Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,891
Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP
News May 7 2018

Pearl Jam and MoPOP are excited to present the Pearl Jam: Home & Away exhibit showcasing 28 years of memorabilia from PJ’s warehouse.

This extensive exhibition will feature personal instruments, equipment, stage props, original typewritten lyrics and notebooks, original poster and album art, set lists, and a photo op featuring the towering letters from Ten.

Pearl Jam: Home & Away will coincide with The Home Shows and opens to the public on August 11, 2018.

The Ten Club is hosting an exclusive screening party at MoPOP on the evening of August 9th. A Ten Club ticket drawing is being held for eligible members for a chance to purchase a pair of tickets to this event.

For info and eligibility, log in to your account and visit the screening announcement on the Ten Club News page.

https://www.mopop.org/exhibits

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    edited May 2018
    WHOA!!!

PEARL JAM: HOME & AWAY EXHIBIT

Pearl Jam and MoPOP are excited to present the new Pearl Jam: Home & Away exhibit.

Pearl Jam: Home & Away will showcase 28 years of memorabilia that has been collecting in the warehouse, so here’s your chance to peep inside PJHQ while you’re in Seattle for The Home Shows!

On Thursday evening, August 9th, Ten Club will hold an exclusive screening party at MoPOP. Pearl Jam’s video director, Blue Leach, will be screening the video and audio feed from Wednesday night’s performance at Safeco Field. The show will be screened in its entirety on the Sky Church’s curved 60' x 33' high-resolution LED display with 5.1 surround sound and 140° viewing angles. This event is 21+ and open only to Ten Club Members and their guests. Tickets also include admission on August 9th for 2 to the museum, and exclusive access for 2 to preview the new Pearl Jam: Home & Away exhibit before the public.

A Ten Club ticket drawing is being held for eligible members for a chance to purchase a pair of Ten Club tickets to this event.

Eligibility: Members active as of Sunday, May 6th are eligible for this ticket drawing. New memberships purchased after May 6th are not considered eligible. Expired memberships that were renewed after that date are also not considered eligible.

The ticket drawing opens today, Monday, May 7th and closes on Friday, May 11th at 10am Pacific.

#PearlJamHomexAway

Post edited by demetrios on
    So tempting but don't have tickets to the Seattle shows. D'oh! :( 

• FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    Same day as the Sub Pop thingy...
    I suppose more info and a Fan Club drawing period will be announced in the May newsletter?
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,798
    edited May 2018
    Neat , i thought at  first it was going to be in Chicago as well
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
    I suppose more info and a Fan Club drawing period will be announced in the May newsletter?

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/ten-club-screening-event-and-mopop-exhibit
    demetrios said:

Got it, thanks. Just have a question, I am a bit confused. If you have tickets for the Aug. 8 show, does your ticket get you into this? 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,516
    Pumped for this. It says 10C members will be able to see the exhibit early even if you don’t win tix. 

ADDITIONAL BENEFIT: The special Pearl Jam: Home & Awayexhibit will be open to Ten Club Members for exclusive previews on Wednesday, August 8th and on Friday, August 10th (paid entrance to the museum required) before the public opening day on August 11th. An official Ten Club announcement on how to purchase admission will be made soon.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • jdahlinejdahline Posts: 42
    I have tix for both Seattle shows. Do I need to get into this lottery to go see the exhibit? Not sure I need to see the full replay of the concert from the night before, but would love to see the exhibit while in Seattle. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    demetrios said:

Got it, thanks. Just have a question, I am a bit confused. If you have tickets for the Aug. 8 show, does your ticket get you into this? 

No.

