Options

Elizabeth Warren and Her Ancestry. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Because it is funny... whether people realize it or not she looks like a total ass to most people now because of this, not him
    You just explained what is so seriously wrong with America right now.
    Why?  Trump looks like an ass for a lot of things, his nicknaming is one.

But in this specific situation, she certainly looks pretty bad herself.
    You just explained why. Because so many people apparently think she is the total ass and not him, just because of this, without mention of all that ridiculous crap Trump said about it and that he promised $1M that he now won't give to charity. This one thing has been blown wildly out of proportion, while everything Trump does on a day to day basis is being minimized.
    Gotcha...I agree with this.  Just didn't understand what you were saying.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Because it is funny... whether people realize it or not she looks like a total ass to most people now because of this, not him
    You just explained what is so seriously wrong with America right now.
    Why?  Trump looks like an ass for a lot of things, his nicknaming is one.

But in this specific situation, she certainly looks pretty bad herself.
    You just explained why. Because so many people apparently think she is the total ass and not him, just because of this. This one thing has been blown wildly out of proportion, while everything Trump does on a day to day basis is being minimized.
    Exactly!  And how crazy is that!?

Say, how difficult is it to emigrate to Canada these days?  My step daughter lives in Alaska, my sister in the Bay Area, and my brother and some nephews in Washington state.  BC would put me about half way between the extremes and would be a release from this insane asylum we live in.
     Just google "how to immigrate (or emigrate) to Canada" Brian, and you will find all the answers you're looking for. :)

Or search for how to freeze your ass off and live in a country that can't even win a trophy in the sport it invented while eating maple syrup.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal.  Of all the things we could complain about most politicians... wow.
    It's not a big deal in reality....but when talking about elections you have to look at the optics of the situation.  And that matters to a lot of voters.  Part of the reason why JFK beat Nixon.  Optics.  

So while it doesn't matter to me more than issues, I'm betting it will to plenty of voters.  
    I really don't think voters will be focused on this petty issue in two years.  If they are, and they re-elect Trump, then the idiot voters get what they deserve and the rest of us have to live in the same pool of slime.  Or do what I will do, move to Saturn. 
    You don't think it will be used against her by other Democrats in the primary? Shiiiiiiit lol

Toast, Brian, toast. Not yummy toast with apple butter either lol
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal.  Of all the things we could complain about most politicians... wow.
    It's not a big deal in reality....but when talking about elections you have to look at the optics of the situation.  And that matters to a lot of voters.  Part of the reason why JFK beat Nixon.  Optics.  

So while it doesn't matter to me more than issues, I'm betting it will to plenty of voters.  
    I really don't think voters will be focused on this petty issue in two years.  If they are, and they re-elect Trump, then the idiot voters get what they deserve and the rest of us have to live in the same pool of slime.  Or do what I will do, move to Saturn. 
    If Warren is the nominee it will certainly come up.  No doubt about it.  Teflon Don has a way of being awful and still making others pay for the 1 time they lied or were awful....I don;t get it, but I've seen it too many times to discount it anymore.
    Nominee? It will be used in the primaries, lets not fool ourselves here
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

If Warren is the nominee it will certainly come up.  No doubt about it.  Teflon Don has a way of being awful and still making others pay for the 1 time they lied or were awful....I don;t get it, but I've seen it too many times to discount it anymore.
    So maybe EW should just learn to grab willies, treat men like dirt, use the word "billions" over and over and over, talk about how she really had just hoped she didn't have any of that dirty injun blood in her, and say and tweet stupid shit.  This is the kind of stuff America really wants.  Maybe then she would have a chance to become POTUS.   

And come up with a clever acronym/ slogan like, KARS.  Keep American Ridiculously Stupid!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

So maybe EW should just learn to grab willies, treat men like dirt, use the word "billions" over and over and over, talk about how she really had just hoped she didn't have any of that dirty injun blood in her, and say and tweet stupid shit.  This is the kind of stuff America really wants.  Maybe then she would have a chance to become POTUS.   

And come up with a clever acronym/ slogan like, KARS.  Keep American Ridiculously Stupid!

Great strategy if she ran as a republican.

