Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

Comments

• Looking for one ticket.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    Any details on when the exhibit will be open to 10C? Hoping to check it out on the Thursday in between the shows.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,516
    been wondering that myself.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    As an employee, I haven't heard anything definite yet. I think they're still trying to figure out all of the details since it's somewhat of a unique situation. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited June 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    I work for MoPop and I was told until the end of the year. And let me tell you that I have known about this since February and it has been absolutely killing me not to post about it, but we were told to let the band announce it. It's going to be amazing!
    Sweet. I'll be there for a conference the first week of October, and they've planned a trip to MoPOP for the attendees. I'm glad this exhibit will still be there. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    demetrios said:
    I work for MoPop and I was told until the end of the year. And let me tell you that I have known about this since February and it has been absolutely killing me not to post about it, but we were told to let the band announce it. It's going to be amazing!
    Sweet. I'll be there for a conference the first week of October, and they've planned a trip to MoPOP for the attendees. I'm glad this exhibit will still be there. :)
    Awesome! I know you'll enjoy it. And the good thing about visiting in October is that the museum is a lot less hectic than it is in the summer months. It's been pretty crazy lately, but it eases up in September. Glad you'll have the chance to visit!  =)
    Any details on when the exhibit will be open to 10C? Hoping to check it out on the Thursday in between the shows.
    Well, this is probably not going to make a lot of people happy but I was told today that the 10c access will be given on Wednesday and Friday night AFTER the shows between 11pm and 2am. During the summer, we don't close until 7pm so it presents a challenge to allow access to an exhibition that is off limits to other paying guests. I don't know if any other times will be made available or not, but this is the info I was given today. I'm not sure how soon emails will be sent out regarding ticket information because that will be directly from 10c. Sorry I don't have better news, but I hope this helps with your planning.
    that's dumb.
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Oh my. I'm glad i have tickets to the screening event, but most dont!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,835
    edited July 2018
    This was news to me too. My guess is it got damaged being transported or it was collateral damage from Mike's early years on stage. Also, he often threw his bass at the end of Porch to someone waiting off stage. If the tech/roadie didn't catch it...smashed and broken.

Never seen Jeff smash any instrument. Ed and Mike, yes, but Jeff, no. 

Stone...one time (5:45)
    https://youtu.be/Bswse16jGi8

Can we get some info on the exhibit's early entrance for ten club members? Kat, Sea, anyone? Thank you!
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    This was news to me too. My guess is it got damaged being transported or it was collateral damage from Mike's early years on stage. Also, he often threw his bass at the end of Porch to someone waiting off stage. If the tech/roadie didn't catch it...smashed and broken.

Never seen Jeff smash any instrument. Ed and Mike, yes, but Jeff, no. 

Stone...one time (5:45)
    https://youtu.be/Bswse16jGi8

Can we get some info on the exhibit's early entrance for ten club members? Kat, Sea, anyone? Thank you!
    I mentioned this in a previous response, but from what I've been told the early entrance is going to be after each of the Home Shows. 10c members will have access from 11pm-2am. Not sure how soon 10c will be sending emails pertaining to purchasing tickets, but these are the times I was told last week while I was working.
    edited July 2018
    This is the dumbest idea yet.

Who wants to go to a museum at midnight after spending all day and night doing concert events?  They will open it up and very few will come.  People will want to go to a bar/restaruant or go to their hotel/bed after the show.  Also, if anyone actually decides to go, a horde of tourists wandering around a downtown metro area is a recipe for easy marks by the riff raff...especially in a city with apparently a ton of homeless individuals.

If this is true, fix this or don't have this.  

Pardon my negativity, btw.  I just find this weird and not serving the fans in any way.  I know i'm not alone in this opinion.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert
  • I do not find a link to buy :s
    2000 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1/ Berlin 2
    2014 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin
    2017 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Amsterdam 3/ Antwerp (EV Solo Shows)
    2018 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Krakow/ Berlin/ Seattle 1/ Seattle 2
    2019 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin/ Düsseldorf (EV Solo Shows)
    2022 Frankfurt
  • jdahlinejdahline Posts: 42

Looks like you can just get the daytime ticket then, bruh

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8TH

7:00am – 7:00pm
    - Price: $28
    - Includes access to Pearl Jam: Home and Away and all galleries in MoPOP, excluding special exhibitions

11:00pm – 2:00am
    - Price: $18
    - Includes access to Pearl Jam: Home and Away, Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction, Scared to Death, and Fantasy Worlds of Myth and Magic
    - Must be 21+

evenflow82 said:

Who wants to go to a museum at midnight after spending all day and night doing concert events?  They will open it up and very few will come.  People will want to go to a bar/restaruant or go to their hotel/bed after the show.  Also, if anyone actually decides to go, a horde of tourists wandering around a downtown metro area is a recipe for easy marks by the riff raff...especially in a city with apparently a ton of homeless individuals.

