a total anchor around her ankle in regards to national office, and being a progressive looking for political prospects, that doesnt make me very happy. 

Only the most devout kool aid drinker could say this proved she is of NA heritage, which I've actually read here, and thinks this doesnt look bad. And then of course there is the hair splitting by my friends on the left trying to justify/explain it away. Progressives better start keeping it real and owning shit or this dude is sticking around for 6 more years, while stormy tweets about his dick lol
    When Trump does something that makes him look like a total jackass you dismiss it and say it isn't news.
    Why such a different reaction?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

When Trump does something that makes him look like a total jackass you dismiss it and say it isn't news.
    Because I know Trump is a jackass and expect nothing less... i would like him to lose in 2020... and I support progressive candidates, especially if they are female.... so let's just say I'm a little disappointed in Pocahontas 

And then I come on here and see people say this proved she is of Native American heritage LOL, wtf?... or try to excuse/explain it away with some bullshit... which is ridiculous and plays right into the Republicans hands... progressives need to learn how to own shit and stop looking like fools, that shit doesnt win general elections

It's ok, hopefully Bernie runs because most of the dems are fake progressives and neoliberals sucking wall streets dick
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

And toilet paper on his shoe, or tweets about his dick, or his physical appearance are not news and make the opposition look like fucking fools every second they waste on shit like that and it helps him get reelected 

People better start listening to unsung more, and less from the elitist media at 30 rock if they want to beat Trump
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

And toilet paper on his shoe, or tweets about his dick, or his physical appearance are not news and make the opposition look like fucking fools every second they waste on shit like that and it helps him get reelected 

People better start listening to unsung more, and less from the elitist media at 30 rock if they want to beat Trump
    I agree with this. With one caveat.... I don’t think trump would win the republican nomination or the general election. So I’ll admit I may be wrong because trump seems to defy all this crap. 

And of course it’s hypocritical of trump supporters to call Warren a liar when they support trump. But that ain’t going to change. And this made Warren look pretty pathetic in my opinion. I already knew trump was pathetic

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    He will get a 2nd term this country needs to really go down the drain before it wakes the fuck up ...
    Biden creepy what has he been accused of doing , who has he assaultted , who has come forward with claims of sexual attacks by him ? I don’t get the creepy tag attached to him by some , the Dems need a new candidate and so far there are none willing to step forward ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    He will get a 2nd term this country needs to really go down the drain before it wakes the fuck up ...
    Biden creepy what has he been accused of doing , who has he assaultted , who has come forward with claims of sexual attacks by him ? I don’t get the creepy tag attached to him by some , the Dems need a new candidate and so far there are none willing to step forward ...
    Michelle Obama.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I’d call Biden more than creepy if he had all that.... but he is definitely creepy.  Lots of video on his creepiness. Dude is definitely creepy.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    mcgruff10 said:
    Michelle Obama.
    I don't think she has the megalomaniac ego that is required to be POTUS.  She spent 8 years in the WH.  She knows the message of hope is just a campaign promise.  Only reason she would run if she desires power.  I'd much rather enjoy life doing a few book tours and hanging out with Richard Branson.  
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.

Fair point
    It matters cause trump is an old white man. So trying to separate from him. More than policies matter to the voters.
    Kind of a broad brush, no?  Kind of racist, no?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.

Name three policies of Elizabeth Warren’s that you oppose, with links, and an explanation for each of why. For a bonus, name two more and explain why. I look forward to your code. Or meme. BOO!

Anti-2A.
    Pro illegal immigration.
    Plays into the whole special interest group based on sex and color instead of treating people equally.

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.

Anti-2A.
    Pro illegal immigration.
    Plays into the whole special interest group based on sex and color instead of treating people equally.

Care to back any of that up?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.

Anti-2A.
    Pro illegal immigration.

I haven’t looked it up but does she really wa
  • Options
    Does she really want to amend 2A , fed up the quote..
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    I'm no Democrat and many of my views are slightly to the right of my left-leaning friends...but I very much enjoy watching my Senator regularly trigger the GOP and its Unsungesque cabal of fellow travelers.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    trigger me?  lol, not happening.  
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

To the contrary, I feel every time Trump embarrasses himself he makes his supporters look like f**king fools.

You can't beat a legion of stupid people by playing nicely. You think depicting Trump as he truly is only galvanizes his moronic base more? I think it's more appropriate to suggest that nothing would deter these simple idiots from supporting the gomer.

So, as the powers that be take the steps necessary to defeat the clown at the polls, every time he makes a public appearance with snot in his nose... or his shirt tucked into his underwear... or with toilet paper stuck on the bottom of his shoe after carelessly bumbling his way off his golden toilet... point it out. Why not? It's f**king hilarious and if not symbolic for so many reasons- one being the global embarrassment of a country that prides itself on pride.

"USA USA USA..." (with Trump in his customary blue suit, red tie, and gravy stain pumping his flabby arms... completely oblivious to the fact that he left the stall as a toddler might). Ironic considering he felt the need to poke a jab at Clinton for supposedly taking a dump prior to the Democratic debates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3C3qrO_8Q

or...

"USA Usa us..." (chant dying to a barely audible whisper as Putin walks into the room while his puppet lowers his arms and looks down to the top of his shoes- tail tucked firmly between his legs where- according to prostitutes- there is ample room).

Yah. The commander in chief. The fearless, noble and dignified leader of the US. F**king pathetic.   
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    my2hands said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Because I know Trump is a jackass and expect nothing less... i would like him to lose in 2020... and I support progressive candidates, especially if they are female.... so let's just say I'm a little disappointed in Pocahontas 

And then I come on here and see people say this proved she is of Native American heritage LOL, wtf?... or try to excuse/explain it away with some bullshit... which is ridiculous and plays right into the Republicans hands... progressives need to learn how to own shit and stop looking like fools, that shit doesnt win general elections

It's ok, hopefully Bernie runs because most of the dems are fake progressives and neoliberals sucking wall streets dick
    Really surprised to see you taking up  the "Pocahontas" name calling and hate for EW.  You really going to let a basically non-issue like this taint your opinion?  What about everything else she has done? 

I really get the feeling Trump and his legions are having there way with the American people.  Fucking politics.  Makes me want to vomit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    double post
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Really surprised to see you taking up  the "Pocahontas" name calling and hate for EW.  You really going to let a basically non-issue like this taint your opinion?  What about everything else she has done? 

I really get the feeling Trump and his legions are having there way with the American people.  Fucking politics.  Makes me want to vomit.
    It’s only a non-issue because she was proven wrong.  Had it been the other way around...well, we all know.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    It's only a non-issue because the standard bearer of her opposition is guilty of so much worse.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

It’s only a non-issue because she was proven wrong.  Had it been the other way around...well, we all know.

Yes, we know - Trump would still have refused to pay up. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    There is no hate... she is now tainted in a general election so I wont support her in the primary... it's not rocket science my friend. She is also now tainted as a US senator, and frankly she is one of the few progressives so pardon me if I'm a little disappointed in Pocahontas. Just like the poser up in CT that lied about military service, I forget his name, but he's a friggin joke. Democrats just keep shooting themselves in the foot and then act surprised when a clown gets elected. Easier to blame it on racism than their own bullshit

All this excusing away of this EW thing makes progressives look like fools