Dem voters have cognitive ability above neanderthal though.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

This is what got him elected, and this is what is going to get him reelected 

Elitism
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Fear of the “other” and putin on the ritz is what got him elected.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Trump may be a moron, racist, bigot, misogynist, narcissist, sexual predator, liar, tax evader, traitor, treasonous POS.  But i will vote for him out of spite.

not worried about the mouth breathers changing their mind.  They are beyond help.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Trump may be a moron, racist, bigot, misogynist, narcissist, sexual predator, liar, tax evader, traitor, treasonous POS.  But i will vote for him out of spite.
    I felt this way in 2016 but just couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump. Maybe I will in 2020...if people keep looking down their noses at Trump supporters because that is pretty annoying to see. Trump supporters either had a good reason to vote for him (maybe they're just conservative and want conservatism to "trump" liberalism), were duped (really bought that he's a great businessman), or are just entertained by him (he can be funny sometimes). I think those are the three main groups of Trump voters. I think the racist or sexist voters turned on by Trump (cause there's definitely some) are the minority of his voting base. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    I felt this way in 2016 but just couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump. Maybe I will in 2020...if people keep looking down their noses at Trump supporters because that is pretty annoying to see. Trump supporters either had a good reason to vote for him (maybe they're just conservative and want conservatism to "trump" liberalism), were duped (really bought that he's a great businessman), or are just entertained by him (he can be funny sometimes). I think those are the three main groups of Trump voters. I think the racist or sexist voters turned on by Trump (cause there's definitely some) are the minority of his voting base. 
    Referring to your last sentence, based upon what?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Well I can't back it up with any statistics because there's no exit-polling data on whether someone is racist or not. But I contend that his racist base can't be that big because where were all these racists the past two elections? If there was ever a time for racists to get out and vote, it was in 2008 and 2012 against Obama right?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    edited October 2018
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Well I can't back it up with any statistics because there's no exit-polling data on whether someone is racist or not. But I contend that his racist base can't be that big because where were all these racists the past two elections? If there was ever a time for racists to get out and vote, it was in 2008 and 2012 against Obama right?
    Guess you didn’t read the article or the paper it’s based upon then?

Obama lost the white vote by 8% in 2008 and by 20% in 2012. But racism has been eliminated.

Linked yesterday.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Obama lost the white vote by 8% in 2008 and by 20% in 2012. But racism has been eliminated.

Linked yesterday.
    And Obama won the black vote 93% to 6 % in 2012. So all those black people are racist for voting against a white guy? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Linked yesterday.
    And Obama won the black vote 93% to 6 % in 2012. So all those black people are racist for voting against a white guy? 
    Read the link.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Linked yesterday.
    Because Obama represented their values and respected everyone?so yea.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    That link and study prove bupkus
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    Sure. And I highly doubt you read either.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Dear Watson,

All it shows is a consistent voting pattern over the past 40+ years that about 40% of white people support the Democratic candidate... 

2008 Obama had the highest amount of support by whites for a Democrat since 1976 and Jimmy Carter... and in 2008 Obama enjoyed 54% support by young white voters... that's a huge number for a Democrat 

The drop in support from 2008 to 2012 is simply a return to the historical average after an electric and transitional candidate in 2008 brought in large numbers of independents and swing voters that helped lead to a massive election victory which everyone knows couldn't be repeated... once the shine wore off they did what independent and swing voters do, they swung

It's common knowledge Republican voters tend to be whiter on average than Democratic voters... I dont think that's breaking news, brother

Here is the % of white voters that supported the democratic candidate. Seems statistically consistent to me. 

1972 - 32
    1976 - 47
    1980 - 36
    1984 - 35
    1988 - 40
    1992 - 39
    1996 - 43
    2000 - 42
    2004 - 41
    2008 - 43
    2012 - 39
    2016 - 37 (Good Job Hillary, elitism don't work)

Mountains/Molehills

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/11/exit-polls-how-obama-won-015297

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2012/11/08/president-obama-and-the-white-vote-no-problem/
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Keep assuming and talking down to people, elitist 

You're not the smartest guy in the room
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism

Linked yesterday.
    Because Obama represented their values and respected everyone?so yea.
    Yeah, ok, sure. Lol

Given the historical context I  have no problem with the fact some black people voted for Obama just because he was black... but to dismiss it is just naive... it's a fair point ledbetterman10 was making... voting for someone just because of their race is racist, and DEFINITELY happened in 2008 & 2012... again, I actually had no issue with it, but to dismiss it is silly
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Keep assuming and talking down to people, elitist 

You're not the smartest guy in the room
    Bully

Never claimed I was. Love the personal attacks though. I'll add it below.

