*** Chicago, IL, Fanviews Here 8/18/18 ***

Comments

• RR105426RR105426 Posts: 97
    Can’t get over how good they sounded last night.  Felt like they extended jammed many songs and just crushed it.  Guys were in a great mood overall.  Not sure I’ve seen Stone that engaged and animated at a show in a long time.  Not that he doesn’t always bring it but I just thought he had something extra last night.

crowd around us was awesome (section 9).  

the solat/breath combo was awesome.  Best version of breath I’ve ever heard in person.

Garden, Alone. NFY, Breakerfall other highlights of the night for me.

Cant wait for Monday- poncho and all
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited August 2018
    I am too old for the pit 
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    How magic it seemed. 
    Nice shirt.
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2018
    TR136913 said:
    One of the weakest sets I’ve heard. Self indulgent b sides. A disappointment, especially for Wrigley.
    Wow. Couldn’t disagree more. 

Incredible setlist full of OG Gems. Was glad for the break from Jeremy and Black, and I’m sure we will get them Night 2. 

Section 12 was rocking down behind Cubs dugout. Had a fantastic time. 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Great setlist with the deep cuts I need to keep me going! Not just to the shows but in life. 

Lol, I had a blast! Some songs that I never heard before, absolutely awesome. 

My section 127 was a little into it, but didn’t matter to us. We were rockin’!

If if I had one or two little critiques move Even Flow to an Encore and just change up the encore a little. Oh and no more Wrigley after Monday night. 
  • Great setlist with the deep cuts I need to keep me going! Not just to the shows but in life. 

Lol, I had a blast! Some songs that I never heard before, absolutely awesome. 

My section 127 was a little into it, but didn’t matter to us. We were rockin’!

If if I had one or two little critiques move Even Flow to an Encore and just change up the encore a little. Oh and no more Wrigley after Monday night. 
    I mean as a SOX fan living in the NW Suburbs I don’t mind heading to Wrigley occasionally  but 5 straight is good for me. 
  • slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 682
    TR136913 said:
    One of the weakest sets I’ve heard. Self indulgent b sides. A disappointment, especially for Wrigley.
    You should hang up your membership
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• unikunkaunikunka Posts: 87
    You're mad they didn't play Evil Little Goat?  Cause you love the song with all your heart or because some other crowd now boasts they got to see it first?

• unikunka said:
    You're mad they didn't play Evil Little Goat?  Cause you love the song with all your heart or because some other crowd now boasts they got to see it first?

It's pretty weird how competitive some PJ fans are. From merch to rarities to length of sets to posters for shows to which show was best to...

I'm not in Chicago, but I hope all the fans there get a great night (again) for show II. If fans leave Chicago feeling the way I did leaving Seattle... the world will be a better place.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    There were only a few duds - SBM, know your rights - otherwise is was awesome - I really enjoyed the first 5-6 songs and the first encore, especially. 
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,484
    JH6056 said:
    gotsome10 said:
    Fuckin incredible set list minus the last encore. They mailed it in.... scratch a couple hard hitting fan favorites to please a crowd of people who could care less about hitting the road to see the greatest live act around. All around a 4.2/5 solely because the last encore. The same band that plays past curfew every time they play wrigley mails it in at the end and scratch’s songs off their original set just to adhere to “wrigleyville rules” I call bullshit. I’ve been to 8 shows now,  and that could’ve been the best had they not cut several songs short and scratched even more from their set that would’ve easily completed a very dynamic show. Not to mention this was the shortest show of all US shows... 
    You do realize they slso ADDED SONGS, right? Almost as many adds as scrstch offs. So in terms of length, can't really say they scrstched off to adhere to rules.
    LOL “mailed it in”

please
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    unikunka said:

Couldn’t have said it better. It’s awful and barely a song. Who cares 
    Play BRY you Evanston Pussy!!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    That was a blast!  Alone into RVM rocked. The only bad thing I have to say is I couldn't believe the amount of people standing in line for merch during the show. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    That was a blast!  Alone into RVM rocked. The only bad thing I have to say is I couldn't believe the amount of people standing in line for merch during the show. 
    Seriously? That’s embarrassing. 
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Correction: footsteps into state into breath was amazing! That is Ten era I will never tire of.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
    CP218430 said:
    Correction: footsteps into state into breath was amazing! That is Ten era I will never tire of.
    Yes
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yep.  Insane.  Went to the bathroom 2-3 times during the show and every time there were a bunch of people waiting in line.....people more concerned with tshirts and stickers than the actual show....I just don't get it.
  • That was a blast!  Alone into RVM rocked. The only bad thing I have to say is I couldn't believe the amount of people standing in line for merch during the show. 
    Yeah, that’s sad. You’re missing the damn show, man!

but who knows, my wife always sneaks away to buy me a shirt. So it could be people doing a cool thing for their loved one/friend/kid. You never know. 
  • I am too old for the pit 

Time to move to Evanston  :o:o
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Last night was incredible.  Like a few have said, they sounded so fucking good!!  

