Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

12345679»

Comments

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    And the newsletter just answered for me. Is it best to purchase tickets in advance? Not sure how busy it gets, but don't want to have to adhere to a certain time either.
    And again, just ignore me. Looked online and no days are sold out. We'll just decide on the day when we're there.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    We’re excited to announce that the Pearl Jam: Home and Away exhibit at MoPOP has been extended through 2020!

Purchase your tickets to check out the exhibit featuring decades of memorabilia from PJ’s warehouse, such as personal instruments, equipment, stage props, original typewritten lyrics and notebooks, original poster and album art, setlists, and so much more.
  • mgb2mgb2 St. Louis, MO Posts: 10
    And again, just ignore me. Looked online and no days are sold out. We'll just decide on the day when we're there.
    We were there on a weekday in July.  Everything in MoPOP is included in your general admission, and while we bought advanced tickets, they were readily available at the entrance.  

As for the exhibit...wow.  What is on display is amazing.  There are also a couple of areas where you can sit down and watch videos of concert performances, so you could probably stay all day.  :)

Our cruise gets back on a Tuesday. We're staying in West Seattle so I figure Easy Street and other things in that area on that day, but our downtown plans were all Wednesday. But maybe we'll have two downtown days. Lots to do there! Thursday rent a car to check out Discovery Park and some Twin Peaks locations for a damn fine cup of coffee. Up and early Friday morning to hit up Rattlesnake Ridge on the way to the Gorge. Busy 3 days there, but MoPOP is definitely on the list. Plus stalking Seattle tour and Evil Dead escape room since I already paid for them lol, and are also on Wednesday.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    Our cruise gets back on a Tuesday. We're staying in West Seattle so I figure Easy Street and other things in that area on that day, but our downtown plans were all Wednesday. But maybe we'll have two downtown days. Lots to do there! Thursday rent a car to check out Discovery Park and some Twin Peaks locations for a damn fine cup of coffee. Up and early Friday morning to hit up Rattlesnake Ridge on the way to the Gorge. Busy 3 days there, but MoPOP is definitely on the list. Plus stalking Seattle tour and Evil Dead escape room since I already paid for them lol, and are also on Wednesday.
    Buy some nosebleeds for the Stones.  Maybe we'll get some PJ representation? :)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    I checked this out while I was in Seattle for the stones.   Not too shabby.  It was kind of cool seeing all that stuff.   My favourite parts were taking the group picture in front of the Ten background (I wasn't sure if that was a recreation, but it was pretty cool) and seeing the momma-son tape.  The broken guitars were also cool.

Tshirts and posters were kind of cool to see, but I have lots of those.. most of the fund was pointing at the ones I own :) 

A little over a week to go!
  • Went to MoPOP two weeks ago while in Seattle & Vancouver for vacation.  Probably one of the coolest museum's I have ever been in and there's something for everyone there!
  • Where did they pull all of this stuff from / where does it end up after the exhibit closes down? PJ HQ?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Where did they pull all of this stuff from / where does it end up after the exhibit closes down? PJ HQ?
    I believe that it is all from the PJ warehouse or HQ.  I think they showed some of it in the PJ20 doc.  Its where they have the archives, rehearsal space, 10C, etc. (based what I have seen/heard - it's not open to the public)
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,273
    Where did they pull all of this stuff from / where does it end up after the exhibit closes down? PJ HQ?

My guess is they store some stuff at the HQ.  But i'll bet they have a separate storage space or warehouse  to archive the nearly 30 years worth of everything you could think of.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Where did they pull all of this stuff from / where does it end up after the exhibit closes down? PJ HQ?
    The museum had full access to the warehouse, so our curator chose the pieces he wanted to display. He did a fantastic job!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • I was able to visit the museum on Sunday.  Exceeded expectations! 
    Some highlights:
    the stair walk up with the 'Ten/Once intro' music in the background
    Momma/Son tape and the reels of the earliest sessions.
    The music and videos coming from every corner.
    My favorite was seeing the full setlist for my 1st show - 6/24/95 Golden Gate - what an fantastic 2nd half.  :-)
    And also getting my family to pose for the Ten album cover.

6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Hope they keep the exhibit up at MoPOP for a few more years.
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    edited January 2020
    Wrong thread.