Oh, I forgot elitist.

Signed,

Cheeto eating, basement dwelling keyboard warrior, internet tough guy, pompous liberal bully elitist who's not the smartest guy in the room

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I'm just going with amt bully and elitist. I dont think that's name calling, I just think you are better than that.

I was slipping towards the siren song of elitism, but I think I caught myself. It's not too late for you either lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    And for the hundredth time, cheeto eating is not name calling, its something to be proud of, because cheetos are awesome 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Dear Watson,

All it shows is a consistent voting pattern over the past 40+ years that about 40% of white people support the Democratic candidate... 

2008 Obama had the highest amount of support by whites for a Democrat since 1976 and Jimmy Carter... and in 2008 Obama enjoyed 54% support by young white voters... that's a huge number for a Democrat 

The drop in support from 2008 to 2012 is simply a return to the historical average after an electric and transitional candidate in 2008 brought in large numbers of independents and swing voters that helped lead to a massive election victory which everyone knows couldn't be repeated... once the shine wore off they did what independent and swing voters do, they swung

It's common knowledge Republican voters tend to be whiter on average than Democratic voters... I dont think that's breaking news, brother

Here is the % of white voters that supported the democratic candidate. Seems statistically consistent to me. 

1972 - 32
    1976 - 47
    1980 - 36
    1984 - 35
    1988 - 40
    1992 - 39
    1996 - 43
    2000 - 42
    2004 - 41
    2008 - 43
    2012 - 39

Mountains/Molehills

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2012/11/08/president-obama-and-the-white-vote-no-problem/
    Dear Holmes,

Your reading comprehension leaves somehting to be desired as do your dot connecting skills. The article and the study that is linked don't discuss historical trends in voting. It studies the motivation for the swing, that you rightly pointed out, from Obama to Trump and/or "not Hillary." Motivations that were found to be based in fear of the "other," either race or immigrant based. Further, the margin in vicotry, via electoral college was approximately 40,000 votes in three key states, despite Hillary winning approximately 3,000,000 more nationwide. Now, what was putin on the ritz and wikileaks and the Team Trump Treason campaign doing in collusion? Spreading fake news and memes, some of which were posted here on this very site, fanning the flames of fear of immigrants and BLM and the "other."  putin on the ritz spent a million dollars a day and it worked. But it only worked because the RNC and Cambridge Analytica told them when and where to focus their efforts. The NRA laundered the money to support the efforts. Elementary.

Further, both the article and study touch on the common thought at the time for Obama's victory based on exiting polling and after action reporting. This study, backed by others, confirm that the swing was driven by:

Over at the Washington Post, researchers Matthew Fowler, Vladimir Medenica, and Cathy Cohen have published the results of a new survey on these questions, with a focus on the 41 percent of white millennials who voted for Trump and the sense of “white vulnerability” that motivated them. The conclusion is very clear:

Contrary to what some have suggested, white millennial Trump voters were not in more economically precarious situations than non-Trump voters. Fully 86 percent of them reported being employed, a rate similar to non-Trump voters; and they were 14 percent less likely to be low income than white voters who did not support Trump. Employment and income were not significantly related to that sense of white vulnerability.

So what was? Racial resentment.

Mountains indeed, brotha.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Elitism: Related to being a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities.

OK, so Trump won by appealing to a select group superior in the qualities of stupidy, banality, ignorance, crudeness (a fine virtue in certain art forms), and disdain for the health of the planet.

The rig is running into the ditch.   Someone take the wheel.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Smellyman said:
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Elitism
    Entertained?  There is no doubt that he is making the US a fucking joke among world leaders.  All a leader has to do is complement him and he'll do whatever the fuck they want.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Dear Watson,

1972 - 32
    1976 - 47
    1980 - 36
    1984 - 35
    1988 - 40
    1992 - 39
    1996 - 43
    2000 - 42
    2004 - 41
    2008 - 43
    2012 - 39

Mountains/Molehills

Dear Holmes,

Your reading comprehension leaves somehting to be desired as do your dot connecting skills. 
    I stopped there
  • Options
    You cant stop yourself from talking down to people
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    You cant stop yourself from talking down to people
    Bully

And I should have stopped reading at "Dear Watson," but I thought I'd entertain myself.

Brilliantati©