Pardon my negativity, btw.  I just find this weird and not serving the fans in any way.  I know i'm not alone in this opinion.

• I do not understand :|
    2000 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1/ Berlin 2
    2014 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin
    2017 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Amsterdam 3/ Antwerp (EV Solo Shows)
    2018 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Krakow/ Berlin/ Seattle 1/ Seattle 2
    2019 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin/ Düsseldorf (EV Solo Shows)
    2022 Frankfurt
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629
    I do not understand :|
    Link is live is you reload the page now :)
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Had no issues, going Wednesday afternoon!
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
    edited July 2018
    Can someone direct me to the link to order tickets to the exhibit?

Also, I said, "if this is true it is a dumb idea".  It was looking like this was going to be the situation but I didn't know, so hence the "if".  No need to go all caps lock and call me "bruh".  Thank you.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited July 2018

Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    Cool, really looking forward to this exhibit! I bought one of those City Passes, with 5 tickets to different attractions around Seattle, and they include one for MoPop. Does anybody know if the PJ exhibit can be accessed using the City Pass after August 11th? Or would this be a separate special area not included in the regular ticket? I'm traveling a long distance for the Home Shows and just want to make sure I'm not spending more money than necessary. Thanks for your help :)
    Ticket purchased for Wednesday afternoon. Really hoping this isn’t a clusterfuck but it’s PJ so I’m sure it will be. 
    I got mine for 10am so when there is a cluster fuck I won't be too far down the line in delays.

-Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert
    Cool, really looking forward to this exhibit! I bought one of those City Passes, with 5 tickets to different attractions around Seattle, and they include one for MoPop. Does anybody know if the PJ exhibit can be accessed using the City Pass after August 11th? Or would this be a separate special area not included in the regular ticket? I'm traveling a long distance for the Home Shows and just want to make sure I'm not spending more money than necessary. Thanks for your help :)
    The Pearl Jam exhibition will not be a special area requiring extra admission (like our Marvel exhibition), so your City Pass can be used after August 11th and you'll be able to see the PJ gallery. If you want to see Marvel, you would pay $8 per person. Hope you enjoy!
  • leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    ZeldaZonk said:
    The Pearl Jam exhibition will not be a special area requiring extra admission (like our Marvel exhibition), so your City Pass can be used after August 11th and you'll be able to see the PJ gallery. If you want to see Marvel, you would pay $8 per person. Hope you enjoy!
    Great! Thank you very much :)
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Great! Thank you very much :)
    Anytime! Happy to help!  :)
  • fersenfersen Prague Posts: 28
    Anyone has a spare for Aug 9??
    PJ 2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II, Prague ♥, Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    PJ 2014: Vienna, Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin, London I, London II, Taormina I ♥, Taormina II ♥
    PJ 2018: Rome, Prague, Krakow ♥, Berlin, Barcelona, Seattle I ♥, Seattle II♥, Misoula, Chicago I, Chicago II
    EV 2019: Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Dublin
    [CC 2012: Birmingham, 2016: Vienna ♥]
  • PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    Looking for a ticket.   Lottery got me pit tixs but lost on this 
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Hey!! Soooooo awesome!! I HAVE A SPARE.
    Can someone explain what I can do with the pass that I won through ten club for the MoPop opening? Is it only good on August 9th? when will we get a mobile pass? or something that will tell me what it does? 
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    bgirl59 said:
    Hey!! Soooooo awesome!! I HAVE A SPARE.
    Can someone explain what I can do with the pass that I won through ten club for the MoPop opening? Is it only good on August 9th? when will we get a mobile pass? or something that will tell me what it does? 
    Pm sent
  • Looking for one of these tickets too. Thanks!