I got to bring my younger brother, who had never seen them before.  2 songs in and he's agog over Ed's voice.  5 songs in and he was hooked for life.  

Loved the setlist.  SOLOT, Breath, AND Alone?  Come on!  Leavin Here, Present Tense, Garden.  Porch AND Rearviewmirror.  DTE, Hail Hail, Wishlist.  Can't Deny Me sounded heavy as shit - so glad I got to hear it the way it's meant to heard.  And Rebel Rebel was a raucous good time.  

Felt like the whole placing was rockin.  Had a great view and relished the sights of whole sections of people dancing and singing just having a blast.  We were in Aisle 119.  Had been spoiled the last 3 shows at Wrigley with GA.  Was worried about the sound from the seats, but it was fantastic.  And loved feeling surrounded by the voices of the people throughout the rest of the venue.  

I don't care if it makes me uncool (it's not the first strike against me), I will never get tired of Corduroy.  

With the field lights up and everyone pumped, Rockin In The Free World is always powerful.  And then Yellow Ledbetter.   I mean holy hell.  

Such a great night.  Such an awesome show.  Easily one of the greatest I have ever seen.  

I don't want to bother addressing some of the negativity from a few who have posted, but I would like to say that if anyone who did not have a good time on Saturday is looking to get rid of their tickets for Monday, I'm sure others who would appreciate the experience would be willing to relieve them of their burden.  

I am too old for the pit 

Time to move to Evanston  :o:o
    You funny
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    TR136913 said:
    Nice trolling for a two post hero.  But 4 bsides in a 32 song set is not all that excessive for a band that changes their set every time. And that’s a generous count since YL and even Footsteps are fairly well known.
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    Very awesome show. Not my favorite but being in a large stadium was awesome. 
    It was one of the most polished shows I’ve seen though.  I didn’t see any wine ed stayed sober.  No falling or breaking shit.  He stayed on track and kept the political rants very neutral and non divisive. The band was was wound up though and sound was amazing.  
    The singles tunes were a solid bonus for me 
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yep.  Insane.  Went to the bathroom 2-3 times during the show and every time there were a bunch of people waiting in line.....people more concerned with tshirts and stickers than the actual show....I just don't get it.
    Went to the bathroom 2-3 times during the show?  That’s crazy. 
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I watched a few videos and I'm glad for everyone who was there! :)  You lucky ones!

It's just sad to see people complaining… I mean… 
    Are all these people so spoiled that they also just can not stop chatting during a show? :o  

Just be happy that you got to see them playing live! :peace:

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,964
    What an incredible show. First time being in Chicago, and this coming from a lifelong Bears fan, it was something special. My wife planned the entire trip, including securing GA tickets, and kept it all a secret and presented the trip to me on our wedding day back in June. I love Chicago and plan to come back soon!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    nicknyr15 said:
    Went to the bathroom 2-3 times during the show?  That’s crazy. 
    I went 10 times the 2 hours before the show but none during, which is crazier?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited August 2018
    We had to drive from Jersey and were up since 5:15am on Friday  this show is what was needed to keep us going. High enengy well played set with many many highlights. Perfect evening.   Sat in field Q
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • crober72crober72 Bartlett, IL Posts: 74
    Yeah, that’s sad. You’re missing the damn show, man!

but who knows, my wife always sneaks away to buy me a shirt. So it could be people doing a cool thing for their loved one/friend/kid. You never know. 
    My wife did the same for me — she’s not really a fan per se, but knows I like to get a shirt and hate to miss any of the show to get one. I’m a lucky guy. Was a little bummed out when she told me people in line were giving her shit for letting people move through the line to get to the rest rooms. 

Thought the the show was great — hoping indifference makes it into Monday nights set b/c that’s one I’ve always loved and have never heard it. No major complaints — as someone else said nice to have a break from Jeremy and Black — show didn’t suffer without them at all in my opinion. Also didn’t miss mind your manners and lightning bolt...like those but have seen them at every show since Wrigley ‘13. Fun night and they really brought an energy last night that reminded me a lot of night 1 of PJ20, which is still probably the best show I’ve seen (it is so hard to rank them though).

Also hoping this is the last Wrigley show for a while. It’s fun, the neighborhood is cool and the band always delivers a great show, but wouldn’t mind another stop at the UC or maybe a smaller venue like Moline — it was so much fun seeing them in a smaller place like that.

But these are all small things — I’m excited for Monday.