This is a separate event, they did a similar thing in between the 2 Fenway shows in 2016. If you want to go to this you have to enter the lottery that is up an running currently.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    jdahline said:
    I have tix for both Seattle shows. Do I need to get into this lottery to go see the exhibit? Not sure I need to see the full replay of the concert from the night before, but would love to see the exhibit while in Seattle. 
    I was curious about the same thing. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    edited May 2018
    jdahline said:
    You can see the exhibit without going to the screening. They will sell tix for 10 club only exhibit viewing before each Seattle show and then the exhibit opens to the public on August 11.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • jdahlinejdahline Posts: 42
    I just looked at the MoPOP website and it's like $35/admission anyway. Wonder if we can see the exhibit during the day on the 9th. We are flying in for both shows and the 9th is the only night we'll be there without a concert and I'm guessing wife would like to explore the city a bit that night. 
    I was gonna say that. Maybe you can buy this during the day at the front desk. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629
    ComeToTX said:
    Pumped for this. It says 10C members will be able to see the exhibit early even if you don’t win tix. 

ADDITIONAL BENEFIT: The special Pearl Jam: Home & Awayexhibit will be open to Ten Club Members for exclusive previews on Wednesday, August 8th and on Friday, August 10th (paid entrance to the museum required) before the public opening day on August 11th. An official Ten Club announcement on how to purchase admission will be made soon.
    This is incredibly smart on behalf of the band and gets me even more pumped to make the trip!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,498
    SPF30? That's on the Saturday, May 11. This screening is on the 9th, between the 2 shows.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    This is very cool and the museum is only a few blocks from our hotel. So even if we miss out on the drawing we'll definitely check this out Saturday morning.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    If it's anything like (and I assume lots of it will be) the PJ20 museum, there'll be some good stuff to see again. Was planning on a MoPop day while in Seattle, all the more reason to check it out.
    DC29940 said:
    ComeToTX said:

This is incredibly smart on behalf of the band and gets me even more pumped to make the trip!
    SWEET! I missed that detail.

mwplum said:
    SPF30? That's on the Saturday, May 11. This screening is on the 9th, between the 2 shows.
    I believe you mean August, and yes but I was talking about the open to the public
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 684
    edited May 2018
    ComeToTX said:

You really have to search to find this tidbit. A little misleading. The initial announcement makes it seem like the 9th and lottery is the only shot at getting to see it before the 11th. 
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
    ComeToTX said:

You really have to search to find this tidbit. A little misleading. The initial announcement makes it seem like the 9th and lottery is the only shot at getting to see it before the 11th. 
    It's right there on the webpage. Only way to miss it is not to read all the way through. I didn't see it the first time either but that's not because anything was misleading.

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,493
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
    edited May 2018
    JimmyV said:
    ComeToTX said:

It's right there on the webpage. Only way to miss it is not to read all the way through. I didn't see it the first time either but that's not because anything was misleading.

You have to go all the way to the lottery section before it mentions this. Why not mention there is a non lottery 10c option for preview on the main announcement then? Or in the email?

It leads you to believe the only preview option is the lottery. That is misleading. Im sure that is not the intention of course.  
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
    Why not mention the 10C exclusive preview here on the main News announcement? 
    https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-home-away-exhibit-at-mopop

• brianwpbrianwp Posts: 125
    Wow! I picked a really great week to visit Seattle!
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    demetrios said:
    I work for MoPop and I was told until the end of the year. And let me tell you that I have known about this since February and it has been absolutely killing me not to post about it, but we were told to let the band announce it. It's going to be amazing!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    edited May 2018
    I also hope they extend the viewing to include the 9th.  We were going to go there anyways because we wanted to see the Marvel exhibit, so it would be icing on the cake.

I'm ok not seeing the first show on TV the day after having seen it in person.  We have seahawks tickets for the night of the 9th, and that's not something I get to do very often :)
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Zod said:
    I also hope they extend the viewing to include the 9th.  We were going to go there anyways because we wanted to see the Marvel exhibit, so it would be icing on the cake.

I'm ok not seeing the first show on TV the day after having seen it in person.  We have seahawks tickets for the night of the 9th, and that's not something I get to do very often :)
    As far as I know we are only having one screening of the video on the 9th, so I don't think it's going to be extended. I could be wrong, though! There is a lot of content played in Sky Church during a typical day, so there might be footage shown sporadically but this is probably the only chance to see the concert screened in its entirety. As for Marvel, you are definitely going to enjoy it! 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016